How long have you been playing golf?
- Started playing as an 11 year old with my father who took up the game at the same time thanks to my maternal grandfather!! Was immediately hooked. Its been a huge bonding item for my dad and myself and this continues to this day.
What’s your handicap or normal score?
- 7.4 GHIN, but I have been as low as a 3 and it just depends on how much practice I get in. With 2 kids under the age of 4, work and life its only gone up since the college years!! I'd say 79-81 is my range on most days on most courses.
What do you love about golf?
- Golf is life. It teaches every lesson one will need to go through life itself. The hard knocks and dealing with them, the bad breaks the odd bounces. It also teaches joy, of the outdoors, the beauty in solitary play, the camaraderie of friends with shared passions, creates lifelong friends, and brings mental fortitude to the forefront. Only game where no one is throwing things at you, kicking you punching you and it's you against yourself. Plus, you can always improve as you get what you put into it...simple really!!
What brings you to MyGolfSpy?
- Love the unbiased and honest feedback on clubs and equipment, love the community of die hards it brings together and love how its helping to grow the game we love. Do you already know any other Spies? - Yes
Where are you from?
- Was born in Bangladesh, grew up between there and London, England. Lived in Japan for a bit, moved to New York City in 2000 and lived there till 2013 when California's sunshine beckoned and I moved to Los Angeles. What is your home course? - I play a lot out of everywhere, as I don't have a home course in LA yet, but am lucky to have family who are members at LACC, and I did the annual at Trump Palos Verdes and Rustic Canyon so those are my go to's!! I'll play anywhere!
What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
- Golf in the LA area is hard as the good courses are all private so hard to get on for most, and the ones that are available to people could be kept in much better shape. I imagine a Sweetens Cove being made out of Westchester or Penmar or El Dorado where you actually have interesting tracks with intriguing greens, and harder and faster surfaces and places where people actually fix their divot marks (my pet peeve). The best thing is that within two hours drive you have some incredible courses and places to play that are public like Quarry Ridge, Oak Quarry, Sand Canyon, Rustic Canyon, Moorpark, then all the courses in Palm Springs and Palm Desert and Ojai and Santa Barbara.
What do you do for a living?
- Real Estate and Finance. We develop residential assets and operate them across the income spectrum of housing need and want.
How’d you pick your user name?
- Wasn't too original...its just my name and initial combination!