Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Texas Open Scoring System

RoverRick

I was originally going to do a poll to see what everyone thought about the different scoring systems but honestly, the most fair is the quota system. This is where points are awarded for the score in relation to par. And everyone has a set number of points that they have to earn and the winner of the round is whom ever played the best in relation to their quota.

Of course, there is the issue of establishing quotas. Basically, the best way to do this is to have subtract your handicap from 36. We actually use the number 32. This makes it a bit easier to get your quota and guys feel better about the round when they make their quota. If they make theirs but someone else does better than they are ok with that. But if someone goes without making their quota several times in a row they start to grouse about the quota being too high. Just as if someone is consistently over their quota then their quota is too low.

There is also a special provision called "The Battlefield Promotion." We often have guests or new people show up and wish to play. All we can do is take their word for what their handicap is. So if someone shows up and says they are a 13, then fine, your quota is 32-13, or 19 points. So if we get to the turn and you have shot a 36 (18 points), then congratulations you are about to receive a battlefield promotion to 32 or more.

We also have rules about when and how much your quota will increase and decrease.

So here is what I propose for this outing.

Double Bogey or worse = 0 points

Bogey = 1 point

Par = 2 points

Birdie = 4 points

Eagle = 8 points

And use the 32 or 36 - handicap.

What are your thoughts?

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

This point system that I offered up here really rewards going for it. The system I normally play is 1 for bogey and progresses to 4 for eagle. This one, does basically doubles the points for doing better on the hole and eagles are worth the same as 4 pars. Personally, I would not love that at my regular course because I make a lot of pars. However, I think this will make it more interesting because since this is not a course we play regularly, and it is tight with trees, also we will not know the best approaches to the greens nor where the best place to miss the hole is, so I expect that there will be more bogies and doubles than normal at least in the early rounds.

This is also a 27 hole course, so while it may be 72 holes, it will not be the same 18 twice. I do not know the order we will play them but this course has what they call the Blue 9, Green 9 and Gold 9. I assume when we check in at the pro shop he will tell us we are scheduled to play Blue/Green or Gold/Blue or some other combination. They have a system and events like this is what they do. Let's face it, there is no other reason to have a 27 hole golf course in that area if it were not for events like this.:D

But this is a par 71 course with a slope of 136 and a rating of 73.7 and while it is not a long course 6700, I really do not expect PGA type scores.

I don't care if I go out and shoot 4 rounds in the 100s, I'm gonna have fun.

+1

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

I really hope you guys keep some sort of social aspect to this whole weekend. The one thing I kept getting messages about was how exciting it was for the rest of the forums to be involved in some way.

Oh, absolutely. We'll be posting pictures here and have live scoring using Gamebook (www.golfgamebook.com).

I'm not much of a twitter person, but I'll try :)

(I'm going to be really pissed if I can't make it, but so far it's looking good)

I really hope you guys keep some sort of social aspect to this whole weekend. The one thing I kept getting messages about was how exciting it was for the rest of the forums to be involved in some way.

In my opinion, the scoring should be all done through social media and then we just play golf for fun.

Th website is even better than the app!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Just played a practice round with this, it was easy to use and fairly unobtrusive, Batteries were taking a hit, and honestly there were a couple of times where I was thinking about that rather than the shot at hand and it did add a couple of strokes but then the good news it it does not tell how really bad some of the shots were. I had 398 left on a 377 yard hole after my tee shop. OOPS, Pulled the tee shot way left hit a tree and bounced "Leftier" Had to play a parallel fairway for a bit. It was fun.

With GameBook it will keep the Stableford and everyone that couldn't go can check in with the live leader-board. They must friend us first. This thing will be awesome, we don't have to worry about what system or how just play, drink, and be merry!

Sláinte

What’s in the bag:

Driver: Callaway Hyper-X 10° with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: Wilson Staff D-100 hybrid 3 16°, Matrix OZIK Altus 5.6: 60 gram

Utility: 7 Wood Custom Stainless – Knight Golf 24°

Irons: Wilson Staff D-100 4-Pw. Gw, Sw, Matrix Studio 6.1 Graphite: 65 gram

Wedges: Pinemeadow 64° and 68°, Alien 2 Pro Series 1 – 60°, PW, GW, & SW with set of D-100’s

Putter: Current Hippo Attacker 1 Switching to: Gel Golf CNC milled insert putter (Sapphire model, Mallet style)

Ball: Wilson Staff DUO/Z-Star/FG Tour

Bag: Bag Boy - Revolver

Backup Irons: King Cobra irons from the late 80’s 3-sw graphite regular flex shafts

Whatever doesn’t kill me, had better start running!What’s in the bag:Driver: Callaway Hyper-X 10° with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaftFairway: Cobra AMP Cell 3-4 HYB: 4 plus = 21°, 4 plus Draw = 21° Draw, 4 = 22° *Utility: 7 Wood Custom Stainless – Knight Golf 24°Irons: Cobra AMP Cell Irons 5- Sw, MRC Graphite ShaftWedges: Pinemeadow 64° and 68°, Alien 2 Pro Series 1 – 60°, PW, GW, & SW in AMP Cell setPutter: Gel Golf CNC milled insert putter (Sapphire model, Mallet style)Ball: Titlest VelocityBag: Bag Boy - RevolverBackup Irons: King Cobra irons from the late 80’s 3-sw graphite regular flex shaftsWhatever doesn’t kill me, had better start running!

Has someone created a Facebook page for this event yet?

Sláinte

What’s in the bag:

Driver: Callaway Hyper-X 10° with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: Wilson Staff D-100 hybrid 3 16°, Matrix OZIK Altus 5.6: 60 gram

Utility: 7 Wood Custom Stainless – Knight Golf 24°

Irons: Wilson Staff D-100 4-Pw. Gw, Sw, Matrix Studio 6.1 Graphite: 65 gram

Wedges: Pinemeadow 64° and 68°, Alien 2 Pro Series 1 – 60°, PW, GW, & SW with set of D-100’s

Putter: Current Hippo Attacker 1 Switching to: Gel Golf CNC milled insert putter (Sapphire model, Mallet style)

Ball: Wilson Staff DUO/Z-Star/FG Tour

Bag: Bag Boy - Revolver

Backup Irons: King Cobra irons from the late 80’s 3-sw graphite regular flex shafts

Whatever doesn’t kill me, had better start running!What’s in the bag:Driver: Callaway Hyper-X 10° with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaftFairway: Cobra AMP Cell 3-4 HYB: 4 plus = 21°, 4 plus Draw = 21° Draw, 4 = 22° *Utility: 7 Wood Custom Stainless – Knight Golf 24°Irons: Cobra AMP Cell Irons 5- Sw, MRC Graphite ShaftWedges: Pinemeadow 64° and 68°, Alien 2 Pro Series 1 – 60°, PW, GW, & SW in AMP Cell setPutter: Gel Golf CNC milled insert putter (Sapphire model, Mallet style)Ball: Titlest VelocityBag: Bag Boy - RevolverBackup Irons: King Cobra irons from the late 80’s 3-sw graphite regular flex shaftsWhatever doesn’t kill me, had better start running!

Archived