1. I started playing golf when I was probably 7 or 8 years old, maybe younger. Both of my Grandfathers and my Dad played all the time and started me very young. My grandfather recently passed away and when I was helping clean up his garage I found the old pitching wedge that he had cut down so I could learn the game as a kid.
2. I just love the outdoors and the peace and quite of the game. I love the challenge of the game and the fact that you never can perfect it. When I play I love to bomb drives and take risks, I have never been very good at playing smart and that is why my scores have probably never been as good as my potential is.
3. I found MGS while looking for reviews on clubs years back. I have lurked around ever since.
4. I am from South Jersey. (yes we divide the state up internally and everyone disowns the middle) I don't have a home course, but I was fortunate enough to grow up play Tavistock CC as a Caddy and my home course in High School. My Grandfather and Great Grandfather were members there for years. Now I just like to play and can appreciate any course.
5 Best thing about golf in my region is the number of courses. The worst thing about golf in my region is cost and the lack of 9 hole options. With a young daughter at home I can't always swing 18 holes. I wish more courses had an affordable 9 hole option.
6. I have been fortunate to be a full time firefighter for the last 25 years, 22 with my current department. I love what I do and am looking forward to retirement so I can spend more time with my family and play more golf.
7. My username is one I have had for years. A combination of my FD and my badge number.