TESTERS WANTED! ×

Flavored/Infused Cigars

JBones

I'm starting to become very fond of coffee cigars; it's the best of both worlds, I love coffee, and I love cigars. So far, I've only had a Drew Estates Java, a Tatiana Mocha, and an Isla Del Sol (haven't actually smoked it yet). The DE Java was amazing, the Tatiana was decent at best. I've heard from several people that Tabak is the best of the best.

I haven't had one, but my bro-in-law, says the Cu-Avana Punisher is awesome. It is infused with chili pepper and other spices. He said his lips and tongue were still tingling an hour after he finished it.

What are your favorite flavored/infused cigars?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey bones,

I have just started to take part in the acid line absolutely love the kuba ordered a sampler from cigars int for 45 bucks which is a steal it has all the big brand about nothing in the coffee line. They are infused with herbs botanicals and oils some even red wines. I took a trip to the local shop to take in some of the smells from other brands and they smell a bit floral but I am anxious to see what comes of it. After smoking the kuba two weeks in a row I have the taste in my mouth by Wednesday but I want to stay a weekend smoker. Have yet to try the coffee infusions but thinking about the java. Maybe ill give these a run sounds like a good after dinner cigar

I had one of the Drew Estates Acid Earthiness. OMG. It was so good.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

I had one of the Drew Estates Acid Earthiness. OMG. It was so good.

RR,

something about these things. I am a mil dsmoker but my tastebuds have been chnaging where I do like the oily dark wrapper more and more. these won't appeal to the Snobbies much akin to the R1 or stage 2 graphics but you hit th enail onthe head OMG. great aroma for people around you and the sweet different taste is very unique

Flavor infused cigars?! Blasphemy.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

Flavor infused cigars?! Blasphemy.

:lol: +2

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Don't knock it til you try it..............that Cu-Avana Punisher would put hair on Burt Reynolds chest. And that Java is absolutely perfect for sitting on the deck on a nice Sunday morning, while drinking coffee and reading the paper.

Not my cup of tea..... :lol:

I tried a Kuba Kuba years back and that was the last one for me.

If I had to smoke another one it would be a Java Waffer.

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Not my cup of tea..... :lol:

I tried a Kuba Kuba years back and that was the last one for me.

If I had to smoke another one it would be a Java Waffer.

Like golf equipment and some many other things in life to each their own. I wil be buying me some KUBAs this weekend and enjoy one for you HULA!

Like golf equipment and some many other things in life to each their own. I wil be buying me some KUBAs this weekend and enjoy one for you HULA!

Enjoy my friend .....

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Alirght all,

I have another to try. The Acid Toast. I know I know blasphemy. I lit this up on the way to the course the car smelt like cinnamon while the cigar had nice spice notes and a cherry finish in the first third. it started to get a little cocoa but kept the spice in the middle and the smell was still awesome. typical acid sweet wrapper. this is a dark maduro and you will not be disappointed. however I had the deep dish which is a box press "BIGBOY" gauge. The burn was uneven from an inch in and it lacked the flavor and smell of the other acids I have tried so far (wrapper was sweet but not the same). look to try some more this weekend. I had my eyes on the Java and tabak but pulled the trigger on the deep dish and I am kicking myself for it.

To be absolutely truthful here, I do like flavored cigars. I just happen to like mine tobacco flavored.

Used to know guys who smoked those Swisher Sweets cigars in all sorts of horrid flavors. Man, those were some awful smelling "smokes"!

STX xForm 3, 35"

To be absolutely truthful here, I do like flavored cigars. I just happen to like mine tobacco flavored.

Used to know guys who smoked those Swisher Sweets cigars in all sorts of horrid flavors. Man, those were some awful smelling "smokes"!

Hey Seered,

these are in a totally differnt league. quality construction and just plain differnt then the vanilla, cherry grape Whites owls used for mainy a things these days.. the acid line has a couple that smell nice but are traditional. I had the nasty and extra ordinary larry (heard the acid 1 is in this category but didn't get to it yet) which have the smell but not the sweet taste as the KUBA. The complex nature of these cigars are a true testiment tot he detail in construction.

I prefer the flavor now when golfing. don't get me wrong I have a ton of cubans that are aging (P and E series partagas, H. Upmann half corona, triniddad coloniales ALL PHENOMS) and can't wait to hit them but I am now saving them for a special day maybe my second child something like that. or even buying a new house which I am about two months away. Mom just went to florida and in her journey grabbed me two nice handmades which went right into the "special" humidor for curing. Plan on grabbing the java or tabak line this weekend to see what they are all about.

I'm talking about stuff that can't be picked up at a gas station. :D

You can make your own "infused" cigar, using your favorite brand(link below). I'm gonna try this with a couple of my cheaper "on course" smokes. Give one of the Drew Estates/Rocky Patel Javas a try, you won't be disappointed.

http://cigarcaptain.com/2012/02/03/you-can-make-your-own-homemade-coffee-infused-premium-cigars/

You can make your own "infused" cigar, using your favorite brand(link below). I'm gonna try this with a couple of my cheaper "on course" smokes. Give one of the Drew Estates/Rocky Patel Javas a try, you won't be disappointed.

http://cigarcaptain.com/2012/02/03/you-can-make-your-own-homemade-coffee-infused-premium-cigars/

Starting this process tonight. good stuff

OK, "nothing ventured, nothing gained", right? I may have to give them a try.

The flavor-infused, not the gas station variety.

STX xForm 3, 35"

OK, "nothing ventured, nothing gained", right? I may have to give them a try.

The flavor-infused, not the gas station variety.

Speaking of which, ever try "Infusing" two cigars in your humidor? This is on a different level: try taking two "regular" cigars, hell if you wanted to take an acid, Wafe, etc., place it in a cigar bag, seal it, and let them "go to sleep" in your humidor for a month. take em out and burn em, your pallet will pick up "hints" of both cigars in each other. One of my favorite, Camacho Diploma and a Padron 1964. TASTY !!!!!!! :D

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Speaking of which, ever try "Infusing" two cigars in your humidor? This is on a different level: try taking two "regular" cigars, hell if you wanted to take an acid, Wafe, etc., place it in a cigar bag, seal it, and let them "go to sleep" in your humidor for a month. take em out and burn em, your pallet will pick up "hints" of both cigars in each other. One of my favorite, Camacho Diploma and a Padron 1964. TASTY !!!!!!! :D

Hula funny you mention that. I took my recent purchases of acid and put them with my cheapy cubans. I didn't let them sit long but I had the smell and flavor a bit so I can see them mixing.

Never thought of that, will have to try.

Hula funny you mention that. I took my recent purchases of acid and put them with my cheapy cubans. I didn't let them sit long but I had the smell and flavor a bit so I can see them mixing.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me your "Cheapy Cubans" are: Jose L Peidras, Quintero, or Guantanameras... :(

Anything else....... OFF WITH YOUR HEAD !!! :blink:

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me your "Cheapy Cubans" are: Jose L Peidras, Quintero, or Guantanameras... :(

Anything else....... OFF WITH YOUR HEAD !!! :blink:

Come on man! :blink: we don't know each other but my comments should speak for me...and OF COURSE THEY ARE. :)

BY THE WAY....tried the Acid 1 last night at the course. traditional smoke with a sugared outside wrapper. so for me this was almost the best of both worlds. I don't like when the tabacco leaf gets wet and sometimes strong to the taste. The sugar is sweet but not overbearing. also the cigar leaves are cask cured for 90 days in five differnt red wines. can't really get into the tastes too much but the draw was great the cigar was very complex and it wasn't aromatic at all. traditional with a little twist on the wrapper check it out.

Man...just can't get my head around the sugar wrapper idea. Your description sounds great, but...

STX xForm 3, 35"

Man...just can't get my head around the sugar wrapper idea. Your description sounds great, but...

try them you won't be diappointed. at least this one. adding three more to the list.

extra ordinary larry - tradional taste in the warpper and smoke (to the smoker) but aromatic when taking the smoke in second hand. Smells botanical/perfumy before lighting

C1400 - along the line of the KUBA "blue label" aromatic but a little more complex

Cold infusion - long smoke aromatic and very mild Awesome another favorite.

Back at it here boys. Saturday I ventured into the local stogie shop to grab the tabak and Java. Man Oh Man. Bones these didn't disappoint one bit. Thanks for the referral I have another new go to cigar. The sweet wrapper on both brought out the complex flavors even with the darker Especial Negra wrapper and deep fillers these cigars were mellow with the dark chocolate/espresso flavors. very nice!

Come on man! :blink: we don't know each other but my comments should speak for me...and OF COURSE THEY ARE. :)

BY THE WAY....tried the Acid 1 last night at the course. traditional smoke with a sugared outside wrapper. so for me this was almost the best of both worlds. I don't like when the tabacco leaf gets wet and sometimes strong to the taste. The sugar is sweet but not overbearing. also the cigar leaves are cask cured for 90 days in five differnt red wines. can't really get into the tastes too much but the draw was great the cigar was very complex and it wasn't aromatic at all. traditional with a little twist on the wrapper check it out.

Just making sure brutha.... :lol:

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

• 1 month later...

I have not seen a GrayCliff in years. let us know how it comes out.

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I have not seen a GrayCliff in years. let us know how it comes out.

I had never even heard of Graycliff until last year. My home town is in the heart of southern/eastern Illinois wine country, so they have a big wine festival every October. Last year a guy had a booth set up, selling cigars and I bought a Graycliff Platinum for $5. I figured I was getting ripped off, since I had never heard of them, but it was pretty good. This G2 came with my new humidor.

Archived