Distance
Feel
Forgiveness
Looks
On-Course Performance
Overall
Equipment Type: Irons
Vendor: Titleist

TESTERS ANNOUNCED - New 2021 T-Series Irons!

Congrats to our newest testers!
@ncwoz - T100

@ChiefMikeOfficer - T100S

@juspoole - T100S

@MDGolfHacker - T200

@GolfSpy_THV - T200

@Nolan220 - T300

Special Guest Reviewer! @Nunfa0who is bringing his own set to the review process.

T Series Line up.jpg

New for 2021, the Titleist T-series Irons, already the most used iron series on the PGA tour, have been reworked and improved to deliver the max performance for your game! You will get a full set of custom clubs setup for your game and you get to KEEP THEM! We need your honest feedback about their performance for the "everyman" and are looking for 5 dedicated testers to try out the T100, T100S, T200, and T300 clubs. 

Curious what all the hype is about? Check the out the recent article from Tony over at the blog to learn more and figure out which iron might be the best for you: https://mygolfspy.com/titleist-t-series-irons-and-u505-utility-iron/ *note: this test does not include the new U505's.

Specifics:

• 5 Testers Needed
  • RH & LH welcome
  • US only
  • Fitting Recommended - but be fast!

Hit that signup button above to enter for your chance to be selected as a tester!

Looks
Feel
Forgiveness
Distance
On-Course Performance
Overall

Final Review

After a little over a month of testing, I feel confident that I have put these irons through a full run through.  With 7 rounds and a lot of range sessions, I played as much as I could throughout the process to give you all the best feedback.  These irons were fantastic and a joy to hit. Crisp feel with dynamite looks in a forgiving player’s package.  I would give this 4.5 Stars if I could. 

I’ll apologize now for how often I bring up my Mizunos during the test, but I felt they were a terrific comparison to the type of irons these are.   I did a bit of a hybrid with the new and old scoring system in an effort to be more thorough. 

Reminder of my set make up (similar to @chiefmikeofficer)

T200 Utility Build (Graphite Design AD IZ 85X)

T100 – S   5 – GW (KBS Tour 130 X)

Looks (5/5) 

Describe the following:

Coloring / Graphics

·        Subtle looks, but eye popping.  I do not remember having this many people come up to my bag and take a look at my irons. The finish does not scream out “look at me” but there is something about them, which draws attention. 

·        They really do remind me of the AP2’s of old, you can still see that DNA in there.  Also, as you saw the shape and size is very close to the split cavity Mizuno irons. 

·        Shape is exactly what I would look for, the top line is great and it flows so well overall.  During a few of my side by side experiments, the Mizuno irons looked clunky and nowhere near as pleasing as the T100-S.

·        I know it shouldn’t matter as long as you are playing the best equipment for your game, but as with the Mizuno’s, with Titleist, you are proud to answer the question “what irons do you play?”.  Take that for what it’s worth, but they definitely make an impression when you see them in the bag that you are a good player.  Performance on the course is up to you, but you will certainly look the part.  I had more glances and people ask about these irons than anything else I’ve played.  It’s just surprising because they are definitely not flashy.

I wanted to add a few more recent photos so that you could see how they look after a bit of use and the wear patterns thus far.  Obviously only has been a short time

image.png.933406cb79c7806bf30fdf6a6ebd1994.png image.png.0579d1df4475ebbb419ca0d43c2baba9.png

image.png.38d00533ebbdd9be4ee07125c9575373.pngimage.png.30d9dd5fbdd2f4d0ecb55e230873d212.png

Feel (4/5

Describe how the iron sounds and feels

How is the weight? Balance? Can you feel the clubhead in your swing?

• I feel a bit more weight in the club head in the Titleist than I do with the Mizunos.  I prefer this feeling overall, but with it being a change, there are still some adjustments to be made.  I can actually take a smoother swing and have the feeling that the club is doing the work.

Feel off the face

·        The million dollar question when it comes to a forged iron.  I can tell you, I do get the feedback that I’m looking for as to whether I’ve made a good strike or not. That is certainly an important aspect.  However, the feel is a bit “dead” when I compare to Mizuno.  To give another reference, they feel extremely similar to the latest Callaway X Forged CB irons and Srixon ZX7 if anyone has tried out those. The T200 4 iron is a rocket launcher with a bit of a hollow feel but not awful.  A bit better than the Srixon ZX for feedback.

Forgiveness (5/5)

·        Very good.  I think one reason that my scores have been very solid with these irons is that I am flying the ball to my yardage almost every time on mishits.   I can swing confidently even though the topline and looks are a players shape.  Honestly, a 15 handicap could play these with ease in my opinion if you want more feel.  The T200 definitely does provide more in this category, but it really just depends what you are looking for.  Do you want even more added distance and more forgiveness with a larger profile, or do you want just a tiny bit less of both, but added feel and a players shape?  You’ll have to decide on that one. 

Distance (5/5)

• Nearly a club longer!  A little bit less than that on the shorter clubs, but on 8 iron down to 5 iron, I’ve noticed the difference.  The T200 can hit some bombs.  I know the averages were only about a club longer with this one, but if I had to had one 250, I feel like I could do it with this 4 iron.  Just crazy long.
  • Ball Speed definitely has increased.  I would say by around 4 mph on average with many clubs.  Distance mirrors that to around a club longer.  Launch angle is a touch higher, but the total height and descent angle are much better numbers.  Dispersion however, has gotten a bit worse.  Just bringing a few more pulls and draws into the mix when I usually do not have to worry much about that miss.  On the flip side, I do not think that I’ve had a fade miss, so I’m still just missing on one side of the course, which is good.

Pressure –

• Tough to answer – I still feel like I’m grooving my swing with these.  At this exact moment in time (September 30, 2021) it is probably a toss-up, but just give the slight edge to the mizunos because of accuracy.  However, that is changing more and more with each practice session and round with the Titleist. 

Trajectory –

• I know I’ve gotten into this, but definitely noticed a higher ball flight.  I think this was due to both a less tip stiff shaft as well as all of the tungsten in this club.  If you have trouble getting the ball up in the air, I think the T series will assist with that.

Accuracy –

• Still a work in progress.  I think a combination of the clubs being a tad more upright and the different shafts are taking a bit of getting used to.  I think it will correct itself.  It has honestly helped me to feel like a can take a smoother swing and still increase my distance, which I don’t hate.  Also, workability is not quite as easy as I find with the Mizunos.  Possibly from the extra tungsten?  I’m not sure.  But I do find it easier with my previous set.

On-Course / LM Performance (4.5 out of 5)

·        I would say that I hit a few less greens than normal, but on the flip side, it seemed like when I did groove a nice swing, I was giving myself a 12 foot or less birdie chance more often than I remember this summer.  I dropped from 11.8 to 11.2 on average over the last 6 rounds with each.  Granted I have been playing well during this time frame, but I had a couple real chances to break par and I cannot say that I’ve had that this summer.  I recently played in an annual outing that I’ve been playing in for the past 5 years.  I had my best score to date with the T100-S by several strokes and much was because of iron play.  Turf interaction was also very good, it seemed to glide through on divots if that makes sense. 

Did it help improve your scores? By how much?

·        I must admit, part of the scoring coincides with adding a new putter to the bag and getting along well with it.  But, my highest score with these irons was a 77.  That definitely beats my mizunos, some of that has to do with off the tee performance and not having as many penalty shots lately.   

·        I played 9 holes with both sets and hit iron off the tee except for the par 5’s.  I ended up shooting even par with both.  However, I had a birdie and 3 putt bogey with the Titleist and overall would say, I had less club into every green by one or two clubs each time.  However, I feel like I control my old clubs slightly better because I hit a slight fade with them rather than a draw.  But I’m now to the point where my misses are still catching the green.  With the added distance across all of the irons, I still felt confident only hitting 4 iron from the tee.  This could help in future rounds and playing smarter and less risky shots off the tee.

·        Below are some stats from several irons.  Note that Ball Speed is up, as well as carry and angle of descent with each iron.  I might shy some low spin players from these, but a shaft could help with that and the height will still help you hold greens.

image.png.97ba26427a6d19b17f9bb74cf163e43b.png

Overall (4.5/5)

·        I think in the grand scheme of things, these irons allow me to play better.  More trust is still necessary as I move forward.  I have to believe that with a smooth swing, I will still be able to hit the distance that these irons have shown thus far.  On the course, I’ll still have the feeling that I need to swing out of my shoes to get my 6 iron 203 or whatever it may be.

·        I really enjoyed my previous irons more than anything I’ve had before by a mile.  These surpassed several aspects of them because they really are that good.  I will miss the feel of my Mizunos to some extent, but it quickly washes away when I see the towering ball flight, great top line and extra distance the Titleist T100-S provide without swinging out of my shoes. As I grow more comfortable with these irons, they will help me play better golf – simple as that. 

I have hit some other irons like the ZX7 and the Apex TCB, which did remind me of these.  I think there are a lot of good options out there, but these seem to be a cut above with all factors in mind.

Now, if I could tame my driver and have one less hazard per round, I’d be on to something.  Oh and a few less 3 putts would be nice, while we’re at it.

Thanks again to MGS and Titleist for choosing me to participate in this test.

First Impressions

Wow are these things clean. The lines are great on them. One of my biggest pet peeves was the large topline on some of my Mizuno irons and these alleviate that.  I am in no way a photographer, so please excuse the poor lighting and quality. 

image.png.f47b1bec289eb6e1d629ceb5b1ee1cf5.png

image.png.2d1708095d53c74828b0910b05cee896.png

image.png.99551afa17ec782169e6b1d1eb9fc31e.png

Specs if anyone is curious - Not picture below but the 4 iron is a T200 with Graphite Design IZ 85 X flex shaft

image.png.ce7ac71b65511589c106b43b9b73e0a9.png

Feel

Not quite as buttery soft as my Mizunos.  Not harsh by any means, but I don’t get quite as amazing of feel by really flushing one.  On the flipside, with a bit of a mishit, feels much better in the hands.  No worries in the cold this season for me (well still some worry, but not as bad).  Still getting used to them so more on this throughout the test.

Looks

Really like the satin finish of the T100-S, but if I’m honest, I think I prefer the chrome look of the T200 in the 4 iron a bit more.  More to come as I see them in the bag on a regular basis. The back has minimal look with a lot of technology packed in behind the scenes.  Topline is right where I want it to be.  The offset is very minimal and maybe even less so that my mizuno – will have to research that.  Also, the transition from shaft to club head is very smooth, the mizuno has a bit of extra meat right there while the Titleist is more flowing.

The Titleist has the blade like look, but does not make me scared in the least at hitting them. You can see the top line of my mizuno 8 iron on the right looks rather bulky compared to the Titliest.  I think it gets it just right here on the Titleist.  Blade Length may be ever so slightly longer in comparison as well.

image.png.e1067143a0925cea55d780e8daa00cf3.png

Immediate Differences to my current Gamers

Much higher ball flight!  The tungsten in these are no joke.  The flight is not spinny by any means, but gets through the air easily and stops pretty quickly.  Numbers on a trackman only tell you so much, but seeing the ball flight in person, it’s very noticeable how high I’m hitting these.  I’m not changing anything else in my swing and it’s just higher.  Also, small mishits are forgiven much better than the Mizunos so far and feel better like I said above.  I won’t go into this too much here, but have noticed that I’m hitting a bit more of a draw with these compared to the Mizunos.  Likely the swing, but planning on taking both out to the course and playing a hole with each to find out.

Below is a straight on shot of the 5 irons of both sets.  The hosel looks shorter on the T100-S, but in person is about the same.  Honestly, they are very close in shape.  The main difference is under the hood and the cavity being larger on the T100-s compared to the smaller split cavity on the Mizuno.

image.png.0bdfc9afbe4b901968ccff1869531d34.png

Below is the gap wedge compared to my current vokey SM6 Gap wedge. More of the traditional teardrop shape from the wedge, but the T100-S 48* is more pleasing that I would have imagined.  Top lines are pretty close to my eye, but sole is definitely a bit smaller over the Vokey.

image.png.58d68afcca87bcb9dd75896d2957703d.png

Comarison of the Srixon ZX and the T200 4 Iron.  No surprise here that the sole width is wider on the ZX.  Thus far, I'm finding the T200 4 iron forgiving and easy to get airborne.  Maybe not quite as easy to hit as the ZX, but still getting used to the clubs.

image.png.00c34ef7216690d50fb12f6ca955d3be.png

Loft Comparison

I could have went with the T100 and been pleased, but knowing where my lofts currently are for my mizuno’s, I thought it’d be an easier transition to go with these.  I was right and wrong

image.png.bebf0f4fa0f89f111b6f3745c987ec62.png

The Fitting

I knew about these irons from seeing pictures online on Instagram.  I watched the TXG video and a couple other Youtube videos to see initial impressions.  I even went to my local shop to take a look at the iron head because I knew I would be interested in trying them out for potential purchase this fall/winter.  Fast forward a week and I was chosen for the test!

I’m accustomed now to seeing all of the data from Trackman, so I knew what I was looking for out of my 7-iron demo club.  (Off topic, but when did we go to a 7 iron instead of a 6 iron during a fitting? I guess with hybrids these days, a 7-iron is a closer representation of your middle iron in a set, but still am left wondering when that truly happened. )  I tried out 6 different shafts through a few days of testing. As Follows:

KBS Tour X-Stiff

Project X 6.5

Project X 6.0

KBS $ Taper X Stiff

DG Tour X100

DG AMT White X100 (Current Shaft)

I’ve been to enough demo days and fittings that I had a good idea of the iron shaft that would work best.  The KBS Tour and the Project X 6.5 were neck and neck.  I could have picked either and been good.  At first I selected the KBS because it felt less stiff and I didn’t feel like I had to swing 98% every time.  I started to find a groove with that shaft and it continued when I went to Project X, but that was a point where I was swinging my best and quickest during the fitting at around 96 mph. 

Unfortunately due to shut downs across the world, Titleist had issues sourcing the KBS shafts in time.   Thus, I went with my back up and very close second the Project X 6.5’s.  A bit more stout with a hair less feel than the KBS but numbers were terrific with this shaft.

******Update, my irons came in with the KBS Tour shafts.  I don't know what sorcery someone at Titleist had to pull to grab these, but thank you. They feel incredible.

Also, I went with MCC Midsize grips as it feels best and what I have in most other clubs.  I tried the MCC +4 and have had those in my irons since 2017, but they’ve always felt a bit small. Glad we were able to get the grips that would work best.  Also the MCC hold up extremely well for me. I usually am getting several years of play with them with no issues.

Next thing I noticed is that I was getting amazing ball speed numbers for my swing.  I had a few 7 irons over 130 mph ball speed on trackman.  When I was last fitted to my Mizunos – I was in the 125mph range, but that was with a 6 iron.  Even with that being said my distances stayed close for standard deviation.  Shots that I felt weren’t struck great, were still around 124 for ball speed and flying only about 5 yards short so I could see the forgiveness.

Last thing that was crazy to me was that going in I thought I’d be hitting these fairly low due to the stronger lofts.  I’m hoping the trend continues on course, but I was getting average land angles of 51*.  To put that in perspective the fitter said anything 45 – 50 is good and PGA is 48 – 50.

image.png.0ee10ca8a169d1c54ebd54ece9d7d1d3.png

Stats from Current Gamers (MP 18 SC)

image.png.ad728af2d3e27b25cbaf2180cc64e2d5.png

image.png.9db056a38c0e01bbf2c1f78560d315a3.png

Initial Post

Thanks for somehow picking my name out of the incredibly large hat that made up the nearly 16,000 entries to this test. THANK YOU TO TITLEIST AND MGS for the opportunity!

Jason Sudeikis Happy Dance GIF by Apple TV

I’ve been active on MyGolfSpy since 2017 and this has been an incredible outlet for me to take a deep dive into all golf has to offer.  Sometimes I get the eye roll from my buddies for going into some crazy technical speak so it’s nice to be able to share my opinions and thoughts here. 

I’m 34 and have been playing golf just over 20 years.  I turned to golf initially to spend more time with my grandparents since I’ve always been close to them and my grandpa even shot his age a few years back (84). Growing up, it was always a way to get away from the other sports I was playing competitively and while I wanted to play well – I could get over a bad round more easily than a bad game/match in another sport.

I truly got addicted to golf in college and would get out as often as my limited bank account would allow.  I started to improve and went from shooting mid 80’s to shooting high 70’s.  My buddies joke that I knew all of the break on the carpet in our college house since I was always putting.

I’ve fluctuated a bit over the years but have managed to stay anywhere from a 3 to a 7 handicap over the past 12 years.  My wife and I have been together nearly 10 years and have 3 amazing kids (Alaina 6, Olivia 5, and Lawson 3).  I’m trying to play golf with the kids, but they aren’t all that interested yet.  Which is ok because we don’t need a ball/club to the shin type situation.

Nightmare Golf GIF - Nightmare Golf This Is My Nightmare GIFs

ts4.JPG.67ea4a17636e9280aa3adcf113b558ba.JPG

1603617765_ts6-kidspic.JPG.34028ddaf107bb243f037786d512cee2.JPG

Current Game

This year has had some ups and downs for me physically.  I tore my Achilles playing basketball in January but didn’t have surgery until February.  I was able to start golfing again about 2 months after surgery but wasn’t completely confident in swinging until May.  Luckily, my swing did not suffer that much and have gone from a 5.1 to a 2.7 at one point this summer. Hovering at a 3.5 right now, but can shoot anywhere from a 74 to 84 on a given day.  Before switching to work from home permanently, my golf rounds were down to around 15 per year.  Now, I’m able to add in more 9-hole rounds over lunch or go to the range to keep the swing loose.  I’ve actually only played one golf round over a weekend this year. 

Biggest Questions Going into this test - 

Can my iron game get noticeably better?

My iron game is probably my biggest strength and I’ve noticed an improvement since I’ve had my Mizunos.  There definitely is room for improvement, but will these make that impact?  For reference I average 11.8 GIR and would say proximity is 35 feet on average when I do hit the green.

golf11.JPG.1a8149b137b0a5654ac2a24d983ca619.JPG

Are Titleist Irons still as good?

My first set of “players irons” were a pre-owned set of the 2010 AP2’s.  Made a huge difference for me in terms of GIR and dispersion. Also, I think they helped my ball striking going from a game improvement iron in the Cobra SSI Oversize to the AP2’s.

image.png.5878e7159ec6e87a9934f7d67f67d451.png

Do they feel as good as Mizunos?

With having my irons for 4 years now, I can say that nothing has felt like a Mizuno thus far.  Like many others on the forum, I always like to try the new stuff that comes out and nothing has contended with my Mizunos for a while.  This will be interesting to see if the Titleist can contend.

921226727_ts5-mizpic.JPG.a922168cfa46de7d277893c03861fe6d.JPG

Is the progressive bounce design noticeable?!

You hear about the importance of bounce with wedges, but I’ve not heard of it in your irons.  Stay tuned…

image.png.a203399d976c239e0dce598cce8c3cae.png

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Link to review
Looks
Feel
Forgiveness
Distance
On-Course Performance
Overall

****FINAL REVIEW****

This whole process is a little different for me. I am not deciding whether the clubs are staying in the bag or not, handing over my hard earned cash has already decided that. Instead I am looking at if I made the right decision in buying the T100S irons with a little T200 on the side....

Looks ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

When I saw the first pictures of these clubs come out, I knew that Titleist had nailed the looks almost perfectly. This impression was confirmed when I got them in hand. The topline is slim and sexy, the back of the clubs is simple and no longer has a flashy, almost tacky look like the previous model. Don't get me wrong, the old model were great clubs but, to me, they just didn't have the shelf appeal of some of their rivals. Now everyone who looks at them in my bag is envious, so it's a resounding 5 stars from me.

Feel ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

For me these clubs feel exceptional. Sure they aren't "buttery" but they are still so soft out of the centre. They also have a firm feel that I like, you really feel like you have struck the ball well. The other side of the coin is if you miss hit a shot you immediately can tell exactly which part of the face you used and that to me is a real positive. I has allowed me to adjust during a round, make a bad start into a reasonable score. The T200 4 iron feels firmer but powerful. The ball comes off the face like a rocket but it still feels softer than my old Cobra Forged Tecs from 2016. All of this combined brings me to give them 5 stars for feel.

Forgiveness ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Some people will disagree but to me these clubs are forgiving. I have hit plenty of shots that were thin or out of the toe or even very close to the hosel that have flown straight and true. Yes they come up a bit short but right on line. The bottom line is I don't have to be the worlds best ball striker to get the best out of these clubs and it's just as well because my bad swings can strike fear into any stout hearted golfer. 

Distance ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This category has been a great surprise for me. The clubs up till the 8 iron are about 2* weaker than my previous set and yet they are just as long if not longer. I was very happy to see this as I was prepared for a drop in distance with these irons but it looks like I don't have to adjust at all. I haven't hit enough shots yet to get accurate numbers but for instance my wedge used to be a 110 yard club, it's now a 120 yard. I had been struggling to hit my old 5 iron 180 yards but now its a 190 yard club and it just goes on like this through the whole set. 5 Stars

On-Course Performance ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

These clubs are fantastic on course, as you can tell from my previous comments, and have shown me what I have been missing while playing GI Irons (see the CCC3 threads). the new sole design seems to suit my game. I really like the way they get through the turf and chipping with them is easier for me (much to my relief). My rounds with them have been very consistent, 82, 79 and 83 and my handicap has dropped by a shot since using them. It seems that all I have to do is put a good swing on then and everything is good in the world. 

Now I will say here that if you are looking at these clubs, don't be afraid to try the T200s for the top of your set. I have never had a 4 iron that has been so easy to hit. In fact it is well on it's way to becoming my favorite club in the bag. The T200 4 and 5 are the same loft as the T100S irons so why not try the combo. And you're not losing anything when it comes to looks so do yourself a favor and give them a try.

Pressure

This is where these clubs have come into their own. Since getting them I have played three matchplay rounds, the first of which was the first time I had even swung the clubs. It took me 9 holes to get going but since then I haven't looked back. One example from that round was the first shot I hit with the 6 iron. I had pulled my drive and left myself around 174 yards, ball below my feet, needing a draw into a sloping green. Oh and did I mention it was a blind shot? I stood over it and hit it just how I envisioned it. My opponent almost looked like he gave up at that point. I went on to win 3 & 1. the other two games have been a 6 & 5 win and an 8 & 7 win. What made these wins even better is the first two were away from home. It has become a case of "Pressure? What pressure"

Yet again 5 glowing hydrogen balls.

Overall ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Finally the answer to my question, did I buy the right irons?

Well it's an emphatic YES!! from me. These clubs are exactly the combination of looks, feel and performance I was looking for and are worth every cent I paid. Thank you Titleist, you've made me a very happy golfer 😍

Hello folks and welcome to the next part of my journey to replace my irons 😁

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47x0lemfwh38cgnzhpm1

My name is John and I have been on the forum since 2017. Some of you may know me from my Shot Scope review, Cobra Connect Challenge 3 or just hanging around the forum. If you are wondering my user name is pronounced "None For None" from an old cricket nickname. I live in the distant realm of New Zealand where Kiwis roam, Hobbits and Orcs were filmed and the ground shakes a lot. 

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=ecf05e47av

I was drawn here while researching my last set of irons that I bought, the JPX900 Hot metals. I was just like a lot of people, I saw the bright lights of testing and immediately joined. Of course my first post was to try to get a test and funny enough I didn't get it but then I began to dig into the forum and became hooked.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e470va4uwrx2hubcmwnj6

Since then it has been a glorious ride of fun, learning, vigorous debate and Gifs. Anyway I suppose I better give you some personal details...

I am lefty who has been playing since I was about 7 but joined my golf course when I was 11. My father got me into golf after I showed an interest and some small ability. I have many fond memories of playing golf with my dad, watching the Majors each year with him and just being with him at the club. We lost dad 25 years ago now but I still feel his presence at the club and his memory is kept alive there. I am lucky enough to have my brother there too, he joined after he gave up playing Rugby League ( it's like Rugby but harder, faster and better in my opinion.)

Speaking of Rugby League,

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47kjosgv2yqp5pixufoq

I played when I was 8 and 9 years old until a lovely disease called perthes decided to pay me a visit. It caused my left hip to lose the rounded shape of the "ball" and needed surgery to fix it. This left me with a permanent limp and meant I couldn't play contact sport. This is why Dad started my golf addiction.

Fast forward 37 years and i finally had to have a full replacement of my hip. This had a couple of effects, a lot less pain, my limp has diminished and my golf swing changed. Suddenly I can rotate a lot better and faster.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e474fjaol4ko1qldx4jlk

Back when I joined MGS I listened to all of the advice and got fitted for the Mizunos. This put me in very light regular XP95 shafts and 2* upright lies. I kept the same set up for the Cobra F9s that I got to test. Those two sets served me well and got me back from a 15 handicap to a 9 and I thought I had found my "solution" so to speak. Then the shiny new hip decided that I no longer needed upright lies and I started to hook my irons. I bought a cheap set of 2016 Cobra Forged Tecs in standard lie, A: to try a flatter lie set up and B: to move away from game improvement irons. Well the experiment worked and I have been hitting the ball much better. The Forged Tecshave never really felt "right" so I decided to bite the bullet and get fitted again and buy a whole new Iron set.

I have tried so many different irons I have almost lost count, I have had three fittings and had a lot of fun. The softest irons I hit were the Wilson CBs but really the distance loss was too big. Taylormade are only sold at one store here in NZ and fitter there just confused me with too many shaft options plus I didn't want to drop over $3000 on them. The Pings just don't agree with me. The Srixons were nice but just not quite right. Callaway were a bit "meh"

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47n24wub6pswxbn4417l

Then we had a Titleist fitting day at the club. I went to it thinking about the T200s and hit them really well but the T100 irons caught my eye, I was surprised how easy they were to hit and how nice they felt. Not super soft but solid. Also he reconfirmed what had come out in the other fittings, I now need stiff shafts not the old regs!! At the end of the fitting he even let me try the Cncpt irons. They were rockets but not what I was looking for, Besides in NZ they are $850 per club.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e471fd50woirze5pjfnpe

Just after the fitting day we had some trial sets of the T series irons arrive at the club and there just so happened to be a set of T100 lefties with the AMT white stiff shafts in them. I took them out for a wee hit, not expecting anything, and after nine holes I was deeply in love 😍. The consistency, flight and spin was a joy to behold. I thought "this is just too good to be true" but it just carried on. After 4 rounds with them I had made my decision, the T100 were for me 🤩. Or so I thought....

I made another booking to finalize my fitting and order the clubs and sat back all excited, next thing there's an email from MGS saying "Look at this, Titleist are seeding the new T100 range on tour this week". 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47swm5optbwgf3cbr839

I thought I was back to square one but then I saw the pictures. They have the "It" factor that the previous model lacked. The looks of a blade with the benefits and forgiveness of CBs. I was 200% sold. Now I just have to do my final fitting and hand the cash over. I should be buying a set of the T100s irons (for just that little bit extra distance), 4 to 48* with the AMT white Stiff shafts. But you never know, maybe a combo set could be an option or maybe the T100 standard irons 4 to wedge. The world is my oyster so to speak.

As soon as I've had my fitting I will update so once again this post is TBC.....

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Link to review
Looks
Feel
Forgiveness
Distance
On-Course Performance
Overall

Alright, alright, alright! My official review of the T200's has come to and end but don't think I won't be talking about these irons in the coming months!  I will be the first to tell you that I am a BIG MIZUNO fan!  Ever since I first hit the MP-32's, I never wanted any other iron manufacturer in my bag.  I've made a few detours throughout the years with a Callaway set and the Cobra F8's, but I always came back to Mizuno's being in the bag with the latest MP-20's gracing my bag prior to this testing. Well, I can honestly say that a Mizuno club will no longer be in the bag for the foreseeable future as the T200's have earned a permanent spot in my bag!  Read on for the rest of my thoughts on what Titleist has done with the T200's!

Looks (4.9 out of 5 points) 

I like clean backs and I can not lie😂... The T200's have a fairly clean looking backside on the iron, as much as can be done with creating an iron that incorporates multi-materials in the head, especially the D18 density tungsten weighting. It has an almost blade-like look to it from address. Here's a comparison of the back with the Tommy Armour Silver Scot Blades, the MP-20 and the T200's.  It'a very clean looking club

PXL_20210903_231856625.jpg.1c3cca141ac5ca3f349dedd9453e893e.jpg

Feel (4.7 out of 5 points)

They say nothing feels like a Mizuno, but Titleist comes close.  It had a very solid feel to it and it masks off center shots fairly well but you can still tell when you don't hit the center. You don't lose a much distance when you miss that sweet spot.  Speaking of sweet spot, it's much bigger than the Mizuno's.  I will also tell you that my favorite club to hit out of the set was the 4 iron.  It FEELS SOLID when you make contact with it!  I liked hitting so much, that I found I would alter my approach to a hole just so I can incorporate hitting the 4 iron😄😂😅.  I really enjoyed hitting the T-200s throughout this test, so much so, as I eluded to earlier, that it has officially kicked out the MP-20's from my bag!

Basic Characteristics (5 out of 5 points)

The fit and finish of the Titleist T200 is top notch.  There wasn't a blemish or flaw that I could detect with the T200's.  I have come to expect quality when using Titleist products and the T200's did not disappoint!

Comparing the T200's with the MP-20's I found that I was anywhere from a 1/2 club to a club longer. The T200's had a slightly higher trajectory but still managed to have a penetrating flight in the windiest of days that I played. I found that the T200s were a bit more accurate than the MP-20s as well.  The Tungsten weighting does it job as I can feel the extra weight in the club head in the swing where with the MP-20's, I tended to lose the club at times during the swing. What really impressed me the most is that I didn't have to think about swinging the T200s as I knew if put a good swing on it, it will do what I envisioned.

On-Course / LM Performance (5 out of 5 points)

I felt that the T200's on course performance is what I expected it to be.  I hit some fantastic approach shots with the irons and very accurate shots when I was in trouble off the tee.  Titleist truly made a great club that will benefit not only mid and high handicappers, but even low handicappers as well.  Titleist really has a a winner in the T200's. The turf interaction is fantastic with just enough bounce to keep me out of trouble.  Even faced with a few less than ideal situations, the T200s were able to allow me to get the iron on the ball and hit a great recovery shot! I can't say that I would change too much with club as it did allow me to shave off a stroke off me weekly score.

Miscellaneous (5 out of 5 points)

The very first day I had the T200's in the bag, one of my playing partners who is a low single HC, literally zeroed on the T200's from his cart and asked if he could hit it (he forgot I'm a lefty and was disappointed that he couldn't, LOL).  The T200's are a great looking club, feels solid when you hit it, does go a few extra yards as advertised and has the Titleist name backing it!  What else can you ask for in a club?!

Play it or Trade it? (out of 5 points)

As I mentioned in my opening paragraph, I am a big Mizuno fan and the T200's kicked the MP-20's out of the bag.  That's a big statement for me to switch to the T200's 😀

Conclusion

Do yourself a favor and at least try the T200's.  They are a wonderful set of irons that will definitely not disappoint you! With solid looks, great feel and the Titleist name, what else can you ask for in an iron??

Final Score: (29.6 out of 30 points)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click here to view the box opening video - Titleist Box opening

Fitting Part 2:

You can find out which shaft I went with here: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/tests/19-testers-announced-titleist-t-series-irons/?do=findComment&comment=5419

Fitting:

As I eluded to earlier in my intro below, I decided to go all in on the fitting. @GolfSpy_THV needed the specs pretty fast but I wanted to make sure that I got the best fitting possible. In the past, I've gone with the specs I've had for years. Which, is dumb because I've somehow gotten old.

golf-old-man.gif.3f2df655e5ad0a260485f3920ae52b19.gif

Funny thing is, apparently everyone in the world also wanted to have a fitting within the great state of Maryland too!  After calling 4 of the closest fitters to me, a great friend of mine recommended 2nd Swing in Columbia Maryland to get fit, in particular a club fitter named Kevin Kraft. The stars aligned as there was a 3PM opening for him the next day so I booked it!

When I arrived, I was pretty early. I was like a kid in the candy store!  But I had to focus as my close friend said to save my energy for the fitting and boy he was right! When I got into the fitting bay, I sensed this guy really knew his stuff when I saw a big cardboard check for winning the 2018 Pennsylvania Open in the amount of $8,000! 

Additionally, Kevin also played in this year's US Senior Open and had a T56 finish! To say I was in good hands was an understatement.  If you're a Marylander or in the local DMV area, I'd highly recommend making the trip there to see him. Great guy! Now back to the fitting. I explained to Kevin why I was there and he asked if I was limited to the shaft choices, i.e. stock shafts versus upgraded shafts. I said no, not because I wanted the most exotic shaft made out of vibranium to put into the T-200 heads, but because I was curious as to what was truly the best shaft for my swing! I brought my Mizuno MP-20 7 iron in, which is my 150 yard club, for comparison. He checked the loft and lie and found that I was fit standard to the Mizunos. I then proceed to get on the launch monitor and hit about 10 balls with my Mizunos.  Just to refresh your memory, my MP-20s have PX-5.5 stiff shafts in them which I found out were low launching shafts and well, I'm not a high ball hitter, 😞 so definitely not a match made in heaven. He then proceeded to set me up in the first of what would be eventually 10 different shafts for the fitting!

True-Spec-wall-of-golf-shafts-1024x672.jpg.740d73fd95c8cedd33bce3352d519090.jpg

LOL...during this entire fitting process, he would ask how the the golf shaft felt and look at the numbers. My buddy was also there to take some pics as well. I heard a couple of oohs during some swings as well as dead silence, ha ha ha!!

awkward-silence-silence.gif.f2a15fec08d1659ef2dd44263a3d9331.gif

98 swings later, here's the screen capture of the Trackman stats for the dispersion and trajectory of all the shafts I hit.  I purposely made it black and white because I'm going to ask you, the reader to see if you can guess which shaft ended up being recommended for me and well, if I left the color in it, you would find out right away which I was fitted to 😄

888328908_Screenshot_20210810-190234BW.png.f1df3e31ba8c1d6310eefbd74fee8c75.png

1517069351_Screenshot_20210810-191908BW.png.c52355526d959afcdea978c412c84fc1.png

A few things I discovered while I was being fit. I actually DON'T carry the MP-20 7 iron 150 yards 😞 First bubble burst. The shaft that was recommended for me really doesn't fit my swing! That was bubble number 2! Once fitted for the right shaft, I gained distance, more ball speed and height! So, for the shaft detectives out there, can you guess which one of the following shaft profiles is the PX-5.5 in my MP-20s and which two were my final choices to go in the T-200 Titleist heads?

2069977509_Screenshot_20210810-1902542copy.png.2b09fe04d784f1b9ed5547ef031d00e8.png1691423505_Screenshot_20210810-1903032copy.png.5b9c822e50450ce3ba716cd5278aed09.png750517208_Screenshot_20210810-1903162copy.png.1140767d94aaed07af6fb83e8f7eec0e.png1029291928_Screenshot_20210810-1903262copy.png.bf6551614499560d3c37e99dbeb597fc.png525070127_Screenshot_20210810-1903402copy.png.ca943cf8f4b4a127d3b448cd364c0bcd.png1150931908_Screenshot_20210810-1903492copy.png.3a306d1c34d854b6125ffee6677b0bac.png1789488683_Screenshot_20210810-1903582copy.png.ac22dcb72ae1a1b28403a20645775787.png831112663_Screenshot_20210810-1904062copy.png.557d6c20e2895d5b6c897f694d3ec4e4.png1600254471_Screenshot_20210810-1904222copy.png.9b89d1998d1a71f2fd8477372013cb2d.png1565403689_Screenshot_20210810-1904322copy.png.afc71b2e214746e3797969a264a7b8cc.png

Let me know your best guesses!  Use the color of the 7iron logo at the top left of each shaft test to let me know which shaft you think is the Mizuno MP-20 PX5.5 shaft and which two I narrowed my choices to!

MDGolfHacker

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Background:

I thought I'd get this party started with a little background of me.

I've been on active with MyGolfSpy since 2016.  It's been a great golf forum of like minded golfers without the drama that pops up as seen on other forum sites.  I've been fortunate enough to test a few golf items which I still use to this day.  I'll post links to the last few items at the bottom of this page!

MyGolf History 101:

book-nerd.gif.7650283f7612e2ed3b145eeddd7561af.gif

My story began when I was growing up in Maryland. The only sport I played was competitive tennis throughout middle and high school.

tennis-serve-failarmy.gif.872c2222b5f4f0f1b46e6d4f533b24ba.gif

Some of my friends golfed, but I never took an interest in the sport at all. When tournaments were shown on TV, I never wanted to watch it and viewed the sport as boring. 

Fast forward quite a few years. I no longer actively played tennis as my job was taking up a lot of time. My girlfriend (now my wife), wanted to find a sport we both could do as a couple (we played tennis a few times but she got mad at me because I didn't hit the ball to her (kind of what the point of tennis is, LOL) so SHE decided we needed to invest in a sport new to both of us). Her brother was into golfing and suggested we take up golfing. I resisted as I had zero interest in the sport. I didn't have golf clubs, didn't know how to hold a club; didn't see the point of hitting this little white ball further down the fairway, didn't know how to putt, didn't know the rules and had no interest in the history of the game. Regardless, I was dragged to Willow Springs Golf Course in Maryland. It was an executive 18 course with no par 5's. 

I had to rent clubs. Luckily, the pro shop had a single set for a lefty. Willow Springs didn't have the latest and greatest sets to rent; on the contrary, the set I was given was built circa 1965. The driver itself was no larger than today's 5 wood and had a BABY BLUE head on it (thought it was a strange color for the driver and not manly at all, but what did I know, I didn't golf) and the rest of the irons were a mishmash of blades hobbled together from probably 4 or 5 different sets. I was given a quick lesson by my now brother in law on how to hold the club and was told to swing away.

Standing on that elevated tee box, I took the first swing of the start of my love for golf. A swing and a whiff! I was given a mulligan (didn't know what that was at the time) and made contact on my second swing! It went high, straight and far!

sunlight-sunshine.gif.819594deeaf9f52de2016f41b38aabee.gif

That one shot is what hooked me on the game. It didn't matter that I hacked my way around the course the rest of the day (I lost count of the number of swings I took after 120 strokes, lol), what mattered that day was my love and interest of the game was born. 

I started to watch the golf channel 24/7, started to see how fun golf could be. I picked up a starter set from Dicks Sporting Goods, and started to practice every day at the local range 5 minutes from my house. I should have taken lessons right at the beginning, but I didn't know better. I started trying to get out every weekend to golf, first with my girlfriend and her brother, then with co-workers.

My handicap started from the high 20's to the mid-teens and finally dropped down to a low index of 7.8. I became a club junkie, attending every demo day every week of every month. I purchased several iron sets, drivers and putters. I even jokingly considered renting out storage space to put all the excess clubs and maybe install a loft and lie machine too, kind of make it a hangout spot for my golfer buddies, LOL.  I had the financial resources and more importantly, the time to devote to Golf. It was a great time as I golfed twice a week and sometimes more. I loved the comradery the game has brought to me, the deep history that I have learned to appreciate and the challenge of repeating something as simple as putter swing. I have really enjoyed being out on the course during the sunniest of days to the windiest and wettest of storms. Those that know me will say that I try and keep things light and funny, but determined and focused to shoot my best score.

Since then I married my wife, had several job changes and had two children.

al-bundy-sitting-on-couch.gif.7f5cddbe2380db8283fc8f84336cea8f.gif

I had to step back from the game to devote my efforts to my family. As a result, my golfing tricked to maybe once a month if I was lucky and a few select tournaments I always played in. My handicapped shot up and the daily hours I spent at the range all but dried up.

The Present: 

The kids are a bit older and have showed some interest in the game and I am once again working on my game to bring it down from the current 11.1 handicap to single digits. I have only played this game for 20 years but have felt the wide range of emotions this game elicits. I play in a weekly 9 hole league. I am unfortunately an average putter. I can go through some hot streaks but more often than not struggle for even those short 2 footers. I went back to the basics this year (think grip, stance, and body turn) and reviewed earlier golf school videos to figure out what was going wrong. A few weeks ago I made the comment that my game is coming along nicely and I expected to get back to my single digit handicap soon.  Well, the golf gods heard me and typical god mentality decided to smite my swing😠🤦‍♂️….😄😂🤣ha ha ha…It’s been out of kilter for the last two weeks, but I’m working on getting it back to where it should be.

I currently play Mizuno MP-20's and love, love love the irons. It has a great feel and just looks awesome! I thought I hit them pretty well and had gone off of my previous specs for the shafts. The answer is no, I didn't get fitted for them per say. More on that later.  In addition to reviewing the T-200's, I'll also be comparing them to the Mizuno MP-20s. My average club speed for the MP-20 7 iron is around 75MPH and it's usually my 150 yard club so we'll see how the T-200's stack up.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Being selected, we were asked to get fitted or supply our specifications if we knew them to @GolfSpy_THV. I thought I had a good handle on my specs, but boy was I in for a surprise! 

baby-shocked.gif.50c1f8da76ecab08bc9483298d7db378.gif

Tune in later this week as I chronicle my experiences of getting fitted for the T200s!

Previous reviews:

SkyCaddie LX-5 Watch: 

Cleveland RTX 4 Wedges: 

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Link to review
Looks
Feel
Forgiveness
Distance
On-Course Performance
Overall

****FINAL REVIEW****

Looks ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

For the T300 which is a Game Improvement (GI) iron isn't as sleek looking as the older brothers (or sisters) in T-Series line. But I would argue the slight design change made all the the difference. The new T300 design fits well with the rest of the GI  irons out there but I feel like less is more it is little toned down from the older version with a nice black and chrome comparison that really fit well together. I am a big GI iron guy but like most of the other golfers out there feel the Players Irons and distance irons look a lot better in the simple sleek design but the T300 looks great with a nice balance of sleek and GI traits. This is the reason I gave it five star has a great balance with a GI and sleek iron design. 

Feel ⭐⭐⭐⭐

I really like the feel of this club, even on miss hits or non perfect center hits ( I know you all think I hit every ball perfect like a young Tiger Woods but no I am just a man a normal mortal like the rest of you.) it still feels like a good shot and will be expanding on this more in the next section forgiveness, but the miss hits aren't terrible either. For a GI iron I would feel that I hit it on the toe and knew it would be 40 yards to the right but it would just off the green. During my golf trip I had a shot like this hit the toe felt it right away but the ball still landed on the right side of the green. If I do hit it flush the iron makes a nice sound that you know right away you hit it clean. I wouldn't put them on the Mizuno JPX900 HM sound and feel but I think that they are right up there for me, my Mizuno would be 1 and T300 1A they are really close and to be honest you can't go wrong and this is in no way a negative point for the T300 more as a positive, but for that only gave it four stars.

Forgiveness ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

http://31.media.tumblr.com/355b13889390c677b2bb0e7436d33211/tumblr_mjy0w4JnM81r7oaheo1_500.gif

These irons are great in the forgiveness category, like I said above if I miss hit on the toe of the club I that ball mostly ended 40 yards to the right of the target. But with the T300 the miss hits would still put me in a decent spot wouldn't kill my chance at the hole. Playing the rounds any mishit would still put me in a okay position where I was still had an opportunity to PAR the hole and that all the really matters. 

Distance ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The distance is great with these irons it was almost like a half of a club longer, around 5-10yards. At the course I play a lot there is a par 3 135 140 yards and its been an 8i for me all day, I mostly always par the hole and 95% of the time im on the green, Its not a simple par 3 but the shape of the hole fits my swing. Anyway T300 8i .. over the green ... WTF so I was playing by myself and no one behind me so I grab the 9i and put it on the green and actually a little longer then I would have thought. I noticed this in every round I played so I had to readjust my club yardages after couple of rounds and pretty much been fine. I know every new club says the new club will give you more distance and most of the time I never experienced it but I was shocked with this one .. there is a definitely increase in distance. 

On-Course Performance ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The irons are great, I played some really good rounds and made some really great shots, I went with the 4i and in a thick rough with trees in the way about 185ish out hit a nice fade on to the green, I had no idea I could make that with any iron in the rough I was in let alone a 4i that I haven't played in years. On the golf trip I was just on we played a tough course and I had a couple shots that I put the ball with couple of feet of the pin. One shot hit the pin and rolled a foot away. I love the mizunos but there really isn't anyway I can take these irons out of the bag. I may take the 4i out but as of right now I have been moving the hybrids and woods around to keep the 4i in. The T300s also give a higher ball flight and I do play a low spin ball but I do have a problem with hitting the green and the ball keep going with these irons I felt like I was sticking the ball on the green without any real chance of the ball rolling off the green. So definitely keep these in the bag for the foreseeable future. 

Overall ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I give the overall rating 5 stars the only real issue was the feel and that is more based on my opinion on the Mizunos and wouldn't say it was a negative on the T300s more of my preference and would give it a 4.5 on feel then a 4. I can't say enough good things about these irons I never owned a set of Titleist but after this test I would recommend anyone looking for irons to add them to your list to test. Like I said in above these are staying in the bag, I love the launch, ball flight, distance, look and feel.  To be honest after playing 3-4 rounds with these irons the test was over I could of wrapped this up in Sept but after going on the golf trip and playing some tough courses I never played before and making some great shots it solidified the 5 star rating.  

Intro 

Well well well look who is back in the MGS forum testing. Want to thank MGS Forum Mods and Titleist for giving us this amazing opportunity, MGS knocked it out the park this year with the testing every product is amazing. 

Pop Up Hiding GIF by PeacockTV - Find & Share on GIPHY

I will keep it short I know 16K sign ups didn't come here to read the intro of a 18 handicap, but here we are. I messed around with golf in my younger years but always had other sports a head of it. Once I was in college I started to play a lot and then kind of cooled off for a bit when I was first in the working force out of college. I would always come back to play and I always was so happy after I was done. So finally I quit all the other sports I was playing and start to focus on golf around 3-4 years ago. I went on a golf trip with my buddy and that was it I was full time in getting better and lower the old handicap. Well then I decided to get married and have a bunch of kids and what do you know they don't really care about my dream of becoming a semi-good golfer. So the game took a little hit but I still get out there a plenty to get some work in (and by work I mean I just rip driver all day long, JK but need to use the gif below). I started in MGS in 2019 I believe when I saw an instagram add and I was like this is interesting. I lurked around for a bit on the Forum never posted and then I started to interact with everyone and its been great. I recently tested the Align XL golfball from Golfballs.com and the Ben Hogan VKTR hybrid. 

Best Hammer Golf GIFs | Gfycat

Current set up I play mizuno JPX 900 hot metals with Project X lz graphite shafts, I love these irons the sound and feel is amazing. I recently switch to graphite and really enjoyed them. I was picked to test the T300 which I feel would be the best for my game. I am going with the Tensei blue shafts which is what I was fitted into. I also tested the T200 at the fitting and they are a thing of beauty and while I did hit them well, I believe for my game right now I need little more forgiveness. I tend to play the ball left to right naturally but have worked on being able to go right to left but still a work in progress. I tend to play at least 9 holes a week and/or hit the range on a normal month and hope to increase that with this test. 

For this test I am looking to see some added forgiveness and maybe a slight increase in distances. At the fitting I was obsoletely hammering the 6i like 15-20 yards more so we will see if that is the case. During the fitting the fitter noticed I go left to right with every shot so decided to do a one degree up right which will be a first for me. Well that is it about me so lets giddy up. 

Kramer Giddy Up GIFs | Tenor

First Impressions

I received the T300s last week and they're a thing of beauty! Box was nice a secured and all clubs were in packed perfectly. First impressions the the clubs, craftsmanship and the packing all great. On the range, first swing the clubs felt great, just had this confidence that you know it was going to be a good range session. One thing I notice these are really forgiving clubs, I am not an expert but I can't remember any irons I owed that were this forgiving. Couple of mis hits and I was still in the area and pretty close to the yardage that I was aiming for. Pretty simple the mishit wouldn't of took me out of the hole if I was playing one. The other thing I noticed the ball flight was great ball just kept to rise in the night sky and the ball seems to fly off the face. Even during the fitting and also confirmed at the range I was getting more distance didn't have the data since it was the range but when I tested these against the JPX900 HM it was looking around 5-10 yards longer. Definitely impressed with the first couple of range sessions and have 18 lined up this weekend and another 9 on Monday. image1.jpeg.8f661757f246b8bbe7cc0a07aaba23e6.jpegimage2.jpeg.078a32892dbba849cf336b8076ac1736.jpegimage3.jpeg.336560ec9e2b29ce0fb7c19b923c37e8.jpegimage4.jpeg.02211e1c2655a1e2d509fbd516e3a0da.jpegimage7.jpeg.fa62e716b6c9098f814a23a1040818fc.jpegimage8_1.jpeg.e2a877746b72d6e3a3262b1524e28ac8.jpegimage8.jpeg.1407d18485f177ced7db464a47c8fc88.jpeg 

image0.jpeg

image9_1.jpeg

image9.jpeg

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

Link to review
Looks
Feel
Forgiveness
Distance
On-Course Performance
Overall

Titleist T200- Official MGS Forum Review by Tarheelvolvo (@Golfspy_THV)

Final Review

With numerous range sessions, a very fun comparison session, and a few rounds in the books, I feel confident reviews these iron from Titleist. For a quick TL;DR: These irons have amazing consistency, distance, and dispersion when fitted appropriately and should definitely be considered for low-high cappers that do NOT have an issue getting the ball up in the air. 

For anyone wanting to know some more details, read on!

Just for reference - I'll be grading these irons relative to what they "should" be. For example, I'm not comparing the forgiveness of these irons to a super game improvement iron. I'm trusting the reader will have a rough idea of which level of iron their skill matches up with.

Looks (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐)

PXL_20210910_175344925.jpg

These irons look fantastic! Kudos to Titleist for creating the appearance of a blade-like tour iron with a lot of game improvement tech packed inside. The cap on the back really creates a clean look and the topline profile at address inspires confidence when swinging. 

The sole is designed appropriately for the majority of players out there who already have a decent swing and don't dig or have issues getting the ball up. A good taper, and sole rounding help the club float just a tiny bit for when you have a fat shot. Far less than a SGI club, but that's not the intended audience for these clubs. 

The offset is minimal, but still noticeable, and won't give you mental fits when trying to swing and overthink compensating the offset (ask me how I know...lol). Trust the design and you're in great shape!

A nice touch, and this is a minimal thing, is the numbering on the sole. It's clear, easily legible, and having the degree markings on the P (43) and G (48) wedges is really helpful when looking to fill out your bag with additional wedges. 

Check out the plethora of pictures I took of the clubs below and see for yourself. These are stunners! 

Feel (⭐⭐⭐⭐)

The head feels solid and appropriately weighted throughout the swing. There is a bit of heft compared with other offerings from Mizuno and Srixon - Taylormade P790 felt about the same - however, I like a little weight in heads as it tends to slow down my swing just a touch and create more consistency for me. 

Ball speed was excellent and top among the comparison I ran between T200, P790, JPX 921 Forged, and ZX5. However, it didn't feel like the ball "jumped" off the face by any means, it was just marginally higher. 

One small gripe and the reason it doesn't get 5* is the sound when you hit it thin. On the Pro side, you get instant auditory feedback if you hit it a couple grooves too high/low, on the Con side, the cap tends to make the sound resonate just a touch and give the club a metallic "clack" sound when you do hit it a bit thin. It's a small annoyance and some players may like that feedback, while others may find it a bit of a nuisance. 

Otherwise, the feel is great and I could immediately tell if I hit it a touch thin or fat just by the feel in my hands and the sound at contact. 

Forgiveness (⭐⭐⭐⭐)

PXL_20211006_190252027.jpg

These irons certainly have forgiveness and the tech packed inside reminds you of that every time you have a mis-hit! However, the forgiveness isn't as good as some other irons on the market. Just take a look at the Trackman data above. The Blue dots are the T200 7i strikes. Keep in mind that the T200 was fitted for me while the others were demo clubs, so a close setup, but not really "fitted" for me like the T200's are, and some had tighter groupings than others. 

With that said, the Mizuno 921 Forged irons (purple dots) had the tightest grouping and accuracy plus consistency would give it the nod for forgiveness in this comparison for me. 

Overall, they have plenty of forgiveness, just maybe not the best on the market, hence the 4* rating. 

And for those curious, the breakdown went like this:

Blue = T200

Grey = P790

Purple = 921 Forged

Red = Wilson D7 (current clubs)

Dark Green = ZX5

Light green was a mix of them all when I was goofing around, haha.

Distance (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐)

As other testers have noted, these irons are not the longest, however they are longer than most competitors (see chart above). Two big takeaways for me on this are:
1) Ball Speed on well struck balls was tops among the competitive set, which translates well to distance unless...

2) They have a more spin. More spin means less distance, on average, so even balls coming off the club face faster don't travel as far. BUT, keep in mind the player these irons are designed for and their intended purpose. They are not trying to be distance champs, but the best all-around irons for the majority of players. I personally like the extra spin so my ball will stop on the green instead of rolling out. That's why they get a 5 from me!

On-Course Performance (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐)

Each time I have played with these irons, my scores, on average, have been 3-4 strokes lower than my current irons (D7's). The good distance, solid spin, accuracy, forgiveness, and great construction have really helped my game improve significantly. 

The strokes gained speak for themselves and as I have said previously, these irons are designed as great all-around performers and they have that in spades. 

Overall (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐)

There are many great options in the same category the T200 plays in. One could argue it is the most competitive segment of irons due to the broad appeal irons in this category have, from a Tour player (more than a couple have T200's in their tour bag) to a -15 handicap...although I doubt many will still be a -15 if they play with these irons consistently! With so many great offerings, I was expecting middle of the road data, where it only excels at one thing and does the others decently enough to get by, however I have been thoroughly impressed with the performance of these irons.

Their distance (not top, but very respectable), spin (top, for green holding power!), forgiveness, accuracy, consistency, looks, and feel are all very well done and combine to create a fantastic iron that shows up when you need it. 

If you are in the market for some great performers, definitely add the T200 to your list and you will not be disappointed. 

Play or Trade? Definitely playing these bad boys for awhile to come as I drop my handicap, my scores improve, and my enjoyment of the game increases!

Lastly, a shoutout to Titleist for helping all us testers navigate the shaft issues that have plagued many OEM's. I ended up with Webb Simpsons shafts (that's the story I'm sticking to...sorry Webb!) DG Tour Issue X100 and was very appreciative of them putting a regular joe tester ahead of a pro - apparently @Golfspy_CG2 has the full story, but he's keeping mum 😉 

I hope you all found this review helpful and if you have any questions, please comment here or send me a DM!

--------

First Impressions

Packaging & Shipping:

These irons are gorgeous! Was super pumped when they arrived and immediately noticed the little details they employ to ensure safe shipping. Well packaged and study box, appropriate padding materials to protect shaft and grips, individually wrapped heads - in shrink wrap as well as a bubble wrap "sleeve" - and cardboard iron dividers so that clubs won't bump into each other during transit. A+ work by Titleist and I would feel comfortable ordering any other products online knowing their shipping standards

PXL_20210907_163939374.jpg

PXL_20210907_164040280.jpg

PXL_20210907_164048496.jpg

PXL_20210907_164433174.jpg

Quick note about those fancy shafts! Originally requested plain DG X100 shafts, but due to shortages there were none to be found. Titleist asked for backup choices, which I gave them, but even those were out of stock...sometimes it sucks to be a tall, fast swinger. However, as luck would have it, they had some of these Tour Issue beauties in the player sponsor area, so some poor tour pro wasn't able to get new clubs and given the time frame it wouldn't have been any of the tour players who were in the championship, so I'm telling everyone I have Webb Simpsons shafts 🤣 Sorry Webb! 

Specs

For those interested, these are the specs my irons were built to. Note that I am 6'4" tall with ~95mph 7i swing speed.

PXL_20210907_164143590.jpg

Comparison

I immediately started to compare these irons to my current gamers - Wilson D7's from 2018. A couple interesting notes:

1) As I have played more, and previously mentioned, the D7's were no longer optimal for my game. Could a tour pro take them and school me? Absolutely! But a Tour Pro could take a baseball bat, shovel, hoe, and a rake and still take me to school. Point is, they have served their purpose and time to move to a better iron more suited to my game now which means less offset, different constructions, and turf interaction

PXL_20210908_015451155.jpg

PXL_20210908_015840243.jpg

2) Titleist measures length very differently than other OEM's - Wilson included. In the below pics, you can see that they are identical in length, however the D7's are +.25" and the Titleist are +1.25"

PXL_20210908_013036153.jpg

PXL_20210908_013048310.jpg

3) The size of the T200 is fantastic. Regardless of what your girlfriend or wife says, size does matter! While packing a lot of the same technology as the D7's, the T200's do it better and in a more compact size that looks better at address and gives you confidence. Sorry about the Band-Aid on my thumb...in my excitement to rip open the box I got a papercut, lol!

PXL_20210907_222545779.jpg

PXL_20210908_013148270.jpg

Hard to see, but best photo I could take showing the clubface is actually larger on the D7 - it's the club behind the T200 and you can see it sticking out.

PXL_20210908_012604548.jpg

4) Soles are also very different on the two irons. The D7 is built for someone who digs more into the turf and needs help having it "float" along the turf, more so than a T200 player. Honestly, the D7's are a better comparison with the T300, so read that review if you curious on the differences there. Here's a pic looking at the soles a bit more closely and hopefully the camera highlights the differences for you a bit more

PXL_20210908_015854090.jpg

Beauty Shots

Let's be honest, looking at pretty clubs is why we're all here 😉

PXL_20210908_015626861.jpg

PXL_20210908_015635864.jpg

PXL_20210910_170652632.jpg

Here is a shot of them in my bag at our first range sessions:

PXL_20210910_175344925.jpg

Range Session & Playing

Right off the bat, I could tell that these irons were a great fit for my game. They hit just as long as my old D7's - to within ~5yds, which is helpful so I don't have to rethink my club selection on the course - but have a MUCH tighter grouping. Still waiting for the trackman to become available and give you guys fun charts and stats on the T200 as well as D7...and maybe some other clubs, if they are available. 

Was able to sneak in a round last Friday and already saw a 3 stroke improvement over the same course played 3 weeks prior with the D7's, and that was with just a single range session under my belt. Hoping to see continued improvement and strokes gained as I learn how to hit these new irons better!

--------

Fitting

Went through the fitting process at my local shop and did a recap in a different thread, but thought I would share here as well. First up, the contenders:

PXL_20210802_154233171.jpg

Based on my current gamers - Wilson D7's - being in the SGI category, I thought the T300 might be the best choice purely based on the type of player it was aimed at. However, after we setup the trackman and I realized my SS is 95mph+ w/ a 7i, it became apparent that I would overpower an SGI or many GI irons. With all of that said, there was still a need for forgiveness - heck, even the tour pros want a little forgiveness! 

Wasn't able to get photos of all the fun dispersion and data charts in Trackman, so I will do my best to describe the process and the resultant data that led to my selection.

Swing Speed:

Based solely on my SS, the T300 was eliminated from the get-go. Reason being that at the speeds I am swinging I am almost overpowering the benefits that a SGI/GI iron brings based on their construction - especially with the face design. Also, as an interesting side note, I am currently overpowering my D7's, which I didn't realize until the fitting, but when you start to swing certain clubs too fast you end up losing the dispersion and forgiveness benefits! Which, in hindsight, makes total sense because I would swing a 7i one time and it would be a draw and 195 yds, then swing it another time and it would be fade and 180yds...just too much inconsistency - some of which is the user, but the club has some ownership in these issues as well. 

So all that to say the T200 and T100/s are better fits based solely on my SS.

Ball Flight/Forgiveness:

Then we started to look at ball flight and forgiveness - note, not dispersion yet - to see which head might be the best choice and then make a proper shaft selection. 

I have no issues with getting the ball into the air. My -2* AoA plays well with most irons, so I don't need help in that category. Additionally, I strike the ball pretty square which is nice to find out, and opens up some options with clubheads. So, looking at the remaining contenders, T200 & T100/s, the Trackman data showed the T100/s clubheads as a bit lower launching for me, which isn't so much a problem, but combined with the slight decrease in forgiveness for mishits, the 100's were also eliminated

Dispersion & Shaft Selection:

That left the T200 as the perfect choice for my SS, forgiveness requirements, and ball striking abilities. Then it became a choice of shafts. Titleist, being the amazing company they are, told us testers that any shaft would be available to pick free of charge as long as it didn't cause shipping delays. 

One of the issues I currently have is that the D7's heaviest/stiffest free shaft option was a KBS Tour 105 S-flex. For the target demo, that would be a bit too heavy and maybe even too stiff. However, with the T200, I had LOTS of options and took full advantage of finding the right balance of price (don't want to be needlessly greedy and get an upcharge shaft just because) and functionality. We tried the DG 120 S, AMT Tour White X, X100, X7, Project X/LZ 6.5 & 7.0, and Modus 3 Tour 130. I won't bore you guys with the details because in my hands they all "felt" about the same, but the data doesn't lie. My tightest 5-shot group was achieved with the ole reliable DG X100. The next closest was the AMT Tour White X-flex and then the X7. Note that none of the above shafts caused massive mishits or largely noticeable higher/lower ball flight because they were all about the same weight. 

Spin also told an interesting story. X7 and Modus 3 were too low spin for my game since I don't put a tremendous amount of spin on the ball at contact. Likewise, the LZ's and DG 120's put a bit too much spin on the ball and did launch it a touch higher, causing lost yardage. So, the X100's were the perfect all-around choice!

Hopefully this helps a few of you members out there who are in a similar spot!

--------

Intro

My name is John-Scott and most folks call me JS. I'm the newest manager of the MGS forum, which is a great honor, and sometimes a great headache 🙃 I'm 38 and live in Richmond, VA with my family of 5 - Wife, Myself, 8yr old (G), 5yr old (B), and 18mo old (G). Covid has been an interesting time in my house, ha!

I started golfing with my father when I was about 10 or 11, mainly just riding around in the golf cart. There are two vivid memories I have though - one is the time I had a pack of tic-tacs in the cart and we went to putt and on the way back I hear this rattling noise and it seems to be coming from the tree next to the cart...well, a daggum squirrel snuck into the cart and stole my pack of tic-tacs! At 11yrs old, this is hilarious and devastating.

giphy.gif

The second memory is when I swung the club so hard I spun around twice and then fell down. My father thought this was hilarious, of course, but it started me on my journey to always swing for the fences! 

giphy.gif

After that, I marginally kept up with the game, playing when I had time or didn't have other sports commitments and picked it back up in earnest during college, playing with buddies and having fun on the course. Starting a few years ago, though, I began to take the game more seriously and have slowly started to refine my bag selection to get updated equipment - my main set of irons were DCI clones before I was selected to test the Wilson D7's in 2019. However, these never felt quite right to me and I had consistency issues...with an SGI club...which seems counterintuitive, until I went to a Driver fitting last year.

During my driver fitting in the fall of 2020, that's when I started to pay attention to swing speed #'s and it was a lightbulb moment! I quickly realized that my fond memory all those years ago has stayed with me and I'm still swinging for the fences! Right now, my driver SS is ~120mph. The representation below is fairly accurate, haha. 

giphy.gif

At any rate, I found out that I was simply overpowering the D7's and the shaft I had on them, because it wasn't heavy enough...and I wasn't really the target audience for those clubs. Which has lead us to today! 

I'm really looking forward to testing out a iron that fits me properly - 7i SS is ~95mph - and seeing how it impacts my game. Will the consistency issues drop? What about mishits and turf interaction? I also want to compare the T200's to a number of popular models out there using my local shop's Trackman so I can give you guys all the data you could hope for!

PXL_20210907_164209436.jpg

PXL_20210908_015654746.jpg

PXL_20211006_182955373.jpg

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

Link to review
Looks
Feel
Forgiveness
Distance
On-Course Performance
Overall

Titleist T100 - Official MGS Forum Review by ncwoz

Final Review (Part 4)

Now that I've been able to play the Titleist T100 irons for the last month and change, I feel comfortable posting my final review. For those who are just skimming and looking for a quick summary: for anyone looking for an iron that packs surprising forgiveness into a compact, great looking iron, you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't consider the T100 line.

For anyone wanting to know some more details, read on!

Just for reference - I'll be grading these irons relative to what they "should" be. For example, I'm not comparing the forgiveness of these irons to a super game improvement iron. I'm trusting the reader will have a rough idea of which level of iron their skill matches up with.

Looks (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐)

I absolutely love the look of these irons. As I mentioned in my first impressions below, the only thing I wasn't initially so sure about was the look of the short irons. I take it all back! Having some time to acclimate to the new look, I recently took out my Maltby TS-1 gamers (which I think already look really good) and the Titleist blow them away.

Looks are super subjective, so please check out some of the pictures below to help form your own opinion. To me, the top line is thin but not so much to shake my confidence (probably because I've still had success with mishits - check out my comments on the performance below). The blade length is relatively short, and my eye really appreciates the "sharp-ish" toe and the hosel transition. The offset is exactly where I'd want it - minimal in the shorter irons, and slightly increasing going into the longer irons. Enough to inspire some confidence, but not so much to be off-putting at all. Well done Titleist, these irons look gorgeous.

Feel (⭐⭐⭐⭐)

As one would expect from a player's iron, there is certainly feedback on your strike location. For this style of iron I think that is a positive characteristic. On off-center strikes the feedback isn't as crisp, but doesn't rattle your hands either. On-center strikes feel really really good as well. They don't necessarily explode off the face like you might expect from an iron with a little more meat, but to me that's a good thing. Centered strikes have an addicting muted and solid "thud". I'm nitpicking here, but I have felt some slightly softer heads before. The T100 still feels amazing, but to give it all 5 stars I think I'd need it to feel just a smidge softer at impact.

Forgiveness (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐)

Forgiveness in an iron head is something I wish I didn't have to consider - but I definitely need it! I had a stretch of really poor ball striking for my first ~week with these irons (turns out a sound setup is important!) and was living out of the toe. Even with my atrocious ball striking over that time, I was still able to score decently and that was because of the forgiveness of these irons. Again, if you're not a relatively confident ball striker these probably aren't for you, but I was shocked at how forgiving these are relative to their compact shape. I'm currently a 7 handicap and have my fair share of poor strikes. And the forgiveness was noticed both for the overall distance and spin - I've had a few instances where I struck it very poorly, lost 5 or so yards but still had enough to get onto the green. And spin was still sufficient to stop the ball in time, resulting in some shots that ended up much better than I deserved.

Distance (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐)

Rating these irons purely for total distance probably isn't fair, nor is that why someone should play these irons. They have relatively traditional lofts, so it wouldn't be hard to find another head that you could get more yards out of. That being said, I didn't feel like I was giving anything up by playing these irons.

However, getting the same distance from shot to shot is what I was especially concerned with. It's probably impossible to completely eliminate fliers, but with my other set of irons I would find myself clubbing down 2 full clubs from the rough almost more often than being able to play the yardage. Earlier this summer, I hit a 9 iron from 180 yards and managed to still fly the green. That's not a whole lot of fun when you have a potential ~25 yard variance you need to play for.

The distance control with these irons is probably my single most favorite trait. Flier lies or not, they retain spin beautifully and consistently. Rarely have I found myself surprised by how far a ball ended up going, and typically when it's happened I've realized that I didn't judge the wind correctly. Even into the mid and long irons, I've seen sufficient spin to stop the ball within a yard or two of the pitch mark.

On-Course Performance (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐)

Not much new information here - on the course the T100 have inspired confidence, even with hazards or other difficult situations. I've felt comfortable shaping shots (as much as I would, it's not something I do super often), and the spin retention out of various lies has been remarkable. I've been very pleasantly surprised with the forgiveness Titleist was able to incorporate into these heads, and all of these performance characteristics have given me a ton of confidence standing over the ball that the club will do exactly what I put into it.

Overall (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐)

Personally, I'm of the belief that across the industry there are really great options across all the established manufacturers. I've also had positive experiences from smaller manufacturers like Maltby, so I was honestly expecting to find a marginal difference between the clubs I've been able to hit and the T100 set. But I was honestly blown away. I was expecting there to be some area of compromise in the looks or performance, and experienced nothing of the sort. These irons are absolutely killer, and I could not endorse them any more. On top of that, Titleist has provided stellar service to the testers, which is just a cherry on top. For anyone in the market for a new set of irons, add these to your list of potential sets. If anyone has any more questions, please feel free to reach out to me and I'll do my best to answer them for you. This is a no-brainer 5 star rating for me. These will be hitting my bag, and that's despite Nippon Modus not having availability for the shaft I was fit for. With how good these have already been, I can't wait to get the shafts in there that should only further accentuate these iron heads. 

Thanks again to Titleist (and the moderators!) for providing such an awesome testing experience, even with all the supply chain and shipping challenges going on! I really appreciate the opportunity to test another product for the forum, and hope some of you find this review helpful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First impressions (Part 3)

Now that I have the irons in hand, I'd like to share my first impressions.

First of all, Titleist had to do a little audible on the shaft for me. Apparently there is a world-wide shortage of Modus 130g X stiff shafts, so the most similar profile they had was the Modus 120 X stiff. I'm hopeful that at some point I'll be able to get the Modus 130's in to see how the clubs work in their fitted state, but from my first few swings I think the 120's are actually not too far from my previous gamers.

And the show must go on! Here's the full set:

IMG_20210903_103934435.jpg.ebad841d838291a8f63f82f49da18b25.jpg

I went with 4-Gap wedge in the set, mostly because I almost never use my current 50° for anything other than full swings. I'm excited to see if having the set gap wedge in the T100's gives me some more reliability than my Maltby TSW.

Here are a few comparison pictures I have between the two, Maltby on the left and T100 on the right:

Gap wedge

IMG_20210903_104245368.jpg.58aaa47fc5507363f4da1198c3a81773.jpg     IMG_20210903_104118887.jpg.d7e3f22970145957103652572b109247.jpg

Pitching wedge

IMG_20210903_104308975.jpg.1fcf65c2db1fe304caa99f7a2d991ec3.jpg     IMG_20210903_104138093.jpg.3d1718bffdbb62d43c84e1dba97bf854.jpg

8 iron

IMG_20210903_104226159.jpg.e4da73bab84c8f1917cdf2fd869a569d.jpg     IMG_20210903_104056660.jpg.573b1d1ce2b88720894681a1a654bd2b.jpg

4 iron

IMG_20210903_104158291.jpg.d6ebb06a4c1832a9e921b62a95e5019f.jpg     IMG_20210903_104030230.jpg.9e8ea543b8413690673cc4175ac954e3.jpg

Personally (emphasized because I strongly believe looks are subjective - golf or otherwise 😉) I love how the T100s look from 4 iron to 8 iron. They are pretty short and have a thin top-line, but not so much that I'm scared away. I also really like the contrast of the shiny chrome with the more dull face, and how the grooves "stick out" to my eye. If I had to nitpick, the only thing I don't love about the T100's is the transition from the hosel to the top-line in the shorter irons. Again, I'm definitely nitpicking here mostly because it's a review that will hopefully help others out, and I know that's probably a more desirable trait for some as well. Time will tell if that continues to stick out in my mind, or if I'll grow to like it as I get more accustomed to playing the irons.

Regarding their performance: I don't want to give away too much before I get more time with them, but so far I have been pleasantly surprised with the forgiveness on off-center strikes and have thoroughly enjoyed the sweet spot strikes I've had so far. Follow along in the comment thread for more regular updates as I continue to get more familiar with the Titleist T100's!

My fitting, and what I'm looking for the T100's to do (Part 2)

Before the irons come in, I wanted to get a quick write-up of my fitting experience, fitted specs, as well as the differences I'm hoping to see from my current gamers.

First off, my current gamers: for the 2021 season I've been gaming a set of Maltby TS-1 heads with KBS $-taper 120g shafts from P-4i. I was fit to that shaft (with a similar-ish head) by a local fitter in late 2020. I was coming from a hand-me-down set of Ping Eye 2's with super light shafts, and I think that partially played into the $-tapers performing the best for me at the time. My swing speed is on the higher end (~90mph with a 7iron), but the fitter put me in some of the heavier shafts that "should have" fit me and it was just too strange feeling from what I was used to.

For those unfamiliar with the Maltby offering, here are a few pictures I took shortly after the set was built up for me:

IMG_20201120_175605172.jpg.ee347c3699d8c134a1106e54dca6d49c.jpg        IMG_20201120_175452411.jpg.5df4f568862c97ee688ee677272dc29c.jpg

Fast forward to my T100 fitting, and I had almost a full season of the $-tapers under my belt. This time around, when I had the heavier more stout shafts in, it felt much better. Don't get me wrong, I'm still no rebar swinging swashbuckler. My fitter threw in some Dynamic Golf X7's (3g heavier than X100's, and generally stiffer to my understanding) and I felt like I was swinging a 45 pound barbell 😂.

After trying most of the more common shaft offerings in that weight and stiffness range, the Modus 130 X began really standing out. The Modus was giving me 5-10mph better ball speeds, with solid dispersion and really good feel to boot. A no brainer! Here's a snapshot of the carry distances of the T100/Modus 130 combo compared to my Maltby:

615702320_ScreenShot2021-08-26at9_19_54PM.png.e99a53938ba715465324ec7934fa1120.png

(One thing to note for the club nerds out there: I was fit using a T100 7 iron head, but compared that to my Maltby 8 iron. The T100 7 iron loft is 34°, while the Maltby 8 iron loft is 36°)

I was getting slightly higher ball speeds, spin, and carry distance with the T100's, with slightly better dispersion (albeit a smaller sample size). These numbers have me optimistic that the T100's will be really good performers. This also leads nicely into the primary performance characteristics I'll be watching for the T100's. My primary performance characteristics I'll be tracking are:

1. Consistency of total carry distance

2. Spin retention

3. Forgiveness

Why? Well, to my the most important thing an iron can be is consistent in its carry distance. At my speed, I'm not worried too much about distance, but I do need to have a degree of confidence at the range of distances a club is going to carry. So far, the TS-1's have been solid for me in this category.

Spin retention is something I've learned to appreciate while playing the TS-1's. Over the last year I've learned to respect flier lies, and even yet the TS-1's can get away from me at times. Check out this 9 iron I hit a few weeks back:

388626247_ScreenShot2021-08-26at9_45_02PM.png.5d66b6258925b9615df0976b2a787b09.png

I know no iron is impervious to some spin loss out of the rough, but I'm hoping to see more consistent performance out of flier lies with these irons.

And lastly, some forgiveness will be important as well. My ball striking has improved pretty significantly over the last two years, but I'm still no stripe show. I know this head isn't designed to be the most forgiving, but I'll be keeping some tabs on just how much distance is lost by off-center strikes.

If you have any questions about my game (or anything else!) I can answer for you, don't hesitate to reach out! Once the clubs come in, I'll continue to keep everyone in the loop!

Intro (Part 1)

Hey y'all - I'm back again! The MyGolfSpy community has been an awesome place for me to connect with some new people over my favorite hobby, and if testing wasn't even a part of what we do here I would still be around here just as much as I already am. However, MGS testing has also given me some remarkable opportunities to test some really awesome products as well. In 2019 I participated in my first forum test, for the Evnroll ER2B (link to that review here), and last year I was able to test out the Tour Edge EXS Pro Hybrid (link here), and both clubs are still in my bag! Feel free to check either of those posts out for a more thorough background of my personal and golfing background, but I'll try to keep my background to a minimum and focus on what's new with me in the past year here in this post.

The last year has mostly consisted of three main things: lifting, golf and my wife's and my first house.

Once the golf season wrapped up last fall, I was sort of sitting around without much to do. You can only do so many dry swings in the living room (and believe me, I did a ton!), so I decided to jump pretty hard into lifting. I was able to build my strength pretty considerably, and do think I was able to see a bump in my golf game & speed because of the added strength.

On the course, I've been able to make some pretty big improvements as well. As of last year at this time my handicap was 15.8, and I've been able to work it down to 7.3 right now. I took a few lessons over the winter months, and really committed to getting to the heated bays and making sure to video record my swing to try and accelerate my progress. I fully endorse and really recommend anyone out there to both take lessons and also record your swing. Multiple times in both settings I found myself trying to "fix" a mistake I thought I had, only to find out my "fix" was only exacerbating the real problem.

And last big topic of this year for me has been our new home. We are very blessed to have been able to find and afford a new home to live in, but we're also very much realizing how much work home-ownership can be. We have a pretty long list of to-do's on the house, and it has already monopolized my lifting and golf time the last month and a half. My game has really started to suffer the last ~3 weeks, and for the first time in a long time I found myself completely lost. Just the other day, I decided I needed to just record my swing and see where we were - and what do you know! All sorts of old habits found their way back. Here's a video of an 8 iron swing I took at the range the other day:

Conversely, here's a swing I recorded in February. This is much more exemplary of where my swing has been at for the bulk of this season:

Now that I have some better feedback on where my technique has slipped, I feel much better about my ability to get back to where my swing was just a few weeks ago. Fortunately, we've gotten a lot of the moving and initial work done at the house, so I'm excited to be able to ramp back up my practice and play the back end of the summer and into the fall!

Another big change in my game over the last year has been my new iron set. I'll go a little more specifically into specs of my current gamers, as well as my fitting experience for the T100's, in a future post, but my new set has certainly been a big improvement from my previous irons. I had an ill-fitted set of Ping Eye 2's with stock shafts which spun to high heaven, and the improved consistency I've seen from my Maltby TS-1's this year has been remarkable. I've been getting along with the clubs very well this year, so I'm anxious to get the new T100's in my hands and really see how the two compare!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

Link to review
Looks
Feel
Forgiveness
Distance
On-Course Performance
Overall

"Final" Review (you know I'll be back for more -- the season is winding down up here in Wisconsin, but we still have a month left plus indoor sims and a heated outdoor range, so it's not over-over)

For the overall score, I wish there was a 4.5 -- averages across the scored categories points closer to 5, but there are a few things holding me back from calling these irons a full 5/5. 

Reminder of the set that I’m testing:

T100S 4-PW, Nippon Modus 120X (Core test set)

T200 Utility Build 3 iron, Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95X (Bonus addition – had the choice between this or the T100S 3 iron)

TL;DR Summary/Conclusion (Overall ⭐⭐⭐⭐(and a half))

The bag setup with T200 Utility plus T100S irons is awesome. I feel very confident over the ball. With the added distance, I’m more willing to lay back in the fairway vs. hitting riskier drivers. Even though lofts are stronger, it doesn’t show in terms of ball flight or spin (something that I think is very impressive) – my individual irons fly farther, fly higher, and stop faster, which makes me feel like I can hit any shot inside of 225, and the T200 3 iron gives me confidence even outside of that. If your swing is strong enough to hit a player’s iron (not quite blade, just something smaller), I’d highly recommend this set.

Looks (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐)

General Feedback: When it comes to the finish of an iron, I’ve always preferred a matte or brushed finish – something less shiny, less reflective. The T100S fits my eye very well in that category (although to be honest, I actually do prefer the “Pearl Brush” finish of my Mizunos – a lighter, softer color).

I love the way the back looks – the design of their “muscle channel” and placement of the T100S logo are very appealing. Face is pretty standard. From above…the soles look slick (and make it look like you can play, or at least think you can play), but as I noted in my intro post, there’s something about the numbering that I don’t like (and haven’t liked on other Titleist irons) – that’s super unimportant, so no points docked for that.

In play: At address, these are awesome. Their marketing says they “refined optics for a cleaner, more confident look”, and they nailed it. Very clean look, thin topline, comparable to other players’ irons that I’ve played. These things inspire confidence.

T200 3 iron: Similar feedback. This has a smaller profile than I expected, which I really like. It does not have the same matte finish – it’s the shiny, reflective steel finish that I don’t really like (minor, but notable). The muscle plate looks kinda cool, but it feels kinda cheap (like plastic) – although maybe that was necessary to make it perform the way it does.  

image.png.437f8e305c88c59b700ee8148cc6e44a.png

Top to bottom, that's the T200 3 iron and T100S 4-PW. In these next couple photos, I'm trying to show the look of the Titleist vs. my current gamers -- T200 3 iron vs. Srixon U85 2 iron; T100S 6 iron vs. JPX919 Forged 6 iron; T100S 7 iron vs. JPX919 Tour 7 iron. Visualize it from left-to-right (in the photos, top-to-bottom) -- the longer clubs are on the top of the photos, and it's always the Titleist as the left/top club: 

image.png.3d3143ca0fb49033638535441f43c0fc.png

image.png.cdee1ab472593f7f741fc8bf63359599.png

IMO, the T200 3 iron looks so much smaller than the U85 (not just because of 3 vs. 2); the 7 irons look almost identical; the 6 irons actually look closer than I expected. Titleist seems to have slightly less offset. 

Feel (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐)

Initial feedback was that these felt a little heavier than what I’m used to. They do have slightly heavier shafts (by a couple grams) than what I played in my Mizunos, so that could be a factor. Feels fairly easy to control the clubhead, solid shots feel crisp, toe hits get immediate feedback in the hands. I meant to shank one to see how that feels 😂 but that just wasn’t in the cards. Shafts feel great too, but they’re fitted to me, so I’m shying away from too much feedback there.

T200 is similar, with solid shots feeling even better (maybe I need to convince myself to go to bigger clubs? 🤔).

Basic Characteristics 

Relative to my current gamer, the T200 is 2* weaker than my Srixon U85 2 iron; the T100S 4-6 are the same loft as my JPX919 Forged, and the 7-PW are 2* stronger than my JPX919 Tour. So…logic says the utility should be shorter and higher, 4-6 shouldn’t see much difference, and the 7-PW should be longer with more rollout, right? Not so much… My feedback based on my main launch monitor session is here: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/tests/19-test-in-progress-titleist-t-series-irons/?do=findComment&comment=6455

Distance (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐)

The 3 iron hits bombs 💣🤯. Based on both range and on-course performance, I’d say it’s about 10 yards longer than the U85 (some of that might be the shaft, but still never expected that…). It looks nicer too. It took a bit to get used to, but it did get more consistent over time – went from hitting big hooks for the first couple weeks and thinking there’s no way I’m keeping it, to striking it well and hitting the center of fairways (the combination of distance and accuracy was very helpful when the driver and 3wood were going sideways). I do have a lingering question on whether this was the right call – the shaft selection was great for a long iron, so I’m happy with that part, but I do sit here and wonder if the T100S 3 iron or the T200 2 iron would have been the better call (as noted in another post, after seeing the performance of the 3 iron, I might look into getting the 2 iron or a U505 1 iron with similar build).

The long-mid irons are a bit longer than the JPX, at least in terms of carry distance. Ball speed was comparable; the T100S launched higher, had a higher apex, and landed at a steeper angle. Both clubs were roughly the same total distance at the range, just different carry distances (the T100S had 3-5 yards longer average carry difference across the 3 head-to-head comparisons). Dispersion was a bit tighter with the T100S as well.

The shorter irons – dispersion got tighter with both sets (as expected), and the two were pretty comparable in that category. As expected, the T100S were longer in both carry and total distance. But now the surprising part: despite being 2* stronger and having a shaft that I expected to influence lower ball flight, the T100S: launched higher, had a higher apex, and landed steeper than the JPX919 Tour. The only exception was the Pitching Wedge: I didn’t have the best session with the PW on the monitor, and the sample set was smaller – however, it did have the highest single ball of the set.

Forgiveness (⭐⭐⭐⭐)

For the T100S in general, mishits were forgiving, but not that forgiving (T200 was actually similar, but a little more forgiving). They flew straight and still looked nice, just dropped well short of a solid shot – that’s something I expect from a Players’ iron, so no big deal. The bigger concern was when the opposite happened: every once in a while (both on the range and on the course), a monster would come out – no attempt to hit it further, no different feel from another stock solid shot, similar ball flight and height, it just kept flying. That’s not something I really saw with the Mizunos, and I think I’ll need to keep monitoring this to see if it truly is just that I struck those shots better vs. something else.

Some of the monitor data I was working with:

image.png.b7983ce7693ea05328b29d0a15744d87.png

Note that this is with the outliers removed. The thing that gives me pause with this is how big of a gap there is between smoked-> solid -> toey on a stock swing (not intentionally trying to get more out of it), especially in the longer irons. 

On-Course Performance (⭐⭐⭐⭐)

The best thing about the T200/T100S bag setup: it gave me a lot more versatility in shot selection, or at least gave me more confidence to hit different shots (especially tee shots to set up a hole differently). On certain holes on my typical courses, even though the hole didn’t set up well for a driver/3-wood, I’d give it a rip anyway to try to get a shorter club in my hand for the approach. With my Srixon/Mizuno setup, the alternative was a 2-iron off the tee and something like a 5-iron in (doable, but not preferred) – now with the T200 3 iron off the tee and the T100S for the approach, a solid tee shot on that same hole would put me closer to 7-iron range, which is a higher percentage / higher confidence shot for me. I started hitting the 3-iron where I’d typically play something longer, and the approaches actually worked out well, plus I was getting better looks (fairways with better angles, just a bit further back). Adding to the benefit here, the T100S 4 iron is also a great option off the tee on a short or mid-length Par 4, with mishits still flying pretty well over 200 and solid strikes being more in the 230 range.

Par 3 confidence is very high, and just having a shorter iron in hand for approach shots improves my confidence as well. My first couple times out with the irons, I was pulling 9 irons from 160-165 and getting them close (previous 9 iron distance was 150-155 – I think an excitement factor had me trying to hit it further). In more recent rounds, it has felt similar, and I’ve backed off of them a bit without losing much of the distance from those first couple rounds. I’m still pulling at least one club less than what I would have pulled with my Mizunos in nearly all cases (in a few exception cases, I’m going with the same club).

image.png.9264a4505a48ae4ee9246f3ba8481ec0.png

These are very workable too. On the course, I’ve worked them in both directions and done so reasonably accurately (comparable to the JPX Tour; feel easier to curve than JPX Forged). Flighting the ball feels fairly easy too – at least one of my rounds was in high winds, and I was able to work the ball through the wind with quite a bit of success (that was a 9 hole -1 with quite a few of the iron shots not being full/stock).

Distance control (trying to hit a specific number, not full swings)…I think it’s there, I just don’t have it down yet. With the added distance, it has been a little more difficult for me to take something off of a mid- or short-iron and have it fly the distance I’m expecting. I’ve done it successfully a couple times, but also hit a few that I expected to land next to the hole that fell short of the green (e.g. at least twice I took a PW from 130, which is more than I have in my 50* but needs to be ~15-20 off of this PW, and I haven’t quite figured out that 130 swing yet and only hit those ones ~120). I think it will come with time and practice. An example is here, which is actually a mishit 4-iron (displaying what I mentioned above) followed by a "take something off of it" PW that was not hit poorly (at impact, I thought I was going to have a 15ft birdie putt): 

image.png.721e84a856fce8f5375c5a371ae8f9b4.png

*On full shots as mentioned in the last section, that monster does rear its head every once in a while, but only on full shots so far.

Aside from the ball flying too far, my main miss is what we call “playing for the Yankees” (Tommy Boy, anyone?). A few shots went absurdly left to the point of making me question the lie angles (I’m well aware that I hit poor shots, but these were next-level left). It came out a few times in my rounds with these clubs, but I’m not actually concerned with it – the last few rounds haven’t had anything wild like that, and it was likely a combination of things, with club specs possibly influencing the outcome a bit.

Scores have been mixed, but that’s consistent with this year for me. I have a couple very good scores with these irons, and a couple disappointing rounds. However, the struggles were swing-related, not equipment-related – I was missing greens with my 9 iron and PW, but in the exact same way I was missing with my (non-Titleist) 50* and 55* wedges. My most recent round was a scramble, so iron play was limited (lots of drivers and wedges), but I felt very confident whenever they were in my hands – stuck a couple close ones with longer irons on par 5s.

My history with Titleist irons is not super positive, but also outdated. I struggled with the demos that I did many years ago. I held onto that perception and doubted the claims I saw about their lines of irons over the years. I silently questioned my friends’ decisions when they chose Titleist over a couple other select brands, thinking they made the wrong decision. It’s not that I thought they were poor quality clubs – I thought they were just too hard to hit, and that my friends and I needed to get better before considering them. After this test, I’m coming around – I don’t regret playing Mizuno for all of these years, but I do think it would have been worth considering Titleist (in my last couple fittings, I didn’t even try them).

Play it or Trade it?

These are 100% staying in the bag, at least through the end of this season and start of next season. I need to make a few swing tweaks, and a couple are underway – I think those will actually improve the performance of these and discourage a change, but we'll see. I have little advice on how to improve the T100S from a looks or performance angle – long, high, stop quickly, it’s the full package. The T200…all of the performance metrics are great, the back plate just feels a bit flimsy – something that feels more secure would be nice.

To be honest, the pricing is a little steep, especially when dealing with custom options. The stock price for my test setup is $1300 for T100S 4-PW plus $249 for the T200 3 iron, which is pretty well in line with the industry for this type of club (maybe a bit high, but not bad) – after the shaft upgrades (excluding grip), it’s $1400 plus $369. The $369 price tag is the one thing that’s making me hesitant to pull the trigger on that 1- or 2-iron to supplement the 3 (and a $120 upcharge feels steep for a shaft that’s marketed as “Featured” for the club). Comparing to the newest line of my gamers, Mizuno’s JPX921 are $1127 for Tour or $1225 for Forged for the same 4-PW, with my shaft as a no-charge upgrade – however, I don’t think they have a comparable 3 iron/utility, so I’m not sure how that would compare.

I think the T100S can outperform the competition, but is it worth the upcharge? For an elite amateur, absolutely; for an OK amateur like me, maybe (I’ve enjoyed the experience and would be OK paying the extra couple hundred bucks for slightly better performance). For someone below the elite level that might be working on a budget, I’m not as convinced – might be able to find something comparable that’s cheaper.

My advice for Titleist for this and future releases: find a way to narrow the gap with Mizuno’s custom pricing, which is something that has kept me with the brand for my last couple fitted sets – with Mizuno, my Nippons are $0 upcharge vs. $15/club with Titleist; for C-Taper or $-Taper, it’s $0 vs. $25/club; if you’re into graphite, Recoil 95 are $0 vs. $32/club. It feels like both companies have the initial angle of “get the clubs in the consumer’s hands”, but Mizuno seems to take it a step further by adding “with the build that’s best for them at the same price”, while Titleist will charge $100-$225 more for that. I didn’t have to pay any of that, so I’m very happy, but if I was out getting fitted, this would be a factor.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

First Impressions:

First, a big thank you to :titelist-small: for letting us customize the build of these irons, and for securing me some shafts that are apparently very high demand right now (supposedly a big shortage, very difficult to obtain, some companies even taking them off of their upgrade lists). Initially I thought I'd need to go with stock or no-charge-upgrade shafts -- they would've worked well enough, but it would have thrown off comparisons to my current custom-fit set -- no reason the standard PX or LZ 6.5 wouldn't work for me, it's just not the "best" fit. After the fitting and the custom order (plus the bonus that the T100/T100S testers can get a long iron as T200), I ended up with: 

• 3-iron: T200, Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95X
  • 4-PW: T100S, Nippon Modus Tour 120X (same shaft I use in my Mizunos, only X instead of S...honestly, I think I was fit into S in the past because they were off-season fittings -- this time the fitter said X was a no-brainer). 

All have Golf Pride MCC Align grips (also an appreciated upgrade -- if we went stock, I have a stockpile of grips in the basement that I would've switched into). All standard length/lie/loft (the T100S are 2 degrees strong to start; usually I'm 1-2 degrees upright, but it looks like Titleist starts a bit more upright than Mizuno, so standard makes sense). 

The clubs were all originally scheduled to show up last Thursday. But, you know, shipping issues 😷  Mine came in two packages, both looking like they were shipped at the same time from the same location using the same carrier, and both were roughly the same size (although one significantly heavier, for good reason). They took two completely different paths across the country -- end result is that the T200 showed up last Wednesday; the T100S didn't make it until this past Tuesday. That means the T200 has been in the bag for 45 holes so far (36 scramble, 9 normal), while the T100S are only at 9. Everything was packed very well, very secure, no issues upon arrival. 

So first, the T200: fair warning, I have not played with any of the recent Titleist irons, so I didn't my first reaction to this was "wow, that's smaller than I expected". I'm using this to replace a Srixon U85 2 iron, which is a beast for an iron, so the small profile was a little shocking at first, but I like the look. I'll be honest, this isn't a club I plan to hit often -- the main use is tee shots on target par 4s and approaches on some par 5s, otherwise it stays in the bag covered by one of my foreign dictators for show (switch between Putin and Kim Jong Un utility covers, both homemade). I did hit some on-course practice shots with it, and my first impression is "good, maybe great, but needs more work". From a looks standpoint, I love it - I miss the days of using small 2- and 3-irons, and I really like looking at the smaller profile. However, as I age and play less often (kids, ya know), I'm currently debating whether the bigger iron is best. The shots I've hit with it so far have been OK -- miss is hooky, which I've found to be true with just about all graphite-shafted long irons (including hybrids), but hit a few good shots so far. I need to use it more and/or take some range sessions to give it a fair shot. On the potentially negative side of things, the back plate feels fragile, almost plastic - likely necessary for weight reasons, just feels like it could break easily (my concern is more with travel/similar jostling; my buddy said something about "if you hit a ball with the back of the club it might break", but why would anyone do that?). 

The T100S: first impression? Love them. The look at address is exactly what I'm looking for. Distance and forgiveness are both TBD, but early signs point positive. In the first 9, the flight seemed comparable to my Mizunos, if not higher. Solid shots traveled far; mishits (predominantly toey) fell short but were pretty straight (2 drew right on target but just fell 10-15 yds short). Hit two knockdowns because of wind -- they felt easy, and both hit the green in very good position. Based on the initial round, I think I just need to swing a little better, and if I do, I expect to gain 5-10 yards over my JPX919 combo set. As you may have seen in my Comments posts, that first 9 holes is in the books at 1-under 35. In that round, I did hit my longest 4 iron on record by 14 yards -- 265 yards (flat, downwind), which is awesome, but unfortunately the fairway ran out at around 240, so I had to navigate some trees for the approach (apparently should've hit a ~6 iron -- gotta get used to these beasts).

So what don't I like? Two things, and they're both purely cosmetic (and I recognize they are very petty). I do prefer the less shiny/glossy look of the JPX over the shiny chrome Titleists. Also, there's something about the numbers on the sole that I just don't like -- not sure if it's font, size, depth, color, contrast with the sole, some combination of those things, or something completely different. I've noticed this with friends' Titleist irons in the past, and I can't quite put my finger on what I don't like, but I felt the same about these ones. 

Now, for some photos -- sorry for the shoddiness here, but my phone camera died at the worst possible time (been having problems for months, but starting the day before the T100S arrived, the main camera is completely inoperable). So, starting out, here's an attempt at an unboxing photo using the phone's selfie-cam (which, as a reminder, were rushed because I had ~30 minutes between package pickup and tee time): 

image.png.184ae61b0af2e8ba2c9b28f22b3dbf03.png

(apologies for the mess, and for the unintentional product placement 😅 ). Switching from Selfie Cam to my nearly 15-year-old Canon Digital Elph...

Now, a comparison pic -- this is the T200 3 iron vs. a Srixon U85 2 iron, the T100S 6 iron vs. JPX919 Forged, and the T100S 7 iron vs. JPX919 Tour: 

image.png.c80bf80c8c94e7353afad3b5bc5ef27c.png

Size seems to fall between the Tour and Forged. The 3-iron is significantly smaller than the U85, which, as I noted above, might be a good thing or might end up hurting. In this photo, you should be able to see the "negatives" I noted above -- totally up to personal preference, and some of you might like the Titleist design better, but I prefer the Mizuno from this angle. From address, it's a totally different story, and that's all that really matters in terms of cosmetics, so I'm not going to let this affect the overall review ("oh cool, Mizuno did their sole numbers in white in a different font? I bet that makes the ball fly straighter" 🤥). 

In the bag: image.png.e22478246646eff17f09ee64b4391ff3.png

(considering this is a Titleist review, maybe I should've put my '18 Ryder Cup American Flag Vokeys back in the bag for this? 😂 )

image.png.bd5710e4e3a010a935bfd6588c64fc6e.png

YARN | IT'S A BEAUT CLARK! | National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989) |  Video gifs by quotes | f3ee7e10 | 紗

I'm looking forward to the next few trials-- coming up, I have Tuesday night golf league and a likely Wednesday evening range session, which should give me a chance to hone in on things like launch/spin/distance numbers compared to my past gamers (they use TopTracer, but it's with range balls, so it's all relative). I'm going to try to get out to the range or something similar before Tuesday, but family holiday weekend plans might not let that happen...

Any specific questions? Tag me in the Comments section - I'd be glad to answer them!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jumping on the Intro Train! 

The Basics: Mike, 37, 2.8 Index, currently in Madison, WI. I’m married with two kids, Devon (almost 3) and Bryce (4.5 months).

image.png.d8974e7f0e515663daa2a1cca830f77c.png

Golf has always been an obsession. I have way too much golf equipment in the house (e.g. 3+ sets of wedges, old clubs I can’t part with, more balls+ball markers+headcovers than I could possibly use in one season). I love trying new things, especially when it comes to golf gadgets and clubs (somehow never satisfied with what I have…), and I’m always looking to try out up-and-coming / smaller brands.

I’m a long-time reader of MGS, at least the main site, but didn’t know much about the forum until somewhat recently. I finally joined the forum in 2018 because I was enticed by the Cobra Connect Challenge article on the main MGS website, but now love the community and try to participate actively whenever I can (it goes in waves). I also stumbled on the MGS Fantasy Sports leagues a couple years back, and was lucky enough to take home the prized Golden Ticket from the 2020 Football season, which is how I was able to secure this testing opportunity.

austin powers love GIF

There were at least two other tests that I wanted to do but passed on them for specific reasons (Epic Speed felt too similar to my gamer; for Rapsodo, I don’t have an iOS device, and seriously considered bumming an old device off of a friend to do it) – it started to feel like I was holding out too long, but in the end, I’m glad I waited. When I won, I created a “hopeful” list of four test categories and specific things in each category, telling myself I’d sign up for the first one that comes up – based on the product releases we’ve seen this year, this specific test falls roughly in the #2 spot of my overall list (other things high on the hope list included Cobra drivers, personal launch monitors, and just about anything Exotics).  

My Golf Journey – The Younger Years: I started playing at a young age, when my dad would take us out to putt while he played, then shifted back to teeing off from the 150 yd marker, then back to various tee boxes. I started taking the game more seriously after getting cut from the HS team in 7th grade, determined to make sure that doesn’t happen again. Around 9th grade, we joined a decent 9-holer right down the road from our house and stashed our clubs there, so my brother and I would ride our bikes to the course just about every day in the summer. We practiced and played a lot. I took lessons fairly regularly. I played aggressively, hit bombs, and made a lot of birdies, especially at the rinky dink courses we were playing. But I never got “good”. Being a “good golfer” is relative – it was more “pretty good for a junior golfer in an area that only has a few good players” good, not actually good at the game.

Reflecting back, my swing can be described as “basic motions guided by lessons combined with athleticism” – I didn’t understand anything about what was actually happening throughout the swing (controlling the face, swing planes, how to hit a wedge compared to a full iron, etc.), just roughly the path the club should take. This meant that if things went sideways (and they could go really sideways), I had no idea how to correct it, and no idea where the next shot would go – those bombs and birdies were offset by a bunch of bogeys and doubles. Also, I was a headcase. I never took accountability for poor play. Missed cuts / middle of the road finishes were because “they got lucky” or “I got a lot of bad breaks” (I’m sure it had nothing to do with the 5 bogeys I made from inside 100 yards again 🤷‍♂️). And to top it all off, I didn’t focus on how to attack the course, instead focusing on how difficult certain holes or courses were (influenced by my dad and HS coach talking those things up) – with that mentality, you’re doomed before you even hit a shot (why would I ever step up to a tee box and think “I need to get through this one with a bogey”? – that’s now completely out of my game).

I put up some decent scores and thought I was hot sh…stuff. I compared my scores to some college teams, and decided I was going to go D-III and compete for the top spot on a team. Man, was that humbling. We played a tough Ross design with lightning greens and a hole that I still consider one of the toughest I’ve played. On day 1, it didn’t help that I was hitting the ball like Roy McAvoy leading up to the US Open

Tin Cup Golf GIF - Tin Cup Tin Golf - Discover & Share GIFs

but I finished that round dead last. I was able to climb my way up to the 10th spot on a 12-man team by the end of tryouts, stuck it out on the practice squad for two years, then broke into the top 5 for the last two years (ended up being a “middle-of-the-road golfer on a middle-of-the-road D-III team”). My highlight was sneaking into the Top 10 at Regionals my senior year, but really no other finishes to write home about. The experiences I had on the college team also completely changed how I approach the game from both a mental and strategic perspective, largely thanks to one teammate that didn’t hesitate to give you a reality check (saying things like “you’re not good enough to get that angry” and “that wasn’t a bad kick, you hit a draw to a left-sloping fairway and it kicked left”).

The More Modern Times

Then I took an unfortunate break, which I regret a bit. I went to grad school at FSU, which had a full-year golf season and I could play a solid course for $10 pretty much whenever I wanted. I played that course exactly 1 time in my 2.5 years there (and only the front 9). Moved to Madison in ’08 for a full-time job in Healthcare IT, and started to pick the game back up, but it was (is) a demanding job, so it was tough to get out as much as I wanted. I made some friends in the area that also like to play, found some leagues to join, and set up games whenever we could. We starting taking some golf-specific trips to try to tackle the Top 100 Public lists, and put together a solid, consistent scramble team for some fun tournaments in the area. Over those years, I put some of the new perspectives into play, took some lessons with GolfTEC, and enjoy the game much more than I did while trying to be competitive.

Today, I’m a 3 handicap that can shoot anywhere from a few under to bogey golf depending on what’s hot or cold that day. Overall, I’m a better golfer than I was when I was younger, but for very different reasons (still trying to piece together how I pulled off some of the things I did back then and wish I could still do some of them, but I actually understand more about the golf swing and finally learned how to hit a wedge!). I dabble in tournaments from time to time, but not so much to compete – I do want to be competitive, but I pick my tournaments based on the host courses (e.g. I’ll play the City Am if there are one or two nicer private tracks in the rotation that year; last year I tried my hand at a State Am qualifier because the Championship was at Milwaukee Country Club, and although I didn’t make it there, I was able to pick the qualifier at Oconomowoc Country Club, which is one of only two Ross designs in Wisconsin). I play whenever I can, but in the end, family comes first – I plot out my golf schedule around the kids (for the most part), which has limited play this year. I get out most Tuesday evenings in an Old Man League at a local muni, hit the range after toddler bedtime from time to time, and take time off of work to play while the kids are at daycare (aside from certain charity scrambles, weekend golf doesn’t happen often these days). But don’t worry, COVID helped me save up plenty of PTO that I plan to use to make sure I have enough time to give this test a fair shot.

Specs/Stats/Fun Stuff:

My current irons are a combo of Mizuno JPX 919 Forged (4-6 irons) and Tour (7-PW) with Nippon Pro Modus 120 S flex. I’ve bounced between Mizuno and Ping since high school, never really considering Titleist in the iron category until recently (although I have had success with many of their other clubs, including woods, hybrids, and wedges). The only time I tried Titleist irons seriously was back in ~2000 when I was picking out a set to replace my first full-size set – the beautiful Cleveland VAS (I still have them in the basement, 2-LW, somehow with the original grips still intact). I think I demo’d the DCI 990 or 990B, but ended up picking Ping i3 Blades, and when those had to go on the bench (fun story, maybe I’ll tell it sometime, but this is getting long), I won a tournament with borrowed Mizunos that set off an 18 year back/forth between the two brands for me. I’m excited to try something new.

Career Low: 68 (Casual), 70 (Tournament), 67 (Handicap Card – it was a Combo, but it looked cool while it was there)

Albatrosses: 0 (Official), 1 (Unofficial) – scramble with preferred lies, used both my tee shot and second shot. Launched drive over trees on a hard dog-leg, holed a gap wedge from the go grass.

Aces: 0. Still chasing that dream.

Drives that went not only into the next fairway but across that fairway and OB on the other side: 3 in competition (2 in college, 1 in our City tournament a few years ago 🤫 )

Broken Clubs: 1 (anger, 2003), 2 (accidental / regular play)

All-Time Favorite Clubs (not limited to one per category): Mizuno T-Zoid Pro irons; TaylorMade VSteel and Yonex 200 3 Woods; Cobra Speed Pro, Callaway FT-3 Fusion, and Titleist 975D (yes I still have it, and yes it's still awesome) Drivers; Original Rife Pro 2 Bar and TaylorMade Rossa Monza putters

Current driver swing: roughly 110-112mph (remember when I said I used to hit bombs? Not so much anymore – back in the college days I registered ~122mph one of the few times I actually got it measured).

7 iron distance (used the 7 for fitting): 170-175 yards, which is in line with how far I used to hit it.

Strength: Apparently Driving based on Arccos data, although the last 1-2 months have been abysmal compared to average (I would've said approach shots without the data). Weakness: Putting, and it's not even close. 

image.png.0ebfb9d16b04eff7fec57d4d1695f3cf.png

Fitting: My fitting felt uneventful, so I’m hoping stories from others will be more entertaining or insightful. I ended up in standard loft/lie/length (slightly surprising considering I’ve always been 1-2 degrees upright, but Titleist’s starting lie angles are in the right spot for me), and the Nippon Pro Modus 120 (but this time in X flex! No idea why I’ve been fitted into S every time in the past…which my fitter acknowledged, even though one of his fitters previously fit me into a lightweight S flex 🤦‍♂️). 

Goals for this Test: With the T110S, I’m chasing distance. This felt like the perfect balance for me – Players iron size and shape with added distance so I can feel good about myself. Based on initial data, I'm actually expecting an extra 8-12 yards out of these vs. my current set. My fitter/coach thinks that distance is going to come with too low of spins, but I was intent on trying the longer model, so I’m hoping I can prove him wrong. I'm also hoping to close the gap at the top of my irons, and hoping the added distance will lead to closer approaches on longer holes. 

Pre-test Arccos data – approach shots adjusted for clubs I'll be using as part of the test. I will try to figure out if I can reset it to compare to the net new set, or maybe it's an excuse to play 10 rounds to wipe out the old data. Note the long vs. short distribution: that Ross course in college groomed me into under-clubbing a bit -- short was tough but manageable, but long was dead on just about every hole, so I'm usually playing short of the flag:

image.png.9da71c744fc85fd66c21405a0d133a7c.png

image.png.1be70dc78dd87ae84363c3c06aff9a24.png

Good luck to the other testers – looking forward to getting my hands on these beasts!

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

Link to review

398 Comments

4 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Getoffmylawn:

Titleist was open and allowed us to choose whatever shafts we wanted. What I did when I went into my fitting was - I didn't have a preconceived notion as to what shaft I "wanted" because what I think might fit me might in reality not work the best for my swing. I'll reveal later on this week or early next week what shaft fitted my swing the best but for now take a look at the trackman results of each of the shafts I tried and tell me which two you think were the finalists for going into the T200 heads.

MDGolfHacker

Thanks, will do, just wondered how the OEM was treating it.  

17 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Thanks, will do, just wondered how the OEM was treating it.  

Titleist was awesome in opening the book to any shaft that they offer, featured or premium.   Also the fitter you asked about is 2nd Swing, they just opened a Maryland location about 2 years ago.   They only have 4 or 5 stores nationwide.  They arent' as big as Club Champion, but they offer just as many options and to me a more personalized session, I have been fit by both.

if you haven't already you should check out the 2nd Swing You Tube channel.  They do great club intros there.  They have a guy Thomas who is like Matt from TXG as far as swing speed goes, but they also have a woman who has a 90'ish mph swing speed do a lot of reviews as well, so it's relatable tot the masses. 

16 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Titleist was awesome in opening the book to any shaft that they offer, featured or premium.   Also the fitter you asked about is 2nd Swing, they just opened a Maryland location about 2 years ago.   They only have 4 or 5 stores nationwide.  They arent' as big as Club Champion, but they offer just as many options and to me a more personalized session, I have been fit by both.

if you haven't already you should check out the 2nd Swing You Tube channel.  They do great club intros there.  They have a guy Thomas who is like Matt from TXG as far as swing speed goes, but they also have a woman who has a 90'ish mph swing speed do a lot of reviews as well, so it's relatable tot the masses. 

I shop at the one in Delaware but I purchase a lot from their website for years. its like a 45 min drive from where I am so CC is a lot closer 5 min drive but 2nd swing is great bought a used driver there like 5-6 years ago and they went through the process of like a fitting adjusted the club and weights and all .. it was really cool. 

After the best iron striking season I've ever had, my golf swing has suddenly decided that it's entirely terrified of hitting the sweet spot. I've been absolutely living out of the toe the last few rounds. Gonna hit the range and see if I can root cause it with some video and get it back to where we were before the irons come in! Initial review intro coming soon...

On 8/16/2021 at 7:23 AM, ncwoz said:

After the best iron striking season I've ever had, my golf swing has suddenly decided that it's entirely terrified of hitting the sweet spot. I've been absolutely living out of the toe the last few rounds. Gonna hit the range and see if I can root cause it with some video and get it back to where we were before the irons come in! Initial review intro coming soon...

And I think I'm back on track!! Went to the range to record my swing (which I've been meaning to do for weeks now), and was shocked at how much I've reverted back to some old bad habits. However, now I actually know what I've been doing wrong and have already made the changes before, so I'm excited to get back to my ball-striking form from a few weeks ago!

Also, I just posted my review introduction, go check it out! I'll be posting about my fitting experience in a few days as well, as I thought it might be best to split it up into more manageable chunks instead of a 10,000 word info dump 🙂 Enjoy!

4 hours ago, cjeffs12 said:

Excited to follow this one, I love the way the T100 and T200 look. I'm saving up for irons now, and these are definitely at the top of the list. 

@cjeffs12 the look of the Titleist irons are 🔥. I'm testing the T200s and hit them during a fitting and they felt awesome (with the added plus of extra distance and forgiveness too!)

MDGolfHacker

24 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Well folks, the T200s will be in hand on Tuesday!  I'll be glad to answer any questions and I'll be posting a bunch of photos too. Thanks again to Titleist and MGS for  this testing opportunity!

MDGolfHacker

Nice! Planning on doing an unboxing video or anything along those lines?

55 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

@MDGolfHacker  I'm curious what was the factor that eliminated the Recoil 65 stiff?   Bad feel for you, extra effort to make the stiff flex work, or??  The dispersion and distance seemed good with it....Unless I am reading the charts incorrectly.

@Shapotomous, while I got slightly better distance numbers, i didn't like the feel of the recoil 65 as much as the AMT. The recoil, AMT Red and steel fiber i95s were my top 3 and the numbers were all within a a hair of each other.  I chose the AMT RED as I didn't seem to tire swinging the club with it in it and I never once felt like I had to change my swing (ie swing harder) to produce the numbers like I did with the steelfiber. Feel wise for me it was the AMT REDs over the Recoil 65s. What also wasn't shown in the graphs were the missed shots and I seemed to have a few more misses with the recoil. Notice there were only 4 swings with it.

MDGolfHacker

On 8/20/2021 at 1:09 AM, MDGolfHacker said:

Fitting Part 2:

Well all, as I eluded to during my intro and fitting part 1 (which can be found here: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/tests/19-testers-announced-titleist-t-series-irons/?do=findReview&review=38), I wanted to reveal what shaft I ended up going with.  Just a quick recap if you don't want to click and read the initial fitting write up for me. 

• Currently play Mizuno MP-20s
  • PX 5.5 shafts in the MP-20s
  • Standard Length, Loft and Lie setup for MP-20s

So, I went into the fitting without any preconceived notion as to what shaft would work best for me.  I defaulted to PX 5.5s in my previous iron sets because, well that's what I've played for years.  During the fitting, I found out that the PX 5.5 shafts no longer fit my swing, and probably hasn't fitted my swing for years😮☹️...so ladies and gentlemen, here are the launch numbers for each shaft I tested...

Trajectory of all shafts tested:

Screenshot_20210810-190234.png.521fe63bd1e0180259071abf039b1a9b.png

Dispersion:

Screenshot_20210810-191908.png.36e783d9aa154f7afe6a8fec5b95ddea.png

Current MP-20 Shaft: PX-5.5:

1312060300_Screenshot_20210810-1904322.png.0186a00f6b176509ad02364505b9d50d.png

Shafts eliminated from consideration:

1037614674_Screenshot_20210810-1902542.png.4bc92fbb6959ed6dbdf0f926e12aeb28.png195207096_Screenshot_20210810-1903032.png.ae32cd710f24b7db0dc6c52186021c8c.png942930842_Screenshot_20210810-1903262.png.9b7108de67a8e2c5610c32bc746e22a2.png142989889_Screenshot_20210810-1903402.png.09b38ad8ec5f609ac64d9bf6f0e561ab.png296706601_Screenshot_20210810-1903582.png.7ca2be25e068afbc6fef0df0f2d23ff7.png1926811896_Screenshot_20210810-1904062.png.e8b254b702bd258b70fb042918c903ff.png1860738283_Screenshot_20210810-1904222.png.225004903781e1ed613bf8ca0aef0cc2.png

And then there were two:

1692067084_Screenshot_20210810-1903162.png.901ce53e36fecfcb3935cb68b49995ca.png732277655_Screenshot_20210810-1903492.png.f9b6ac03b2d7c24fa3a5510dd488cc67.png

Kevin, the fitter, with my input, helped me narrow down the shaft choices to the Aerotech Steelfiber i95s and the  AMT RED Regular shafts. I hit both shafts again and here were my thoughts.  First thought was, what the heck!  I'm now being fitted for REGULAR flex shafts! But...but I've always played stiff shafts! Apparently father time has caught up with me and regular shafts maximize my slowing swing.  Between the two, the numbers were close with some faster club head speeds being generated with the Steelfiber I95s, BUT, I found, especially towards the end of the iron shaft testing, I felt like I had to swing the Steelfibers a bit harder to get the  same numbers I would of with the AMT RED.  The AMT RED felt effortless when I was swinging it, even after some 90+ swings that I had made.  What I didn't want to have in an iron shaft was to swing harder when getting tired towards the end of a round.  So there you have it folks, I could of gotten the most exotic vibranium carbon fiber with hints of badger shafts for the T200s but was fit into the AMT RED shaft in regular flex no less (which is one of the many standard shafts Titleist provides).  I was also fitted for standard length, loft and lie.  I'm feeling really good about this fitting and excited to see how this translates onto course play!

Interesting stats from the fitting:

• Average club head speed increased by 2.9 MPH going from the stiff PX 5.5 shaft to the AMT RED in regular flex
  • Average ball speed increased by 8.2 MPH
  • Average smash factor went up by .06
  • Average spin rate went down 405 RPM
  • Average carry increased 16 yards and overall distance went up 16.4 yards

So my final take away is get fitted by a professional fitter and watch better numbers come out from just getting the right equipment that compliments your swing!

MDGolfHacker

My guess was going to be pink. The data points were all very consistent with that one.

@MDGolfHacker, I really enjoyed reading about your fitting experience and can't wait to see how the clubs work out for you on the course. It looks like that AMT Red is going to be a great shaft for you, increased distance, less spin, and still getting the stopping power with the descent angle. 

On 8/11/2021 at 6:19 AM, Nolan220 said:

They allowed us to chose whatever shaft they were offering on their website, which was a lot of options. I went with the Tensei blue which was a little up change on their website but what I was fitted into.  

This is what I am going with as well, T300 with Tensei Blue.

Except i am not a tester 😂

17 minutes ago, Nolan220 said:

Haha when you get them let us know your thoughts in here always good to have another option on the T300s

I will likely post some unofficial thoughts on the T300 irons. Don't know when they are going to arrive though, maybe the test might be done by the time they arrive. 

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

I will likely post some unofficial thoughts on the T300 irons. Don't know when they are going to arrive though, maybe the test might be done by the time they arrive. 

True, either way can’t wait for your review to post here or your own thread 

On 8/16/2021 at 6:23 AM, ncwoz said:

I get it! I was having an amazing "comeback" season, after taking about 8 years off. Then just as everything was coming together, I forgot how to swing my irons completely... I like the idea of getting video, but I'm not the best at breaking down where I went wrong... best of luck! Looking forward to the review!

5 hours ago, Superjoemofo said:

I get it! I was having an amazing "comeback" season, after taking about 8 years off. Then just as everything was coming together, I forgot how to swing my irons completely... I like the idea of getting video, but I'm not the best at breaking down where I went wrong... best of luck! Looking forward to the review!

I feel your pain! I've been able to hit the range a few times now with some promise, so hopefully things continue to trend in the right direction. Hope you can get your swing figured out as well! This is a crazy game we play 🙂

12 hours ago, Superjoemofo said:

Same for me. A few weeks ago I was cruising into make my league playoffs then the wheels fell off the game enough to drop me towards the bottom and in danger of me missing the cut! Luckily, the game came back but the damage is done. Couple that with a missed week due to vacation and the previous week when I was on 🔥but got doused when it was called due to lightning and rain, I now have today to shoot low.  We'll see how I do when I put the T200's in instead of the MP-20s..

7 hours ago, ncwoz said:

I feel your pain! I've been able to hit the range a few times now with some promise, so hopefully things continue to trend in the right direction. Hope you can get your swing figured out as well! This is a crazy game we play 🙂

Crazy is right!!

MDGolfHacker