TESTERS WANTED! ×

Testers Announced: Follow Forum Thread: Titleist Blind Ball Test

Testers
Equipment Type: Balls
Vendor: Titleist

Congratulate the following testers:

@Shankster @pooley7 @Jtom2012 @RTurcott @gregh729 @Gman24 @TCUFrog @wolfpacker92 @fozcycle @griecot313 @Mackdaddy9 @Tom D. @Peejer @Larryw @greggarner @scooterhd2 @twyatt700 @Clayton @BMart519 @myherobobhope @ZMendle10 @PingMD702 @GaDawg @McFly

This test will be a significantly different and there will NOT be much follow up or final review since...well...the testers won't know what product they are reviewing. However, all comments and questions are welcome for the testers to answer as best they can!

Follow testers in thread linked below:

testerswanted_titleistprototype_ftr-alt.jpg

This test will be conducted by Titleist and their partners, however we are helping them find the right amount of testers - yes, you read that right, all 24 of them!!

You will receive and be evaluating two different balls from Titleist (1-doz of each variety) and providing feedback directly to them about the performance of each ball. While this is not a development ball, you will be shipped a ball from their portfolio to evaluate its performance to your game...which could feed into future balls 😉

2 Comments

Would love to be included in the test. As an older player(67) with a 2.5hcp, I might represent a smaller part of the targeted golf community but have been playing for years and feel like I am in touch with equipment trends. Think I could give an experienced, honest and insightful review of the 2 balls included in the blind test.  

11 hours ago, danpt1up said:

Would love to be included in the test. As an older player(67) with a 2.5hcp, I might represent a smaller part of the targeted golf community but have been playing for years and feel like I am in touch with equipment trends. Think I could give an experienced, honest and insightful review of the 2 balls included in the blind test.  

Unfortunately this test is from last year and testers have been announced as well as reviews completed!

Feel free to do your own unofficial review or read the ones that have already been done as well as check out the forum every so often for other new opportunities! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

219 Comments

I'm super stoked about this. In my testing of ProV1 vs ProV1x, it totally came down to how I was swinging it that day and what I preferred. One day, ProV1 was clearly the better ball. Another day, the X was marginally better.

I'll start on green grass with absolutely no monitors or anything and make some notes but then I'll see if I can get on my buddy's GC Quad to actually tease apart what's going on here.

On 6/16/2021 at 7:56 AM, ziggity15 said:

How much do you think what ball you currently play will go into the tester selection process?

My current ball is the Srixon Z Star XV. Could be completely random for all I know, but I'd think handicap and current ball would have some role in the selection process. 

Wow,  Honored and excited to be a part of this test.  What is the process from here forward?  When it is over can we find out which ball we tested?

1 hour ago, Mackdaddy9 said:

Wow,  Honored and excited to be a part of this test.  What is the process from here forward?  When it is over can we find out which ball we tested?

Sounds like the plan is to wait for the balls and instructions from Titleist's data collection partner. Who knows that they will send? Instructions, questionnaires, testing procedures? Just have to wait and see what they ask of us.

I'm excited to participate in this ball test.  I love urethane cover Titleist balls.  I also feel like I can tell the difference between hard, soft, etc when it comes to iron, wood, and putter impact.  So I guess this will be where I get to find out if that is true!!!

Congrats testers. I would love to have done this but the courses that I play have been so busy since the start of COVID that there’s almost no way to be hitting two shots on holes. 

I’m wondering if Titleist will tell you what the balls were, later. 

Thank you for the opportunity! I am beyond excited to see how this ball plays in the desert! Congratulations to my fellow testers!

This one will be cool to follow along - anyone know if the testers will get the balls labeled the same (ie box 1 for tester A is the same as box 1 for tester B)? If not it’ll be interesting to see if they can determine which balls they have are the same based on their descriptions of how the balls feel and perform. 

Cool! My brother did this a few years ago for Titleist. I believe he signed up directly through their website. Will be neat to see the results.

Very excited to be a tester for this... I've run the gamut on balls the past few years, and like to try different things. 

Recently, I've gone through:

Snell MTB Black and X (prefer the X)

Bridgestone B X

Titleist AVX

Kirkland Signature

TM TP5x

My "go to" gamer is the B X, but I'll often play cheaper balls, because they are cheaper.

I'm a 7 handicap and working hard to drop that. I injured my back last season and was away from golf from early August to March of this year. I am now fully recovered and swinging away... My club head speed gets up to 115mph, and I've been trying to work on it (without hurting my back again). I'm also a big fan of the DECADE system, so my priority for a golf ball is basically distance, as long as it doesn't kill me elsewhere. My preference for feel is a harder golf ball, but I don't mind the feel of any of the balls listed above... I actually bought the AVX on a whim, as I thought they might go farther without costing me around the greens. My first round with them was good, but I can't draw any real conclusions... 

I'm working on a swing change (not overhaul, just a more outside takeaway to get me more inside on delivery) and finally feeling comfortable with it... I've hit some bombs with the new swing, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how it performs. 

I have high club head speed and a tendency to be outside to in, thus I generate a ton of spin. I'm ALWAYS looking to kill spin. The Kirklands spin too much, but they are too cheap for me to complain... as I've cleaned up my path, the spin has become more manageable, but my preference is ALWAYS for less spin. We will see if that changes as my swing changes get more ingrained.... I've never hit something and thought it was too low spin...

Around the greens, I don't rely on spin to stop the ball a ton... My course has very thick rough around the greens, so most recovery shots aren't going to spin regardless of what I do... I'm a Sieckmann disciple (he'd probably excommunicate me, so don't tell him) and have a decent short game. I can hit a number of different shots around the green and into the green... I'm actively working on the low, spinning 50 yard wedge swing... it's a process right now... Need to grind some more time on it, but maybe the new ball will help me?

Short of a rock, I'm willing to putt with anything. I've been grinding my putting, but haven't noticed a significant difference with different balls... 

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have! I'm excited to try the ball, and looking forward to smashing some down the fairway... 

Congrats everyone - was hoping I would be picked.  Will continue to game the ball of the day for me (whichever OPB happens in my hand).  Will be a good read on what folks "see" in the balls from tee to green and beyond.