MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN
  • Handicap:12

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

farmers-insurance-open.png

This is the 61st year a PGA TOUR event has been held in San Diego, beginning with the San Diego Open in 1952. For 51 straight years, the Century Club of San Diego has been the local non-profit organization for the tournament. 2013 also marks the 46th time the event is being held at Torrey Pines Golf Course and the fourth year of Farmers Insurance sponsorship of the tournament.

2013 Tournament Field

This year will feature a field of 156 players. Each player will be playing one round on the Torrey Pines' South and North Courses on Thursday and Friday. After Friday’s round, the field will be cut to the lowest 70 scores and ties. The final two rounds will be played on the South Course on Saturday and Sunday.

2013 Tournament Purse is $6.1 Million

The 2013 Farmers Insurance Open will feature a purse of $6.1 million in prize money. First place money will be $1,098,000. In comparison, when the tournament was moved to Torrey Pines in 1968, the purse was $150,000 and Tom Weiskopf took home the winner’s check of $30,000.

2012 Farmers Insurance Open Champion

Brandt Snedeker captured the 2012 Farmers Insurance Open with a two-hole playoff victory over Kyle Stanley. Snedeker made a par 3 on the 16th hole and Stanley made bogey for the win. Brandt Snedeker, along with Farmers Insurance Open champions Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, and Bubba Watson represented the U.S. on the Ryder Cup team.

*Source: FIO Media Guide
Posted Image

#2 SPY ZINGER

SPY ZINGER

MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Interested to hear, and I know Golfspy_Matt is especially concerned, how the Phil circus plays out this week. At least he'll probably be sleeping in his own bed this week, which should count for something. Not Matt, Phil.
Posted Image

#3 R.P. Jacobs II

R.P. Jacobs II

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Members

• 7,045 posts
  • LocationThe Burgh
  • Handicap:2

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

Zinger, I'm glad that you've taken the baton & will be postin the upcoming Tour thread. That's great :)

Rick & I sorta alternated doin it last season, though it's nice to know that it's gonna be here & you are much more accomplished with the graphics and all than I(Hell, it took me 2+ years to figure out what an avatar is & how to post one ;)).

Regarding Phil, all he has to do is move next door(Nevada, no State Income Tax or AZ, which is reaonable). FLA would not be good for his psoriatic artritic condition. My grandparents had to move from FLA to AZ because the humidity in FLA made it very unpleasant for my grandmother, who had the condition.

Fairways & Greens 4ever
:mizuno-small:

What's Inside My Sun Mountain H2N0 Stand Bag:

-TMaG RBZ ST 2 Tour(Breast Cancer Pink Head by WalkerJames) 10.5*, Graphite Design Tour AD 9003 S(74gr)

-Adams Speedline XTD Super LS VST 3FM(Breast Cancer Fill) 15*, RT Tech Midas S(88gr)

-Adams Idea XTD Super LS VST Hybrid 19*, Fubuki AX 350

-Mizzy MP-68(4i-8i),TT DG TI S400, +1/2", +2*

-SCOR 43*,47*,51*,55*,59*, Genious 12 Firm +,  +1/2"

-Scotty Studio Select Fastback Custom 1.5, 35", 350gr HW(Not from the shop, notta Tour Issue/Circle T, just a poor ass retail model B))-Breast Cancer Fill

-Golf Pride Decade Multi-Compound Cord, Mizzy Blue/Black

-Stones Tour B330-S

-Shoes: A bunch, depends on my slacks, lol

I Am A Very Kind, Compassionate & Understanding Man......

Until It Is Time To Cease Being Kind, Compassionate & Understanding....

RP Jacobs II

#4 SPY ZINGER

SPY ZINGER

MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

My apologizes if you guys have already done this in the past...I didn't see any going at the start of the year and enjoy reading real time discussions on the tournaments. Hope you don't mind! I'll try to keep em current and post the winning witb in them too.

Good points on Phil but I've got a feeling there is going to be some more 'Phil' to the story.
Posted Image

#5 SPY ZINGER

SPY ZINGER

MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Looks like Puma's ready for Torrey!
image.jpg
Posted Image

#6 Super Tuna

Super Tuna

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,581 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

What's with the split the rounds across the courses for Thurs/Fri but then not for Sat/Sun?

Maybe I'm weird, but it seems like it would make more sense to either stay on one course for all 4 rounds, or go 2/2 if you want to split them up.

Plus wouldn't it add a touch more drama to the final round? Instead of knowing where to miss since you just played it yesterday, you now have to play like the rest of us, where the sneaky green's keeper might have made slight changes while you're away.
I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

#7 RoverRick

RoverRick

• Members

• 5,213 posts
  • LocationNortheast Texas

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

My apologizes if you guys have already done this in the past...I didn't see any going at the start of the year and enjoy reading real time discussions on the tournaments. Hope you don't mind! I'll try to keep em current and post the winning witb in them too.

Good points on Phil but I've got a feeling there is going to be some more 'Phil' to the story.

No apologies necessary, if we did it it was because no one else had started the topic. I am happy to participate in any ones topic. I just want to talk golf.

#8 RoverRick

RoverRick

• Members

• 5,213 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

What's with the split the rounds across the courses for Thurs/Fri but then not for Sat/Sun?

Maybe I'm weird, but it seems like it would make more sense to either stay on one course for all 4 rounds, or go 2/2 if you want to split them up.

Plus wouldn't it add a touch more drama to the final round? Instead of knowing where to miss since you just played it yesterday, you now have to play like the rest of us, where the sneaky green's keeper might have made slight changes while you're away.

They will each get to play the North Course once on either Thursday or Friday before the cut. With 156 players in the field it very crowded when they all play one course so playing two courses is common. The Byron Nelson which I have gone to many times is played on two courses. I think the players like that type of set up also because it speed up play.

#9 R.P. Jacobs II

R.P. Jacobs II

• Members

• 7,045 posts
  • LocationThe Burgh

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Yea, no apologies needed. As long as someone does it. I'd check out the Pro's WITB thread though cuz TW's been postin the winner's bag for quite a while.

He does a real nice job of gettin it up.

No need bein redundant :)

Fairways & Greens 4ever

What's Inside My Sun Mountain H2N0 Stand Bag:

-TMaG RBZ ST 2 Tour(Breast Cancer Pink Head by WalkerJames) 10.5*, Graphite Design Tour AD 9003 S(74gr)

-Adams Speedline XTD Super LS VST 3FM(Breast Cancer Fill) 15*, RT Tech Midas S(88gr)

-Adams Idea XTD Super LS VST Hybrid 19*, Fubuki AX 350

-Mizzy MP-68(4i-8i),TT DG TI S400, +1/2", +2*

-SCOR 43*,47*,51*,55*,59*, Genious 12 Firm +,  +1/2"

-Scotty Studio Select Fastback Custom 1.5, 35", 350gr HW(Not from the shop, notta Tour Issue/Circle T, just a poor ass retail model B))-Breast Cancer Fill

-Golf Pride Decade Multi-Compound Cord, Mizzy Blue/Black

-Stones Tour B330-S

-Shoes: A bunch, depends on my slacks, lol

I Am A Very Kind, Compassionate & Understanding Man......

Until It Is Time To Cease Being Kind, Compassionate & Understanding....

RP Jacobs II

#10 SPY ZINGER

SPY ZINGER

MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Yea, no apologies needed. As long as someone does it. I'd check out the Pro's WITB thread though cuz TW's been postin the winner's bag for quite a while.

He does a real nice job of gettin it up.

No need bein redundant :)

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Perfect!
Posted Image

#11 RoverRick

RoverRick

• Members

• 5,213 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

I do not know, could you tell me what is in the winner's bag on Wednesday, at least the brand, so that I know who is going to win? There are like 6 guys I want to pick on the A List and none on the C List.:lol:

#12 RoverRick

RoverRick

• Members

• 5,213 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

At first I thought that it was raining and everyone was carrying umbrellas. But apparently those were shield to keep from getting hit by Phil Mickelson.

#13 SPY ZINGER

SPY ZINGER

MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

At first I thought that it was raining and everyone was carrying umbrellas. But apparently those were shield to keep from getting hit by Phil Mickelson.

Cut him some slack, if he won, he'd lose over 600K.
Posted Image

#14 RoverRick

RoverRick

• Members

• 5,213 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:20 AM

Cut him some slack, if he won, he'd lose over 600K.

That is true, so for every wayward shot he was actually making more money, and screwing the state of California.

#15 SPY ZINGER

SPY ZINGER

MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

That is true, so for every wayward shot he was actually making more money, and screwing the state of California.

Exactly.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      10 Sep
    hckymeyer

Played yesterday and it was 76 degrees w/ 5mph winds, today playing in 50 degrees w/ 15-20mph winds. Sometimes I hate MN

Show comments (1)
View All Updates

Our Sponsors