Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Has anyone tried the "Orange Whip"

BenderGloves

Has anyone tried the Orange Whip Trainer? I am fairly consistent with my irons, but my woods and driver are all over the place. I was curious if the Orange Whip would help with my accuracy and consistency more with my driver and 3 wood?

BG.jpg

My wife uses a buggy whip. Does not help her golf swing but it sure makes me toe the line.:lol:

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Seriously, I have not used one but have heard good things about them.

I have the gold flex by sklz. Same thing basicly and it helps me stay in tempo when my swing starts to get all over the place

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

The orange whip doesn't help whatsoever with casting. It's a tempo/heavy club thing. Supposedly makes you swing faster with correct tempo. There was a nice video though that showed heavy clubs actually make you swing slower because they screw up your tempo.

I've had it for a long time and don't use it anymore. To date the best swing trainers for me are Tour tempo and a simple penny behind the ball at the range (don't hit the penny).

If you're really interested in trying, I'd be willing to let mine go for a reasonable price.

Do you have the orange whip trainer or one of the other versions? Does it come with any instruction videos or anything? Shoot me a price.

The orange whip doesn't help whatsoever with casting. It's a tempo/heavy club thing. Supposedly makes you swing faster with correct tempo. There was a nice video though that showed heavy clubs actually make you swing slower because they screw up your tempo.

I've had it for a long time and don't use it anymore. To date the best swing trainers for me are Tour tempo and a simple penny behind the ball at the range (don't hit the penny).

If you're really interested in trying, I'd be willing to let mine go for a reasonable price.

BG.jpg

does it help you from casting? My habit is to cast a little late.

if you cast that thing you will end up breaking your wrist :lol:

I have tried it in GS. More of a "Heavy, slight pause at the top of the swing" trainer.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

if you cast that thing you will end up breaking your wrist :lol:

I have tried it in GS. More of a "Heavy, slight pause at the top of the swing" trainer.

I used the whip for some time. Then I went to an instructor who told me I have a problem with casting :)

I think like all good trainers, you really need to have a pro watch you. My last instructor suggested really getting exaggerated lag and causing the whip to bend a ton while still near the top of the backswing.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of the Orange Whip but I'm a relatively new golfer with a very high handicap. The Whip gives you a chance to practice your swing and work on whatever you're working on - quiet lower body, tempo, straight left arm, etc. - over and over in the privacy of your home. It doesn't replace lessons etc but it does give you a chance to take some swings for 10 minutes a day several times a day - how can that be a bad thing? If you combine it with a big mirror you'd be stunned how much progress you can make in a hurry. Nothing has helped my game like the Whip.

Sorry, this was low hanging fruit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRp8GrXffhA

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

• 3 years later...

I'm a big fan of the Orange Whip but I'm a relatively new golfer with a very high handicap. The Whip gives you a chance to practice your swing and work on whatever you're working on - quiet lower body, tempo, straight left arm, etc. - over and over in the privacy of your home. It doesn't replace lessons etc but it does give you a chance to take some swings for 10 minutes a day several times a day - how can that be a bad thing? If you combine it with a big mirror you'd be stunned how much progress you can make in a hurry. Nothing has helped my game like the Whip.

So I'm wondering, does this help you hit it further? Or is it mainly an aid to stretch out. Should I save my money and just...

Whip It Good?

devo.JPG

or should I

whip it good.JPG

or buy it and forget it in my closet?

whip it.JPG

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

I use the orange whip pretty regularly. I swing it at work when I need a break. It is a good aid to stay on plane and work on a smooth tempo. I feel like it can cause you to lengthen your swing if you aren't careful.

I don't really use it to stretch out but you could. 

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

I have the SKLZ Gold Flex and I use it before any round or range session to stretch and loosen up.  Before I swing any club I use the SKLZ to do some rotations to loosen my back, then take 10 right hand only swings followed by 10 left hand only swings.  I finish with 15 or so full swings starting slow and increasing speed as I go.  The key to doing this is to keep your swing like a pendulum so the trainer is in constant motion from backswing to downswing and back again.  

I would definitely recommend the SKLZ or Orange Whip.  It has really helped me with my tempo, plane and strength.  The weight of it has helped me increase my distance while the flex has helped me make better contact by exaggerating lag and I am striking the ball better as a result.  I brought it to the course for my trip a couple weeks ago and my buddy liked it so much he went out and bought one as soon as he got back.

Driver: Ping G30 SFTech Stiff Flex

3W: Cobra F9, Atmos TS Blue 7S

5W: Cobra F6

4H: Cobra F7 4-5H 22* Stiff Flex

5-PW: Taylormade RSI TP +1/2", 2* Upright, Stiff Flex (DG S400)

50, 54: Titleist Vokey SM6 Steel Grey, F-Grind/M-Grind

I just bought one a couple weeks ago. So far I like it, I can swing it around at home to practice my swing. I think it helps with your tempo. It is heavy so it will help to build those swing muscles over time if you keep using it daily I believe. Plus, it is really a great warm up tool prior to the first tee. You can carry it in your bag too and not counted as a 15th club. 

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

After using one at my club I went out to buy one and ended up with the Gold SKLZ trainer instead.  Accomplishes the same goal and was about $50 less.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

I purchased an orange whip a couple of months ago. It mostly helps with getting rid of casting and helping maintain a bit more lag. 

It's a good training aid and something I'd recommend to anyone. Not sure if would help with other golf issues like accuracy / slicing etc. but is definitely worth a try. The key is to really feel the weight of the head when you swing so you can practice ensuring the head always lags behind the shaft thus creating that extra lag.

Mizuno MP-25 irons, R/H, N.S. Pro 950GH regular shafts

Cobra King LTD 8.5 degrees driver, R/H stiff Aldila Rogue shaft

Titleist 3-wood 915F, 15 degrees, Diamana stiff flex shaft

Queensland, Australia

Handicap 5

www.HittingItSolid.com

The Perfect Golf Swing

favicon-96x96.png

Tried it an own it. I use it mainly for stretching - swinging around the patio at home. Products like the whip and the one Jmike has are good.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• 1 month later...

It's my main warmup aid when I don't have much time before tee time. I use it periodically at the range to warmup if it's been a week or more since I hit balls.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

One more thought on the OW. (which I like) Don't carry one around in your game bag. If you do; leave it in your locker or car after warming up. For that matter; don't carry any visible training equipment in your game bag onto the course. That's what practice bags are for.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

One more thought on the OW. (which I like) Don't carry one around in your game bag. If you do; leave it in your locker or car after warming up. For that matter; don't carry any visible training equipment in your game bag onto the course. That's what practice bags are for.

I only have one bag and it stays in there. Too hard to take it out and put it back all the time, especially for someone who forgets things like I do. I'll take it out for tournaments where it counts as a club, but other than that, doesn't make sense to take it in and out if I'm playing a casual round.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I've gone back to this training aid more and more recently. It is so effective at grooving timing, especially the transition from back swing to downswing. It almost feels like a natural pause happens at the top.

I don't use it like a lot of the videos do - swinging back and forth over and over. I actually make a swing to a complete finish and then repeat from the starting position (a little waggle to help get it started).

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

I only have one bag and it stays in there. Too hard to take it out and put it back all the time, especially for someone who forgets things like I do. I'll take it out for tournaments where it counts as a club, but other than that, doesn't make sense to take it in and out if I'm playing a casual round.

I don't think it counts as a club actually so you could leave it in the bag and not lose strokes

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

I don't think it counts as a club actually so you could leave it in the bag and not lose strokes

Was that part of the new rule change this year?

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Was that part of the new rule change this year?

I was never aware of a rule that didn't allow them in the bag.

Archived