Final Reviews: L.A.B Putters

Equipment Type: Putter
Vendor: L.A.B

*Note* Follow along in the new threads for each model *Note*

Please help us congratulate the following testers:

@Shankster @EasyPutter @Bulldog @B_R_A_D_Y @Lmerrick @Samsonite

@bens197 @Dragon3 @revkev @Grand Stranded @thechrisgibbs @GolfSpy_CS

image.png
Ever wanted to be a part of the data MyGolfSpy collects over the course of the season? Welcome to Testers Wanted, where we recruit readers like you for objective feedback on products that roll into HQ throughout the year!

You can say a lot of things about L.A.B. Putters but you certainly can’t say they’re boring. Or conventional. Or even unoriginal. Even the owner calls them "absurd."

Leveraging an approach called "lie angle balancing" (hence L.A.B. Golf) the brand feels it has a technology to help you make more putts.

That said, we need testers like you to assess, and report back to us here at MyGolfSpy!

Important: Each tester will be required to submit a fitting video per L.A.B.'s fitting process and be prepared to provide as much detailed feedback as possible
Want to learn more about MGS Forum tests and how we select our testers? Check out this thread as it has everything and anything you need to know all in one place: MGS Forum How to Become a Tester

192 Comments

1 hour ago, Samsonite said:

Can I ask though - when you say it doesn't fit in your bag, do you mean it LITERALLY doesn't fit because head is too big?  Lol. Do I need to get a new bag?  A Sunday bag just to carry the putter? Maybe some kind of samurai sword-holder slung over my back to holster it?  

I have a 14 slot bag and it fits but extends over the edges of the bag and makes it a little crowded.

15 hours ago, Samsonite said:

Cool post - love to see that the Big Boy Lab (as it shall forever be known) does what it's supposed to, especially with a no-look stroke (I've recently switched to this "pick a point and focus on that" and have had such better speed control/consistency).  I'm super excited to see what model I end up getting to test (okay with either BBL or Mezz.1, preference-wise, as I've played a mallet for years), and how it fits me and I fit it.  And then hit a billion putts until we figure each other out (Retief Goosen's quote: "a putter needs to become your second wife") 🙂

Can I ask though - when you say it doesn't fit in your bag, do you mean it LITERALLY doesn't fit because head is too big?  Lol. Do I need to get a new bag?  A Sunday bag just to carry the putter? Maybe some kind of samurai sword-holder slung over my back to holster it?  

Literally. As I was attempting to find a place for it in my bag images of the Star Ship Enterprise and waffle irons kept floating through my mind. I hit a few putts with one again today  at the PGA store, and it went very well. Definitely going in my bag eventually. imo, the mezz and the blade are good putters, but nowhere near the DF for me in terms of stability or confidence. 

5 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

What a weekend!  Only just saw this and I am floored, and honored and now the responsibility is again mine to give fellow MGSpies the test and review worth reading 👍

Won't use this as opportunity to promote my golf club (worlds greatest (one) without the course in my signature) but it was our first meeting of members at French Lick Resort in Indiana and I was on Friday playing the 9-hole Valley Links Course (hence not seeing the notice), on Saturday playing the Donald Ross Course with club dinner afterward, and on Sunday playing the Pete Dye Course before starting the drive home to Western NY.  Having just arrived home this morning from the drive complete with total lunar eclipse, thunderstorms, and construction season in full bloom I only just had opportunity to login to catch up on the forums.  So here it is, Monday facing the most exciting testing I have been chosen to participate in, and if you are going to be at the Queenstown Harbor GC on Saturday August 6 you will get a chance to see the test in progress!

Thanks again to MGS and the sponsor L.A.B. Golf for this opportunity, time to get to work to feel worthy ⛳

Sounds like you had a truly terrible weekend, lol. Congrats and welcome to the test! 

2 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

What a weekend!  Only just saw this and I am floored, and honored and now the responsibility is again mine to give fellow MGSpies the test and review worth reading 👍

Won't use this as opportunity to promote my golf club (worlds greatest (one) without the course in my signature) but it was our first meeting of members at French Lick Resort in Indiana and I was on Friday playing the 9-hole Valley Links Course (hence not seeing the notice), on Saturday playing the Donald Ross Course with club dinner afterward, and on Sunday playing the Pete Dye Course before starting the drive home to Western NY.  Having just arrived home this morning from the drive complete with total lunar eclipse, thunderstorms, and construction season in full bloom I only just had opportunity to login to catch up on the forums.  So here it is, Monday facing the most exciting testing I have been chosen to participate in, and if you are going to be at the Queenstown Harbor GC on Saturday August 6 you will get a chance to see the test in progress!

Thanks again to MGS and the sponsor L.A.B. Golf for this opportunity, time to get to work to feel worthy ⛳

I had to double check your profile to see where you were from. Chicago District Golf Association sent out an email about a member meetup at French Lick recently - looks like the resort is trying to draw people in from all over! Always fun to be in the land of Larry Bird.

If you ever make your way back there, take the scenic drive and exit 65 towards Bloomington through the state forests and then south to French Lick. You won't find a nicer drive, especially in the fall.

On 5/13/2022 at 7:47 AM, Samsonite said:

Congrats everyone!! I'll go hide my disappointment on the course 😜

Don't disappoint me!!

Your name was on the list.  Did the list change?

Super eager to read what you all find out!  Glad this is happening. I’ve found reviews for these putters to be of the extreme on either side as in Obsessed with it or obsessed with trashing it. Surely, there must be a middle ground!  Congrats to those selected!!

30 minutes ago, mynerds said:

I had to double check your profile to see where you were from. Chicago District Golf Association sent out an email about a member meetup at French Lick recently - looks like the resort is trying to draw people in from all over! Always fun to be in the land of Larry Bird.

If you ever make your way back there, take the scenic drive and exit 65 towards Bloomington through the state forests and then south to French Lick. You won't find a nicer drive, especially in the fall.

since we’re talking bloomington, i have to mention highland park in bloomington illinois. such an unexpected gem. hilly, tree lined, fast greens, shotmakers course. and as of a few years ago, very well maintained. I only played a couple of times since I only was there on sales trips, but I was unexpectedly impressed. 

6 minutes ago, BrownBearGolf said:

Your name was on the list.  Did the list change?

Hah! I was added after the original announcement went up - someone had to drop out and I was added, which was an incredible surprise.  I only found out after playing 18 and then in the middle of grocery shopping.  

Hoping I can follow my own advice and not disappoint myself 😉

36 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

Hah! I was added after the original announcement went up - someone had to drop out and I was added, which was an incredible surprise.  I only found out after playing 18 and then in the middle of grocery shopping.  

Hoping I can follow my own advice and not disappoint myself 😉

That’s awesome!!!

Just now, GolfSpy_APH said:

Glad we could make some dreams come true 😃

MGS has been very good to me - I have any number of friends both virtual and real from this forum.  So I'd say you've made more than some come true.  Shankster and I have rarely applied for the same tests so it truly is cool to be in one with him.  I'm guessing we are both among the top ten MGS posters of all time.  

Just now, RollingGreens said:

Congrats to all the testers. Can’t wait to hear about the fitting process, and the product itself. Just looked up the putters themselves and am intrigued. Hopefully my putting tubes around or I will be looking at these next !

I think that was a typo, but if not - I need to hear more about these putting tubes. 😉

2 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

Congrats to all the testers. Can’t wait to hear about the fitting process, and the product itself. Just looked up the putters themselves and am intrigued. Hopefully my putting tubes around or I will be looking at these next !

Hopefully my putting turns around lol. Typos and autocorrect are a killer these days