Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,787 signups
Equipment Type: Shot Tracking System
Vendor: Shot SCope

Testers Wanted!

TW-SS-Feature.jpg

The MyGolfSpy Forum is thrilled to introduce a new Shot Scope product to the community for member testing. Shot Scope has just released their V5, the next evolution of their most popular tracking series. It's not often we receive products this close to release, and with many people curious about the new V5 from Shot Scope, we need testers to help inform golfers worldwide about their purchases.

What's New in the Shot Scope V5?

The Shot Scope V5 comes with full-hole maps to provide golfers with a clear picture of the hole they are about to play. This added feature aims to enhance the user experience by displaying greens, hazards, doglegs, and ideal layup areas.

Shot Scope V5 also includes 15 tracking tags that screw into the end of each club for shot-by-shot tracking and post-round in-depth analysis of your game.

Other features include five color themes allowing you to customize your watch, a built-in scorecard, green view, and pin placement.

Finally, Shot Scope offers their performance tracking dashboard and game analysis, all with no subscription costs.

ShotScope2.jpg

What Is Being Tested?

We are looking for four golfers to test, review, and keep a Shot Scope V5 watch and tracking system. We want to understand how these new features perform, how the new watch feels, and your overall thoughts on the entire Shot Scope package.

Do you think this testing opportunity is for you? Do you believe your game could be improved by using the Shot Scope V5?

ShotScope2 (2).jpg

*Open to all golfers worldwide.

*Must be a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member to be selected.

*Registration ends on April 25.

*Testers will be announced on the Forum on April 30.

221 Comments

I currently use the Garmin Approach S40 along with the Garmin CT10 sensors.  Experience a number of issues that lead to frustration on the course and looking for a new solution.  The watch often fails to recognize my course and will reset in the middle of my round and I lose all my data for the round.  In addition, I find the watch hard to navigate to get distances to bunkers, water, etc.  Also have problems with sensors that I assign to club and then when go out to play, get a message on the watch that certain sensors not assigned.  Garmin golf app also leaves a lot to be desired regarding data points and lack of enhancements by Garmin to improve.

I would love to test the Shot Scope V5 (considered Shot Scope brand when bought the Approach S40).  Read the My Golf Spy review on V5 when it was published and was considering it but have spent a lot on the Garmin products so reluctant.  This is perfect opportunity for me and my game needs it!

Would be excited to be a tester for the first time and share information with the community.

This is an opportunity for me to compare Arccos, which I use, to Shot Scope. Arccos works well, but I need my phone to check yardages and results. Would be nice to have a watch that does the job.

Interested to see where this stands against the Garmin products and the GHIN app I use, another awesome opportunity.

I currently have a Garmin 40, but it doesn't do any tracking.  Between my Garmin and a laser range finder, I think I am missing out on keeping stats that would come in handy for shot/club selection.  I'd love to give this a try!

Current satisfied Arccos user, very curious about other options. Not a fan of wearing a watch on the course but would love to compare ShotScope to Arccos. I work at a golf course and play 2-3 times per week. I am a huge fan of data and working on my game. 

Been an Arccos use for the past 3 years. Canceled this year due to the rising subscription fees and opted to getting a Bushnell V6 Slope instead. Figured swearing off Arccos for 2 years will pay for it. Anyways, I have always been intrigued by Shot Scope, but have been detracted as an Apple Watch user. I feel like their customer feedback is top notch. I feel like what I've seen from other users, their displayed analytics appear to be easier to put into practice than Arcoss. I absolutely love the My Strategy feature in the app, it's a gamechanger, and would love to be able to use it with actual dispersion plots + numbers, verses generic inputs. Good luck to all who are selected!

Right now I'm using the TaylorMade app on my watch. They've recently removed a lot of the data that was once available. I can no longer edit shots or see specific shot details. 

I'd love to see how this compares and what data it can provide to better my game.

Thanks for the opportunity.

As I stated in another thread this am, I had the Garmin s62 for a couple years, and used it every round.  It died, and was past the warranty.  The rep was good enough to say send it back and we'll send you a refurbished unit.  Once that arrived, it worked for 2 rounds and died....  So probably will never go back to Garmin.  A huge expense for the watch to last only 2 years.

So looking for another tracker.  Would love to test this out for you guys!

I am currently using a Garmin Vivoactive for my golf tracking device through the Garmin golf app.   I have been looking around for a better shot tracking system and have looked at the Garmin Approach CT and the Arcos system.   I am leaning towards the Garmin Approach CT as their system does not require a subscription fee.   I recently bought a set off TM P790s and PXG Gen 5 Driver and Hybrids and Gen 6 3 wood and want to dial in my distances with my new clubs.  Hope you select me to try.

I have never had a watch to track yardage before.  I use Bushnell and shot yardage. This would be a honor to try this and I would be very grateful for opportunity to use this.  I see guys all the time on couse and they seem to live them.  

Thank you for your consideration 

Rich

What a great test! This is already on the top of my list for a Father's Day gift. (fingers crossed)

I've been really wanting to start tracking my strokes gained, but I'm hesitant to get locked into a platform that requires a subscription to function.

Tracking my basic stats (I've been using Grint) has really fallen flat for me. I'll think I'll have an area pinned as my primary weakness then golf will go ahead and prove my ill formed hypothesis incorrect (or at least incomplete) and I'll still shoot a similar score. I'm a bit of a data nerd, but I haven't found a good, useful way to track anything on my own that wouldn't likely result in me taking an excessive amount of time on every shot. Shot Scope should solve that for me. 

Good luck to the testers

Been looking into a bunch of GPS watches lately. Currently I just use 18birdies, which does okay, but would love something more accurate.

Currently using the Golfshot app but want to delve deeper into my stats/game. Im ready to truly become a golf nerd and no one can stop me 🤪

Currently using the Grint app on the phone to track distances and yardage on my apple watch. Although not all the features are free on the app, since they require a subscription play. This would be a game changer since I don't have to pay a monthly fee. Would love to compare the differences/similarities and share. 

Simple - I have tried every other golf app tracker on my Apple Watch and there is always lag.  Also, without the iphone nearby, those apps on the apple watch are not always accurate as it depends on cell coverage.

There has got to be something better.   Thanks

Have a Bushnell Wingman and range finder but lugging them around and leaving them stuck to cart happens too frequently. Have never tried a watch but seems like the time has come. I hear great things about accuracy and graphics, so why not. 

I'd love to give it a go. My Garmin seems to be losing the plot and starts plotting me as if I'm somewhere in-between the 1st tee and the moon

On 4/20/2024 at 2:33 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Want to really get involved and increase your chance at being a tester? What Shot Tracking System Do You Use?

Also Tell Us Why You Should Be A Tester?

I currently use the basic Garmin Approach S10 which has been helpful for sure. But the technology on some of these newer watches in pretty remarkable. I think the ShotScopeV5 is the perfect next step as it has better tech, tracks steps, but isn't as enhanced as the Garmin S70.

I think I would be a great tester, specifically for this product, because I understand the detail that others would want to learn about before making a purchase. How does it feel on the wrist during shotes (drives, chips, approach, putts, etc.). Does it feel weird if it is hot and there is sweat, how hard are the buttons to push, etc. I am very detailed when reading reviews before purchasing something, and would like to provide others with that insight to hopefully help.

This Test is now closed to further comments.