#46 barbajo

barbajo

AGENT NAME: PLANO

• Members

• 2,146 posts
  • LocationPrior Lake, MN
  • Handicap:8.4

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

• Two sets of rules would force so called "serious" golfers to stop looking down their noses as the recreational guys trying to have fun (incidentally I've found that anybody who frequently uses the phrase "seriously golfer" is almost always a serious *******). You want to grow the game? Get rid of the arrogance.
  • The rules as written are impractical for weekend play. Return to the tee after a lost ball? At 10AM on a Saturday on a crowded Muni? No f'n chance. Let's make the stakes one color, stroke is enough of a penalty. The distance piece punishes everyone else on the course. It makes sense on tour, but not for most other situations.
  • Bifurcation already exists. I can't wear metal spikes. Pros can. I can wear shorts. They can't. I can take a cart. They can't. I can use a ragnefinder or GPS, they can't. PGA Pros have galleries and search parties - essentially a perpetual forecaddie to help them find the ball - the average guy gets to eat the stroke. That's hardly a just and equal application of the rules.There's a serious case of denial here.

These three bullets (plus that divot rule) should be written in petition form, circulated, signed and shipped to the powers that be at the USGA. Might want to leave the "serious *******" comment out - not sure how that would be received at HQ.Posted Image

We play a different game from the pros. If the standard of "what any reasonable man or woman would conclude" would apply - it's ridiculously obvious there are two completely different games here, and there should be two different sets of rules. Any USGA sanctioned event, pro or amateur, can use the "strict" rules, while the rest of us can play by the "regular" rules - like you say, we do anyway....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :callaway-logo-1:    XHot Pro, 9.50, Aldila Tour Green shaft, stiff
FW Wood:  :callaway-logo-1:  XHot Pro 2 Deep, 12.50, Aldila Tour Green shaft, stiff

Hybrids:  :cobra-small: Baffler 170, 190 & 220, Graphite Design shafts, stiff
Irons:  :srixon-small: Z-TX 3-PW, KBS Tour shafts, stiff
Wedges:  Carnahan 520,   :titelist-small: Vokey SM5 560 
Putter:  Wilson Staff Special 1 Forged

#47 SPY ZINGER

SPY ZINGER

MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN
  • Handicap:12

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:34 AM

Interesting interview with Taylor Made CEO, Mark King today from Orlando. King wants the golf industry to declare Jihad on the USGA and develop a new set of rules to grow the game. Sounds like they'll still manufacture long putters and he's not going to give up his own gamer either. From this interview, I left with the impression they may even start offering an entire non-conforming line. Started to sound a little bafoonish when he suggested players would snub USGA events in protest of the governing rules for these tournaments. Come on Mark-O you lost me there. The US Open? Have a read:

http://scoregolf.com.../taking-a-stand

Looks like The non-conforming line is on the horizon.

http://geareffectgol...ny-slope-clubs/

Callaway tried and failed with this years ago. Maybe TM can do it better? What wins on Sunday, sells Monday. Not sure what to think about this.

I mean, there are already non-conforming balls out that allow you to hit straight as an arrow or longer, and they aren't flying off store shelves.

Can TM market this right and turn it into sales? If any company can, it's them.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      10 Sep
    hckymeyer

Played yesterday and it was 76 degrees w/ 5mph winds, today playing in 50 degrees w/ 15-20mph winds. Sometimes I hate MN

Show comments (1)
View All Updates

Recent Topics

Recent Topics

Our Sponsors