Single Status Update
Next steps to my road to improvement
- Adding the Mizuno MMC FliHi 4 iron to the bag once it comes it to replace my hybrid. The hybrid has too significant of a draw bias, not terrible, but I also draw the ball naturally already, and will probably go in and out of the bag, but I'm looking for better shot shaping with the FliHi and have that 210 to 225 distance into the green and off of the tee.
- Working on my putting. I'm rolling the ball nicely now with a slightly open stance with my current putter. I have another putter that I can get the ball rolling online, but the pace is off. Future step is to actually get fit for a putter.
- Working on my natural tempo and swing speed for the driver to have more consistent drives. See below for more info.
- Driver shaft optimization. Not looking for a new head yet. I like my 2017 M1 460. Interested in the journey of testing some shafts. Right now my shaft is determining what kind of shot I can do. Slower speed and tempo than my natural speed and tempo. This has lead to a great deal of inconsistency of trying to find the "magic speed and tempo" and I know that isn't the way to go.
- Swing speed training. I'll have multiple shafts at this point so I can game whatever is best fitting me as I go along. And I can always swing a little slower or club down to hit a fairway.
- Get fitted for a putter > get fitted for a driver/shaft and woods from a high level, reputable company willing to discuss numbers and takes the time and right approach. Open to custom shafts and not just from the OEM cart like at a Golf Galaxy. I have only been fitted to a driver once, but didn't purchase as I did not like the experience, small selection of shafts, and I wasn't swinging my natural speed and tempo like I should have.