Sign up Closed: 2023 Forum Member Test: The Edison Challenge featuring Edison 2.0 Wedges

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,609 signups
Equipment Type: Wedges
Vendor: Edison

The Edison Challenge: Featuring Edison 2.0 Wedges

Our picks for Most Wanted Wedges were just released and it just so happens we have one of the contestants in line for member testing!  We are very excited to be looking for four testers to test, review, compare and keep two Edison 2.0 wedges. 

Edison makes some bold claims with their Edison 2.0 wedge, claiming the “Koehler Sole” is the most versatile sole in the category offering a “high bounce angle in the front of the sole with a low bounce angle on the rear portion.”  They also claim to be forgiving and better suited to the amateur golfer.  “Instead of catering to the needs of tour pros, the EDISON 2.0 wedges were designed around the way you play the game. They have the most efficient distribution of clubhead mass in the category to deliver unmatched distance control and forgiveness for any level golfer – with added spin and more penetrating trajectories a likely bonus.”

Bottom line: Edison feels their wedges “deliver more forgiveness, improved distance control and enhanced spin, all without compromising precision, feel, or versatility.” 

We want you to put these claims to the test to let us know how these wedges not only perform over the testing period but also how they perform against your current wedges.  The Edison 2.0 wedges are offered in lofts from 45 to 60 degrees with the option to have the lie angle adjusted to best fit your swing. Edison offers two premium shafts as stock options, KBS Tour steel shafts (110R and 120S) and KBS PGI graphite shafts (70,80, and 90). The Lamkin Crossline in standard or midsize is their stock grip.

image.png

image.png image.png

***Want to take part in the Edison Challenge!? Great!  Head over the Wedgefit Tool and fill out the form.  Post your results in the comments section below and let us know about your 2-wedge setup!***

image.png

Also of note, test is being brought to us via some help from our very own @Josh Ross who recently took a role with Edison!  He's offered to help answer any questions you may have during the application process, and will be helping to organize the challenges with us after testers are selected! 

We are looking for 4 testers to test out the Edison 2.0 wedges! 

This test is open to US Residents and is Right-Hand Only.  

Selected testers will be fit using Edison's Wedgefit form online and will be testing 2 wedges each.

New to the Forum? Interested in how we select our testers and want to increase your opportunity at being selected in this or future tests? READ MORE HERE!

181 Comments

2 minutes ago, Josh Ross said:

My suggestion would start with knowing what loft your pitching wedge is and then getting you a couple wedges that create consistent gapping and provide the distances you need out of our wedges. It sounds like the pitching wedge and gap wedge are your most used wedges, so if you were lucky enough to be tested I would look at replacing those so you can give them a fair test and really compare them to what you have.

John, thanks. My PW is 45 -- so today I have 45, 50 and 56 so the gap is pretty even today. I tend to flight my < 100 yards when I can -- probably why I do not use my 56 much. Just not sure where I would start with adding a new wedge 53 maybe? but if the 53 is different set from my 50 and 56, is that the gap I want? I am just clueless on the matter to be honest. I only carry 13 clubs today so I have room for another just not sure if I replace wedges, add a wedge, add a rescue club, etc...

I'm not sure why the algorithm chose a 48° wedge for the three club set (I already have a 49° wedge in my iron set), so I think the green section is more of the right selection. For a two club test I would need a 54° and 58° though. It would be interesting to see if a 54°/58° set can do everything I normally do with a 52°/56°/60° set.Screenshot_20230921_111218_Firefox.jpg.b3efc9dbd8f2788a15816a42af919474.jpg

36 minutes ago, ArizonaLogan said:

I'm not sure why the algorithm chose a 48° wedge for the three club set (I already have a 49° wedge in my iron set), so I think the green section is more of the right selection. For a two club test I would need a 54° and 58° though. It would be interesting to see if a 54°/58° set can do everything I normally do with a 52°/56°/60° set.Screenshot_20230921_111218_Firefox.jpg.b3efc9dbd8f2788a15816a42af919474.jpg

Just to provide a little insight, the 48° is suggested because you put in that your pitching wedge was a 44°. With that in mind, suggesting that your three wedge set be a 52°/56°/60° would leave a massive gap between the 44° and 52°. It has no way of knowing that you have a 49° already. Iron set wedges are counterintuitive in wedge design because the technology that makes your game improvement irons so great is exactly the opposite of what a true scoring wedge should be.

And to get more testers involved, we decided to do four testers with two wedges instead of three testers with three wedges. The intention isn't to replace three wedges with two, but replace two of your wedges with our two so you can do a direct comparison between them. Best of luck, thanks for entering!

I started with the Edison wedges about a year ago, when I needed to replace my Callaway MD4's.  I have been really happy with them so far.  Very consistent and any issues with them are really issues with my game/swing.  I would love to see what has changed with the 2.0 version.  Currently I am playing pw + 3 Edison wedges (49,53,57)  Considering bringing in a fourth to manage the short side of my game with more weapons.  Good luck to all 

Capture.JPG.fd6b51c80af6bba30045b1014f0416b1.JPG

I want to sign up for Edison 2.0 Wedge Testing.

I  play 48 degree AP2, S400, 54 degree Vokey, S200, Tour Velvet Mid-Size, 60 degree Vokey X100, Tour Velvet Mid-Size.

Interested to see Eidolon 2.0's compare with my Vokey set up.

Russell Stevens, Woodinville WA. Our beautiful blue skies will soon be light gray and off and on showers for 7 months.

Would love to give these a try here is my WedgeFit results!

Your matched set of 3 EDISON 2.0 wedges:
49° loft, KBS Tour 110
53° loft, KBS Tour 110
57° loft, KBS Tour 110

Your matched set of 4 EDISON 2.0 wedges:
45° loft, KBS Tour 110
49° loft, KBS Tour 110
53° loft, KBS Tour 110
57° loft, KBS Tour 110

How about a 2-4-1 trial.

I am pretty happy with my lob wedge (Volkey SM8) but have a pair of Tour Edge wedges that don't always thrill me.  Would love to try these before dropping in two replacement Volkeys.

Also, my wife is progressing a bit past her Cobra T-Rail game improvement hybrid/irons (including the SW) and has older gap and lob wedges she struggles with.

We play together probably 2x/week and seperately 1-2 x/week.  

Would love to give the two different perspectives.

I have 4 Edisons for a year now, wife 3 and a playing partner who borrowed a few wedges while we were playing, just ordered some.    Mostly they are straight, especially from funky lies, ugly rough or even hard pan.  All wedges are ok from the fairway, but these are much better everywhere else, so it is a net gain.   Noticeably better than my Vokeys and Mizuno T-20's that are in the basement now.   I really mean they are straight, so all you have to master is distance.  Today I hit the flagstick 3 times in 18 holes; best one had ball mark 10" from the pin.    I am a 13, but my short game is killer, mostly because of Edison wedges.   Very forgiving, slightly lower trajectory but massive spin where I can stop my ball on a dime from 30 yds.   ie, a 1/2 swing still spins wonderfully.   My wife was a pretty terrible wedge player, no spin, low skulled trajectory and awful distance control.  Now she has a 61 degree that looks like it's fired from a mortar, goes 60 yds, and stops dead.   And it is so straight, it transformed her game. (she is 63 with 2 metal hips)  Try them.

I currently play Scratch Wedges.  47, 52, 58  From Wedge Fitting:

47° loft, KBS PGI 80
51° loft, KBS PGI 80
55° loft, KBS PGI 80

47° loft, KBS PGI 80
51° loft, KBS PGI 80
55° loft, KBS PGI 80
59° loft, KBS PGI 8

Shaft Recommendation: KBS PGI 80
Flex Recommendation: Regular
Grip Recommendation: Lamkin Crossline 360 Standard

Length: +.5"    Lie Angle: Standard

For my 2-wedge setup I'd replace my current gap and sand wedge, so the 53 and 57 degree would rock.  I'm happy enough with my PW and AW, which are really the standard set irons with the appropriate lofts.

What I don't like about the KS Wedges is pretty much the standard complaints.   The shafts are too long, can't fully open the bounce, and have very low backspin.  I seem to be able to get the sole opened enough for some higher flop shots, but still am getting 10 yards of roll out on a 30 yard carry.  Maybe I'm just too slow?   Nah, gotta be the gear. 😆

My WedgeFit results are as follows:

Name: Morgan Sackett
Email: <REDACTED>
Male/Female: Male
Where you live: 97211
Your handicap: 21+
Rounds Annually: 41 - 60

What's In Your Bag

Your irons: Game Improvement Design

Custom Fitted: No
Your 9-iron loft: 36.5
Your PW loft: 41
Shaft: Material: Std Weight Steel
Shaft Flex: Regular

What brand of wedges do you currently play?: Kirkland Signature
Your highest loft wedge: 56/57
Your wedge shafts: Standard steel it came with
Your wedges' age: 1 - 3 years

About Your Game

9-iron carry distance: 105-120
Full swing wedges/rd: Less than 3
Trajectories Trend: About right
Misses trend: Long
Spin, full: Not very good
Turf: It varies
Bunker sand texture: Generally rather firm

Your recommended Edison Forged wedges

Click any link to purchase

45° loft, KBS Tour 110
49° loft, KBS Tour 110
53° loft, KBS Tour 110

45° loft, KBS Tour 110
49° loft, KBS Tour 110
53° loft, KBS Tour 110
57° loft, KBS Tour 110

[NOTE: EDISON 2.0 wedges are engineered to odd-number lofts only, but we can deliver even numbered lofts by weakening the lower number, i.e. a "50" loft will actually have "49" on the bottom, but it has been tweaked to 50.]

Shaft Recommendation: KBS Tour 110
Flex Recommendation: Regular
Grip Recommendation: Lamkin Crossline 360 Standard

Terry has been saying a lot and I’m really curious.  I do think ball plays a huge roll (no pun intended).  So, would be useful ensuring people use exactly the same ball while testing.  If I’m the tester, I’ll be using the short game area, the course, and the sim. If I can get the pro to let me use trackman outside then even better. 

Love my Cleveland RTX4s. Tried the RTX6s but went back to the RTX4 based on feel. Hear great things about Edison. As a guy who games 4 wedges in addition to a PW these will have to prove it "in the dirt".

The Edisons are Wedgeylicious...(gotta go trademark that)

Signed up and fingers crossed....Here are my WedgeFit results...

49° loft, KBS Tour 120
53° loft, KBS Tour 120
57° loft, KBS Tour 120

45° loft, KBS Tour 120
49° loft, KBS Tour 120
53° loft, KBS Tour 120
57° loft, KBS Tour 120

[NOTE: EDISON 2.0 wedges are engineered to odd-number lofts only, but we can deliver even numbered lofts by weakening the lower number, i.e. a "50" loft will actually have "49" on the bottom, but it has been tweaked to 50.]

Shaft Recommendation: KBS Tour 120
Flex Recommendation: Stiff
Grip Recommendation: Lamkin Crossline 360 Standard

Length: -.25"    Lie Angle: 2° Flat

This Test is now closed to further comments.