Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,452 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Balls
Vendor: Volvik

TWVolvikFeaure.jpg

Known for their bright colors and matte-finish golf balls, Volvik has released their new “tour-level” golf balls, the Volvik Condor series. The Condor and Condor X aim to compete with other top-end balls at a more competitive price.

TWVolvik3.jpg

About Volvik

Volvik is a Korean company founded in 1980. “Volvik” stands for "Fly to Victory," with "Vol" in "volare" meaning "to fly" in Italian, taking "Vi" from "victory" and then combining that with the "K" from Korea to create the mashup name Volvik. They own their own R&D center and two golf ball manufacturing facilities, where they make ionomer-covered golf balls and, soon, urethane balls. It wasn’t until 2012 that Volvik expanded into the U.S. market through a joint venture. 

Now they have a wholly owned U.S. division which could be considered a relaunch of the brand in the U.S. Volvik has the second-largest golf ball market share in Korea and exports to more than 50 countries. They hope to gain further traction in the U.S. market with their new balls and matte finish technology.

TWVolvik3.jpg

The Testing Opportunity

We are looking for nine golfers to test, review and keep two dozen golf balls from Volvik's lineup. We will select three golfers each to test the Condor X, Condor and XT Soft golf balls.

The Volvik Condor is a three-piece, urethane-covered ball that Volvik classifies as high speed and low spin with softer feel and longer distance.

The Volvik Condor X is a four-piece ball with a Dual White Carbon urethane cover which they say offers enhanced feel, high speed, high rebound and maximum distance.

Both Condor balls are available only in white.

The Volvik XT Soft is a three-piece urethane ball. The XT Soft claims softer feel and longer distance along with maximum short game spin, control, and durability. It features the V-Focus alignment and is available in white or yellow.

We want our selected testers to see how these stack up against their current golf balls and provide feedback on their performance on the course.

TWVolvik4.jpg

Think you are up for testing?

*Registration closes May 30.

*Testers will be announced on the Forum on June 4.

*This opportunity is open to all MyGolfSpy Forum members.

TWVolvik2.jpg

71 Comments

I have been a Maxfli Tour X honk for a couple years now. However, I was able to try out some of the New Titlest AVXs & Bridgestone Tour B RXs (loved them). Makes me curious to see what else is out there from brands I might be missing. Thanks for yet again another great opportunity. 

My dad has always loved playing volviks. I always thought about giving them a try but never got around to it! Hoping to get my hands on these and give them a go!

Okay, golfball’s… It stays the biggest no-go in my game.. Putting down 1000 of euro’s voor clubs is a no brainer BUT a few for a ball… I have to think 10x…

I know…. I know…

Interesting opportunity and always interested in reading about other golf balls that can give similar results as those that are just stupid expensive. Good luck all

Have a few favorite balls atm. I haven’t played Volvik before, but these I would love to try.

Used Volvik some time ago. I play 18 a couple of days per week so I could give them a quick test. 

Very curious to see how these stack up, especially with a ProV1 and the new TaylorMades. Performance is important but at the prices for the higher end balls, getting close for a better value would be exciting!

I live in Naples Florida and will be testing these balls at places like the Tiburon, Olde Cypress and the likes.  Expanded choices here with pga golf pass. 59 yr old bogey tester at premium  courses with the XT soft should be perfect. 

Never tried Volvik, but would live the opportunity. It looks like they have good reviews from the people who have tried them on here. 

I have shot with Callaway for the last few years. I received a set of Bridgestone B X balls and have been enjoying them. Volvik has been on my radar but I haven't heard much about them until now. Hopefully there if I am a tester or not, I will get some good feedback about them. 

Have tried all sorts of brands over the past few years (Pro-V, Srixon, Bridgestone BX-S, Vice, Snell, etc) and overall I've found the Bridgestone balls to be more consistently durable and perform better than the other brands on all but the firmest of conditions.

Would love to add to the brand comparisons.

Always looking for an excuse to play something a little different from the rest of the field.  It'll be interesting to see how the Condor performs vs the big brands.

I worked at Bandon Dunes for 3+ years in the past.  During my time as a Part-time Starter/Ranger I found hundreds of Golf balls, which offered the opportunity to try a wide range of brands I more than likely would never had purchased.  I have used Volvik balls a number of times which performed well.  I would find it interesting to see how he brand has evolved technologically and in performance.  I prefer Yellow and softer balls as irons, the short game and putting are my strengths at this point in life.  Good Luck to all testing candidates! 

I would love to try the soft cover, low spin ball to see how it compares with Titleist AVX, a ball I currently play in addition to the ProV1.  I want to use those low spinning balls to full effect before the low spinners become illegal!! I've used Volvik balls in the past, although I've never seen a white ball by them before.

My son loves the brightly colored Volvik's and plays them a lot, he plays the executive par 3 course a ton so they are pretty decent for that. Would be interested in seeing how they do on the full course.  

I've certainly found a few Volvik balls but have never personally played one. Eager to try them out as I'm always interested in helping out my game. Thanks!! 

Still finding difficulty sticking to a golf ball that suits my game. Would love to test these out. 

It's funny that I saw this test today. I played a round yesterday with my workmates friday comp and found a Volvik ball while looking for mine, No-one else around so I picked it up and played with it on the next hole, it lasted the 6 holes to finish the match. It was a great ball, quite energetic, springy, good distance and straight and a nice feel putting. I was actually talking to my team mate about it. Was like a cross between the firmness of a pro v1, and the softness and forgiveness of a callaway supersoft. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.