Signup Closed: Sub70 849 Pro Driver

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,895 signups
Equipment Type: Driver
Vendor: Sub70

Testers Wanted! 4 Testers, open to international applicants (RH only).

pixlr_20210903181047084.jpg

Sub 70 is the #1 Direct to Consumer golf company according to MyGolfSpy readers. This is due, in part, to the high-quality/low-cost nature of its equipment portfolio. And with the addition of the better-player-focused, 849 Pro driver, the company continues to update its resume with golf gear designed for lower handicap players.

The Sub 70 849 Pro driver is 450cc (10 cc less than the legal maximum) and fade-biased. In addition, the849 Pro comes with a weight kit and is adjustable seven ways to Sunday. Each head can be adjusted two degrees up or down in 0.5- to 0.75-degree increments. At its lowest loft setting, the face angle sits 4.5 degrees open and, as you loft up, it reaches 3.5 degrees closed. It has three sole weights: a 12-gram weight in the rear and two three-gram weights in the heel and toe. The weight kit includes a six-, eight- and 10-gram weight, allowing you to adjust further for shot shape and launch.

With all of that said, we'd like to get feedback from MyGolfSpy readers.

0 Comments

Driver tests are always fun; I just ordered a RadSpeed, so I think I'll sit this one out. Good luck y'all!

• Like 2

Very Cool Test! Love seeing how the small guy stacks up against the big OEM's. Especially with clubs aimed at the better player (who also tend to be a bit pickier)

• Like 2

"Better player focused" is definitely not me but I'm sure this is going to be an amazing test for some spies. All of the Sub70 gear seems to get great reviews and I'm sure this will continue that trend. Good luck to everyone entering!

• Like 7

Tempted to apply. Just got the Max ls in a trade but would be great to compare the forgiveness vs the max ls

• Like 3

OOOOOOOOOOhhh, I love this as a testing op. Got a Sub70 5 wood this summer and I have loved it!  Happy with my TSi3 atm but I am super interested in hearing from the fellow spies on how this DTC driver stacks up! 

• Like 5

Well! I was just looking at this beauty yesterday... Today is the sign-up for testers.... hmmmm..... 

Good Luck to all who apply!

• Like 1

Unless I'm missing something on their website, they want us to let them choose our specs

based on certain criteria that we fill in 

rather than let us choose our own specs  directly.

That would be a non-starter.

2 hours ago, russtopherb said:

"Better player focused" is definitely not me but I'm sure this is going to be an amazing test for some spies. All of the Sub70 gear seems to get great reviews and I'm sure this will continue that trend. Good luck to everyone entering!

I wavered on whether to sign up given those words, but figured an 18 handicapper might actually be valuable for consistency, forgiveness, and standard deviation testing. And since I use two different drivers depending on how my back is feeling, this is one where I'd have comps for it against my "forgiving" and "long" drivers. 

• Like 3

Good luck fellow spies. Just finished testing (Voice Caddie SL2), so time for others to get in on this one.  Just moved to the TSi2 (from the G400 Max I gamed for years) so need to give that some time in the bag.  Looking forward to the feedback from "the chosen" !

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, CarlH said:

I'm in for this one.   Looking for a new driver, as it is.

So you're not getting along with the TSi any longer?

6 minutes ago, Tom D. said:

So you're not getting along with the TSi any longer?

Must have me mixed up with someone else.  I'm hitting a Ping G400 Max.  Getting along with it fine.  But, I'm considering others.

• Like 1

Would love to test this one. I am considering a new driver soon to replace an old Diablo Edge, and this one is on the short list. My plan is to get get a fitting to help the shaft and spec selection,

Would love to test just kicked out my PXG 0811, and have the 639s being built right now. 

18 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Must have me mixed up with someone else.  I'm hitting a Ping G400 Max.  Getting along with it fine.  But, I'm considering others.

Yep, obviously have you mixed up with someone else, and shouldn't have relied on my aging brain, but taken a few extra moments to actually look up the test to confirm.  I just moved from G400 Max that I gamed for a few years, to a TSi2 with the Tensei blue 55 reg flex shaft and found a few extra yards with the same level of forgiveness.  Good luck in your quest !

• Like 2

I'll say enjoy to any testers going for this. My lesson was learned and driver testing is off my plate. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1