Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,651 signups
Equipment Type: Sun Glasses
Vendor: Sundogs

Testers Wanted!

IMG_9293_1600x.webp

About Sundog Eyewear:

A Calgary-based company founded in 1983, Sundog is dedicated to providing high-quality, performance-driven sunglasses for athletes and outdoor enthusiasts. Sundog has a focus on superior protection, clarity, and comfort. Their products are designed to meet the unique needs of golfers, runners, and cyclists, as well as those who enjoy other outdoor activities.

What Makes Sundogs Different?

Sundogs work to advance their technologies and materials in their eyewear. This is highlighted by their proprietary TrueBlue and Polarized lenses. These lenses "reduce glare and provide crystal-clear vision, allowing you to see more clearly and comfortably in bright sunlight."

Sundog History:

With over 40 years of experience in the industry, Sundog has earned a reputation for excellence in design, innovation, and customer service. Its products are sold worldwide, and the company continues to expand its reach while staying true to its core values of performance, quality, and innovation.

135411-billy-83-main_0a27e061-a79b-4b09-847e-a55384cbaaea_700x.webp

Straight From Sundogs: Introducing TrueBlue

"Sundog's latest innovation is TrueBlue, a lens technology that provides enhanced visual clarity and color contrast, making it easier to see and track objects in bright sunlight. With TrueBlue, you'll experience a whole new level of visual performance and protection, allowing you to perform your best in any outdoor activity."

137430-axe-main_5fadcd41-9f41-4f22-b66d-c34930f49799_700x.webp

What’s Being Tested?

For this testing opportunity, we will need six golfers to test, review, and keep the newly released Sundogs eyewear! Selected testers will receive two pairs of Sundogs eyewear with the choice of several models. One pair will include the TrueBlue Polarized Plus lenses, while the other will be non-polarized to help compare and contrast the difference between the two lenses. Sundogs has a long history and reputation, and we want you to put these new innovations to the test! These options will include the ACE, BILL 83, and GENIUS Sundog models.

162423-ellwood-52-front_500x.webp

*Must be a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member to be selected
*Open to golfers in North America
*Registration closes Mar. 15
*Testers announced on the Forum Mar. 19

117 Comments

8 minutes ago, MEstep said:

I’ve been a sunglass snob for quite some time. I have only owned Oakleys and would be hard to sell on something other than them. Currently have two pair that I rotate depending on the light I will experience or if I’m playing golf. Red lenses help me see the red ball I play. Lens quality and build quality of the frames have been hard to match. Maybe Sundogs can have something close. 

I could not agree with you more. 

Very interested in this. Have used Costa del Mar glasses for fishing for years but found golf balls harder to find with them. Found some Oakley glasses last year non polarized that are much better. Wondering if it is the tint or the polarization that makes a difference. After lasic surgery I am more sensitive to very bright light so sunglasses are a must. Good luck to all. 

I'm a little hesitant to sign up as I feel like a heel due to my last test failure. I feel I let this entire forum down, The mods know the story. If chosen, that will never happen again, If not I totally understand. 

I wear sunglasses almost everyday as I drive a lot for work, and I always have a pair when I golf. I tend to go thru a couple pairs a year for one reason or another. I drop and scratch them, loose them or forget them in my bag and they break. 

For me it's tough to find good wearing, durable sunglasses for golf. I've been using the Shaydon glasses and they are pretty good. I'm the guy who takes his glasses off to putt. Shaydon says keep them on. It all depends on the day for me. 

Good Luck to all those who are chosen. I am looking forward to your reviews. 

Most of my golf happens when the sun is setting for the night. My eyes are quite sensitive to sunlight so I need to wear sunglasses when I play. I currently have a pair of polarized oakleys that need to be upgraded. Many of the tees in our mens league are staring right into the sun so these would be great to test and see the vision difference a high quality brand of polarized sunglasses can make. 

In fact, I just got both eyes cataract treated in December.  I'm looking into several sunglass solutions as I no longer wear any Transitions spectacles.  These are really nicely priced.  I'm amazed at how much one is expected to pay for sunglasses.

Just had cataract surgery and really need sunglasses!  I spend some of the early spring in LasVegas where my daughter lives and the other time in Kansas.  Dr. recommended sunglasses!  The Billy 83 would be perfect.  Couldn’t find the Genius the web site, so I don’t know the style.  Anyway Billy 83, would be my choice.

4 hours ago, "Mr. 72" said:

I bought a pair of Sundogs MANY years ago. Loved them! Great value. Less glare than the several pairs of Oakleys that I own. They just don't hug the hat like Oakleys do.  ...Unfortunately, none of them are any good to me. My old eyes need prescription lenses. 🙈

Would love to test them, but I also wear prescription bifocal lenses and they include transition lenses in grey. which are fantastic.  The VA does a good job ensuring my eyes are well protected from the sun rays.    

I'm definitely in on this one. I've used Sundog sunglasses for at least the last 7 years. Never had a bad style and they seem to last pretty well. Never pulled the trigger on a True-blue style though, so I'm hoping I get a chance to try the Stack model. 

I hope to be selected! I have had a pterygium removed in my left eye twice several years ago.

I also have Keratoconus in both eyes, and I have to wear expensive Scleral contact lens.

I always wear sunglasses

Good luck to all.  I bought some Oakley's with "golf" lenses a few years ago and did notice some difference, but not enough to overly impress.  And they weren't polarized.  Some have said that polarization can cause the eye to mis-perceive shadows and light gradations, and hence not appropriate for a golf sunglass.  Be interesting to find out if the "True Blue" takes care of this possible issue.

This Test is now closed to further comments.