TESTERS WANTED! ×

Review - Bridgestone Lady Precept

Mrs.Manbearpig

Bridgestone Lady Precept

DSC06078a.jpg

The LowDown

This is what Bridgestone has to say:

The #1 selling ladies ball in golf* is now the softest Bridgestone golf ball made!

After more than 14,000 live fittings with lady golfers, Bridgestone Golf has developed a ladies specific model engineered for moderate swing speeds. The new Lady Precept is designed to produce higher launch and lower spin off the driver for optimum distance and carry while providing soft feel from tee to green.

DSC06090a.png

Features:

• The SOFTEST Ladies ball on the market

• Larger Gradational Compression Core for optimal performance at moderate swing speeds

• 12% thinner cover produces higher launch and less spin

• Soft feel from tee to green

• 330 Seamless Cover Technology™ optimizes aerodynamics for moderate swing speeds

Optics:

Also available in Optic Pink or Optic Yellow

Initial Impressions

DSC06098a.jpg

Packaging:

Upon opening the exciting brown cardboard packaging that arrived on my desk today, I was hit with the shiny but cool blue packaging. I was actually expecting to see something pink & super girly but was somewhat pleasantly surprised to see something different (don't get me wrong, I still love pink). I do think the blue is a nice change and classy. The design on it makes me think of “technology” and hope that was part of their marketing, to subliminally make one think there was a lot of technology put into creating a better ladies ball. The messaging/information on the box was clear and to the point, so it would be hard to confuse who this ball is meant for.

DSC06127a.jpg

Ball Itself:

DSC06229a.jpg

I will be reviewing only the white color as I do not have the Optic Pinks, or Optic Yellows, although I may pop into my local golf retailer to see if there is a difference between the white and colored covers. Upon taking the balls out of packaging, I really liked the initial feel of the ball. I would even go as far as saying that it has a tour-like feel. The logo on the ball has three lines of writing in a similar blue that is on the packaging (1) the double number – I think the double number is different, I like it! (2) the name “Bridgestone – it's all in caps, bold, and impacted, so it can be easily used for alignment (3) the word “GOLF” – although I don't think it's really necessary, it's not really distracting or detracting. The alignment aid/model is perfect in my eyes – it's thin enough to have been just a drawn line and arrowheads on either side of the word “Lady Precept” in all caps again. I also count 4 different dimple sizes on this ball in their own pattern throughout the ball.

DSC06232a.jpg

Overall, I like what I see, feel and can't wait to get these on the course and do an actual comparison. More importantly, one of my very first balls I used when I started this game was Lady Precept MCs, so Bridgestone Lady Precept let's see if you can bring me back and better my game.

REVIEW

Talk about super excited about playing with my brand new shiny balls! Finally got a chance to get out on the course and take them for a spin. How did they fair? There were definitely a couple surprises! Of course to get a good comparison, I gave them a good competitor (my current ball) Lady Srixon SoftFeel.

ON DECK

DSC06179a.jpg

Setting the Bridgestone Lady Precept on the tee, you can easily use the logo or the alignment aid. To be totally honest, the blue writing I liked right out of the box, but it took me the first couple tee shots for my eyes to get used to it. Once I played more with it I grew to like it more and more, perhaps it made me think of my Canucks colors against the grass?

The ball feels fantastic off the club face, great sound and feel. I know that a softer ball for me is good with my slower swing speed, but I also like to hear the nice crisp pop off the club and not have it feel mushy or too hard. I was worried a little bit with the tour-like cover that they would be heavy on one end of the spectrum on the LPs but they were really similar to the Lady SF. Struck well, the Lady Precept's do go slightly longer!

FAIRWAY, ROUGH & BUNKERS

DSC06101a.jpg

Both balls are receptive, but I really do like the feel of the Lady Precept's coming out of the rough or bunker. I am still working on my chipping and bunker shots but I did notice the ball checking on the green and it really gave me a boost of confidence in my short game.

WHERE IT COUNTS

DSC06156a.jpg

On fire! Using my soft putter face and the Lady SoftFeel, sometimes… not all the time… but sometimes, feels mushy; however, with the regular faceplate it's perfect. With the regular putter face and the Lady Precept, I love how they come off the face; they felt crisp and have a nice muted sound off the face of my McGregor milled face and Dan's deep milled Scotty.

FINAL THOUGHTS

I do love what Bridgestone has done with Lady Precept, the tour feel/look, and playability off the driver, irons, and putter. How does it compare? The main differences I noticed in the Lady Precept's were:

1. The look of the ball, including cover and alignment aid

2. Longer distance

3. Spin/Checking on the green

4. Price point $3 more per box in Canada (vs. Srixon Lady SF)

I have been playing for almost six years now and I'm no pro but when it's a good day, it IS a GOOD day! This is tough because I do love my Srixon Lady SoftFeel balls but I think because I'm not a super novice anymore the Bridgestone Lady Precept's may provide me the extra help I need; In terms of playability on the green, they would give me a little more of an advantage. I'm calling them my “big girl” balls because they DO have that tour ball feel.

I think Bridgestone Lady Precept may have won me back… May have.

Im considering trying these balls because they say that with persimmon woods you want the softest ball possible.

Does anyone know what the compression of these balls is? I didnt find it listed on Bridgestone's site. Right now Im kind of torn between these and the Srixon Soft Feel Lady

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I used to play these balls in scrambles, because they are stupid long off the tee.

I played these pills as well, very predictable throughout the round..... One hop and stop, similar to the Wilson DUO's

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

• 4 weeks later...

Great review Mrs MBP love the pics.

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

The MBPs definitely set themselves apart from the field when it comes to pics.

I know! They have some great photograpy skills! Great review as well Mrs MBP

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

• 1 year later...

Do these feel like the Duo or like the 3Up 2S14?  I might consider these in Optic Yellow for winter.  I am liking the 3Up 2-piece ball, but sometimes yellow is a better color.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• SPY VIP

Do these feel like the Duo or like the 3Up 2S14?  I might consider these in Optic Yellow for winter.  I am liking the 3Up 2-piece ball, but sometimes yellow is a better color.

I don't think they're Duo soft. I'll have her grab a 3UP and Precept if we're near the course this weekend.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Im considering trying these balls because they say that with persimmon woods you want the softest ball possible.

Does anyone know what the compression of these balls is? I didnt find it listed on Bridgestone's site. Right now Im kind of torn between these and the Srixon Soft Feel Lady

I was going to say the same thing about playing them with the persimmon woods. There are a few of us on another site that play classic golf. Right now I am playing about 50/50 between the old sticks and modern. I have played the Srixon Lady ball with the classics but my favorite ball with the classics is the Wilson Zip or the Duo. With the moderns it is a cross between the Pro V 1 or Srixon Z Star but I have had some durability issues with the Z Star in the past. I may definetly buy some of the new B Stone Lady balls and try them with the classics

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

The mens version Laddie is one of the most popular budget balls here in Norway.

They are very popular with the retiree golfers down here

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Great write up, nice pics......def nice to get a Ladies point of view......

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Do these feel like the Duo or like the 3Up 2S14? I might consider these in Optic Yellow for winter. I am liking the 3Up 2-piece ball, but sometimes yellow is a better color.

I don't know about the Duo personally but Dan says they feel like hitting marshmallows they are "super mushy". The Wilson Staff is the softest of the tour balls I've tried but nowhere close to these. As for feeling like the 3Up 2S14, the Lady Precepts give you slightly better feedback. If you have the 3Up 2S14 already I wouldn't rush out and buy some unless you really want them for the colour difference.

Hope that helps!

BTW: keep an eye out for our Nicklaus ball write up, was pleasantly surprised about the White Model.

I don't know about the Duo personally but Dan says they feel like hitting marshmallows they are "super mushy". The Wilson Staff is the softest of the tour balls I've tried but nowhere close to these. As for feeling like the 3Up 2S14, the Lady Precepts give you slightly better feedback. If you have the 3Up 2S14 already I wouldn't rush out and buy some unless you really want them for the colour difference.

Hope that helps!

BTW: keep an eye out for our Nicklaus ball write up, was pleasantly surprised about the White Model.

Thanks! I think I will. On the gray days it's easier to see for me to see the yellow. My wife and I played today; had both clouds and sun, and her Z-Stars were easier to see and FIND in the leaves. I think she might like a softer ball when it gets a little colder, like tomorrow! But next weekend is her last round of this year, since she get a new knee next week.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived