Our Sponsors

Photo

Time for a coup d'etat?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Poll: Time for a coup d'etat? (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Keep it or Ban it?

1. Keep it. (14 votes [51.85%])

Percentage of vote: 51.85%

2. Ban it. (11 votes [40.74%])

Percentage of vote: 40.74%

3. Allow it for some and ban for others. (2 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

USGA Membership

1. Yes (7 votes [25.93%])

Percentage of vote: 25.93%

2. No (17 votes [62.96%])

Percentage of vote: 62.96%

3. I have been in the past but will not renew. (3 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

One or two sets of rules?

1. One set, I like to play by the same rules. (19 votes [73.08%])

Percentage of vote: 73.08%

2. Two sets, one for pros and one for mere mortals. (7 votes [26.92%])

Percentage of vote: 26.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 BK in TEXAS

BK in TEXAS

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,825 posts
  • LocationHouston
  • Handicap:13

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

The USGA sent out a survey which I decide to answer. In a nutshell, I let them know I would never purchase membership until they started thinking of the amateurs as much or more than the pros.

Unfortunately.........and I've seen it more than I care to........organizations like this will not change unless something drastic happens.........such as a large portion of it's members not renewing. Emails, letters, phone calls won't hurt, but it won't be enough for these narrow minded people to change their way of thinking. RP has it right.......dropping your membership is one of the best ways to make your voice heard.

In my bag, July 2014

Cobra AMP CELL PRO 10.5˚ Stock Shaft (Regular Flex)

Cobra Bio Cell 16˚ Fairway - ProjectX PXv Shaft - (Regular Flex)
Cobra Bio Cell 20˚ Fairway - ProjectX PXv Shaft - (Regular Flex)
Titleist 913H 24˚ Hybrid -
Diamana S+ - (Stiff Flex)

Titleist 913H 28˚ Hybrid - Diamana S+ - (Stiff Flex)
Mizuno MP-52 6-PW; KBS Tour Shafts (Regular Flex)
Callaway Jaws Wedges 52˚,56˚,60˚ DG Spinner Shafts
Nike
Method Core MC02w Putter

Titleist ProV1x 2014 Balls

Titleist Staff Bag

Clicgear 3.5 Push Cart

#32 R.P. Jacobs II

R.P. Jacobs II

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Members

• 7,045 posts
  • LocationThe Burgh
  • Handicap:2

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

I have sent numerous emails to the USGA about this. They send back the same stock reply, here is what I got yesterday. The "nature of my inquiry" was how they can claim it is for the good of the game if this rule really in no way benefits anyone.

THIS Bullsh*t reply is exactly why I didn't re-up my membership, & if I wasn't such a ho, I wouldn't a re-upped this year just to save my self time & $55 to get that info on my Fg59s.

Fairways & Greens 4ever
:mizuno-small:

What's Inside My Sun Mountain H2N0 Stand Bag:

-TMaG RBZ ST 2 Tour(Breast Cancer Pink Head by WalkerJames) 10.5*, Graphite Design Tour AD 9003 S(74gr)

-Adams Speedline XTD Super LS VST 3FM(Breast Cancer Fill) 15*, RT Tech Midas S(88gr)

-Adams Idea XTD Super LS VST Hybrid 19*, Fubuki AX 350

-Mizzy MP-68(4i-8i),TT DG TI S400, +1/2", +2*

-SCOR 43*,47*,51*,55*,59*, Genious 12 Firm +,  +1/2"

-Scotty Studio Select Fastback Custom 1.5, 35", 350gr HW(Not from the shop, notta Tour Issue/Circle T, just a poor ass retail model B))-Breast Cancer Fill

-Golf Pride Decade Multi-Compound Cord, Mizzy Blue/Black

-Stones Tour B330-S

-Shoes: A bunch, depends on my slacks, lol

I Am A Very Kind, Compassionate & Understanding Man......

Until It Is Time To Cease Being Kind, Compassionate & Understanding....

RP Jacobs II

#33 jmiller065

jmiller065

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

I have read 3 pages of people posting that haven't given one good reason in either direction, let me toss some things out there just for simple reading. I have already voiced my opinion on this matter probably a year ago on this forum, well before the rule change was ever announced or I even knew about it.

First a SINGLE PIVOT POINT STROKE (anchored to center belly, center chest, forearm across chest) anything where the shoulders don't really move and the arms don;t do much the putter just swings on a single pivot point (the anchor spot or top hand in arm across the chest) will give you a more stable stroke and be more easily repeatable in general but espesually under pressure.

Second a forearm anchor (Matt Kuchar) or a left hand low stroke w/ right knuckles anchored on left forearm (Padraig Harrington) both have a 3 point pivot relationship just like a conventional stroke. You can still manipulate the face with shoulders, a single arm, and wrists even with the anchor on the forearm. The only advantage that I see in this style putting is not flipping the head which like the USGA said is a "non-issue" on tour. This will still let you steer the stroke from many different components espesually under pressure.

Third there are zero restrictions on the putter equipment. Yo can have a 50" putter and a 380g head but you just can't anchor it to your body in the center of your body creating a single pivot point stroke.

The only thing you can do with a single pivot point stroke is move the distance of the putter has from your body closer or further away, the face can't twist or you'd feel the grip dig into you.

In a conventional stroke, forearm anchor or Harrington style stroke now you have wrists, arms, shoulders that can manipulate the face. 3 to 5 different pivot points to make the club stable and consistent through the stroke.

What sounds like it is a harder stroke to make consistently to you in general? As much as the people that use the anchored putter in the belly or a broom stick don't want to admit it, why was the switch made? Did you get the yips? Were you having too many missed putts because you steer the face with rotation? I would be willing to bet almost everyone switched to gain some sort of STABLE ADVANTAGE over a 3 pivot point stroke.

I have tried belly, broom stick, forearm across the chest, side saddle, left hand low, conventional. I have tried various grips: round, standard paddle, midsized paddle, different super-stroke sizes. I have also tried different head styles of putters (no offset, 1/2 shaft off set, full shaft off-set, heel shafted, center shafted, mallets, blades, etc) I tried a ton of different putters just for the sheer enjoyment of different styles but always stock to one style because it fit my stroke.

I felt the groove were a good rule change once i looked at the research and numbers. i feel this is a GREAT rule change honestly, but again I have spent the time to understand at the basic level different style of strokes. It is simple, when something can provide a more stable platform to "swing" a club, sort of like building a stance in a way then it shouldn't be legal in the first place.

I don't have any beef with the USGA and R&A at all on either rule I think both needed to be made. You should get reworded for hitting into the rough, and you shouldn't get reworded for having a single pivot point putting stroke. Golf as in life you get more rewording outcomes from hard work then you would being lazy and looking for hand outs. Just get fit and practice you have until 2016.
My Equipment
KZG VC-420 ML (10.5* Loft & 0.2* Open Face Angle) @ 44.50" w/ RT Technologies Ares LT (65g) Stiff (Tipped 1/2")
Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 16.5* @ 42.50" w/ RT Technologies Zeus (85g) Stiff (Tipped 1/2")
Tour Edge Exotics CB2 19.0* @ 40.00" w/ RT Technologies Midas (98g) Stiff (Tipped 1")
:wilson_staff_small: FG62 3i - 9i @ 38.75" - 35.75", 59.5* - 62.5* w/ KBS Tour X-Stiff (Soft Stepped 1x)
Fourteen MT-28 V5 T.S. Black 48-10 @ 35.25", 63.0* w/ KBS Tour X-Stiff (Soft Stepped 1x)
Fourteen MT-28 V5 T.S. Black 54-12 @ 35.25", 63.0* w/ KBS Tour X-Stiff (Soft Stepped 1x)
Fourteen MT-28 V5 T.S. Black 60-M @ 35.25", 63.0* w/ KBS Tour Wedge X-Stiff
:yes-small: Callie-f @ 33.25", 3.5* Loft, 69* Lie, 3/4 Shaft Offset, Pure Midsize Round Grip
Lamkin Crossline Full Cord M58, 2 build up wraps under right hand, 1 full double sided wrap
:srixon-small: Z-Star

Favorite Quotes
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." ~ Albert Einstein
"Competitive golf is played mainly on a five-and-a-half-inch course... the space between your ears." ~ Bobby Jones

The genius of Bruce Rearick (bargolf):
1. Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them
2. It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

#34 revkev

revkev

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members

• 3,228 posts
  • LocationSt Petersburg FL
  • Handicap:3

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Sorry to disagree JMiller but I'm going to for this very simple reason if this weren't a stroke then why wasn't action taken 30 years ago when it was first introduced. Honestly I thought the motion should have been baned then and there but it wasn't and subsequently an entire generation of golfers has grown up employing the technique.

At least in the case of the grooves there is evidence that they impact better players and so I suppose the USGA believed it had to act. They also didn't allow something to go on for a ridiculous amount of time - they saw an issue develope, did a study and took action - I might disagree with their action or feel that there is a better way to reign in the bomb and gauge approach but I'm in agreement with what the USGA is trying to accomplish.

I would have been in full agreement on the anchored putting thing 30 years ago or 25 years ago - I'm not now - too late.
Driver TMag SLDR 12 Degree
Fairway woods Callaway xHot extremes
Hybrid Adams V4 23
Irons Wilson C 100 matrix studio 6.1 5-PW
Wedges SCOR 48, 53, 60 Genius graphite
wedge lies are 2 degrees flat, irons 1.5 degrees shafts 1/2" over standard
Putter Never Comprimise Vodoo Daddy 32.5"
Bag. Nike Cart my best ever!
Ball Nike RZN Red

#35 RoverRick

RoverRick

• Members

• 5,118 posts
  • LocationNortheast Texas

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

I felt the groove were a good rule change once i looked at the research and numbers. i feel this is a GREAT rule change honestly, but again I have spent the time to understand at the basic level different style of strokes. It is simple, when something can provide a more stable platform to "swing" a club, sort of like building a stance in a way then it shouldn't be legal in the first place.

I don't have any beef with the USGA and R&A at all on either rule I think both needed to be made. You should get reworded for hitting into the rough, and you shouldn't get reworded for having a single pivot point putting stroke. Golf as in life you get more rewording outcomes from hard work then you would being lazy and looking for hand outs. Just get fit and practice you have until 2016.

In spite of the fact that you think we are lazy and looking for handouts and have not taken the time to be as enlightened as you, you are still entitle to your opinion, and I will not comment on those insinuations.

The issue here to me is that for 30 years this has been used. Over half of the respondents to this poll have said it should allowed at some level. The USGA and R&A could not posslibly careless about what golfers want. The fact that they made this decission and stated that there was no emphical evidence that it is better but they just do not like the looks.

Instinct Putting

2012 KBS Shaft Review

In my
:taylormade-small: golf bag today.

Driver -   :nike-small:  Covert / Miyasaki C.Kua 43S / Best Grips Oversized Leather Grips

3 Wood - :titelist-small: 913F 15*  / Tslimonti  PD80 X/ Best Grips Micro Perforated Leather Grips

Hybrid -  :ping-small:  i20 17*/ KBS Tour S Black Nicke/ Best Grips Micro Perforated Leather Grips

Irons -     :ping-small:  S56 4-P / KBS Tour S Black Nickel / Best Grips Micro Perforated Leather Grips
Wedge-  :ping-small:  Eye2 BeCu Sand/ KBS Tour S Black Nicke/ Best Grips Micro Perforated Leather Grips

Wedge- :vokey-small: Series 200 Oil Can 52 & 60* / Dynameic Gold  Wedge Leather Wrap Grips

Putter -   :cameron-small:  Coronado with BestGrip Major Leaguer Leather Putter Grip

Balls -    :titelist-small:  Pro V1x
Shoes -   :footjoy-small:  M Project

post-14368-079422000%201371736688.jpg

#36 whiskey golf

whiskey golf

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Handicap:7.3

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

Regardless of the technicality of the strokes between anchored and conventional putters, you can still screw up either way under pressure. I think they both have their strengths and weaknesses so in my opinion, both should be allowed equally.

Cleveland DST Launcher, 10.5*

- Stock Diamana Whiteboard, 64g, Stiff flex

PING Anser, 14.5*

- PING TFC 800F, Stiff flex

Titleist 910 H, 21* with D1 setting (20.25*)

- Stock Mitsubishi Kai'li 85g, Stiff

Mizuno JPX 825 Pro Irons, 4-GW

- True Temper Dynamic Gold XP S300, 0.5" over length

- 1 degree upright and 1 degree strong

SCOR 4161, 53* and 57* 

- Genius 12 (KBS), Firm. 0.25" over length

Putter: One of my heel shafted or bullseye style putters

Ball

- Titleist Pro-V1x

#37 jmiller065

jmiller065

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

In spite of the fact that you think we are lazy and looking for handouts and have not taken the time to be as enlightened as you, you are still entitle to your opinion, and I will not comment on those insinuations.

It was a general statement about people in general in the USA, is that everyone no. Don't take things I write personally as that's not what they were intended to be. It was more about don't make emotional arguments that have no logic and stop bitching just practice.

The issue here to me is that for 30 years this has been used. Over half of the respondents to this poll have said it should allowed at some level. The USGA and R&A could not possibility careless about what golfers want. The fact that they made this decision and stated that there was no emphical evidence that it is better but they just do not like the looks.

This poll proves NOTHING you have a total of 25 votes for Ban it (12 votes), Keep it (11 votes), Allow it for some (2 votes) the sample size out of the millions of golfers would be less then 1% of the population.

This poll proves nothing, you have a TOTAL of 25 votes for keep it (12 votes), Ban it (11 votes), Split rules (2 votes). I assume world wide we are talking about an estimated number of golfers to be 50 to 60 million people. Lets assume it is 50 million this sample of "what golfers want" is 0.00005% of the total population (25/50,000,000 * 100). People in stats would laugh at you if you tried to give them this size of a sample to prove something. It is more of an entertainment value then real proof.

I would have to assume someone in the USGA / Players Committee is 1/2 way smart and did their homework on the single pivot stroke compared to a 3 to 5 pivot point stroke before making a rule cahnge. The USGA has openly said they are still taking suggestions from "players" for awhile.

I was at a JR tournament around here where I think it was about 1 in 25 in that field had a anchored putter we are talking an IJGA event here future college players and maybe some tour pros. I also have the position of where I get to play golf with 100s of people in a year, playing 4 to 5 times a week as a single on a popular public golf course where I am a member I get to see what is in the bag for still a small population of golfers. I would guess that about 1 out of 50 people I have been randomly paired with use an anchored style putter.

I feel this rule effects less people then what the authors of golf magazines really want to admit to, they are in the business to sell stories (like any news station) and like to stir the pot as much as possible making it bigger then it really is. I read crap like oh everyone that is an AM uses a belly / broom stick single pivot point stroke, it's wrong.

Sorry if i offended anyone with my lazy comments it was more a statement in general and not a personal attack on anyone individual. Why do you think fast food places, junk food are so popular in the states? People are just impatient in general here we want things to happen NOW because our lives are so "busy". Whatever the case it was more about the sociology of the people in the states in general, that's not everyone by any means just a large population a majority probably.

EDIT: I wanted to toss this up as well from Bruce the putting Guru >> http://www.bargolfin...chored-and.html

It is pretty clear an anchored stroke provides a more stable relationship then non-anchored. I personally have always felt like I was cheating my way to lower scores using an anchor but that's just me and my opinion.
My Equipment
KZG VC-420 ML (10.5* Loft & 0.2* Open Face Angle) @ 44.50" w/ RT Technologies Ares LT (65g) Stiff (Tipped 1/2")
Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 16.5* @ 42.50" w/ RT Technologies Zeus (85g) Stiff (Tipped 1/2")
Tour Edge Exotics CB2 19.0* @ 40.00" w/ RT Technologies Midas (98g) Stiff (Tipped 1")
:wilson_staff_small: FG62 3i - 9i @ 38.75" - 35.75", 59.5* - 62.5* w/ KBS Tour X-Stiff (Soft Stepped 1x)
Fourteen MT-28 V5 T.S. Black 48-10 @ 35.25", 63.0* w/ KBS Tour X-Stiff (Soft Stepped 1x)
Fourteen MT-28 V5 T.S. Black 54-12 @ 35.25", 63.0* w/ KBS Tour X-Stiff (Soft Stepped 1x)
Fourteen MT-28 V5 T.S. Black 60-M @ 35.25", 63.0* w/ KBS Tour Wedge X-Stiff
:yes-small: Callie-f @ 33.25", 3.5* Loft, 69* Lie, 3/4 Shaft Offset, Pure Midsize Round Grip
Lamkin Crossline Full Cord M58, 2 build up wraps under right hand, 1 full double sided wrap
:srixon-small: Z-Star

Favorite Quotes
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." ~ Albert Einstein
"Competitive golf is played mainly on a five-and-a-half-inch course... the space between your ears." ~ Bobby Jones

The genius of Bruce Rearick (bargolf):
1. Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them
2. It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

#38 R.P. Jacobs II

R.P. Jacobs II

• Members

• 7,045 posts
  • LocationThe Burgh

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

I don't give a sh*t one way or the other on the putter issue. I actually putted better with my 35" than the belly, however I voted yes for the amateurs out there because I believe that it helps them to enjoy the game more. Since 98% of the golfers out there don't break 100, so the hell what if they feel that they putt better with a belly/long putter?

Good for them! Good for the game!

If they believe it, then so be it.

My disgust with the USGA has nothing to do with this rulling per se, because rulings like this are just systemic of a far deeper problem with the Organizational seniors.

Regarding the putter issue, points can be made on both sides, and everybody claims "scientific" & "studies" and data & numbers, yet I've really seen none, on either side that shows a performance advantage.

HaHa, it reminds me of the medical field where a Doc from Harvard releases a study that says white & another from Hopkins releases one that says black, and they both follow "protocol," and yet they both can't be right, lol.

And they both will end up in the New England Journal of Medicine.

Paleeeeeze, spare me.

It's an emotional issue, howeveer people always try to give validity by quoting data, stats & numbers, HaHa. If data, statistics & numbers say what they want them to say in medicine, just how much credibilty do you think that I give some frickin golf pro, HaHa, or anyone in the golf world for that matter ;)

For me, it's simple(I'm a big fan of KISS), I think it's good for the growth of the game. That's where my grind is with the USGA. They shouldn't have any say over the pros, on either side of the ocean, and their mission and primary, secondary & tertiary obligation should be the growing of the game, and they should get outa the rules game.

FWIW, what JM refers to as "pivot points" are also referred to as "degrees of freedom" in physics terminology. There are six degrees of freedom in a putting stroke:

1)Hands
2)Wrist
3)Elbows
4)Shoulders
5)Hips
6)knees

With a normal putter, all six of those degrees of freedom come into play to one degree or another. With a belly or anchored putter, one effectively reduces or eliminated 3(though Dave Pelz would argue the 4th in the shoulders, though I would debate that, because the shoulders provide the same movement, with a traditional putter or belly):

1)Hands
2)Wrist
3)Elbows

FWIW, a member at my club who is a USGA Committee member and a member of the Equipment Standards Committee & Joint Equipment Standards Committee, quoted this point of view openly, so I've got to believe that other members shared his views, because one thing that I can assure you is that there are a lot of sheep in the upper echelons of the USGA, and this member is one of them, so he would not voice views or opinions that were not shared by a majority of the other sheep, HaHa. He's your typical waspy, country clubbin(He also is a member of Oakmont CC, Merion GC & Ballybunion GC in County Kerry, Ireland) stiff, lol <_<

So, from a simply logical point of view, if you eliminate 3 variables with your belly putter that I have to deal with with my traditional putter, well, that's an unfair advantage. But before ya go crazy, I don't care about that. And yes, I realize that it's a sum zero game because by reducing/eliminating the hands, wrists & elbows(thus great reducing forearm rotation), you also reduce the "feel" that a player using a traditional length putter would have. But my view is based on what I feel is best for growing the game.

Just a thought

Fairways & Greens 4ever
:mizuno-small:

What's Inside My Sun Mountain H2N0 Stand Bag:

-TMaG RBZ ST 2 Tour(Breast Cancer Pink Head by WalkerJames) 10.5*, Graphite Design Tour AD 9003 S(74gr)

-Adams Speedline XTD Super LS VST 3FM(Breast Cancer Fill) 15*, RT Tech Midas S(88gr)

-Adams Idea XTD Super LS VST Hybrid 19*, Fubuki AX 350

-Mizzy MP-68(4i-8i),TT DG TI S400, +1/2", +2*

-SCOR 43*,47*,51*,55*,59*, Genious 12 Firm +,  +1/2"

-Scotty Studio Select Fastback Custom 1.5, 35", 350gr HW(Not from the shop, notta Tour Issue/Circle T, just a poor ass retail model B))-Breast Cancer Fill

-Golf Pride Decade Multi-Compound Cord, Mizzy Blue/Black

-Stones Tour B330-S

-Shoes: A bunch, depends on my slacks, lol

I Am A Very Kind, Compassionate & Understanding Man......

Until It Is Time To Cease Being Kind, Compassionate & Understanding....

RP Jacobs II

#39 RoverRick

RoverRick

• Members

• 5,118 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:23 AM

One of my good friends that I play with every week has worn the same cap since I met him. It is last years Olympic hat. We generally are not allowed on the same team since we are the best two golfers, but we were on Saturday and Sunday of last week. Saturday he wore his Olympic hat and we talked about this ruling and my disdain for the USGA and Sunday he showed up in a brand new Titleist cap.

I shot a 73 and he said that from now on he will bring both. If he in my partner, he wears Titleist, if not, he is wearing the USGA cap. :lol:

I pointed out it was the swing changes, longer shafts, and finally the proper clubs that really did the trick but he said we will find out next week if he has to breakout the USGA cap.:D

I shot a 72 today with no caps but was also by myself. Played 18 holes and had 14 two putt pars, two birds and two bogeys.

Instinct Putting

2012 KBS Shaft Review

In my

Driver -   :nike-small:  Covert / Miyasaki C.Kua 43S / Best Grips Oversized Leather Grips

3 Wood - :titelist-small: 913F 15*  / Tslimonti  PD80 X/ Best Grips Micro Perforated Leather Grips

Hybrid -  :ping-small:  i20 17*/ KBS Tour S Black Nicke/ Best Grips Micro Perforated Leather Grips

Irons -     :ping-small:  S56 4-P / KBS Tour S Black Nickel / Best Grips Micro Perforated Leather Grips
Wedge-  :ping-small:  Eye2 BeCu Sand/ KBS Tour S Black Nicke/ Best Grips Micro Perforated Leather Grips

Wedge- :vokey-small: Series 200 Oil Can 52 & 60* / Dynameic Gold  Wedge Leather Wrap Grips

Putter -   :cameron-small:  Coronado with BestGrip Major Leaguer Leather Putter Grip

#40 RoverRick

RoverRick

• Members

• 5,118 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:35 AM

I just got a letter from my club.and effective March 1st they are converting to the USGA - GHIN system. This means that we are going to have to pay $15. I generally do not have a problem with the money, lord knows I spent more than that at the bar Thursday after I closed my tab, but it is where the money goes to. I am afraid that I am going to have to opt out of my club handicap because I am protesting any of my money going to the USGA. I will point this out to them tomorrow.

Instinct Putting

2012 KBS Shaft Review

In my

#41 BK in TEXAS

BK in TEXAS

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,825 posts
  • LocationHouston
  • Handicap:13

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

I am afraid that I am going to have to opt out of my club handicap because I am protesting any of my money going to the USGA.

:D

In my bag, July 2014

Cobra AMP CELL PRO 10.5˚ Stock Shaft (Regular Flex)

Cobra Bio Cell 16˚ Fairway - ProjectX PXv Shaft - (Regular Flex)
Cobra Bio Cell 20˚ Fairway - ProjectX PXv Shaft - (Regular Flex)
Titleist 913H 24˚ Hybrid -
Diamana S+ - (Stiff Flex)

Titleist 913H 28˚ Hybrid - Diamana S+ - (Stiff Flex)
Mizuno MP-52 6-PW; KBS Tour Shafts (Regular Flex)
Callaway Jaws Wedges 52˚,56˚,60˚ DG Spinner Shafts
Nike
Method Core MC02w Putter

Titleist ProV1x 2014 Balls

Titleist Staff Bag

Clicgear 3.5 Push Cart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      29 Aug
    Dhuck Whooker

Spent this afternoon in a Golf----- checking out the equpiment. Can't afford to buy a bag of tees, so all we can do is dream. Used to do this in sporting goods stores when I was 12 , too. Now I'm 54. Nothing was really changed. All this great stuff and no money to buy it.

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      08 Aug
    HackHawk

Why do manufacturers put an iron equivalent on hybrids when the distances seem so much greater than irons. Surely it'd be better to just give lofts. Incidentally, perhaps irons should have degrees of loft on them instead of numbers too!

Show comments (2)
View All Updates

Recent Topics

Recent Topics

Our Sponsors