Jump to content

Final Reviews: L.A.B Putters

Equipment Type: Putter
Vendor: L.A.B

 

 

 

*Note* Follow along in the new threads for each model *Note*

Please help us congratulate the following testers:

@Shankster @EasyPutter @Bulldog @B_R_A_D_Y @Lmerrick @Samsonite

@bens197 @Dragon3 @revkev @Grand Stranded @thechrisgibbs @GolfSpy_CS

image.png
Ever wanted to be a part of the data MyGolfSpy collects over the course of the season? Welcome to Testers Wanted, where we recruit readers like you for objective feedback on products that roll into HQ throughout the year!

You can say a lot of things about L.A.B. Putters but you certainly can’t say they’re boring. Or conventional. Or even unoriginal. Even the owner calls them "absurd."

Leveraging an approach called "lie angle balancing" (hence L.A.B. Golf) the brand feels it has a technology to help you make more putts.

That said, we need testers like you to assess, and report back to us here at MyGolfSpy!

Important: Each tester will be required to submit a fitting video per L.A.B.'s fitting process and be prepared to provide as much detailed feedback as possible
Want to learn more about MGS Forum tests and how we select our testers? Check out this thread as it has everything and anything you need to know all in one place: MGS Forum How to Become a Tester

 

201 Comments




Congrats everyone!! I'll go hide my disappointment on the course 😜

Don't disappoint me!!

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

WOW what a list! This is going to be one heck of a solid review thread for sure. Congrats all, and looking forward to your thoughts!!

  • Like 7
Link to comment

Congrats everyone hope you start holing it from everywhere this summer

  • Like 7
Link to comment

An awesome group of dudes who get this opportunity. I can wait to see how your builds and performances come together

  • Like 5
Link to comment

And if anyone needs an appropriate quote from Princess Bride while writing your review, you know who to ask. 😜

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

And if anyone needs an appropriate quote from Princess Bride while writing your review, you know who to ask. 😜

I would almost think that between everyone in that thread, we could enact the entire movie in a thread dedicated to PB, but yeah I think we got the quotes covered.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Congrats boys on being selected. I am really looking forward to following your reviews, and with so many different opinions it should give a good idea of LAB's putters

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Honored.  Thank you!  Time to get those safety glasses out.

Which model are you going with?

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Congrats to all of the selected testers! I can't wait to see how this test unfolds!

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Congrats! Bonus points for whoever has the best outcome from the ugliest putter. Ugly Duckling Award perhaps?

Very excited to see the results of this test!

  • Like 4
Link to comment

In all honesty, the builds for everyone are what I'm most intrigued in. In DF 2.1 alone there are three heads, three grips, eight shafts and 36 lineup lines for a total of 2592 potential builds at base level, not including length and lie. B.2 has 160 different possibilities and Mezz.1 has 72.

In total, folks have the selection of over 2824 different builds, at standard length style putting, not counting potential armlock or broomstick builds as well.

Let's get weird...

  • Like 7
Link to comment

Congratulations to the testers. As a bit of a scientist, the idea behind these putters intrigues me. Looking forward to everyone's thoughts. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
37 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

In all honesty, the builds for everyone are what I'm most intrigued in. In DF 2.1 alone there are three heads, three grips, eight shafts and 36 lineup lines for a total of 2592 potential builds at base level, not including length and lie. B.2 has 160 different possibilities and Mezz.1 has 72.

In total, folks have the selection of over 2824 different builds, at standard length style putting, not counting potential armlock or broomstick builds as well.

Let's get weird...

That was my plan my plan going in @Berg Ryman! Hopefully it plays out the way I hope after the fitting process. If it’s left up to me, I’d like to go completely off the reservation here, and go with something that I’ve never done before.

My first choice would be the broomstick, then the armlock would be second. Either one of those in a 2.1 head would be a lot of fun to try.

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

272 Comments




After watching all the videos on the L.A.B. putters and how they are so good at keeping you straight, I cannot wait to see the reviews that come back on them (would love to be a reviewer, but with the odds what they are I am resigned to reading about them).  The concept behind them looks cool but I am wondering how much of a change to current putting strokes it is going to take.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I like the idea of it. Especially the long putters to promote a straight back and straight through stroke. 

Link to comment

First found this putter through Peter Finch’s YouTube channel. I have played around with them Before and love the forward press technology on this. Should be an awesome test!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I remember when these first came in to the shop and I thought “Man those are hideous.” Then I rolled one and it felt pretty darn good! As a pretty decent ball striker, I feel like my putting holds me back and I would love to be on the test for this one!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Obviously sorting through 5,600+ submissions must be a TASK (and a half), but anyone know how long after submissions end do they typically post the winners? Super excited to see the winners and how the process begins (would obviously love to get picked, as well, but the odds aren't exactly GREAT, Lol). 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

Obviously sorting through 5,600+ submissions must be a TASK (and a half), but anyone know how long after submissions end do they typically post the winners? Super excited to see the winners and how the process begins (would obviously love to get picked, as well, but the odds aren't exactly GREAT, Lol). 

Won't take long. I would expect us to announce Wednesday. 

Short list is partially complete already as well. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
36 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Won't take long. I would expect us to announce Wednesday. 

Short list is partially complete already as well. 

You guys are incredible. Thanks for the response, and everything else you all do. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Just now, Samsonite said:

You guys are incredible. Thanks for the response, and everything else you all do. 

Id have it done now, but F1 race is soon and it's my wife's first mothers day so priorities! 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Id have it done now, but F1 race is soon and it's my wife's first mothers day so priorities! 

Hah! Priorities, priorities 😄 my gift to my wife this year was letting her hide from our kids and do whatever she wants (currently reading in the sunshine while pondering her sushi order). Congrats on the baby! May they learn a love of sports that pays for your retirement. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
25 minutes ago, BrownBearGolf said:

Sorry if I missed it. Were testers selected?

not yet... 🧐🧐🧐

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

... but when it does happen, you'll see all the testers added to the initial post, and an announcement banner, just like the prior tests! 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

not yet... 🧐🧐🧐

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

... but when it does happen, you'll see all the testers added to the initial post, and an announcement banner, just like the prior tests! 

 

584054EE-1B84-4D9E-AF73-17467E5BA97F.gif

  • Haha 2
Link to comment

There are currently 5,615 potential testers sitting on pins and needles waiting, hoping, looking for a sign.  The anticipation is palpable.  But when it comes, oh the humanity for the over 5,600 disappointed souls that missed out on this.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
4 hours ago, CWR said:

There are currently 5,615 potential testers sitting on pins and needles waiting, hoping, looking for a sign.  The anticipation is palpable.  But when it comes, oh the humanity for the over 5,600 disappointed souls that missed out on this.

Wish it was 5600, about 94% of the applicants are one off guests that only ever sign up for tests or have 1 or fewer posts. That makes up for about 5300 of the sign ups.

Then we have 150ish or just over 2% that have over 20 posts. 

All in all a lot of the sign ups are SM related and again what I classify as one off signups. Much like tagging on IG, lots of posts and comments, but not a ton of true members.

Anyway, I'm still on my vacation, but I would expect the announcement of the 12 testers to be announced at some point today.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Wish it was 5600, about 94% of the applicants are one off guests that only ever sign up for tests or have 1 or fewer posts. That makes up for about 5300 of the sign ups.

Then we have 150ish or just over 2% that have over 20 posts. 

All in all a lot of the sign ups are SM related and again what I classify as one off signups. Much like tagging on IG, lots of posts and comments, but not a ton of true members.

Anyway, I'm still on my vacation, but I would expect the announcement of the 12 testers to be announced at some point today.

Always an amazing opportunity you guys provide for us no matter which way it goes.
LAB should one of the better tests. probably because its such a unique product. Good Luck everyone!!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Wish it was 5600, about 94% of the applicants are one off guests that only ever sign up for tests or have 1 or fewer posts. That makes up for about 5300 of the sign ups.

Then we have 150ish or just over 2% that have over 20 posts. 

All in all a lot of the sign ups are SM related and again what I classify as one off signups. Much like tagging on IG, lots of posts and comments, but not a ton of true members.

Anyway, I'm still on my vacation, but I would expect the announcement of the 12 testers to be announced at some point today.

First off, enjoy the vacation and the time with your fam, priorities!!! We can wait.

Secondly, sad to see so many users that just want free gear and not actually participate.

Third, there will still be over 5,600 disappointed souls when the results are announced.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, CWR said:

First off, enjoy the vacation and the time with your fam, priorities!!! We can wait.

Secondly, sad to see so many users that just want free gear and not actually participate.

Third, there will still be over 5,600 disappointed souls when the results are announced.

I'm not sure that's (second point) "sad" so much as "expected" - it's a way to get people to the site that maybe don't know about it yet. Most people want free stuff without having to do anything to get it - human nature.  But, having a testing opportunity like this is basically unheard of anywhere else, and hopefully it encourages people to look around, and realize there's a whole bunch of like-minded golfing nuts here 🙂 I know a testing opportunity is what got me to join, and I'm so grateful I did. I mean, I can only exhaust my wife so much with spin-numbers and AOA info before she bans me to the garage (shh...don't tell her that's where I'm putting the putting green).

I'm mostly excited to see how the 12 reviewers reach their conclusions - like, what each individual does to try to see if this is a game-changer (for THEM), or if it's just another putter.  I've been pretend-reviewing it in my head for 2 weeks now, lol.  

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

I'm not sure that's (second point) "sad" so much as "expected" - it's a way to get people to the site that maybe don't know about it yet. Most people want free stuff without having to do anything to get it - human nature. 

 

Yeah, I came also because of the allure of free stuff, can't lie.  However, I wonder how many of the people who came in for the freebie once, keep returning for the freebie each and every time without even bothering to look around. It may be human nature to get things for no work, but being the introvert that I am in real life, this gives me a place to chat and find things out much more comfortably (this is also true on the course which may be why I like the game so much), how much work is that?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, CWR said:

Yeah, I came also because of the allure of free stuff, can't lie.  However, I wonder how many of the people who came in for the freebie once, keep returning for the freebie each and every time without even bothering to look around. It may be human nature to get things for no work, but being the introvert that I am in real life, this gives me a place to chat and find things out much more comfortably (this is also true on the course which may be why I like the game so much), how much work is that?

I actually only came to read honest reviews when I was looking for new equipment. I really didn't know about the testing opportunities for quite a while. Then someone asked a question about a simulator build that I had a lot of experience with and I was hooked on the Forum. I've been addicted for four years and counting. Lot's of great people here.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Samsonite said:

I'm not sure that's (second point) "sad" so much as "expected" - it's a way to get people to the site that maybe don't know about it yet. Most people want free stuff without having to do anything to get it - human nature.  But, having a testing opportunity like this is basically unheard of anywhere else, and hopefully it encourages people to look around, and realize there's a whole bunch of like-minded golfing nuts here 🙂 I know a testing opportunity is what got me to join, and I'm so grateful I did. I mean, I can only exhaust my wife so much with spin-numbers and AOA info before she bans me to the garage (shh...don't tell her that's where I'm putting the putting green).

I'm mostly excited to see how the 12 reviewers reach their conclusions - like, what each individual does to try to see if this is a game-changer (for THEM), or if it's just another putter.  I've been pretend-reviewing it in my head for 2 weeks now, lol.  

 

That's how I got sucked in... All these review opportunities and look at me now, I'm a Moderator! haha

It definitely gets more eyes on the forum, and if 1 or 2% of those stick around we get some good new members out of it.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

That's how I got sucked in... All these review opportunities and look at me now, I'm a Moderator! haha

It definitely gets more eyes on the forum, and if 1 or 2% of those stick around we get some good new members out of it.

I've seen this movie before 😉

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="23912532" data-share-method="host" data-aspect-ratio="1.86047" data-width="100%"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/sad-sorry-gif-23912532">Sad Sorry GIF</a>from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/sad-gifs">Sad GIFs</a></div> <script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

Look, as long as MGS pays you in Pro-V1s and VHS tapes of Happy Gilmore ('cause you can never have enough VHS copies of that movie), you've got nothing to complain about 😉 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Just now, Samsonite said:

I've seen this movie before 😉

https://tenor.com/bMuUa.gif

Look, as long as MGS pays you in Pro-V1s and VHS tapes of Happy Gilmore ('cause you can never have enough VHS copies of that movie), you've got nothing to complain about 😉 

hmmmm I might have a shot at the Happy Gilmore VHS payment... but I'd need to buy a VHS player too.  More importantly I can just have @Lacassem and his brothers just recite the whole thing for me if I wanted to.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

×
×
  • Create New...