TESTERS WANTED! ×

2013 Drivers

kygolfer1980

Being a big tall lefty has its disadvantages, and driver hitting is one of them, although recently it has gotten much better, when I go looking to hit drivers some places have a few drivers, and ones that have a selection usually only have them in R flex, and they only have a few of the major brands. It takes a while to really hit all of them to get a feel for which ones i like best, I went to a local demo days last year and got to hit Tour edge exotics avail. Only in 10.5. Adams speed line did not like it at all.

And then the Titleist 910 D3, which I really liked it had great sound and feel, the fitter was very helpful to try to find an appropriate shaft head combo, but didn't have the right setup that he would have liked to have me try. So when I look for a new driver probably next season, I will look into the 13 year model callaway razr xtreme, and the titelist 913d3. If I shop next year for the 13 year model I an usually find a really good used for abut 199, or might even find brand new for around 250. Not sure since I always replace the shaft.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a Titleist guy when it comes to drivers. I've played the 910 D3 for the last two years. I love it. I tried the 913 D3 just for s**ts and giggles. I ended up taking it home. I have the Aldila RIP Alpha in the 910. I went with the Phenom in the 913. It felt great, but we will see if I like it as well as the Alpha.

I'm a Titleist guy when it comes to drivers. I've played the 910 D3 for the last two years. I love it. I tried the 913 D3 just for s**ts and giggles. I ended up taking it home. I have the Aldila RIP Alpha in the 910. I went with the Phenom in the 913. It felt great, but we will see if I like it as well as the Alpha.

I put the Alpha in my 913D3 and it's a great combo for me!

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

I don't think anyone makes a better looking club the Titleist, just classy. Unfortunately, it didn't perform for myself like the R1 did.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I don't think anyone makes a better looking club the Titleist, just classy. Unfortunately, it didn't perform for myself like the R1 did.

I'm on the same page with you. I am currently gaming RAZR FIT with Speeder VC 6.1 but something triggered me to look for the "NEW" club. When I went to local shops and tried every clubs you can imagine over last month, I came to a conclusion as follows.

RAZR FIT XTREME = R1 > RBZ RCTBLZ stage 2 = Cleveland XL Custom > AMP CELL = AMP CELL PRO> PING i20 = PING G25 > 913D3 > 913D2 > Nike COVERT

Just to be fair, this is my PERSONAL experience. Don't want to down-talk one to the other but as you can probably see I was very surprised by TM's performance (I am NOT a TM guy at all). I was also surprised by poor performance of 913 where I had great experience with 910D2.

Callaway and Cleveland performed well due to their great available-shaft selection (I especially like Black Tie).

However even with made-for shaft on TM drivers, I was very very impressed with their overall performance. Regular R1 with TP shaft (extra $100 upgrade) was an amazing experience.

But at the end, I decided to stay with my current driver yet changed wood and hybrid. blah blah blah

sorry for mumbling on your thread. I just wanted to share my thoughts and experience.~

Salute~

Driver: Callaway RAZR FIT 9.5 with Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 Stiff

Wood: Titleist 910FD 13.5 with Aldila RIP Reg

Hybrids: Ping G10 15 with TFC stiff; Titleist 910H 24 with MR Ahina Stiff

Iron: Nike VR II Pro Combo 5-PW

Wedges: Ping G15 54 degree, Scratch 8620 56 degree, Cleveland Tour Action 900 60 degree low bounce

Putter: Odyssey ProType PT10

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or/and Titleist V1

Glove: Callaway Diablo

Shoes: Adidas Powerband 3.0

Archived