Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,333 signups
Equipment Type: Wedges
Vendor: PING

TW-s159.jpg

It has been a few years, but we are very happy to have PING golf clubs back as part of our Forum Member Testing! The PING s159 are the newest wedges from PING; however, it is not just new wedges that PING is excited about for this testing opportunity. They have also released their new WebFit App that aims to simplify the often confusing wedge grind dilemma.

s159 grinds.jpg

PING s159 Wedge Features:

The s159 wedges are now offered in six different grind options, with two brand new grinds introduced for this series (the B and H grinds). As PING worked closely with their tour professionals on an updated design and look which would appeal to more golfers.

PING has included their Friction Face that combines face blast and their optimized precision-milled grooves for what they claim is "the launch and spin control to play score-lowering shots from every distance." Add in appropriately spaced MicroMax grooves depending on the loft; these wedges are packed full of technology.

All of their loft and grind combinations have been made available in two different finishes: The Hydropearl 2.0 Chrome and Midnight.

s159 hovland.jpg

The WebFit Wedge App:

A simple step-by-step questionnaire based on what their wedge experts use to identify the best grinds and options for their tour pros, the WebFit app aims to simplify and find the best grinds and lofts for your game.
The entire process takes only a few minutes and provides several options that best suit your answers, making the choice of knowing what grind should work for you a whole lot simpler!

WedgeApp.jpg

About The Testing Opportunity:

Four golfers will be selected to test, review, and keep a set of PING s159 wedges. Testers will go through the new PING WebFit Wedge App and then discuss their recommended specifications with a PING representative to dial in their specifications.

Sound like a test you want to be a part of?

s159 bunker.jpg
*Testing opportunity is open to golfers worldwide. 
*Registration ends Mar. 13
*Testers will be announced on the Forum Mar. 19
*Applicants must be a registered Forum member to be selected and provide a screenshot of their PING WebFit Wedge App results in the comments below!

s159 approach.jpg

400 Comments

Yep.... 

Would love a shot at testing these. Did the vokey profile before changing out my wedges last time around...... NOPE. Completely wrong 58 grind for my game. Hated everything about it around the greens. Just no confidence. Switched it out for a cleveland and immediately felt better. This PING H grind looks like it is exactly what I need.

IMG_8303.PNG

I've been a long time ping player - full bag Driver to putter.  Bring back the ping balls!! Irons were ping eye 2s as a junior and s59 irons/tour wedges as an adult.  Would love to test the new s159s. 

Screenshot_20240309_110136_Chrome.jpg.56ca16ac60427f2ab7cb86cf57272d53.jpgScreenshot_20240309_110149_Chrome.jpg.983ca3d0ad3de0db2bfede9eca40947a.jpgScreenshot_20240309_102146_Chrome2.jpg.b9b17b9d3cbede644e60ff9700749ad1.jpg

Would love to give these wedges a run, have listened to the Ping Proving Grounds podcast about these wedges. Want to see if the spin lives up to the hype. High school golf coach would be interested in putting them in my players hands to get their thoughts too!!

596B67B6-C651-4F85-BB98-D49F838341BD.png

These would be the only wedge this year to make me look away from my current wedges I feel. Would be a delight to add them to my bag of ping i230’s

IMG_4730.png

Thanks MyGolfSpy for another awesome opportunity.

Would love to be a part of this wedge test.  It's the one area of my game where I'm still searching for the right weapons.  I've most recently been in Mizuno S56 and currently in Edel SMS wedges.  Really like them, but not sure they're perfect for me.  Would love to put the S159's through their paces.

My preference is Midnight!

Thanks!

WedgeFit 1.PNG

WedgeFit 3.PNG

WedgeFit 2.PNG

Wow! Not only about this test opportunity from Ping but I'm actually using my phone to send this comment.  I will admit MGS has forced me to learn more about tech than I've ever used before. Good luck you all on this test

I don't have ready access to any tech gagets to actually test numbers so I'm interestd in how you "feel" folks will develop test parameters. Good luck all. Waiting to read your results

These look amazing! Been looking to get new wedges for a few months and the Ping Glides have been on my list as generally playing in the PNW is on wet courses. 

The information available in the online fitting tool is awesome! Good luck to all entrants!

Screen Shot 2024-03-09 at 9.29.17 AM.png

Wedge fanatic!  Looking forward to seeing these results and my fingers are crossed hoping to be selected as a tester.  I thrive on my short game in the 25-45 yard James Seickmann flop.  I usually replace my wedges annually to get the most out of the clubs. 

IMG_2303.png

IMG_2304.png

IMG_2305.png

I hope I can receive an opportunity to try these out. It is the time of year to start the season out right with some new wedges. I've dedicated nearly 90% of my practice to wedges. 

Screenshot_20240309-134115.png

Screenshot_20240309-134056.png

This Test is now closed to further comments.