TESTERS WANTED! ×

P2 Wraps - By Pure Grips

The Dansome

• SPY VIP

P2 Wraps - By Pure Grips

pure-p2-review-black.jpg

Charismatic

pure-p2-review-gun.jpg

You'll fall in love with their charming 12 colors and divine ease of tapeless install with just an air gun. Cleaning the P2's is a fairly effortless experience with just a little soap, perhaps a scrub and a wipe.

Comfy

pure-p2-review-full.jpg

They be rubber, but if you're a soft grip player then these Pure's are for you. Shock absorption is quite high making the firmest of irons seem muted. They're not available in undersized but stretchable enough to notice a difference in small hands.

Slick

pure-p2-review-butts.jpg

Like fly out yo' hands slick!! Holy cow man, a hint of humidity in the air or if you've got the nervous Nelly sweaty palms get yourself a glove!! It shocks me Pure bills these are their tackiest all-weather grip. Geez I'd almost take my chances with the bare shaft.

The Wrap

pure-p2-review-shaft.jpg

Charismatic

Comfy

Slick

MBP Apprehensive

Try before you buy.

http://www.puregrips.com/grips/view/p2_wrap

I also had issues with the paint fill coming out of the logo. I suspect this may be the result of stretching the grip during install.

pure-p2-review-paint.jpg

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Interesting about the grips being slick. About five years ago I had a set of iomic stickys installed on my clubs- loved them for the first 9 holes until it began to rain- holy cow it was like I covered my grips in ky jelly! Got home, cut em off, and shot on some cords.

I don't stray too far from the old faithful when it comes to the only connection with the golf club.

Love the format since I can only read anything in 15 second increments.

The paint fill is very cheap on PURE grips. It comes off easily without stretching it. It can be rubbed off, especially when wet. It's not just the logo, it's everywhere there's paint fill.

That said, I still like the grip and am going to try out the DTX someday. The PURE pro midsize is definitely not too soft. Softer than GP multicompound, but nothing compared to say Winn grips. I've used these in the rain without problems. I wouldn't use them without a glove though.

• SPY VIP

Love the format since I can only read anything in 15 second increments.

The paint fill is very cheap on PURE grips. It comes off easily without stretching it. It can be rubbed off, especially when wet. It's not just the logo, it's everywhere there's paint fill.

That said, I still like the grip and am going to try out the DTX someday. The PURE pro midsize is definitely not too soft. Softer than GP multicompound, but nothing compared to say Winn grips. I've used these in the rain without problems. I wouldn't use them without a glove though.

Dude I lose focus half the time and need 3 reads to finish some reviews.

When I had the 3gens I never wore a glove, but then I just had to try these pretty orange grips.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Hit you hit the nail on the head here. The PURE grips get really slick. Now that the weather is cooling off they feel great, but it's not good enough to compensate for the slick issue. I also had the paintfill issue as well. I have a set of PUREs on my irons and I've been looking for new grips. Too bad Golf Pride doesn't make their full cord grips in red anymore. That's excluding the MC grips, which I don't really like very much.

Anyway, great write-up. Dead on!

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

I've never tried the wraps, but I have 3 sets of PURE Pro's on all my clubs. Absolutely love them and I've never had issues with slickness, even when it's is 95° and humid they stay tacky. I've also got close to 100 rounds on one of my sets and they still feel like the day I put them on without ever having to clean them.

I do have some of the paint fill coming out, mostly around the butt end lines, but it really doesn't bother me. I'd have a hard time playing anything else with how durable and long lasting these have been for me.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

• SPY VIP

I've never tried the wraps, but I have 3 sets of PURE Pro's on all my clubs. Absolutely love them and I've never had issues with slickness, even when it's is 95° and humid they stay tacky. I've also got close to 100 rounds on one of my sets and they still feel like the day I put them on without ever having to clean them.

I do have some of the paint fill coming out, mostly around the butt end lines, but it really doesn't bother me. I'd have a hard time playing anything else with how durable and long lasting these have been for me.

I really like the rest of the grip, but it's great to read something positive about the slickness issue.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Good review MBP!

I tried the wraps and they were ok. I do not wear a glove, and I never had a slickness issue, however, I also do not have sweaty hands ever. Even summertime in Texas. I just didn't like them because I have always played a crossline or a golf pride tour velvet and I didn't like the feel of the wrap. I also didn't feel like the midsize was as big around as either of the other grips. They do last a long time though. I've still got them on a fairway and a hybrid and they still look brand new even after being blown on and off a couple times. Rev Kev got them on the 800 Pros I sold him. I'd be interested to see what he thinks. I will say this. I hate cords and I used to only play tour velvets but over the past few years they have had durability issues. I got tired of them splitting at the bottom all the time from going into and out of the bag. I'm now a Lamkin crossline midsized guy. I'd like to try out the pure pro in midsized.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

Good review, I was about to switch to those but after reading your review it stopped me dead cold. Interesting enough, I currently use the Lamkin Perma-wrap ACE 3 GEN and experienced something very different. When wet, they mold to your hand with considerable "Tack" . Post round when you let these sit over night they go "stale", feels like you wrapped a paper bag over the grips making them slippery. They only way to remedy this is to re-activate the "tack" by cleaning the grips....

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

• SPY VIP

Good review, I was about to switch to those but after reading your review it stopped me dead cold. Interesting enough, I currently use the Lamkin Perma-wrap ACE 3 GEN and experienced something very different. When wet, they mold to your hand with considerable "Tack" . Post round when you let these sit over night they go "stale", feels like you wrapped a paper bag over the grips making them slippery. They only way to remedy this is to re-activate the "tack" by cleaning the grips....

I'm gonna give these Pure a good old fashion scrubbing and see what happens. I will say though I noticed the slipperiness day 1 of install at the range immediately.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I'm gonna give these Pure a good old fashion scrubbing and see what happens. I will say though I noticed the slipperiness day 1 of install at the range immediately.

I would give them a ring and inquire about what your experiencing, you never know....

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Archived