Jump to content

Test In-Progress: Cobra Connect 5

Testers
Equipment Type: Irons, Driver, Wedges, Bag
Vendor: Cobra Golf

 

 

 IT'S

COBRA CONNECT 5

 

 

Cobra Connect 5 Challenge partnered with Arccos, all participants receive a 13 club Cobra bag and will take part in various challenges.  To broaden the reach of the line, the competition will consist of four Radspeed sets of clubs as well as  two King Tour MIM sets! The full bag includes a players choice of:

  • Driver
  • Hybrids/FW
  • Irons-either Radspeed or King Tour MIM (must choose one on your entry)
  • Wedges
  • Cobra Ultralite Stand Bag

This years event will be a team format, with 3 players on each team.  There be weekly or bi weekly challenges for teams and/or individual challenges.  

Prizes will be awarded for each challenge and for the overall winners. 

Team Captains

We also have a fun addition in adding team Captains, but not just any Team Captains.

Team Chad-Chad DeHart - Manager, Product & Innovation @ Cobra Golf

Team Yags-Mike Yagley - VP, Innovation/AI @ Cobra Golf

Both Chad and Yags will be following the competition closely, and may or may not have a side bet or two between them on the results.   

And don't be surprised if depending on circumstances and availability, the Captains may jump in with their respective teams one week for the competition. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

525 Comments




Yesssssssss!!!!!

Last year’s challenge was a blast to follow along with. I enjoyed participating in some of the contests, especially when it came to challenging @B.Boston given the smack talk that came with it. 

Truly hoping to be amongst the testers this year.

B8F0F9C1-BD48-45DB-96A9-DA4A0200B758.gif.ff92463d3c9d46b0ae93f067577aedae.gif

Did I mention I’m getting married this summer?! Wedding gift from MGS and Cobra?! If it helps, we had to postpone from last summer because of COVID...

9DC4C10A-649D-4E05-A666-B1AB5362DBF9.gif.963b961df8d0d8250a6229a3a06cff02.gif

As promised, I will go to the Cobra Tour Van for a fitting if selected. I will, of course, film the experience for the viewing pleasure of our illustrious members. 

888EDE6D-95B9-4500-B5DA-6E1E876C95E5.jpeg.e37034ed04f37164b77034f24426f6d2.jpeg

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Doesn’t seem to be any geographical restrictions, I’m in. Hope my disrespectful “Lexi Thomson” pic from CC4 doesn’t harm my chances🤞

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
Link to comment

I am a retired club fitter/builder and would like to see how Cobra has improved its product.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I know I know, trying to make the joke work.  Work with me here...

I think I know what the problem is...You tested the golf balls with a different compression gauge the first and 2nd time and don't remember which was which when asked about it. Also @B.Boston's golf ball you tested was turned in by his competition so who really knows if they tampered with it first...

 

Ohh and side note...Everybody else is doing it...

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, edingc said:

Couldn't like this post and all of the replies enough! Getting Chad and Yagley involved is going to be epic, on top of the Tour MIMs being available this year.

Hands down, best summer ever playing golf was last year during #CC4. Can't wait to follow along.

We need some alumni challenges!

rock.gif.75a9b0930bc522f81d09fe9fa7c20031.gif

I like the sound of these alumni challenges!!

In all seriousness, before anyone applies for this you need to be sure you can commit enough time to do it justice. It's a lot of hard work with a huge amount of expectation placed on you. The rewards for that work are huge and totally worth it though 😁😎.

I wonder who's name will join the likes of @fozcycle, @Bucky CC and some guy from some strange town full of second rate teams...

 

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

One thing I’ll need to do if I get picked is seriously up my meme game. Last years will be a tough act to follow

  • Like 3
Link to comment
23 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

I like the sound of these alumni challenges!!

In all seriousness, before anyone applies for this you need to be sure you can commit enough time to do it justice. It's a lot of hard work with a huge amount of expectation placed on you. The rewards for that work are huge and totally worth it though 😁😎.

I wonder who's name will join the likes of @fozcycle, @Bucky CC and some guy from some strange town full of second rate teams...

 

You know... I expect that type of behavior from the others.. but not from you! 😂

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

This is officially my favorite time of the year, the announcement of the Cobra Connect Challenge!200.gif.b41b9741dd3f2ecbb4e4d7f10f8c8e7b.gif

A big thank you goes out to MyGolfSpy and Cobra for hosting the mega event of the year here on the forum. Did I mention this is my favorite time of the year? 

Good luck to everyone applying, I know the mods and Cobra will pick the right competitors and this will be a fun follow. 

I'm not going to throw my hat in the ring this year. Work is about to get crazy and I won't have the time to put in the commitment this great event requires. 

It'll still be a fun ride, heckling and rooting for the competitors. I can't wait to see it start. 

  • Like 5
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Had a set of Cobra irons (Mild Steel?) back in mid-80s & one of my sons still uses the SW. Those were very difficult to find a sweet spot on for me & I was an 8 Hcp back then. Would love to test & detail the magnificent advanced Cobra has made since that set. 

Link to comment

Cobra Connect Baby! 

Regular length stiff shafts for an overpowering 85mph swing speed.

I'm a tournament placing ole high indexer with time to test out clubs. Bring them on guys!

I live in Bryson country where we golf ALL year round.

 

Link to comment

Gonna start this puppy off right. One of my favorite replies in the “testers wanted” thread for CCC4 was @sirchunksalotpost of who he thought each of the testers represented and was just an awsome post.

well we clearly don’t know testers but I’m starting off the memes right. In celebration of a “vs” war let’s take a look at some of our historical matchups.

Will we have a real David and Goliath situation of teams? Hopefully no stones are thrown....

B63CC668-FE39-487C-B28E-1DAF1BA412E2.jpeg.c2e13428fcd3b28c4dfe34ab28f34309.jpeg

Maybe a real Tyson vs Holyfield situation? No ear biting people, let’s keep it civil yea?

0CA57987-C657-47C6-A726-79A90F2FACA8.jpeg.98082f4f8744166ab947a21e6b0a0403.jpeg

for all us gamers, a long rivalry between PlayStation and Xbox? My votes on team Xbox, and thank goodness Xbox is back in the MLB games because I was about ready to swap

3DDBD0B7-F725-4047-A475-968A4ED00F6E.jpeg.5e6949eb588119d6fadf896fd81b497e.jpeg

could we have a real monstars vs toonsquad for all us 80s baby’s? Hopefully no ones taking powers from the PGA tour for this challenge

048291FF-D8D5-4783-802B-573927473C3F.jpeg.07e76e1c81948e9d33b8c1252fd170df.jpeg

and lastly one near and dear to my heart coors light vs Miller light (sorry bud light you don’t make this battle). Hopefully we can all enjoy an ice cold beverage of choice as this CCC5 challenge gets started on the right foot and we can enjoy a wonderful period of team bashing coming up!

036E3912-FA83-4D22-B72E-2C79833807BD.jpeg.00c9c7a92d3f3e1da8defaa71d45c0e2.jpeg

cheers all!

  • Like 8
Link to comment

Well since it is gif posting time. 
 

To my fellow applicants, Never forget that the cobra can quickly turn on you if you don’t respect it!

7F3341C9-7824-4960-B459-CFBE4EA790B0.gif.cc6f17b0a273b2b37bef02e89b57494c.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
27 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Gonna start this puppy off right. One of my favorite replies in the “testers wanted” thread for CCC4 was @sirchunksalotpost of who he thought each of the testers represented and was just an awsome post.

well we clearly don’t know testers but I’m starting off the memes right. In celebration of a “vs” war let’s take a look at some of our historical matchups.

Will we have a real David and Goliath situation of teams? Hopefully no stones are thrown....

B63CC668-FE39-487C-B28E-1DAF1BA412E2.jpeg.c2e13428fcd3b28c4dfe34ab28f34309.jpeg

Maybe a real Tyson vs Holyfield situation? No ear biting people, let’s keep it civil yea?

0CA57987-C657-47C6-A726-79A90F2FACA8.jpeg.98082f4f8744166ab947a21e6b0a0403.jpeg

for all us gamers, a long rivalry between PlayStation and Xbox? My votes on team Xbox, and thank goodness Xbox is back in the MLB games because I was about ready to swap

3DDBD0B7-F725-4047-A475-968A4ED00F6E.jpeg.5e6949eb588119d6fadf896fd81b497e.jpeg

could we have a real monstars vs toonsquad for all us 80s baby’s? Hopefully no ones taking powers from the PGA tour for this challenge

048291FF-D8D5-4783-802B-573927473C3F.jpeg.07e76e1c81948e9d33b8c1252fd170df.jpeg

and lastly one near and dear to my heart coors light vs Miller light (sorry bud light you don’t make this battle). Hopefully we can all enjoy an ice cold beverage of choice as this CCC5 challenge gets started on the right foot and we can enjoy a wonderful period of team bashing coming up!

036E3912-FA83-4D22-B72E-2C79833807BD.jpeg.00c9c7a92d3f3e1da8defaa71d45c0e2.jpeg

cheers all!

Well we know who @Wedgieis voting for on that last matchup... speaking of which, isn’t about time he shows up and throws some venom around?  Or maybe he’s waiting until he knows who the competitors are?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

This is F@#$"N crazy already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna be the best year ever...because CC4 will be bringing the banter to an all time new high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See the source image

  • Like 7
Link to comment
6 hours ago, djodars said:

New to the forums but that's a cool way to get people moving and interacting with each other 🙂 very generous of Cobra too! Looking forward to reading more about it.

 

5 hours ago, StormierCanine3 said:

As a new forum member this looks awesome!  I've been looking at irons to replace my 2014 Karstens and it looks like RADSpeed should be in the mix!

I encourage you both to go back and read the threads from any of the previous challenges to get an idea of how great they were. 

5 hours ago, B.Boston said:

So what’s that about... 3427 memes/gifs to go?

2FF8EB84-1EBB-4BB9-94F2-10965F1301C2.png.06a91f89353867157a29cc67751f8204.png

 

3 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

One thing I’ll need to do if I get picked is seriously up my meme game. Last years will be a tough act to follow

There wasn’t space in the announcement format to mention that GIF and Meme functions will be disabled in this years thread! 
 

I’m kidding.....or am I 😉

 

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

 

There wasn’t space in the announcement format to mention that GIF and Meme functions will be disabled in this years thread! 
 

I’m kidding.....or am I 😉

 

If you're suggesting we might have to kick it old school....

 

79799457_peter_griffin-ascii.gif.5d16140f65aa81cd3ed7fc3b5bb5d323.gif

 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
5 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Only 184 pages to go to break last years record.

Typing GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I mean seriously, It was so difficult to stay caught up on everything last year! These things have only gotten crazier each year so this is bound to be the best CCC yet! 

giphy.gif

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

One of the best parts is waking up (my CET time) and having 2 pages of content to go through while I have my morning coffee!
Frankies Faves Dance GIF - FrankiesFaves Dance Coffee GIFs

Also nearly 1000 signups already... I'm guessing in the 5000 range when all said and done. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...