Mrs.Manbearpig

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC
  • Handicap:30

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:46 AM

So I'm posting this in here because I never got a response from Christian in the private messaging, so I gave up (I hate quitting) and moved on to another workout in the meanwhile. I couldn't figure some things out and have been a part of other DVD workout program groups, where the response is quick from the staff. I understand this is probably on a smaller scale right now but I would hope the follow up wouldn't take a month. I sent this back on Jan 1st, if Christian can't help maybe y'all can cause I wanna kick some butt when you guys get up here in June!

Hi Chris just need some clarification on your Wrist Rotations. The pictures don't seem to match your instructions. Am I just lowering the braced arm and just rotating my wrist forward and backwards? Or what do you mean by "slowly rotate the wrist to the other side", other side of my body or just rotate my wrist back and forth? Just want to make sure I'm doing this right. Doesn't seem right to bring my arm to the other side of my body.Silly little thing but best to make sure I'm doing it right.Thanks!

#32 revkev

revkev

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members

• 3,622 posts
  • LocationSt Petersburg FL
  • Handicap:3

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

I've had that confusion too but I'm interpreting it to mean rotate the wrist side to side in place not side to side as in from one side of the body to the other - that doesn't make sense to me.

Weighed in yesterday and am now down 9 lbs since I started. This weekend is going to mess me up though because I'm going out of town to do my niece's wedding. That's a part of why I decided to allow 6 weeks for the beginner workouts though.

I'm also in what I'd call the danger zone. I've lost 6 to 10 pounds several times over the past 5 years and actually lost 19 10 years ago when our entire staff did weight watchers (I was the biggest looser.) Once I get below 190 I feel really good, the clothes fit better and I give up - after three or four months the weight is back and I diet/excercise again. Net result is I do about two cycles of this a year fluctuating 6 to 10 pounds in weight - it's not good.

My hope and prayer is that I keep going, that the healthier eating becomes a habit, that the excercise becomes a habit (it hasn't been for 12 years or since I moved from a small parish to large parishes) for the rest of my life. I feel so much better already although I do still have some aches and pains that I didn't have before. I can already tell that my balance is better in my swing - I'm able to keep my weight on the insides of my feet instead of letting it get to the outside of the foot and when I can do that I strike the ball really well. As I get stronger I should be be able to maintain those balance points with greater clubhead speed which will in turn create more distance.
Driver TMag SLDR 12 DegreeFairway woods Callaway xHot extremes Hybrid Adams V4 23 Irons Wilson C 100 matrix studio 6.1 5-PWWedges SCOR 48, 53, 60 Genius graphite wedge lies are 2 degrees flat, irons 1.5 degrees shafts 1/2" over standardPutter Never Comprimise Vodoo Daddy 32.5"Bag. Nike Cart my best ever!Ball Bridgestone B330 RX

#33 R.P. Jacobs II

R.P. Jacobs II

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Members

• 7,045 posts
  • LocationThe Burgh
  • Handicap:2

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

So I'm posting this in here because I never got a response from Christian in the private messaging, so I gave up (I hate quitting) and moved on to another workout in the meanwhile. I couldn't figure some things out and have been a part of other DVD workout program groups, where the response is quick from the staff. I understand this is probably on a smaller scale right now but I would hope the follow up wouldn't take a month. I sent this back on Jan 1st, if Christian can't help maybe y'all can cause I wanna kick some butt when you guys get up here in June!

I too have not recieved a response. It seems that I get daily unsolicited marketing spiels about "fitness mixes" & "distances cocktails," yet I canot get a response regarding the 30 day/30 yards program.

I nomally don't give unsolicited advice, though I'm gonna break habit here and just say five words- the "twenty-four hour rule." A retired Chairman/CEO from Westinghouse Corporation who gave me three "rules" to follow for as long as I was in business. The 24-hour rule was #2. Simple-Respond to ALL messages, regardless of medium, within 24 hours, even if it means having an assistant respond for you to give the recipient a time that you yourself will respond. No excuses.

Because you know as a trainer, that once someone breaks routine, it just becomes easier to justify, rationalize and make excuses for not keeping the discipline neccessary to complete the work-out. Same with the 24-hour.

If someone takes their time to write, call or contact me, the least that I can do is respect their time and return their communications. I respond to over 50 e-mails, texts & phone calls daily, so please spare me on how busy that you are.

Forget about me, though in picking us for this program, there came an obligation on your part. And in Nidine, you had an excited, enthusiastic and sweet person who just needed probably a few minutes of your time. Obviously more than you care to give. It's a shame.

But remember one thing, and while you may not agree, programs like yours are a dime a dozen, just like drivers, irons & putters. There are a lot out there and most work just fine. What seperates companies like yours from the others are the people, and the man/woman at the top.

There is no substitute for manners, etiquette & class.

And there is never an excuse for a lack there of

Just a thought

My Best,
Richard

Fairways & Greens 4ever
:mizuno-small:

What's Inside My Sun Mountain H2N0 Stand Bag:

-TMaG RBZ ST 2 Tour(Breast Cancer Pink Head by WalkerJames) 10.5*, Graphite Design Tour AD 9003 S(74gr)

-Adams Speedline XTD Super LS VST 3FM(Breast Cancer Fill) 15*, RT Tech Midas S(88gr)

-Adams Idea XTD Super LS VST Hybrid 19*, Fubuki AX 350

-Mizzy MP-68(4i-8i),TT DG TI S400, +1/2", +2*

-SCOR 43*,47*,51*,55*,59*, Genious 12 Firm +,  +1/2"

-Scotty Studio Select Fastback Custom 1.5, 35", 350gr HW(Not from the shop, notta Tour Issue/Circle T, just a poor ass retail model B))-Breast Cancer Fill

-Golf Pride Decade Multi-Compound Cord, Mizzy Blue/Black

-Stones Tour B330-S

-Shoes: A bunch, depends on my slacks, lol

I Am A Very Kind, Compassionate & Understanding Man......

Until It Is Time To Cease Being Kind, Compassionate & Understanding....

RP Jacobs II

#34 revkev

revkev

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members

• 3,622 posts
  • LocationSt Petersburg FL
  • Handicap:3

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Sound advice from my friend Richard. I 'religiously' follow that 24 hour rule and like him have numerous emails, calls, inquiries to answer. Even if it's a call from my administrative assistant that says - "Pastor is busy with a man who's dying or out of town and will get back to you as soon as he returns." or an office assistant on the email that says - I'm away - I deligently try and get back to people within 24 hours.

It's a simple thing but it sets you apart and it's what the people who called or emailed or dropped by deserve.
Driver TMag SLDR 12 DegreeFairway woods Callaway xHot extremes Hybrid Adams V4 23 Irons Wilson C 100 matrix studio 6.1 5-PWWedges SCOR 48, 53, 60 Genius graphite wedge lies are 2 degrees flat, irons 1.5 degrees shafts 1/2" over standardPutter Never Comprimise Vodoo Daddy 32.5"Bag. Nike Cart my best ever!Ball Bridgestone B330 RX

#35 GolfSpy WD

GolfSpy WD

AGENT NAME: FT.WORTH

• Members

• 4,238 posts
  • LocationLobstah

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

Just wanted to bump this and say I've been going through the program. Due to work, I've had to stop off an on, but I'm at the point of going from the beginner stuff to the advanced workouts. For those of us who never worked out, the beginner stuff does kick your ass, but over time it's gotten much easier.

I can't say much about distance gains yet because I want to see the final results, but I will say I have been hitting the ball farther than ever before. Part of that was some serious swing mechanics I had been working on though, such as a really delayed release and initiating the swing with my lower body.

The other thing is I'm a big disappointed Christian disappeared from these forums, but since he is/was a forum sponsor, I will do a full writeup once I get four weeks into the advanced program. The only issue I've had otherwise is you definitely need free weights for this program, and I went and bought the bowflex adjustable dumbbells for $300. Really though, they were a great purchase, so I don't mind too much.

#36 fsav

fsav

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationPhila. PA
  • Handicap:2.8

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

HI all,

sorry I missed this completely. I was one of the lucky ones to get this workout and haven't contacted christian about the exercises I had issues with rather just googled them and found out what I needed. Customer service is a pet peeve so that sucks if no response is being given. Haven't come close to a full review since I have been out on IR after surgery but plan on completeing this throughout the season. I have to say though, not much distance gained in the couple weeks I have gone through this program. there are some tough workouts even in the beginner section but nothing a determined person should be able to muscle through.

AS for the wrist rotations i took them as this.
1. hands with finger tips touching with palm facing sternum
2. rotate down and out to the right as if you have a limp wrist
3. rotate to palms up and out in front of the body. fingers to sky as if pushing someone away from you
4. back to starting position

this will make the wrist rotate in a full circle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Recent Topics

Recent Topics

Our Sponsors