Testers Announced-SUB70 949x PRO Hybrid

Testers
Equipment Type: Hybrid
Vendor: SUB70

Screen-Shot-2021-04-16-at-7.27.29-AM.png

When the SUB70 939X Hybrid was selected as a Most Wanted winner, we all took notice of this up and coming brand. Now they have updated the original with the 949X Pro and it's time to see if this new version lives up to it's predecessor!

The 949X Pro is aimed at the lower handicap golfer with heel and mid weighting to take the left side of the fairway out of play for those with a Draw or Neutral ball flight. With that, we'd like to get some fedback from MyGolfSpy readers.

Interesting in testing, reviews and keeping one of these hybrids? Signup at the link on this post.

**Note: This test is only open to US Members and RH Only - sorry to our LH and INTL Members, we have more tests coming soon!

The test applications are live until 4/23, so get your entry in now!

TESTERS ANNOUNCED
Congratulations to the following selected testers!
@AGutierrez7

@tommc23

@Lakeeriegolfer

@rkj427

Continue to use this thread for comments, questions, and your thoughts!

9055103A-FBE6-482F-A783-7E56E2BFBC0C.jpeg

36A27AC9-24C0-4FD7-8C77-5D15A7F4754B.jpeg

75E190A5-F606-461A-8099-E120779937CC.jpeg

77EECB34-1571-45A3-AD0A-A5AA939CF293.jpeg

538FF95A-92AC-40F4-9FF5-3A64ECD016D4.jpeg

57 Comments

As bad as I want to sign up and have a chance at being a tester I can't.  Still recovering from Shoulder surgery and a couple months away from being able to make a full swing. Good Luck testers, Enjoy. 

• Like 2

I signed up. Currently have the non pro verison, but this seems like it could work well for me as i had fairly good success with an M3 3h I had. Good luck to everyone. This sounds like a real treat to test and Jason (and sub70 in general) are great to work with!

• Like 3

Innnnnteresting.... I’m going to have to do a little research on this guy, but anti-left sounds like something I should be interested it.  Heading to sub70’s site for further details now.

• Like 6

I haven't yet tried any of the Sub 70 clubs, but they certainly caught my eye with the TAIII irons. The hybrid would be an interesting test as I've struggled with other brands/models going left. The Mizuno CLK I game now is the first that does a good job of staying right and would be a good baseline of comparison.

• Like 4

I already play the 949X Pro. It is the 3H with the UST Proforce V2 shaft. If hybrids go left on you like me just drop the heavy weight in the toe which I did and goodbye left. My SS is 88-90 and I'm a 14HC and the Pro works great for me. Good Luck everyone.

• Like 2

I'm in.  Lot's of people missing the signup link at the top right...

My son currently plays the 939x Hybrid and we both find it a little draw biased.  It would be great to compare this 949x Pro side by side with the 939x.

• Like 2

I really like the new sign up bottom, this is an awesome upgrade to the testers wanted sign up.

• Like 5
46 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Innnnnteresting.... I’m going to have to do a little research on this guy, but anti-left sounds like something I should be interested it.  Heading to sub70’s site for further details now.

Make an anti right club and I am all in.

😀😃😄

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

😀😃😄

"Right" there with you, haha!

• Haha 1

Great Opportunity from MGS and SUB70 Golf!!

Since this hybrid is gear for lower handicap players with higher swing speeds, I will not be applying but I will be following closely as Sub70 is definately on my radar for clubs and they seem to be making very high quality equipment.

Good Luck Everyone!

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

😀😃😄

Trust me... anti left is NOT my usual need. But it seems to be with hybrids.  🤣🤣🤣

I say I “play” a fade with the driver. But it’s not by choice. 🤫

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Trust me... anti left is NOT my usual need. But it seems to be with hybrids.  🤣🤣🤣

I say I “play” a fade with the driver. But it’s not by choice. 🤫

If I aim far enough left, my slice can be mistaken for a power fade.

• Haha 3

Would love to test this hybrid. As a player with higher swing speed I spin hybrids a lot. It would be nice to see how a 2H would fit into my game. I would use in collegiate tournaments. Would love to try the club.

Good luck to all testers! I will be following this test for sure as I am looking for a new hybrid to replace my current gamers especially if these are truly anti-left (my hybrid shots range from a nice draw to a bad hook!)

• Like 2

Man oh man. Would love to give feedback on this hybrid. Love @Sub70 and all they stand for. Just got a new Sub70 wedge and absolutely love it. Would love to compare this Sub70 hybrid to my current Cleveland hybrid and give y'all some great feedback. Thanks for the opportunity!

@B.Boston you were the first person I thought of when I saw this!

Looks like a great hybrid, but content with what I have. Another great testing opportunity, Sub70 is awesome.

• Like 3

I've signed up. Love the new sign up link, great job guys. Thanks for the opportunity!

• Like 3

Can you guys stop posting your addresses? I'm scared for your privacy... holy moly don't put that kind of stuff on the internet for everyone to see.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

Hey @NotBrian, @golffun, @barretknutson5, @SMIB Golfer, & @trike11

No need to submit your application in the thread anymore 🙂 If you click the "signup" button above, you can select your options and we'll get your entry in our database! Hopefully this is a faster, easier option for everyone!

Thanks!!!

• Like 1

Yet another quick reminder: no applications are considered that are not submitted by hitting the "Sign Up" button at the top of this page:

image.png

Comments here are open for those who wish to discuss the test, but it is not a place to post applications. This is a new process, so we understand if there's some confusion.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

Already have the 939x and it's the most dependable fairway finder I have. Would LOVE to put the 939x Pro against it head to head and see which comes out on top. 

• Like 2

Very smooth sign up process, much preferred over the original method. Good work guys!

• Like 1

The sign up process is much easier now. Great work. My only comment would be on the swing speed drop down box. I think you need to specify. Swing speed with the driver or swing speed for the club being tested.

For everyone that replied to this thread with the info. Looks like it is not entered. Click the box next to the club image. 

• Like 4