Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Shaft question

Hello everybody I have a question for the tech guys.

I play x100 shafts on my VR pro Blades. And I just bought a vr pro combo 4 iron and love the added forgiveness but I'm lacking distance I hit my 5 iron about 175 but my new 4 iron I hit about 176 LOL. My question is should I put a S400 in to gain some extra distance or soft step a x100 I know very little about this topic so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Walkerjames.

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Or try bending the loft a few degrees.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Or try bending the loft a few degrees.

Thanks BK that makes sense. I did not even check the spec oops. Lol

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

I check the lofts and 24 degree for the 4 pro combo. If I bent it to 22how will this affect the forgiveness?

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

1354574491[/url]' post='81857']

I check the lofts and 24 degree for the 4 pro combo. If I bent it to 22how will this affect the forgiveness?

No reason for it to affect forgiveness. All other things equal the ball will fly lower and possibly a bit further, that's it.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

No reason for it to affect forgiveness. All other things equal the ball will fly lower and possibly a bit further, that's it.

Thanks Matt

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

I play x100 shafts on my VR pro Blades. And I just bought a vr pro combo 4 iron and love the added forgiveness but I'm lacking distance I hit my 5 iron about 175 but my new 4 iron I hit about 176 LOL. My question is should I put a S400 in to gain some extra distance or soft step a x100 I know very little about this topic so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Walkerjames.

I personally play a KBS Tour XS in my 3/4i I tried the KBS C-Taper in them and the ball flight was too low with low spin and costing me distance. I play the C-Taper XS in my 5i to PW and the KBS Wedge XS in my gw, sw, lw. It might not be the flex of the shaft that is the issue when it comes down to it it could be a number of things.

Here are some guesses:

~ If you are comparing a 5i blade to 4i blade maybe it's miss hits causing the distance loss.

~ If we are talking about the cavity compared to the blade the cavity should launch higher, there is an issue if it doesn't, so that might help some.

~ Maybe the x100 is not launching high enough on the 4iron and lack of spin (low spin) is casting distance (my case with KBS C-Taper XS in my 3/4i compared to the 5i)

~ Maybe the 4iron is ballooning in terms of spin over the other clubs.

Without a little more info and maybe getting fitted to get a better idea of what exactly is causing the issues I don't know what else to say.

AS for bending it 2 degrees stronger that might be a disaster if the ball flight is already too low with low spin and that is the reason for the distance robbing.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

I personally play a KBS Tour XS in my 3/4i I tried the KBS C-Taper in them and the ball flight was too low with low spin and costing me distance. I play the C-Taper XS in my 5i to PW and the KBS Wedge XS in my gw, sw, lw. It might not be the flex of the shaft that is the issue when it comes down to it it could be a number of things.

Here are some guesses:

~ If you are comparing a 5i blade to 4i blade maybe it's miss hits causing the distance loss.

~ If we are talking about the cavity compared to the blade the cavity should launch higher, there is an issue if it doesn't, so that might help some.

~ Maybe the x100 is not launching high enough on the 4iron and lack of spin (low spin) is casting distance (my case with KBS C-Taper XS in my 3/4i compared to the 5i)

! maybe the 4iron is ballooning in terms of spin over the other clubs.

Without a little more info and maybe getting fitted to get a better idea of what exactly is causing the issues I don't know what else to say.

AS for bending it 2 degrees stronger that might be a disaster if the ball flight is already too low with low spin and that is the reason for the distance robbing.

Thanks J I think I will go see a fitter.

Happy holidays.

Walkerjames

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

Thanks Walkerjames.

As stated, I would check the clubs for specs to see if there is something a bit off such as loft, lie, length, flex make sure there is progression change. Assuming there is change and the clubs match I would look to soft stepping to keep the fell similar

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Archived