#16 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members

• 3,811 posts
  • LocationEuharlee, GA
  • Handicap:10

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

I'm actually going to order a few of the new Talamonti products as well to put through some testing. I've got a stockpile of PD models. Need to order another couple H100's as well to stock up on those. I'm a shaft ***** though (almost as much as I am putter and driver *****). I'm compiling a review right now of another shaft, matter of fact.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade SLDR 430 12* (w/ toe screw) w/ Project X Handcrafted LZ16 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade SLDR TS 13* with Aldila NV 75X
3 Hybrid: Adams Super LSP 18* (bent to 17*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams Super LSP 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
5-7I : Tour Issued Adams CB2 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour issue S400 hardstepped 1x
8-GW: Tour Issued Adams CB1 w/ Dynamic Gold S400 hardstepped 1x

SW: 56* Cleveland CG12 (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Cleveland CG12 (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
Putter: Mannkrafted Widebody Rattler 34", 71* lie, 4* loft

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

#17 barbajo

barbajo

AGENT NAME: PLANO

• Members

• 2,098 posts
  • LocationPrior Lake, MN
  • Handicap:8.4

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

I'm actually going to order a few of the new Talamonti products as well to put through some testing. I've got a stockpile of PD models. Need to order another couple H100's as well to stock up on those. I'm a shaft ***** though (almost as much as I am putter and driver *****). I'm compiling a review right now of another shaft, matter of fact.

Let me know if you have a PD-80 in stiff you'd like to make disappear...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :callaway-logo-1:    XHot Pro, 9.50, Aldila Tour Green shaft, stiff
FW Wood:  :callaway-logo-1:  XHot Pro 2 Deep, 12.50, Aldila Tour Green shaft, stiff

Hybrids:  :cobra-small: Baffler 170, 190 & 220, Graphite Design shafts, stiff
Irons:  :srixon-small: Z-TX 3-PW, KBS Tour shafts, stiff
Wedges:  Carnahan 520,   :titelist-small: Vokey SM5 560 
Putter:  Wilson Staff Special 1 Forged

#18 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

• Members

• 3,811 posts
  • LocationEuharlee, GA

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

All the ones I have are X flex

In The Bag
3 Hybrid: Adams Super LSP 18* (bent to 17*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams Super LSP 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

#19 Max F

Max F

SPY ANALYST

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

OK, so I was just getting acquainted with the Talamonti line up and getting close to trying one out. Then when I go back to the website there's a whole new line up of products that haven"t been reviewed here or anywhere else that I could find. They are more expensive, but I can't tell how they're different than the old line up or which shaft (from the old or new lines) would be best for me. More choices in high launch, lighter weight. But what else is different and what about feel?

Can anyone help? Thanks.

What's in the Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade SLDR 10.5 (set to 11), Speeder 57 Stiff, Black PURE DTX

Fairway: Adams Speedline Superfairway ti XTD 14.5, Fubuki AX65 Stiff, White PURE DTX

Hybrid: Adams XTD-ti 20, Matrix hQ3 Red Tie Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-GW, KBS Tour Stiff, 1* up, Blue PURE DTX

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T11, 56/13 & 60/5, DG Spinner, Blue PURE DTX

Putter: Bettinardi Studio Stock 15, 34" 2* flat, SuperStroke Slim LITE 3.0

or Ping Ketsch, 35" 2* flat, SuperStroke Mid-Slim 2.0 

Bag: Mizuno Aerolite SPR stand bag

Ball: Nike RZN Platinum (summer), Srixon Q-STAR Yellow (winter)

#20 barbajo

barbajo

• Members

• 2,098 posts
  • LocationPrior Lake, MN

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

OK, so I was just getting acquainted with the Talamonti line up and getting close to trying one out. Then when I go back to the website there's a whole new line up of products that haven"t been reviewed here or anywhere else that I could find. They are more expensive, but I can't tell how they're different than the old line up or which shaft (from the old or new lines) would be best for me. More choices in high launch, lighter weight. But what else is different and what about feel?

Can anyone help? Thanks.

I asked that question about the hybrid shafts on the Talamonti Facebook page (great place to ask questions - they give you answers quickly!). Here's what they replied:

Different materials, an even smoother bend profile, and a bit more tip stability in the HTS. The HTS models will not be available to ship though for about another 7-10 days.

I have found - after being encouraged by RoverRick - to ask questions directly to Phil Talamonti, which you can do on the Facebook page or via their website - and he'll get back to you asap. He emailed my back twice on a Sunday night. Now that's customer service!!

What's in the bag:

FW Wood:  :callaway-logo-1:  XHot Pro 2 Deep, 12.50, Aldila Tour Green shaft, stiff

#21 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

• Members

• 3,811 posts
  • LocationEuharlee, GA

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:55 AM

Phil's a great guy, and as knowledgable as they come. His product is fantastic as well. Shoot him a message and he'll get back with you quickly. I'll also see if I can give him a nudge to come over and reply here as well.

In The Bag

#22 ptalamonti

ptalamonti

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:02 AM

Phil's a great guy, and as knowledgable as they come. His product is fantastic as well. Shoot him a message and he'll get back with you quickly. I'll also see if I can give him a nudge to come over and reply here as well.

Hey Guys,

Thought I'd jump on for a moment at Rookie's invitation. Yes, many new models in the lineup. While the PD's and H-Series Hybrid shafts are great, it was my aim to step up and create some new models that are truly top of the food chain. The new shafts are much more expensive to produce and have been in development for over 12 months. The results I've been able to achieve with players has been nothing short of incredible. And the number of bases we now cover with the line in terms of models ideally suited to various player types is extremely comprehensive. As for shaft reviews, there are a couple out there, but more are being written. In fact the boys here at MGS are presently reviewing / testing some of the shafts for the purpose of posting a review. As always, I appreciate the support and thanks for the interest in my shafts!

#23 barbajo

barbajo

• Members

• 2,098 posts
  • LocationPrior Lake, MN

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

Hey Guys,

Thought I'd jump on for a moment at Rookie's invitation. Yes, many new models in the lineup. While the PD's and H-Series Hybrid shafts are great, it was my aim to step up and create some new models that are truly top of the food chain. The new shafts are much more expensive to produce and have been in development for over 12 months. The results I've been able to achieve with players has been nothing short of incredible. And the number of bases we now cover with the line in terms of models ideally suited to various player types is extremely comprehensive. As for shaft reviews, there are a couple out there, but more are being written. In fact the boys here at MGS are presently reviewing / testing some of the shafts for the purpose of posting a review. As always, I appreciate the support and thanks for the interest in my shafts!

Thanks for chiming in, Phil - and thanks for making some awesome shafts. You have a convert in me and I love telling folks about my PD-70. And the H-100's will get their first on-course experience at the end of the month!

What's in the bag:

#24 GolfSpy WD

GolfSpy WD

MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• Moderators

• 4,229 posts
  • LocationLobstah

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

Hey Guys,

Looking forward to the review Phil and thanks for stopping by.

I have two questions if it's ok:

Any word on your shafts getting into the Titleist custom fitting department now that they've been approved for tour? I ask on the off chance of being able to try your shafts in person someday.

My other question is do you know of any fitters in the Boston, MA area (north of Boston specifically) that stock your shafts?

thanks,

#25 Max F

Max F

SPY ANALYST

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

Thank you, Barbajo, RookieBlue7, and last, but not least, Phil, for the responses. I don't use Facebook so I really appreciate the help in getting some info posted to this site.

That's why this is the best golf forum on the web. Great sense of community + best source of equipment information.

You guys rock!

Max

What's in the Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade SLDR 10.5 (set to 11), Speeder 57 Stiff, Black PURE DTX

Fairway: Adams Speedline Superfairway ti XTD 14.5, Fubuki AX65 Stiff, White PURE DTX

Hybrid: Adams XTD-ti 20, Matrix hQ3 Red Tie Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-GW, KBS Tour Stiff, 1* up, Blue PURE DTX

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T11, 56/13 & 60/5, DG Spinner, Blue PURE DTX

Putter: Bettinardi Studio Stock 15, 34" 2* flat, SuperStroke Slim LITE 3.0

or Ping Ketsch, 35" 2* flat, SuperStroke Mid-Slim 2.0 

Bag: Mizuno Aerolite SPR stand bag

Ball: Nike RZN Platinum (summer), Srixon Q-STAR Yellow (winter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      08 Aug
    HackHawk

Why do manufacturers put an iron equivalent on hybrids when the distances seem so much greater than irons. Surely it'd be better to just give lofts. Incidentally, perhaps irons should have degrees of loft on them instead of numbers too!

Show comments (2)
View All Updates

Recent Topics

Recent Topics

Our Sponsors