#76 revkev

revkev

AGENT NAME: PLANO

• Members

• 2,638 posts
  • LocationSt Petersburg FL
  • Handicap:3

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

JBones have you had a chance to play with your new driver or at least to hit it and if so how is it comparing to when you tested it. We recently had that blog out front that suggested that tolerances on drivers aren't what we'd like them to be. Just wondering if you think you got what you ordered.
Driver TMag SLDR 12 R Wood
Adams F11 3w, 5w Excaliber R flex
Hybrids Adams V4 23,26 Aldila RIP R
Irons Ping i20s 5-U. Nippon R flex
SCOR 55,60 KBS Genius 10. Iron lies are 2 degrees flat grips standard. Putter Never Comprimise Vodoo Daddy
Balls Bridgestone 330 tour, 330 RX! Taylor Made Lethal
Shoes Adidas adicross
Bag Nike Cart

#77 JBones

JBones

• Members

• 2,785 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Handicap:3.5

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

JBones have you had a chance to play with your new driver or at least to hit it and if so how is it comparing to when you tested it. We recently had that blog out front that suggested that tolerances on drivers aren't what we'd like them to be. Just wondering if you think you got what you ordered.

I haven't got my Fuji shaft yet, but even with the stock shaft it exceeded my expectations. I've had it on the course once and just flat striped it; hit 11/13 fairways at an average of 297.4yds (GPS measured). The two fairways that I missed were due to overcooking a draw into a fairway bunker and hitting through the fairway on a dogleg.

When I get the new shaft I should be able to add loft and cut even a little more spin, leading to longer carry and roll.........I'm hoping anyway. We'll see, but so far so good.

I haven't had the head lofted or anything, so I can't speak to tolerances in the actual head. He did frequency the three stock shafts, so he could give me the stiffest and they varied quite a bit, from a soft Stiff to a firm Stiff (which is the one I got).
Posted Image

#78 SoonerChris

SoonerChris

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

I haven't got my Fuji shaft yet, but even with the stock shaft it exceeded my expectations. I've had it on the course once and just flat striped it; hit 11/13 fairways at an average of 297.4yds (GPS measured). The two fairways that I missed were due to overcooking a draw into a fairway bunker and hitting through the fairway on a dogleg.

When I get the new shaft I should be able to add loft and cut even a little more spin, leading to longer carry and roll.........I'm hoping anyway. We'll see, but so far so good.

I haven't had the head lofted or anything, so I can't speak to tolerances in the actual head. He did frequency the three stock shafts, so he could give me the stiffest and they varied quite a bit, from a soft Stiff to a firm Stiff (which is the one I got).

You are going to love the Fuji shaft. It's exactly what I got in my 913D3 albeit in S. I'm hitting flat, low spin bullets...

#79 JBones

JBones

• Members

• 2,785 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

You are going to love the Fuji shaft. It's exactly what I got in my 913D3 albeit in S. I'm hitting flat, low spin bullets...

I've hit the R1 with the Fuji on the LM, but we didn't tinker with the head, just left it at 8.75* neutral and I was hitting low bullets, so I'm going to hit again on the LM to get the optimal setup, once I get the shaft.
Posted Image

#80 JBones

JBones

• Members

• 2,785 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

My Speeder Tour Spec has shipped and I should have it sometime this week. Once I get it put together, I'll get up some pics.

On to the results. I played my 2nd round with the R1 and had amazing results again; I only hit 5/10 fairways, but it was due to smashing it through fairways and I was even taking more aggressive lines that what I did with my old set up. I average 303.3 on the day (GPS measured).

Stats so far.
Fariways - 16/23 (70%)
Avg Dist - 300.3
Posted Image

#81 Mr_Theoo

Mr_Theoo

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,560 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

My Speeder Tour Spec has shipped and I should have it sometime this week. Once I get it put together, I'll get up some pics.

On to the results. I played my 2nd round with the R1 and had amazing results again; I only hit 5/10 fairways, but it was due to smashing it through fairways and I was even taking more aggressive lines that what I did with my old set up. I average 303.3 on the day (GPS measured).

Stats so far.
Fariways - 16/23 (70%)
Avg Dist - 300.3

are you going to install a separate tip so you can compare the stock aganist the speeder?

Driver:  :taylormade-small: SLDR 12° w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7X- XS 45 in

3 Metal:  :taylormade-small: SLDR TS w/ Stock shaft
Hybrid:  :ping-small: G25 18° 3 iron w/ KBS C-Taper- STIFF 
Irons:  :adams-small: MB2 w/ KBS C-Taper(Vibrant Golf Blue Coating)- STIFF

Wedges:  :nike-small: VR ProII 52°, 56°, 60° w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:  :taylormade-small: Spider Blade 35 in

Irons are STANDARD Length, Loft, Lie

#82 JBones

JBones

• Members

• 2,785 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

are you going to install a separate tip so you can compare the stock aganist the speeder?

Yes, sir. Hopefully will have time to test that this week.
Posted Image

#83 Mr_Theoo

Mr_Theoo

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,560 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

Yes, sir. Hopefully will have time to test that this week.

Awesome! Can't wait to hear how it goes

Driver:  :taylormade-small: SLDR 12° w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7X- XS 45 in

3 Metal:  :taylormade-small: SLDR TS w/ Stock shaft
Hybrid:  :ping-small: G25 18° 3 iron w/ KBS C-Taper- STIFF 
Irons:  :adams-small: MB2 w/ KBS C-Taper(Vibrant Golf Blue Coating)- STIFF

Wedges:  :nike-small: VR ProII 52°, 56°, 60° w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:  :taylormade-small: Spider Blade 35 in

Irons are STANDARD Length, Loft, Lie

#84 JBones

JBones

• Members

• 2,785 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:19 AM

Finally got the Speeder Tour Spec in the R1. Will get up some pics next time I pull out my laptop.

I've had one range session and was hitting it long and straight. I'm playing tomorrow and will get some GPS distance.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      13 Apr
    jfurr

Wanting to play golf this weekend... none of my golf pals are available and plus the local rates are jacked up high for Masters week... Guess I'll be lounging on the couch watching Masters Sunday instead :)

View All Updates

Our Sponsors