Final Reviews: L.A.B Putters

Equipment Type: Putter
Vendor: L.A.B

*Note* Follow along in the new threads for each model *Note*

Please help us congratulate the following testers:

@Shankster @EasyPutter @Bulldog @B_R_A_D_Y @Lmerrick @Samsonite

@bens197 @Dragon3 @revkev @Grand Stranded @thechrisgibbs @GolfSpy_CS

image.png
Ever wanted to be a part of the data MyGolfSpy collects over the course of the season? Welcome to Testers Wanted, where we recruit readers like you for objective feedback on products that roll into HQ throughout the year!

You can say a lot of things about L.A.B. Putters but you certainly can’t say they’re boring. Or conventional. Or even unoriginal. Even the owner calls them "absurd."

Leveraging an approach called "lie angle balancing" (hence L.A.B. Golf) the brand feels it has a technology to help you make more putts.

That said, we need testers like you to assess, and report back to us here at MyGolfSpy!

Important: Each tester will be required to submit a fitting video per L.A.B.'s fitting process and be prepared to provide as much detailed feedback as possible
Want to learn more about MGS Forum tests and how we select our testers? Check out this thread as it has everything and anything you need to know all in one place: MGS Forum How to Become a Tester

192 Comments

2 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

And if anyone needs an appropriate quote from Princess Bride while writing your review, you know who to ask. 😜

I would almost think that between everyone in that thread, we could enact the entire movie in a thread dedicated to PB, but yeah I think we got the quotes covered.

In all honesty, the builds for everyone are what I'm most intrigued in. In DF 2.1 alone there are three heads, three grips, eight shafts and 36 lineup lines for a total of 2592 potential builds at base level, not including length and lie. B.2 has 160 different possibilities and Mezz.1 has 72.

In total, folks have the selection of over 2824 different builds, at standard length style putting, not counting potential armlock or broomstick builds as well.

Let's get weird...

37 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

In all honesty, the builds for everyone are what I'm most intrigued in. In DF 2.1 alone there are three heads, three grips, eight shafts and 36 lineup lines for a total of 2592 potential builds at base level, not including length and lie. B.2 has 160 different possibilities and Mezz.1 has 72.

In total, folks have the selection of over 2824 different builds, at standard length style putting, not counting potential armlock or broomstick builds as well.

Let's get weird...

That was my plan my plan going in @Berg Ryman! Hopefully it plays out the way I hope after the fitting process. If it’s left up to me, I’d like to go completely off the reservation here, and go with something that I’ve never done before.

My first choice would be the broomstick, then the armlock would be second. Either one of those in a 2.1 head would be a lot of fun to try.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

271 Comments

Right now I am going through the decision between my old mallet style that I have had for 20+ years and a Ping Anser copy like I used to play many years ago.  It would be very interesting to try something entirely unique compared to either one of those.

Very intrigued about the theory and subsequently the design of these unique putters and would love to try.

I play with a guy in our group that loves his LAB putter. I have hit few putts with his and have wanted to give one a try. I have several different blade putters and a couple of mallet putters but nothing quite as unique as the LAB. 

I bought my first new putter in 25 years for Christmas. I am a very good putter and was surprised that the Cobra Stingray with SIC face could make actually take my putting to the next level. It would be interesting to see weather L.A.B could take it even further.

I have done quite a bit of reading about L.A.B putters and love the idea that they are throwing out traditional ideas about putting and putter fittings. I am quite an inconsistent putter and therefore I'm always looking for new ideas and products related to putting. This will be a fantastic review that may have a huge impact on how people approach putter fittings in the future.

Count me in. I've been working on putting, it's my weak spot, so having a putter for a period of time to really test would be fun.

Always been interested in these. Hit one a few times at the Palm Desert PGA Superstore and was intrigued as to how it would perform on the course.  

Very interested to see how this one goes! Having no idea what my putter stroke really is, a putter fitting is something I've been contemplating for awhile. After seeing the tester announcment, come to find LAB makes is very accessible. 

Very interested in following this test! I'd love to give these a try. I've played VAS irons, Callaway square FTI driver and a Ping Doc 15.5 putter. So I'm definitely not averse to playing different looking equipment 

I've played over 50 years and have always struggled significantly with my putting, despite being around a scratch golfer. I finally figured out about 2 years ago that I putt best with a center shafted putter, which the LAB putters are, but I still struggle. I need to find a putter that raises me to the next level in my game. I've been intrigued with LAB putters when I heard about them a year ago and would love to test them out. The LAB putters aren't sold in golf shops and I can't afford to spend that amount of money on a putter that I haven't tested. I'm truly interested in being a tester, gain confidence in my putting stroke and start draining putts! I have a gut feeling that this is my putter and want to prove it!

18 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Good luck to all who apply. I checked out all the locations for a fitting and the closest one to me was over 2 hours away.

The description of the test was that a remote fitting was required and not an in person fitting.   LAB has a process where you take a video and they will determine the length and lie angle.  

Recently bought a practice putting setup from PuttOut to improve my putter face control and speed, and raise my self-confidence when I'm humbled by my (lack of) skills with my long clubs 😆. Best of luck to all; these things look wild!

Have been on the lookout for a new putter for a while now but I'm reluctant to spend a fortune on a new putter without the chance to try it out first, and nowhere near me appears to stock L.A.B putters. I'm fascinated by the concept and would love to give them a go! 

Extremely excited about this test have been doing my research for my next putter and LAB golf is definitely high up on the list. Still yet to actually try one though. Very much look forward to the results of the test and hopefully I’m one of the lucky ones who gets to test it.

Would love to try that putter out. I like the shape and I play 3-4 rounds per week,so I can give you an honest opinion on how this putter performs. Thanks