Great observations and commentary from everyone on the Arccos platform.
I have 102 rounds with Arccos and am a fan of the app with some reservations and recommendations to those using or looking to use.
1. Putting stats are useless. Just a weakness that may or may not get resolved.
- After each round, I go in on my laptop and place the flags as best as I remember which seems to help with first putt and chipping stats. No clue if it has any impact on my second and or third putt.
2. Misses recording 3-4 shots per round. Easy fix (10 seconds) as you're walking to next tee.
3. Don't like carrying iphone in front pocket but I have gotten used to it for the most part.
1. With about 8,000 shots recorded, I am dialed in on my club distances and gapping.
2. The caddie button displays wind speed, elevation change and is right on with club recommendation (to center of green) Need to adjust front and back in my head since I don't want to take time to place pin until post round. Tournament mode turns off elevation calculation.
3. It does a good job of breaking down your handicap by each aspect of your game. And in which direction each is trending.
4. And it proves that the left side of #16 at Rustic Canyon accounts for 70% of my penalty strokes.
Overall, I recommend the platform as long as it doesn't slow down your play or interfere with your fun.