Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Favorite Putter Shape and Manufacturer

whiskey golf

Love the 8802 style and the #9, which I think Wilson and Odyssey do best. However I putt my best with a center shaft style.

This still true?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

In order of best looking to best functioning......At Least In My Hands.....

The 8802 Wilson is by far the best looking putter on the market regardless of its uselessness in my hands   :D

2na8npk.jpg

30jquit.jpg

Just when I thought the 8802 couldn't get any sexier.....I found this matte black  8882.........it even has a sight line so I might be able it hit it but I read an article claiming the sightline isn't on the sweet spot......there's always gotta be something  :lol:

ak8hu1.jpg

A blacked out Scotty is my next favorite looking and best combo between looks and function.

2znwbo1.jpg

And finally, for the sole purpose of function..... the Directed Force putter is probably the smartest design I have seen in a long while, being that it isn't face balanced but instead it is Lie Angle Balanced. I would love to do a review of this putter and I am surprised other companies have not designed a putter like this already. If they have, I would love to know their reasoning as to why it didn't hit the store shelves. Its not my favorite thing to look at but I love black and I have always wanted to captain the U.S.S. Enterprise.  :) Bill Presse, the maker, is a Wizard and I did get a chance to test this out at the MN Golf Show and I liked it a lot. Congratulations to him for getting this putter in the hands of some pros and on the tour! 

15d27gg.jpg

Driver:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 13 Degree
3 Wood:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 15 Degree
5 Wood:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 18 Degree
4th:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 22 Degree
5-P  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4
Gap:  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour
Sand:  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour
Lob:  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour
Putter: Directed Force "Reno" Putter

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that the 8802 is the sexiest looking putter style. The modern version of the truncated George Lowe (Miura KM-008) has been growing on me for sure. I currently have a SC ACVII and Bettinardi SS6, but putt better with my SC Studio Design 2. Such is life...

Titleist 915 D3

Callaway Hawkeye VFT 4

Mizuno MP-54 3-PW

Mizuno MP-T5 50, 54, 58

SC Studio Design 2.5

Original Bettinardi BB43 Center Shafted putter.

Bettinardi-BB43-1st-Article-Face.jpg

The Dude abides.

WITB:

PXG 0811 9 degree

Tour Exotics 3 Wood

Srixon 5 Wood

PXG 0311 5-PW

Miura K Wedges 52, 56, 60

PXG  Center Shafted

:travis-mathew-1: Golf Shirts (on me, not ITB!)

For me, the Scotty Studio Design 1 is my fav, but I go back and forth between that and a old rusty Tad Moore Maxfli TM-5. I feel like I have better speed control with the Scotty, but the Tad is easier to keep on line. They are basically the same shape so I am clueless on the why of this.uploadfromtaptalk1465354149762.jpguploadfromtaptalk1465354153332.jpguploadfromtaptalk1465354157231.jpguploadfromtaptalk1465354236761.jpg

If Scotty would have made the Red X2 LH I'd have one of those as well. I have a sand blasted TM Rossa Fontana 7 cgb center shafted mallet in my bag at my parent's house. Which is about as close as I can get to the Red X2 in looks.

(First Post!!!)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

There is just something about this rather rare Bettinardi model that just works for me!.. :)

bbx_81_med_.jpg  BBX-81 BLADE

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Fairway/Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 15* Rescue Fairway "3-Strong" - VP-90 Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Hybrid Wedges: :cleveland-small: 2011 Niblicks 42*PW, 49*DW, 56*SW - Stock

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Putter: :bettinardi-small: BBX-81 Blade - Stock Bettinardi Steel Shaft 

I'm a putter ho... but really just like to refurb old ones and either game them or sell them.

My fav is the Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1 and 2. I rescued these pound puppies and they are my current gamers:

IMG_8169.JPGIMG_8171.JPG

They are modeled after the TP Mills #3, which I also like to refurb and collect (actually any old tpm's are good to redo and collect!) This #3 from the 80's was beaten - I brought it back to life, and hand hammered the flange and sole.

IMG_8172.JPG

Close 2nd for me is the Ping Zing or Scotty Cameron Laguna - another rescue:

IMG_8173.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Archived