Final Reviews: L.A.B Putters

Equipment Type: Putter
Vendor: L.A.B

*Note* Follow along in the new threads for each model *Note*

Please help us congratulate the following testers:

@Shankster @EasyPutter @Bulldog @B_R_A_D_Y @Lmerrick @Samsonite

@bens197 @Dragon3 @revkev @Grand Stranded @thechrisgibbs @GolfSpy_CS

image.png
Ever wanted to be a part of the data MyGolfSpy collects over the course of the season? Welcome to Testers Wanted, where we recruit readers like you for objective feedback on products that roll into HQ throughout the year!

You can say a lot of things about L.A.B. Putters but you certainly can’t say they’re boring. Or conventional. Or even unoriginal. Even the owner calls them "absurd."

Leveraging an approach called "lie angle balancing" (hence L.A.B. Golf) the brand feels it has a technology to help you make more putts.

That said, we need testers like you to assess, and report back to us here at MyGolfSpy!

Important: Each tester will be required to submit a fitting video per L.A.B.'s fitting process and be prepared to provide as much detailed feedback as possible
Want to learn more about MGS Forum tests and how we select our testers? Check out this thread as it has everything and anything you need to know all in one place: MGS Forum How to Become a Tester

192 Comments

2 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

And if anyone needs an appropriate quote from Princess Bride while writing your review, you know who to ask. 😜

I would almost think that between everyone in that thread, we could enact the entire movie in a thread dedicated to PB, but yeah I think we got the quotes covered.

In all honesty, the builds for everyone are what I'm most intrigued in. In DF 2.1 alone there are three heads, three grips, eight shafts and 36 lineup lines for a total of 2592 potential builds at base level, not including length and lie. B.2 has 160 different possibilities and Mezz.1 has 72.

In total, folks have the selection of over 2824 different builds, at standard length style putting, not counting potential armlock or broomstick builds as well.

Let's get weird...

37 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

In all honesty, the builds for everyone are what I'm most intrigued in. In DF 2.1 alone there are three heads, three grips, eight shafts and 36 lineup lines for a total of 2592 potential builds at base level, not including length and lie. B.2 has 160 different possibilities and Mezz.1 has 72.

In total, folks have the selection of over 2824 different builds, at standard length style putting, not counting potential armlock or broomstick builds as well.

Let's get weird...

That was my plan my plan going in @Berg Ryman! Hopefully it plays out the way I hope after the fitting process. If it’s left up to me, I’d like to go completely off the reservation here, and go with something that I’ve never done before.

My first choice would be the broomstick, then the armlock would be second. Either one of those in a 2.1 head would be a lot of fun to try.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

271 Comments

5 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Inconceivable!

Bringing up that movie reminds me of starting my current job. One of our leads was just so smooth shooting screws and he was left handed. I told him I could never be that good for "I am not left handed". The look of confusion he gave me was epic! I asked if he'd ever seen "The Princess Bride" and I think it almost offended him that I asked about a movie that he perceived didn't have the appropriate amount of manliness. 

Andre the giant was the epitome of “manliness” so jokes on that guy!

3 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Inconceivable!

Bringing up that movie reminds me of starting my current job. One of our leads was just so smooth shooting screws and he was left handed. I told him I could never be that good for "I am not left handed". The look of confusion he gave me was epic! I asked if he'd ever seen "The Princess Bride" and I think it almost offended him that I asked about a movie that he perceived didn't have the appropriate amount of manliness. 

You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means

Funny thing is that when it came out, I wasn't pressed to see it because it wasn't "Die Hard" or "48hrs" or "Lethal Weapon" but after it had been out for about three weeks some friends and I deemed it ok since we had seen everything else.  It was the first movie I saw multiple times in a theater and the only movie to this date and probably for the rest of my life that I saw more than twice in a theater.  We were quoting lines from that movie as we walked out of the theater.

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

I still argue that the sword fight between Inigo and the Dread Pirate Roberts is one of the greatest in cinematic history. 

I also like to randomly tell people to have fun storming the castle. 

Fun fact: in the script, the description of their fight is: "And they begin the second-greatest swordfight ever recorded on film." The "first-greatest" was supposed to be the duel between Rugen and Inigo in the castle. 

23 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Inconceivable!

Yeah, it has "Princess" in the title: it MUST be for sissies (pardon the 80's idiocy). Eye-roll. 

Fwiw, my favorite line (and this is hard to pick, but it's the one I always come back to) :

Inigo: Who ARE you?

MIB: No one of consequence. 

Inigo: I must know. 

MIB: Get used to disappointment. 

Inigo: Okay. 

7 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

all this now means that if i am chosen, this has to be a battle to the death and "the Princess Bride" themed

100%

18 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

The reviews should actually be done left handed for the first 3/4 of testing,  before announcing that you are actually right handed and then finishing the review.

Nailed it

As everyone has. I've quoted TPB more times then I can even guess.  But my most quoted 80s/90s movie is "Better off Dead".

It is a rare life moment that one of:

"I want my 2 dollars" ,

" go that way really fast and if something gets in your way...  turn"

Or "Damn shame people be throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that. "

Can't give me guidance on how to proceed.

5 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

As everyone has. I've quoted TPB more times then I can even guess.  But my most quoted 80s/90s movie is "Better off Dead".

It is a rare life moment that one of:

"I want my 2 dollars" ,

" go that way really fast and if something gets in your way...  turn"

Or "Damn shame people be throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that. "

Can't give me guidance on how to proceed.

Oh, 100%. Lloyd's speech on not wanting to consume/buy/sell anything is perfect, and haunts me every time I log on to work.

1 hour ago, Thin2win said:

The reviews should actually be done left handed for the first 3/4 of testing,  before announcing that you are actually right handed and then finishing the review.

1 hour ago, Samsonite said:

Nailed it

But only while putting on a green with fire bursts, surrounded by bunkers filled with lightning sand, and while being chased by ROUS's.

3 minutes ago, CWR said:

But only while putting on a green with fire bursts, surrounded by bunkers filled with lightning sand, and while being chased by ROUS's.

ROUS's? I don't believe they exist. 

GAHHHH (That's me three-putting for all of eternity)

1 hour ago, Samsonite said:

ROUS's? I don't believe they exist. 

GAHHHH (That's me three-putting for all of eternity)

Good night Spylies.  Nice round!  Sleep well. You'll most likely bogey tomorrow!

really, I am going to bed!

"I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?"

Had to join in. I'm a long-time lurker who came here for the reviews and finally signed up for the giveaways. It's a great site, but talking about my 3 putt skills I usually reserve for my wife and friends. Pretty sure they'd rather I share on here.

The Princess Bride never fails to suck me in, though. 

18 minutes ago, slyest said:

"I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?"

Had to join in. I'm a long-time lurker who came here for the reviews and finally signed up for the giveaways. It's a great site, but talking about my 3 putt skills I usually reserve for my wife and friends. Pretty sure they'd rather I share on here.

The Princess Bride never fails to suck me in, though. 

Welcome! Always happy to have a PB fan in attendance. Look around - tons of great folks and conversations to pique your interest!

I'm here to listen to your 3-putt woes 😉 I have a tale or 7 to share

Just now, JerBooth said:

How did we go from LAB Putters to The Princess Bride??

This world is so sideways. LOL

Because I think a mod said we’re were gonna hear news yesterday (maybe I’m wrong) so we all went stir crazy

2 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Because I think a mod said we’re were gonna hear news yesterday (maybe I’m wrong) so we all went stir crazy

ROFLMAO.

True.

I'm going nutty here wanting to know.

It's a lot fun testing stuff. Especially something as unique as LAB putters.

1 minute ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Yep, plus any time I can break out PB quotes is a good time.  

No more quotes now, I mean it.

Anybody want a peanut?

DYEEAAHHHHHH!