SPY ZINGER

MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN
  • Handicap:12

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

A trip to the mailbox is always better when it contains 2013 Titleist prototype golf balls!

Excited to have received them with time still on the clock in Minnesota.

I started this thread to discuss the playability if you received them as well.

First round with them will be this Sunday & Monday.

Attached are a couple pics:

IMG_2249.jpg
IMG_2251.jpg
IMG_2253.jpg
Posted Image

#2 Ice

Ice

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Handicap:13

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

I'm on a bazillion different Titleist mailing lists and Team Titleist and all that but I never get these. It sucks.

Could it be the new ProV1 with a red number to disguise it? Or maybe it 's the 1x.
What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS
Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW
TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*
Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

#3 R.P. Jacobs II

R.P. Jacobs II

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Members

• 7,045 posts
  • LocationThe Burgh
  • Handicap:2

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

Are we close to maxin out the rechnology on balls?

Fairways & Greens 4ever

What's Inside My Sun Mountain H2N0 Stand Bag:

-TMaG RBZ ST 2 Tour(Breast Cancer Pink Head by WalkerJames) 10.5*, Graphite Design Tour AD 9003 S(74gr)

-Adams Speedline XTD Super LS VST 3FM(Breast Cancer Fill) 15*, RT Tech Midas S(88gr)

-Adams Idea XTD Super LS VST Hybrid 19*, Fubuki AX 350

-Mizzy MP-68(4i-8i),TT DG TI S400, +1/2", +2*

-SCOR 43*,47*,51*,55*,59*, Genious 12 Firm +,  +1/2"

-Scotty Studio Select Fastback Custom 1.5, 35", 350gr HW(Not from the shop, notta Tour Issue/Circle T, just a poor ass retail model B))-Breast Cancer Fill

-Golf Pride Decade Multi-Compound Cord, Mizzy Blue/Black

-Stones Tour B330-S

-Shoes: A bunch, depends on my slacks, lol

I Am A Very Kind, Compassionate & Understanding Man......

Until It Is Time To Cease Being Kind, Compassionate & Understanding....

RP Jacobs II

#4 RoverRick

RoverRick

• Members

• 5,194 posts
  • LocationNortheast Texas

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

I did not receive any yet, but two years ago I got some that turned out to be what is now the Velocity ball. Titleist will not tell you what ball it is going to be because they want your "impartial" opinion. I do not know if I will get them this year or not. I am not as active as I used to be on the Titleist site. Unlike here, they filter every response and reply. So to have a conversation it takes days.

The dimples on this ball in the pictures look more like a DT Solo than a Pro V1.

EDIT: After further review I take back that statement.

Instinct Putting

2012 KBS Shaft Review

In my
:taylormade-small: golf bag today.

Driver -   :nike-small:Ccvert Tour / MRC  Kuro Kage Black / Best Grips Micro Perforated Leather Grips

Fairway Metals - :titelist-small: 980F 13 & 17*  / Project X  PXV / Best Grips Micro Perforated Leather Grips

Hybrid -  :benhogan-small:  CFT 21&24* / Project X  PXV  / Best Grips Micro Perforated Leather Grips

Irons -  :mizuno-small:  MP 53 5 iron/ KBS C Taper Lite/ Best Grips Micro Perforated Leather Grips

Irons -  :mizuno-small:   MP68 6-P / KBS C Taper Lite / Best Grips Micro Perforated Leather Grips
Wedge- :vokey-small: Series 200 Oil Can 52 & 60* / Dynameic Gold  Wedge Leather Wrap Grips

Putter -   :cameron-small:  Coronado with BestGrip Major Leaguer Leather Putter Grip

Balls -    :titelist-small:  Pro V1x or :taylormade-small:  Project a or Tour Preferred
Shoes -   :footjoy-small:  M Project

post-14368-079422000%201371736688.jpg

#5 SPY ZINGER

SPY ZINGER

MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

Just doing some bouncing off wedges and the floor in my basement, the cover feels a little firm for a ProV1...but we'll see on course. I've played the same ball all year (Callaway iZ) so it will be an easy comparison.
Posted Image

#6 Jgolf

Jgolf

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members

• 349 posts
  • Handicap:2.9

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

My initial impression was that they were slightly softer than the old ProV... I'll have to play with them some more. It's always nice to get a surprise package in the mail!

#7 Tyk

Tyk

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,447 posts
  • LocationKansas City Area
  • Handicap:6

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

I just got these today. My initial impression is these are way to clicky for a pro v1.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

#8 Will Par

Will Par

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members

• 236 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:28 AM

I didn't get any (yet) but new ProV1 and ProV1x prototype balls were given to Titleist players at Las Vegas this week. You would think that since they are also sending these prototypes out at the same time that these would be the new version of the ProV1 and ProV1x that will be coming out next year.

#9 RoverRick

RoverRick

• Members

• 5,194 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

I didn't get any (yet) but new ProV1 and ProV1x prototype balls were given to Titleist players at Las Vegas this week. You would think that since they are also sending these prototypes out at the same time that these would be the new version of the ProV1 and ProV1x that will be coming out next year.

Not necessarily, Titleist can get the pros to test Pro V1s on tour however, they can not get them to test out the new DTs or NXTs or Velocity's. They need ametuer help to do that.

Instinct Putting

2012 KBS Shaft Review

In my

Driver -   :nike-small:Ccvert Tour / MRC  Kuro Kage Black / Best Grips Micro Perforated Leather Grips

Fairway Metals - :titelist-small: 980F 13 & 17*  / Project X  PXV / Best Grips Micro Perforated Leather Grips

Hybrid -  :benhogan-small:  CFT 21&24* / Project X  PXV  / Best Grips Micro Perforated Leather Grips

Irons -  :mizuno-small:  MP 53 5 iron/ KBS C Taper Lite/ Best Grips Micro Perforated Leather Grips

Irons -  :mizuno-small:   MP68 6-P / KBS C Taper Lite / Best Grips Micro Perforated Leather Grips
Wedge- :vokey-small: Series 200 Oil Can 52 & 60* / Dynameic Gold  Wedge Leather Wrap Grips

Putter -   :cameron-small:  Coronado with BestGrip Major Leaguer Leather Putter Grip

Balls -    :titelist-small:  Pro V1x or :taylormade-small:  Project a or Tour Preferred

#10 xxio

xxio

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

Should be easy enough to tell if it is the ProV or a lower level ball.

The ProV (and X) are the only urethane balls in the Titleist line up. Urethane balls vs others are easily enough distinguished by looks or even by trying to dig a fingernail into the cover.

#11 Will Par

Will Par

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members

• 236 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:10 AM

Titleist introduced the new Velocity and updated the NXT line last February. It was Feb 2011 when they last updated the ProV1 line. It appears to me that Titleist is on the same 2 year cycle for ball upgrades that they use for drivers. New drivers every two years in November, new balls every year in February with ProV1 line and the NXT and Velocity line each having a two year period before upgrading. That would make next Feb.(2013)the release date for the new ProV1's, with NXT and Velocity due for new versions in Feb. 2014.

#12 SPY ZINGER

SPY ZINGER

MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:03 AM

Had a chance to play the sleeve today, and I am pretty sure it is the upgraded ProV1. The spin and control around the greens, as well as off the putter, leads me to believe it is a premium ball.
Posted Image

#13 revkev

revkev

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members

• 3,443 posts
  • LocationSt Petersburg FL
  • Handicap:3

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:32 AM

As I'll be looking for a ball to play in two years - God willing - I'm anxious to hear what guys thing of these.
Driver TMag SLDR 12 Degree
Fairway woods Callaway xHot extremes
Hybrid Adams V4 23
Irons Wilson C 100 matrix studio 6.1 5-PW
Wedges SCOR 48, 53, 60 Genius graphite
wedge lies are 2 degrees flat, irons 1.5 degrees shafts 1/2" over standard
Putter Never Comprimise Vodoo Daddy 32.5"
Bag. Nike Cart my best ever!
Ball Nike RZN Red

#14 RoverRick

RoverRick

• Members

• 5,194 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:01 AM

I took back the statement about the dimples looked like the DT Solo. Clearly, this is a different dimple pattern than the last Pro V1. It is difficult to tell but there are some smaller dimples mixed in with the larger ones and I can not tell the pattern in those pictures. Of course, that would only tell me it is different which would not be a shock. The pattern of the dimples change every two years which is one of the things that makes the ball go farther.

pro v1 dimples.jpg pro v1 dimples2.jpg pro v1x dimples.jpg

Instinct Putting

2012 KBS Shaft Review

In my

#15 Will Par

Will Par

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members

• 236 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

I received a sleeve of these test balls today. Mine have the black number. I normally play the ProV1 and list the ProV1 as my preferred ball on the Team Titleist website. The dimples on these test balls match exactly the dimples on the ProV1 balls I've been playing.

Attached Images

• 013.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      10 Sep
    hckymeyer

Played yesterday and it was 76 degrees w/ 5mph winds, today playing in 50 degrees w/ 15-20mph winds. Sometimes I hate MN

Show comments (1)
View All Updates

Recent Topics

Recent Topics

Our Sponsors