Jump to content

Test In-Progress: Cobra Connect 5

Testers
Equipment Type: Irons, Driver, Wedges, Bag
Vendor: Cobra Golf

 

 

 IT'S

COBRA CONNECT 5

 

 

Cobra Connect 5 Challenge partnered with Arccos, all participants receive a 13 club Cobra bag and will take part in various challenges.  To broaden the reach of the line, the competition will consist of four Radspeed sets of clubs as well as  two King Tour MIM sets! The full bag includes a players choice of:

  • Driver
  • Hybrids/FW
  • Irons-either Radspeed or King Tour MIM (must choose one on your entry)
  • Wedges
  • Cobra Ultralite Stand Bag

This years event will be a team format, with 3 players on each team.  There be weekly or bi weekly challenges for teams and/or individual challenges.  

Prizes will be awarded for each challenge and for the overall winners. 

Team Captains

We also have a fun addition in adding team Captains, but not just any Team Captains.

Team Chad-Chad DeHart - Manager, Product & Innovation @ Cobra Golf

Team Yags-Mike Yagley - VP, Innovation/AI @ Cobra Golf

Both Chad and Yags will be following the competition closely, and may or may not have a side bet or two between them on the results.   

And don't be surprised if depending on circumstances and availability, the Captains may jump in with their respective teams one week for the competition. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

525 Comments




New to the forums but that's a cool way to get people moving and interacting with each other 🙂 very generous of Cobra too! Looking forward to reading more about it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, knightsofnii said:

Aside from really really hoping I get to do this this season or in the future, I'm really stoked they're including Cobra design staff. 

I hope that whether I'm picked or not, that forum participants get to interact with Chad and Mike, as I pretty much apply to every Cobra design/engineer job that pops up.  🙂 😜🤣  It would be neat to hear about some of their industry experiences. 

Inside scoop:

Chad and Yags are awesome.  We got to really talk about the equipment and what we liked and didn’t like. 
 

it’s going to be hard to side with a team but right now my early edge goes to #teamYAGS because it reminds me of Then great Carl “Yaz” Yastrzemski. 
 

no offense Chad, you still my boy. 😂

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

 

Hell, I'm not afraid, especially of @B.Boston.  In fact...

i don't always make jokes but when i do, they're usually about boston  sports teams - Most interesting man in the world | Meme Generator

 

It’s ok,  I can deal with your jokes... I’ll keep my trophy to go along with the other teams! 😂

35C723AB-7C38-456F-8385-E2738A48E33A.jpeg.a0944cde31efdbc0c3adf3fb22555023.jpeg

 

 

 

 

 

...But yeah no bar fight you’d definitely win.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Nice! This is always such an epic test/thread. I think it's still too soon for me following my TSi test so I will sit this one out but plan to follow closely.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Cobra Connect 4 was one of the greatest golf experiences of my life!!! Good luck to this year's potential contestants!!!

  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Hmmm 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Sadly, I wish I was joking.

MGS, it pains me to have to be the one to deliver this news, but it appears the results of CC4 are now under scrutiny.  It turns out that @B.Boston was illegally lowering the compression of his golf balls during play, the technical/Boston term is “deflating.”  Additionally, it seems he was also secretly making video recordings of his competitors pre-round range sessions, the technical/Boston term being walk-throughs.

When asked “how can you sleep at night?” @B.Bostononly responded “it’s wicked hard.”

 More to come as this story unfolds.

 

I saw him with a 15th club too

 

6B0E866C-37E7-42DD-9BCD-8E8292268E02.jpeg

  • Haha 7
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Sadly, I wish I was joking.

MGS, it pains me to have to be the one to deliver this news, but it appears the results of CC4 are now under scrutiny.  It turns out that @B.Boston was illegally lowering the compression of his golf balls during play, the technical/Boston term is “deflating.”  Additionally, it seems he was also secretly making video recordings of his competitors pre-round range sessions, the technical/Boston term being walk-throughs.

When asked “how can you sleep at night?” @B.Bostononly responded “it’s wicked hard.”

 More to come as this story unfolds.

 

But why would I deflate them?  I studied in at the Tony Covey school of golfball engineering. The number one thing I learned:

B9CE7D24-3FAE-42C0-8337-4762D1B1078B.jpeg.86c0d0d0e8056098630ff6bf1c2d3ce7.jpeg

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Just now, B.Boston said:

But why would I deflate them?  I studied in at the Tony Covey school of golfball engineering. The number one thing I learned:

B9CE7D24-3FAE-42C0-8337-4762D1B1078B.jpeg.86c0d0d0e8056098630ff6bf1c2d3ce7.jpeg

 

I know I know, trying to make the joke work.  Work with me here...

  • Haha 2
Link to comment

As a new forum member this looks awesome!  I've been looking at irons to replace my 2014 Karstens and it looks like RADSpeed should be in the mix!

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I know I know, trying to make the joke work.  Work with me here...

Maybe that's why my driving distance is down and I can't keep up with you Honma driver testers!  I think someone was trying to make me lose! 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
44 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

 

Hell, I'm not afraid, especially of @B.Boston.  In fact...

i don't always make jokes but when i do, they're usually about boston  sports teams - Most interesting man in the world | Meme Generator

Rats! I now regret having not been active last fall on the Forum ... how bout them Dolphins! 😃

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Saw the Cobra hybrids and decided to  try- love them- easy to hit- wish they came also in a 3 have the 4 & 5- looking for new clubs this year.

Link to comment

just what I need    a full bag of all new equipment...I need a change for the sake of change

Link to comment
1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

Only 184 pages to go to break last years record.

Typing GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

So what’s that about... 3427 memes/gifs to go?

2FF8EB84-1EBB-4BB9-94F2-10965F1301C2.png.06a91f89353867157a29cc67751f8204.png

  • Haha 4
Link to comment

It's funny how the CCC brings out the SHIp talking amongst us all.. And to a very high level, some of the Best I've ever seen... LOL 

 

the best part of this is watching painfully, the competitors try to figure out how to win.. as Any Alum knows it's hard to do... 

  • Like 4
  • Hmmm 1
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...