TESTERS WANTED! ×

>> OFFICIAL 30 Yards or More in 30 Days or Less Golf Fitness Thread <<

Hey everyone,

Wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce you to my golf specific workout programs.

My latest is a distance program that improves your body so you can maximize distance. The great thing is that you will also see benefits in your everyday life.

The goal is distance, longevity, and lower scores.

If you are not familiar with me or my workouts... here are some resources for you:

My blog which is devoted to golf fitness: Get Golf Fit

And then a free report which details out the four cornerstones of my 30 Yards program...

Not everyone will attain 30 yards in 30 days, but it has been done. There is hard work involved. There is consistency involved. But to those who follow through, the results are incredible.

People have used the workouts and won long drive contests... best yet, I love hearing from those who have used it and tell me they play with less pain than ever before.

I will be posting free workouts in here, the latest science, and anything else related to golf fitness and how it can help you improve.

Christian Henning, NASM-CPT, gfs

Vist my blog @ GetGolfFit.com

Follow me on Twitter @GetFitForGolf

Follow me on Facebook

==> Get your FREE Shed Pounds to Shave Strokes workout

728x90-Banner.jpg

Hi Christian,

I'm interested, but very skeptical as well. I'll be honest, simply because I do need a good workout regime. Your website kinda screams gimmick. The fact that your emails went straight to my spam kinda hints at that as well. 30 yards or more in 30 days or less screams that as well. Then there's claiming all the books are worth $486 is also out there. All of this makes me want to look elsewhere.

My first question would be, why not list all the equipment you need for a home gym out in the open? This is probably the most interesting part for me, but as someone who wants to build one up slowly, I'd rather know the list before paying for any regiment. I'd also like to know why your regiment is better than others (i.e. TPI).

I offer a 100% money back guarantee. It takes all risk out of the equation.

As for equipment, it was designed to be done in your home using a stability ball, dumbbells, and your own body. That's it.

As for the 30 yards in 30 days, it's been accomplished. You just have to be willing to do the work. If you aren't willing, this is not the program for you.

It's not easy. It's not a gimmick.

Also, TPI doesn't make a course you can print out and go to the gym? This is for anyone who has the motivation to get better physically.

The workouts are simple and to the point and all of the theory is explained why we are doing it.

It's a common sense workout program. Nothing more.

Chris

Hi Christian,

I'm interested, but very skeptical as well. I'll be honest, simply because I do need a good workout regime. Your website kinda screams gimmick. The fact that your emails went straight to my spam kinda hints at that as well. 30 yards or more in 30 days or less screams that as well. Then there's claiming all the books are worth $486 is also out there. All of this makes me want to look elsewhere.

My first question would be, why not list all the equipment you need for a home gym out in the open? This is probably the most interesting part for me, but as someone who wants to build one up slowly, I'd rather know the list before paying for any regiment. I'd also like to know why your regiment is better than others (i.e. TPI).

Follow me on Facebook

728x90-Banner.jpg

Contact me privately and I'll make you an offer you can't refuse.

Chris

Hi Christian,

Follow me on Facebook

728x90-Banner.jpg

Thanks for the reply Christian, I hope you can step back and see where my initial reaction comes from. I don't think I'm the only one (I actually know I'm not). I'm sure you are passionate about your product, but it does come off a bit like an infomercial. The tour striker is the only product I've seen on an infomercial that was worth the cost.

I'll be mostly away until the beginning of January, but I'll give your program a shot, though I'll need to gather some equipment first.

Just got a reply from Christian from my original question, here are the home gym items:

1. Exercise Bands – these may be purchased affordably from just about any athletic store. However, we highly recommend Bodylastics exercise bands, which come with a lifetime warranty and are highly portable for travel. These can be used instead of dumbbells for most moves, but we have some specificity movements we need them for.

2. Swiss Ball – also called a stability ball. 65cm is a good size to get. This can be deflated and brought along with you on trips.

3. Yoga Mat – nothing fancy here and something not too thick. The thicker the mat, the harder it is to maintain balance. This is for stretching and exercises performed on the ground.

4. Dumbbells - I prefer the hexagon ended dumbbells because they can be used for more complex movements in our advanced golfer workouts. A good range here is 10, 15, 20, 25 pounders for the 30 Yards in 30 Days workouts. You most likely have some already. Another option is the Bowflex Selectech dumbbells listed below.

5. Foam Roller (highly recommended)

Yeah, I'm usually put off by this style of internet marketing (I'm almost certain that Christian is working with a marketing firm as opposed to doing this himself). I think there are a lot of folks who have good info and products, but this approach turns off some prospective customers (alas, this approach does work on many, so the marketers keep using it).

I am interested in the program as I also need a general fitness program, and I am particularly interested in its applicability to seniors and near-seniors like me (I'm 55 years old).

In one case I'm glad I fought through the turn-off, as Don Trahan used to work with a marketing company like this when I found his info, and his approach to the golf swing has helped my game tremendously, not to mention my back (he now markets his stuff w/o a 3rd party marketing partner AFAIK).

Welcome to the forum Christian! Now lets see some workouts! How about starting with something focusing on lower back strength and flexibility, certainly a concern for almost every golfer I know, including myself.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Actually, I don't work for a marketing firm. This is my product I have built from the ground up.

I think WD will back me on this.

I do have a background in marketing though. :)

Chris

Yeah, I'm usually put off by this style of internet marketing (I'm almost certain that Christian is working with a marketing firm as opposed to doing this himself). I think there are a lot of folks who have good info and products, but this approach turns off some prospective customers (alas, this approach does work on many, so the marketers keep using it).

I am interested in the program as I also need a general fitness program, and I am particularly interested in its applicability to seniors and near-seniors like me (I'm 55 years old).

In one case I'm glad I fought through the turn-off, as Don Trahan used to work with a marketing company like this when I found his info, and his approach to the golf swing has helped my game tremendously, not to mention my back (he now markets his stuff w/o a 3rd party marketing partner AFAIK).

Follow me on Facebook

728x90-Banner.jpg

All of these comments are fantastic... what do you think I should clean up on that sales page to make it more appealing?

If it has testimonials from customers who have used the program would that help things?

Follow me on Facebook

728x90-Banner.jpg

Actually, I don't work for a marketing firm. This is my product I have built from the ground up.

I think WD will back me on this.

I do have a background in marketing though. :)

Chris

I think the implication was a marketing firm helped build your website.

Based on looking through the materials briefly, it is clear Christian is the author of all of it, and there is a lot of material. I'll look into it more closely after the new year when I get back home.

My initial impression of the website still stands though. I'll certainly report back on the material once I get started though, which is all that really matters in the end.

All of these comments are fantastic... what do you think I should clean up on that sales page to make it more appealing?

If it has testimonials from customers who have used the program would that help things?

Testimonials are fine, but I prefer a no-nonsense approach. I like the background story of yourself, but there's no need to imply everything else is wrong. Stick with why your stuff works without repeating yourself. Be as upfront as possible (i.e., state that a beginner who has never worked out may need to go through a beginner program before going to the advanced program).

The $486 price tag is a pet peeve too. You have a lot of material for $47 and the value and level of effort you put into your material is obviously there. I know other fitness programs are in the $100-$150 range, so if you must put a full value, compare your product to others and state why you think the value is what it is.

Just my two cents. In the end, the infomercial style always turns me off, but I'm sure everyone will have their own perspective and by no means do I have the background to state definitively that this is the right approach or not. You know that far better than I at this point.

I think the implication was a marketing firm helped build your website.

Correct.

Based on looking through the materials briefly, it is clear Christian is the author of all of it, and there is a lot of material.

Sorry; I did not mean to imply that Christian is not the author of the material.

WD,

Thank you so much. I've spoken to a few other clients as well and I'm going to redo the sales page and make it more of a website so you can see testimonials, workouts, and equipment needed.

This feedback is very important to me and I will improve the sales aspect of it all.

However, I stand behind my workouts... let me know if you have any questions concerning those as I am more than happy to help.

Follow me on Facebook

728x90-Banner.jpg

WD,

Thank you so much. I've spoken to a few other clients as well and I'm going to redo the sales page and make it more of a website so you can see testimonials, workouts, and equipment needed.

This feedback is very important to me and I will improve the sales aspect of it all.

However, I stand behind my workouts... let me know if you have any questions concerning those as I am more than happy to help.

Happy to provide feedback. Also, I see you're a MGS sponsor now, that definitely bumps you up in my book! Thanks for supporting this community.

By no means was I making any judgement about the workout yet though, that wouldn't be fair yet. I will certainly provide candid feedback though and questions if I have trouble with anything.

• 1 month later...

Wondering how our test group is going? I've not heard back from most who requested to take part?

C

Follow me on Facebook

728x90-Banner.jpg

Wondering how our test group is going? I've not heard back from most who requested to take part?

Thanks for bringing this thread up....I've been meaning to reply. I started this 2 weeks ago.....and.....I have come to realize I am much further out of shape than I thought.

So.....I really like how the program organizes the workouts in an easy to follow fashion. Now......since I am new to exercise routines......it is taking some time to learn all the exercises and stretches. After a couple weeks I am just now starting to know what the exercise on the list is without having to look up the description. But.....I like how the lists take you through the workout. I really enjoy the flexibility and mobility workouts and find myself doing those even on days I'm not supposed to. Anyway....so far.....so good! Our first rounds of golf up here are still 8-10 weeks out and I'm looking forward to them!!!

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

I was going to send you a PM Christian. I'm starting tomorrow so say a prayer for me. I've been studying these things since you resent the link about a week and a half ago.

I've been trying to watch my diet this past week to get ready.

Took my before picture when I got home from church this afternoon and weighed in - 196 - that's not the heaviest I've ever been but it's pushing it and it's up 10 pounds from last June.

So, away we go......... I'll check back with you in a few weeks - I'm thinking that my 30 days will be more like 45 because I'm going to have to take 6 weeks at the beginning levels as I learn the excercises.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Made it through the first day in one piece although I experienced what BK did - it's one thing to look at the workouts and read the binder its quite another thing to actually do them - I needed to keep refering back to the guide - I have little doubt that they'll become automatic with time which is exactly why Chris allots up to 6 weeks for the beginner portion of the program

My body is telling me today that I'm a beginner but I'm looking forward to my day 2 workout.

I do have a Weds issue in that there is no time for a workout in my schedule tomorrow - If Christian checks in here I'd like to know how to handle that. As a default it will have to be a rest day and I'll workout on Saturday instead.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Okay this is for real - My administrative assistant got it for me and she and my wife put the download that Christian sent into the binder with these neat little tabs.

I didn't think to ask her about the Yeti though. ;)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I'd love to hear how everyone else doing the test is coming along if only for encouragement. I started the diet portion of things two weeks ago and the workout this week. I realize that with my work and golf schedule I really have to consider thursday (today) my Monday and have tuesday/wedsday be my weekend. In season I always play on Tuesday and I don't have a moment to breath on Weds - I come in to work at 7:30 AM and regularly get home around 8:30 PM sometimes later - there's not much breathing time inbetween either, certainly not time for a workout.

I'm happy to say that with the combo of workout started and more importantly diet I've dropped 6 lbs in two weeks. I'd truly like to loose another 15 and then see where I'm at. I'd have the 20 that my doctor wanted at that point. For now it's nice to have my clothes fitting a bit better again and to feel soreness that's different from the old achy joints that are typically of inactivity.

I honestly think I'll gain distance from loosing weight before I get some distance from gaining strength and flexibility. We'll see though.

Please everyone else check in if you would.

And thanks for making us a part of this Christian!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Ok, I just started! I've been for the past two weeks and I can finally show my face now that I'm fulfilling my commitment :).

First, I wanted to mention how much space I needed in my initial workout, which included the warmup routine, Beginner Workout A, and the foam roller routines. I did all this in a space measuring roughly 10' x 5' x 7.5'. It's in my living room behind the couch where I can still see the TV. Not that I watched it because I was constantly checking what I was supposed to do. Plus, all I'm using is a yoga mat, ellastic bands, a stability ball, and a foam roller, so the equipment needed is very minimal.

My next impression is the Beginner workouts are really good for me. I can definitely feel it, but I doubt I'll wake up tomorrow unable to move. I'm probably going to keep it up for a full 4 weeks. Right now, clearly my strength, stability, and flexibility suck. I couldn't for the life of me stay balanced on the stability ball on my knees with my arms in the air.

The golf aspect of it is pretty obvious. The movements you do are similar to a golf swing and focus on core muscles, though the arms do get a workout too. Mostly it's legs and torso though.

Anyway, I'm very excited to keep going and look good at the beach this summer and outdrive everyone I know (hopefully). We'll see. I think what's going to be hardest for me is watching what I eat and remembering to drink those whey protein shakes that I just now remembered about..whoops.

More to come!

I'm not doing the whey protein shakes yet WD - I'm easing into this.

I totally agree with you that you can tell how these excercises are golf specific - I feel it exactly where I should and in some cases where I know I'm not strong enough to make the moves that would give me more clubhead speed.

I've lost 7 pounds the last two weeks just watching what I eat, cutting out beer (and really almost all alcohol) and drinking a lot more water.

I intend to stick with the beginner stuff for 6 weeks and then move it up a notch because I am that out of shape, Chris said to go slow and what the heck I'm trying to develope a good habit for a lifetime not run a sprint.

Imagine doing the mobility and flexibility workout, walking the dog and then walking and playing 9 - that's what I did yesterday - I was a bit tired the last couple of holes.

Good luck WD and please keep posting on your progress - I didn't like this being a monologue.

Oh and wait until you try those Sergio Garcia's in a couple of days - I still can't believe I can actually do them without killing myself - my kid loved it! (I'll have him check me out vs. the pictures to make sure I'm in the right positions.)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

WD, where do I find the program. Christian sent me an introductory PM telling me that I was a participant and then I was in the hospital & all of that through the begining of the year, then my radiation. Well, I'd like to get started and I PM'd Christian last week and haven't had a response, so where did you get the program? I accidenlty deleted Christian's PM, os I have no idea where to go.

Thanx much

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

Sorry Richard I thought you were being silly about the binder thing not that you hadn't gotten the stuff that Christian sent. Just PM him again - he had to send it to me three times before I could finally access it and there was a time lag between my PM's and his responses - he stays busy but he's come through and gotten back to me every time. You need him to send the link though. Once you download it I suggest printing it off and putting it in a nice binder.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I'm not doing the whey protein shakes yet WD - I'm easing into this.

I totally agree with you that you can tell how these excercises are golf specific - I feel it exactly where I should and in some cases where I know I'm not strong enough to make the moves that would give me more clubhead speed.

I've lost 7 pounds the last two weeks just watching what I eat, cutting out beer (and really almost all alcohol) and drinking a lot more water.

I intend to stick with the beginner stuff for 6 weeks and then move it up a notch because I am that out of shape, Chris said to go slow and what the heck I'm trying to develope a good habit for a lifetime not run a sprint.

Imagine doing the mobility and flexibility workout, walking the dog and then walking and playing 9 - that's what I did yesterday - I was a bit tired the last couple of holes.

Good luck WD and please keep posting on your progress - I didn't like this being a monologue.

Oh and wait until you try those Sergio Garcia's in a couple of days - I still can't believe I can actually do them without killing myself - my kid loved it! (I'll have him check me out vs. the pictures to make sure I'm in the right positions.)

I'll definitely keep posting. This is one of those things I really want to keep up, so doing it publicly is a bit of motivation anyone who reads this will know if I don't :).

So I'm posting this in here because I never got a response from Christian in the private messaging, so I gave up (I hate quitting) and moved on to another workout in the meanwhile. I couldn't figure some things out and have been a part of other DVD workout program groups, where the response is quick from the staff. I understand this is probably on a smaller scale right now but I would hope the follow up wouldn't take a month. I sent this back on Jan 1st, if Christian can't help maybe y'all can cause I wanna kick some butt when you guys get up here in June!

Hi Chris just need some clarification on your Wrist Rotations. The pictures don't seem to match your instructions. Am I just lowering the braced arm and just rotating my wrist forward and backwards? Or what do you mean by "slowly rotate the wrist to the other side", other side of my body or just rotate my wrist back and forth? Just want to make sure I'm doing this right. Doesn't seem right to bring my arm to the other side of my body.Silly little thing but best to make sure I'm doing it right.Thanks!

I've had that confusion too but I'm interpreting it to mean rotate the wrist side to side in place not side to side as in from one side of the body to the other - that doesn't make sense to me.

Weighed in yesterday and am now down 9 lbs since I started. This weekend is going to mess me up though because I'm going out of town to do my niece's wedding. That's a part of why I decided to allow 6 weeks for the beginner workouts though.

I'm also in what I'd call the danger zone. I've lost 6 to 10 pounds several times over the past 5 years and actually lost 19 10 years ago when our entire staff did weight watchers (I was the biggest looser.) Once I get below 190 I feel really good, the clothes fit better and I give up - after three or four months the weight is back and I diet/excercise again. Net result is I do about two cycles of this a year fluctuating 6 to 10 pounds in weight - it's not good.

My hope and prayer is that I keep going, that the healthier eating becomes a habit, that the excercise becomes a habit (it hasn't been for 12 years or since I moved from a small parish to large parishes) for the rest of my life. I feel so much better already although I do still have some aches and pains that I didn't have before. I can already tell that my balance is better in my swing - I'm able to keep my weight on the insides of my feet instead of letting it get to the outside of the foot and when I can do that I strike the ball really well. As I get stronger I should be be able to maintain those balance points with greater clubhead speed which will in turn create more distance.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Sound advice from my friend Richard. I 'religiously' follow that 24 hour rule and like him have numerous emails, calls, inquiries to answer. Even if it's a call from my administrative assistant that says - "Pastor is busy with a man who's dying or out of town and will get back to you as soon as he returns." or an office assistant on the email that says - I'm away - I deligently try and get back to people within 24 hours.

It's a simple thing but it sets you apart and it's what the people who called or emailed or dropped by deserve.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Archived