Final Reviews: L.A.B Putters

Equipment Type: Putter
Vendor: L.A.B

*Note* Follow along in the new threads for each model *Note*

Please help us congratulate the following testers:

@Shankster @EasyPutter @Bulldog @B_R_A_D_Y @Lmerrick @Samsonite

@bens197 @Dragon3 @revkev @Grand Stranded @thechrisgibbs @GolfSpy_CS

image.png
Ever wanted to be a part of the data MyGolfSpy collects over the course of the season? Welcome to Testers Wanted, where we recruit readers like you for objective feedback on products that roll into HQ throughout the year!

You can say a lot of things about L.A.B. Putters but you certainly can’t say they’re boring. Or conventional. Or even unoriginal. Even the owner calls them "absurd."

Leveraging an approach called "lie angle balancing" (hence L.A.B. Golf) the brand feels it has a technology to help you make more putts.

That said, we need testers like you to assess, and report back to us here at MyGolfSpy!

Important: Each tester will be required to submit a fitting video per L.A.B.'s fitting process and be prepared to provide as much detailed feedback as possible
Want to learn more about MGS Forum tests and how we select our testers? Check out this thread as it has everything and anything you need to know all in one place: MGS Forum How to Become a Tester

192 Comments

2 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

And if anyone needs an appropriate quote from Princess Bride while writing your review, you know who to ask. 😜

I would almost think that between everyone in that thread, we could enact the entire movie in a thread dedicated to PB, but yeah I think we got the quotes covered.

In all honesty, the builds for everyone are what I'm most intrigued in. In DF 2.1 alone there are three heads, three grips, eight shafts and 36 lineup lines for a total of 2592 potential builds at base level, not including length and lie. B.2 has 160 different possibilities and Mezz.1 has 72.

In total, folks have the selection of over 2824 different builds, at standard length style putting, not counting potential armlock or broomstick builds as well.

Let's get weird...

37 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

In all honesty, the builds for everyone are what I'm most intrigued in. In DF 2.1 alone there are three heads, three grips, eight shafts and 36 lineup lines for a total of 2592 potential builds at base level, not including length and lie. B.2 has 160 different possibilities and Mezz.1 has 72.

In total, folks have the selection of over 2824 different builds, at standard length style putting, not counting potential armlock or broomstick builds as well.

Let's get weird...

That was my plan my plan going in @Berg Ryman! Hopefully it plays out the way I hope after the fitting process. If it’s left up to me, I’d like to go completely off the reservation here, and go with something that I’ve never done before.

My first choice would be the broomstick, then the armlock would be second. Either one of those in a 2.1 head would be a lot of fun to try.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

271 Comments

I love niche ideas... especially when they work (ex - single length irons)

Standing over a 10 footer to win the day
Buddy "Dude, that putter is so ugly"
As you sink the 10 footer to win the day "But that putt was so pretty"

I would love to test these out.  I just had my first putter test this week and the instructor said this design would best fit my stroke.  

There's something fun and exciting about the L.A.B. putter, and I'd love to give one a try.  I'm looking forward to hearing from those selected, although I'd love to be the one sharing the information with others!

I have been wanting to try/bag one of these putters for a while now.  I tried out the crazy looking putter at a PGA superstore and was more impressed with it than anything else I've tried.  The expense of it was a big consideration.  If I hadn't just spent a good bit of money on irons recently, I probably would've highly considered buying it.  I've improved on putting the last year or so more than any other time in my golfing life, but I still struggle with inconsistency (good for a couple weeks, then bad for a month) and definitely wouldn't call it a strength.  Three-putts (and sometimes chipping) are my nemesis.  All that said, I would LOVE to try one of these!!!  I am optimistic about what it claims it can do.
My goal is to get my handicap down from a 9-10 to a 4-5, and I think putting can be the biggest/quickest key for me in that goal.

Can I just ask for a fitter reasonably near me and a discount code? 🤣 I've been on the fence about trying LAB for a while, I've got 4 putters in the basement that all never seem to give me quite the right combo. Been fitted twice, and I actually notice/feel the putter "torquing" in my hands thru the stroke. Have two face balanced and two toe hang putters, I'm almost certain LAB would shave a bunch of strokes off my game 😎

I’ve been looking at some Evnroll putters and almost pulled the trigger. Watched the L.A.B. video that compares toe hang and balance. Will be interesting to see what comes back from the testers in regards to how the face squares up. 

Always cool to see really unique designs and new ways companies try to achieve the perfect putter. Curious to see how these work out and what consumers think of them.

Would jump at the chance to try this putter. I have read numerous articles about how fantastic this brand is and I would love to find out for myself.

Always looking for something to get the ball started on line better. Would love to put this up against my gamer in the putting green at the house.

I'm going through a horrible case of the yips w/ my Scottie Cameron mallet. I'd love to try something with a new look and different feel to see if I can find my way back from the wilderness!

I think this putter could be a game changer! I'm available as a tester. Thanks, I play three times a week so can give it a thourough review.

Since I am an atrocious putter, averaging at or over 36 putts, if the Directed Force can reduce my putts, it’ll work for anyone.