Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

My Father - Flor de las Antillas

JBones

Finally got my hands on the Cigar Aficionado 2012 cigar of the year. While I'm not qualified enough to write a review, I will just say that I was slightly disappointed. I had high hopes for it and it failed to deliver.

Anyone else try this stick?

Never Tried it but had two of the ones you have me on Saturday your Gamer and the coffee one both good smokes the coffee one was awesome!

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Glad you liked. I love those coffee cigars. If you liked that, pick up a Drew Estates Java and your mind will be blown.

Ya ill check it out!

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

I did try it, I too was looking for something to slap me in the face but I had to remember that C.A. sometime smokes the "Wack-Tabbaky". There is NO WAY ON GODS GREEN EARTH that this Cigar beats the LE Cohiba 1966. Now That is a CIGAR!!!!

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I find that CA sometimes like the really heavy complex extreme smokes. I ahve tried the Alec bradley from last year and didn't like it much. not sure where they go and how they really set their final top 25 I have liked some but not many

I find that CA sometimes like the really heavy complex extreme smokes. I ahve tried the Alec bradley from last year and didn't like it much. not sure where they go and how they really set their final top 25 I have liked some but not many

AGREED ! you have to admit it's great marketing though. I fell for it too. Pinked one up, smoked it and felt violated...... :lol:

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

AGREED ! you have to admit it's great marketing though. I fell for it too. Pinked one up, smoked it and felt violated...... :lol:

funny when they post their "top 25" its almost like Golf Digest. people run out and buy buy buy. go to any site and they are out of stock (i admit I did it but fortunately had the out of stock option). I guess if they are taking the Big 'OEM" dollars for marketing the cigs then the two are parallel

I completely agree that it definitely doesnt smoke like a number one, and fsav, you hit the nail on the head with saying how it is like Golf Digest. What shocked me the most was that I thought that they did good job with the 2011 edition saying the Alec Bradley Prensado was the best. That was awesome. I guess you can just compare the two prices of the cigars and see the difference haha

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

The only Cigar of the Year that they got right in recent years was the 2010 winner, the Cohiba Behike. Ladies and Gentleman, now that's a STICK.... ;)

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I completely agree that it definitely doesnt smoke like a number one, and fsav, you hit the nail on the head with saying how it is like Golf Digest. What shocked me the most was that I thought that they did good job with the 2011 edition saying the Alec Bradley Prensado was the best. That was awesome. I guess you can just compare the two prices of the cigars and see the difference haha

The alec was in my infancy in full cigars so i am still trying to give it another go. the behike is great but at 30 plus a stick you need to take out loans.

• 9 months later...

Find your favorite place for smoking in USA buy the best Cigar Brand in cheapest Price with windycitycigars.com Online Store...

Everyone is tired of your spamming. Knock it off. Apparently you're not here to contribute. You're only here to use us MGS for free contacts to spam.

• 4 months later...

I did enjoy the stick and it has an attractive price point, but at the end of the day I don't even subscribe to CA anymore because they still haven't gotten the memo that their asses aren't hats. 

That said it was great for the Pepin/My Father factory because they are good people and the brand as a whole is certainly deserving of the recognition.

• 6 months later...

late to the discussion, but I'll chime in - cigars are like wine, or whiskey, or hamburgers - different smokes for different folks.

really though, it's a lot like wine and while you might LOVE one cigar, I might hate it.

One of my closest buddies LOVES wine and he loves "nice" wine/pricey, and so do I - but I swear to you - our tastes couldn't be more different on wine - he pours me some wine and tells me how great it is and I think blah - and we both like cigars... go figure, we have pretty differing tastes in cigars as well.

Best bet, smoke a ton of different cigars and see what you like best.

Archived