Looks
Miscellaneous
On-Course Performance
Wear Them or Trade Them?
Testers
Equipment Type: Golf shoe
Vendor: Inesis

Screenshot 2021-07-02 11.35.50.png

Inesis is a brand that has made a bit of a splash in recent Most Wanted testing. This is especially true of their shoes, which earned "Best Value" spikeless shoe in both 2019 and in 2021—and was rated the most comfortable shoe in 2019.

We've got four Forum members who'll be testing Inesis's Waterproof Grip golf shoes.

@analyticandrew

@Curtis Atkinson

@EasyPutter

@MattF

Looks
Fit and Comfort
Basic Features
On-Course Performance
Miscellaneous
Wear Them or Trade Them?

Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf shoe review.

Intro: I won't go into a long winded intro of myself as most of you know me. Long story short, I'm from Australia originally, now living in NE Ohio. I've been playing for close to 16 years after taking up golf to have something in common with my FIL. I'm a member at Windmill Lakes Golf Club and walk all but 1 or 2 rounds a year there. My normal golf shoes are Puma spikeless, which are very comfortable.

Looks (8 out of 10):

Out of the box, and they did actually come in a box, unlike a couple of the other guys, they looked quite good. Not weird like the Sketchers I used to have, just a good looking golf shoe. Test fitting, they were comfortable, almost as comfortable as my Pumas. I ordered the Midnight Blue and received my second choice of the Snowy White. I was actually not too upset because they really do look good in the white with black accents. Decathlon even went so far as to have the laces branded, not a big deal to me because I always change out the laces for no tie type, but a nice touch. The only failure is the colourways...there aren't enough. I'd like to see them have a pair of black and a pair of grey.
PXL_20210607_210637533_MP.jpg.7e65de7efe801345f6c4cae093a6d1bf.jpg

PXL_20210607_212131495_MP.jpg.2607ba61120b5403e6cae4ce53d5236a.jpg
Fit and comfort (6 out of 10):

This is the downer of my review. We were told that the shoes run small so order the next size up. OK, that's reasonable and I've had to do that with other shoes before. However, I wear a 10.5 and the following is Decathlons sizes: 6.5, 7.5, 8, 9, 9.5, 10.5, 11.5, 12, 13, 13.5 anyone see a problem? Just a really weird range of sizes. I need an 11 but they don't make an 11 so I had to get an 11.5 which leaves a good 1/2" more room than I need in the toes. So walking the shoes make a gooping noise because of the extra length.

They're absolutely comfortable but would be more so if they actually fit properly. Note to Decathlon, please make more sizes or make the shoes to the actual size they say.

Basic Features (20 out of 20):

Traction and waterproofing are the name of the game here.

I'll start with traction first. They grip very very well. I have not had once instance of slipping during a shot or walking whatsoever. The sole design is a lot more aggressive than most spikeless shoes and that's the secret. They will leave marks on the green , which I was surprised about but they don't do any damage. I wish more golf shoe manufacturers used this design for their soles. They're that good.

Waterproofing...it's legit. When we first got the shoes I was struggling to find any moisture to test the waterproofing claims short of hosing myself down in the backyard because we hadn't had a lot of rain. Then this last week in NE Ohio has had some torrential rain and I got to test in real world conditions. Now, the shoes will not stop the water coming in around your ankles, but after playing in pretty atrocious conditions, my toes and tops and bottoms of my feet were dry.

PXL_20210607_212219103_MP.jpg.9d61673243b245bf8aa0bb1fda037d92.jpg

PXL_20210711_162750358_MP.jpg.7e8afc37966daa76d6286e0b2d7b44eb.jpg

PXL_20210711_163133772_MP.jpg.835464c31d35b7c6e746e1199fd9a431.jpg

On Course Performance (20 out of 30):

Traction and waterproofing again are the stand-outs on the course. Absolutely the best shoes I have had in those categories. Stable in the sand, rough and fairway...and puddles. Dry feet after slogging around a very wet course. The reason for lower score goes back to sizing. Yes they were comfortable but there was always that thought in the back of my mind when I was hitting a shot that they just felt a bit off because they were too big. That and the gooping noise when walking is annoying to say the least.

Miscellaneous (8 out of 10):

I like the tongue design with the shoe being that it's connected all the way to the top, it feels more secure. (Maybe that's to help with the sizing issue) The branding on the laces is also a nice touch along with the fact that when you get them you can put them on and play 18 with no break-in required. The minimal amount of packaging is a good decision, not that I'm a greenie, but you really don't need more than the box to put them in. The price is certainly not a deal breaker for $80, which is quite a bit less than a lot of other shoes on the market. After  a half a dozen rounds there's no sign of any wear on the soles, just discolouration.

PXL_20210717_103422550_MP.jpg.5592d85186a4c959484505ab771457dd.jpg

Play it or Trade it (10 out of 20):

I'll play them, but only if there's a good chance of rain. The waterproofing and traction trumps the size issues in that regard but can't overcome it in good weather.

Conclusion

The right price with traction and waterproofing galore, but for the love of all that's holy, get the sizes either right or more of them.

Final Score: (72 out of 100)

PXL_20210607_212201355.MP.jpg

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Link to review
Looks
Fit and Comfort
Basic Features
On-Course Performance
Miscellaneous
Wear Them or Trade Them?

Beyond the Official MGS Testing for the Decathlon Inesis Waterproof spikeless golf shoes, I kept wearing them for the rest of the 2021 season and all of the 2022 season, total of 202 9 hole equivalent rounds (18 holes counted as 2) or 101 18 hole rounds.  I like the 9 hole equivalent for this test because 90% of my rounds were 9 holes and that includes a lot more walking on paved surfaces that increased the amount of abrasive conditions the shoes walked on than just the distance from hole 9 to the 10th tee box.

End of 2021.  This was what the tops and bottoms looked like after the 80 rounds from testing to end of season
Afterseason3washedlaced800.jpg.703fd3012df5a055720e312f2ee0f881.jpg  Afterseason4washedbottom800.jpg.e1e7095343f7aec1f9025cadec521b2f.jpg

The next 124 rounds of 2022 saw no discernable or excessive wear on the sole grips.  The shoes stayed completely waterproof.
NextSeason1(2).JPG.3cd951fb2c75791ec9ec44dc10ec4c2c.JPG

What ultimately did these shoes in was the exceptional waterproofingHow?  If a shoe is not properly aired and dried after each wearing, the bacteria on feet and natural sweating from feet leaves wetness behind that the bacteria thrive in and that creates its own unique smell that lingers.  The shoes got to the point where SWMBO insisted I not keep them in house and there was no way I was putting them in my vehicle but it was after the last day of play on November 12, 2022 and the shoes were still waterproof with good tread that worked well that autumn day.  I stashed them underneath the tarp covering the patio furniture and that's where they spent an epic Buffalo NY winter.

The last round for the shoes was Friday April 28, 2023 was forecast for rain to start at tee time and then increase through the rest of the evening into the following day.  With a golf glove to continue testing and prospect for a full 18 holes, I pulled the shoes out of where I had secreted them away when the patio furniture was uncovered in March, laced them up and put them on at the course.  The thorough cleaning end of 2022 was about how they smelled which while not repulsive had hints of the worst they had been.  But dry warm feet and socks was my primary concern.

Course conditions were wet.  The rain began as drizzle and went off until walking up the 7th fairway when the real rain arrived.  Wet grass, low spots filled to toe covering puddles, everything I had enjoyed dry feet while testing and again my first pair or Decathlon Inesis shoes were dry and warm.  They contributed to an exceptional round with only a little fatigue soreness leaving the 18th green for the vehicle.

How the decision was made to part ways.  In the vehicle I had not changed them as it was always easy to drive with these Decathlon Inesis shoes with their grip designed "tread" so to be out of the driving rain quicker once umbrellas were put away, I did not change my shoes.  Yet.  A mile into the drive I was looking for a parking lot and as soon as I could stop those venerable shoes came off and sneakers on.  I tied the laces together and hung them on my vehicle's hitch mounted bike rack and they traveled the rest of the way home outside.  In somewhat ceremoneous form, the trash bin lid was lifted, shoes were dropped in, and instantly the odor was cut off from ability to offend my senses.

Take away - the trick to keeping any shoe or boot odor free is to ensure it dries thoroughly once worn and I had not been doing that with my first pair of Decathlon Inesis Waterproof shoes.  I have been doing it with my FootJoy cleated golf shoes and every one of wife's and daughter's shoes that go through the laundry, usually left in my workroom.

Would I buy them again?  I already have and it took searching "Decathlon+Inesis" and then navigating into the site to find the golf shoes.  The color is Asphalt Blue this time and delivery is expected this week. 

Link to review

4 Comments

Hey guys, appreciate the reviews.  I've worn Inesis for the last couple years and completely love mine.  I'm with you on wishing there were some more colors - like a black or grey (and not just the saddle).  Mine have stayed nice and dry - but one one pair (I have white, brown and blue) the trim along the edge is peeling away.  Has NOT impacted the waterproofing - just odd. 

IMG_7759.jpeg.ee9f7db27cd3aa4ac252c30070bdea2f.jpeg

Question for you - why did you buy a different size?  I'm a 9.5 in every shoe I own, including these.  I really like the fit.  And yes, I'm a walker... I don't find that they are small.  

Best thing - can't beat the price.

1 hour ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Question for you - why did you buy a different size?

We were told that they run small and their website states that they run small. I'm a 10.5, so an 11 would be perfect but they don't make an 11.

15 hours ago, MattF said:

We were told that they run small and their website states that they run small. I'm a 10.5, so an 11 would be perfect but they don't make an 11.

Inesis should have replaced the shoes with the right size.

3 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Inesis should have replaced the shoes with the right size.

I agree, but they simply don't see a size 11. They go from 10.5 to 11.5 and I noted that in my review. Plus, their stock was very very limited. When we went on their website, most of the sizes and colours were out of stock.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

165 Comments

Congrats, I’ll be interested to see how well they wear for you. I’ve worn through the heel liner twice, but it’s common for me to do that in other shoes too

Here we go with my first review! Excited and thankful for the opportunity! This came at the perfect time as I just picked up a push cart and the backs of my adidas Tour360 XT SL's started to wear in the heel which started to rub a bit. Can't wait to give these a shot! For reference I've been golfing consistently since October and currently have a paid of last model Tour 360 XT SL's and a pair of adidas Tech Response I picked up to play with spiked shoes when it's wetter. 

First impressions: So typically I would've done an unboxing but...there was no box. Not sure if the other testers will experience something different but my pair was just in a DHL bag which was interesting. But nothing wrong with them when they showed up. Out of the bag they seemed...fine. Wasn't blown away by anything, just seemed like pretty standard golf shoes. I went with white as I have pair of black/white and black so decided a little variety. I will say I'm an amateur sneakerhead but would be a rare exception in a golf shoe. I'm not seeing anybody but my buddies I'm golfing with out on the course so I'd say I'm function over style for golf shoes (I did miss out on the Jordan 4's this morning which was really the only "cool" gofl shoe I've wanted...oh well). They feel sturdy and maybe a bit boxy, but pretty lightweight (weigh in just lighter than the 360's and just heavier than the techs). Couple interesting things is the soles I guess would technically be spikeless, but have much more pronounced ridges than my other spikeless shoes, which definitely feels like better traction. Also, the top of the tongue is thin and light which allows it to sit really flat on the top of my foot/ankle which I think will be more comfortable than a typical tongue

First use: Haven't been able to get out to the course yet but threw them on for a decent mat session this afternoon and felt like they started to break in a little bit even in the midst of the session. I definitely felt like I had much more traction than spikeless or just hitting in sneakers and pretty similar to when I wear the spiked tech responses. Obviously not sure how they'll feel after walking a round but I like the sturdy feel while still being lightweight, so hopes are high. Could be a really good hybrid between spikeless and spiked shoes. Will certainly update more once I'm able to get out for a round (hopefully this weekend)

Screenshot 2021-07-02 00.12.21.png

Screenshot 2021-07-02 00.12.38.png

Screenshot 2021-07-02 00.12.51.png

Screenshot 2021-07-02 00.13.13.png

INTRO

Hey all! This is my first official review, and I'm excited to share it with the entire MGS community. This has been a great community of learning for me, and I hope that you learn from this review and it helps you as the site and fellow Spies have helped me! I'm nearly 43, I played football, basketball and golf in high school, went to state in golf, and played football in college - DIII, played QB. I worked at a golf course in every capacity you can imagine (except for head pro) when I was in my early 20s. I played to a plus handicap back then, and I  currently play to a 5.6 handicap. That's been with a lot of hard work and a lot of playing and practicing in the last few years. I have two kids, 16 and 10, and so getting out a lot when they were younger was hard.

For background, I used to wear almost exclusively FootJoy shoes. Our pro shop sold them, they were the best around for ages, and so a pair of Dry Joy's and a pair of Green Joy's was all I needed. As I've aged, I've tried lots of other brands. Footjoy still, but also Adidas, Puma, Nike, and more. I look for comfort and stability more than almost anything else, and I walk a lot, so I need something that can stand up to me putting a good amount of wear on them. I generally don't play early mornings, so waterproof hasn't been an area of focus for me, but most of the shoes I currently have are waterproof. 

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

• First thing to note, this shoe came with no box. The shoes were packaged inside of a bag and were connected by a long piece of elastic. Kind of like when you pick up shoes as Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Ross/Insert-Discount-Store-Here. I thought this was a bit weird, but hey, maybe they don't really need a box? Saves a lot for the environment this way, so I'm ALL for that!

Screenshot 2021-07-02 00.21.26.png

• Opening these, they do look "different" - not BAD - not at all. Just different. Almost a little chunky perhaps? Here they are compared to one of my other pairs of shoes, the Nike Roshe Tour. They remind me a bit of Sketchers golf shoes (also included that for comparison).

Screenshot 2021-07-02 00.21.39.png

• In all, these are a pretty solid looking and feeling shoe. I went with the navy colorway given that I wear a lot of blue golf shirts and the fact that I haven't ever owned a navy pair of golf shoes. Lots of black, never navy!
    • The quality of the outer I'll test out over time with wear, and what's interesting is that Decathlon says that their shoes are waterproof because of an inner membrane, not the outer part of the shoe. I'm interested in getting out for some dew-soaked morning rounds as well as a round or two in the rain.
    • The sole feels soft yet firm when walking even on hard surfaces. Decathlon notes that they have three layers to the sole:
      • Part 1 is EVA - EVA boosts cushion and is spread over the entire foot, especially on the heel
      • Part 2 is TPU - TPU is a semi-rigid construction that ensures a strong grip while remaining flexible - this TPU is the colored main part and features six spikes
      • Part 3 is the Rubber Sole - they state that this rubber sole is softer and ensures good grip when walking - there are two horizontal grooves under the sole that make the shoe more bendable - they also state that the front part of the sole is asymmetrical by design so that they can extend the material on the outside to reinforce stability while you swing and the more rounded front part of the sole moves with your foot at the end of the swing
    • I put these on and walked around the house and yard and took a few swings and they are comfortable and do provide good grip so far. Testing on a 6 mile walk while playing this weekend and will report back.

366299426_Inesis3.png.1953a03e4e8209125c3c66cca67595cd.png

• The tongue itself is made of a synthetic material and a waterproof membrane and also has a gusset to keep water from getting in. However the tongue shape or fit creates some pressure at the top of the ankle that is uncomfortable at best, and could create blisters at worst. Generally I wear no-show socks, and I'm going to have to carry a pair of ankle socks with me when I play this weekend just in case the rubbing turns to something worse. You can see in the shot below the tongue pressing against my ankles in the overhead view. We will see if this simply needs a breaking in, or if this will be an issue for the way these fit for me.

Screenshot 2021-07-02 00.21.55.png

• The tag on the inside of the tongue is annoying. This might be nitpicking, but it's no less annoying. 🙂 It's something that I'm going to remove for SURE, but it just dangles there, attached at the top only, not sewn into the shoe in a meaningful way. With the waterproof tongue and membrane maybe they don't have as much to be able to sew against to have it be sewn down like on many other shoes? Not sure...

Screenshot 2021-07-02 00.22.03.png

• My final note on these before getting to performance on the course in my next post is that they do run at least a half size small. I ordered the 47 which equates to a US size 13. I am firmly a 12.5 with my right foot, and a 12 with my left foot (yeah, I know, I'm weird). The right shoe fits PERFECTLY for me with a little more than the standard "thumb-width" at my big toe. If you are ordering these, size up at least a half size or guaranteed you'll be uncomfortable in them.

Hope this is a good start and that it's helpful to y'all! Thanks for reading!!

Ok, finally got these bad boys out for a couple rounds. The first I planned on walking but my buddy really wanted to ride and playing in the heat of the day on a 90+ VA day, I obliged. During the round the shoes felt good. Really noticed the traction especially for "spikeless" shoes. Felt comfortable throughout during the riding round. Really good ability to grip during shots and overall felt good. 

Now the first REAL test. Played yesterday and decided to walk a course I hadn't played before. I'm an idiot. Ended up being the hilliest course I've ever played by a good margin. The difference between walking and riding was $20 and I realized that's because NO ONE would consider walking. However, did provide a good test for the shoes. Overall, felt pretty good. Not the most comfortable shoe to walk in over a round on that course but I'm not sure any shoe would be. Around the 6th hole or so I started to notice a rubbing on my left heel that certainly got more pronounce as the round went on, especially when walking uphill. I fully expected a massive blister there when I finished but shockingly had nothing. I will say this is the same area that wears in other shoes I wear as well so that could be a more personal issue. Feet felt as good as I could've hoped after the round. As expected with the all white shoes, starting to show a little bit of dirt on them after a couple wears but nothing crazy. Will give it a wipe down shot later and see how easy they clean up. Both rounds have been dry and by appearances I think these could really shine in the waterproof arena. Will update when I get out again. 

First Round

• Waterproof: since this is one of the key features touted for this shoe and almost an unseen feature in this price range, I wanted to see how these held up. Thankfully we had a bunch of rain work through the Philly area yesterday!  It rained for about 7 straight hours including about 90 minutes while I was on the course. I also purposefully wore socks that would show any sign of leakage in the shoe. 
  • RESULT:  Zero leakage of any kind. These shoes got drenched. And I do mean drenched, especially when my left leg, which was dangling outside the cart, got about a half gallon of water thrown directly onto it from the roof when I turned a corner fairly sharply. 
  • RATING: 5/5

• Comfort: One if the other core tenants of this shoe is that it is (as MGS stated in their 2019 shoe evaluation) “the most comfortable golf shoe we’ve ever tested”. These are lofty expectations for ANY shoe, especially one that is accessible to so many from a price perspective. 
  • RESULT:  The course I played yesterday was a new one to me. It’s a highly rated but short course with a good deal of elevation changes to it. We rode the course but since it had rained so much, it was cart path only. What a great way to test out the comfort of the shoes! I ended up walking about 5 miles on the course (full day stats from my Apple Watch below)Screenshot 2021-07-02 00.23.07.png and I can say definitively that out of the box, these are the most comfortable golf shoes I have ever worn. Big praise, I know. And honestly I wasn’t expecting that to be what I wrote. I currently wear a pair of supersoles insoles in all my other golf shoes and I am looking forward to trying these Inesis out with that upgrade! My heels, arches, toes… all of my foot felt supported and comfortable. I do have one small gripes that are going to knock down my rating in this area, however. In my last review post I noted that the tongue felt awkward to me. And as the round wore on, I did begin to notice that it was irritating the top of my ankle (even through my longer socks). I didn’t end up with any blisters, but it was sore. This could simply be the anatomy of my body and you the reader may have zero issues at all. They also might break in more for me as I wear them more as well. 
  • RATING: 4/5

• Traction/Grip: Another hallmark of these shoes are the unique spikeless tread on the bottom of the shoe. The mixture of the different rubber and plastic components of the sole are there to aid in comfort, but also in not slipping and sliding around the course like I’ve done with some other brands of spikeless shoes. You can see in the picture below, comparing the spikeless shoes of (left to right) the Footjoy Superlite XP, the Nike Roshe Tour, Ecco’s with their cage sole, and finally the Inesis, just how different these soles from a spikeless perspective.
    Screenshot 2021-07-02 00.23.20.pngDecathlon with this shoe has put purposeful design into their “spikes”. They have created a combination of larger, more hard nubs that are in just the right places for your golf swing to ensure stability and traction even on wet surfaces. These nubs are also of different shapes in different parts of the sole. Some are almost plus ➕ shaped (those that are almost translucent in this photo) in the areas that that can tend to slide the most in a golf swing (toes, outside footpad, heel) and they combine that with left-to-right or horizontal nubs (those colored orange in this photo) in those areas where the foot may need to move in one direction “only”. 
  • RESULT: These nubs are VERY effective from a grip perspective. Not once when I was swinging the club, walking in slippery grass, or even walking up it down wet hills did I feel unstable or like I was going to fall. The same cannot be said of other spikeless (and some spiked!) shoes I have had in the past. These spikeless nubs get my seal of approval. What I will pay attention to is how well they grip when the ground is not wet - which can present some additional problems for traditional spikeless shoes. 
  • RATING: 5/5

OVERALL RATING: 14/15

• One final thought: I’m going to have to deduct at least a point for something I mentioned in my last post. These shoes look a bit chunky. This doesn’t bother me at all from a looks perspective. But what DID bother me is that on my left foot, which is a half size smaller than my right, with every step I took, and with every swing where I lifted my left foot off the ground ever so slightly on my backswing, I heard a popping noise in the top part of the shoe. This is NOT the first time this has happened to me in a golf shoe. And those of you that have heard this in any of your golf or regular shoes knows the exact sound I’m referencing. It’s the sound of a leather or leather-like shoe effectively “cracking” because it’s too big for the foot it’s on. This would normally not be too big of a deal for me. I just lace up the smaller foot a bit more tightly by the toes and all along the top of the foot. But with these shoes, because of the chunky height to them, that was not possible. This is something that I’ll pay attention to and see if it was simply a wearing in problem, or if it is something that will persist. 

OVERALL ADJUSTED RATING: 13/15

Update as I got in a range session with these as well as I decided to take them for a walk through the concrete jungle of my neighborhood to see how they hold up/feel.

• The popping noise on the left shoe persists as I noted in my last post. I'm going to take a tongue pad that I have used before on dress shoes and put it in the shoe and see if it changes it up at all. With my 1/2 size smaller foot, this is something that I deal with on some of my shoes, but this is fairly loud. 🙂
  • Had no issues with slippage during the range session - I purposely went after about 15 shots working on some speed training and still no slipping. I always slip when wearing either my Puma spikeless or my Footjoy spikeless.
  • These continue to be very comfortable. I have yet to try them with the insoles I wear in other shoes, and I'll be doing that tomorrow. They don't slip on the top of the foot or at the heel (even on the foot that's 1/2 size smaller) and, while I know they are basically brand new, they provide a good amount of cushioning.
  • Speaking of cushioning, I like to feel my feet on the ground - if I'm standing on a rock, or a small twig, or anything that might effect my swing, I want to know that it's there. These shoes, while providing that supreme level of comfort, they still let you feel everything as well. This was very apparent when I took a walk through the neighborhood. I felt the cushioning, but also felt the cracks, the rocks, and more. 
  • Tomorrow I'll be out for my first full walking round with these shoes on 6500 yard track with a decent number of elevation changes. I'll report back the findings this weekend. 

Played 36 on a beautiful day here in Philadelphia. First really warm round of golf that I’ve played this calendar year. Needed multiple rounds of both water and sunscreen because of the amount of sweating that was going on. 🙂 

Screenshot below of my morning round (plus about 3/4 of a mile before I played) to give you an indication of how much stress I put on these bad boys. 
Screenshot 2021-07-02 00.24.17.png

Rode the second 18 because of the heat and time, and added another nearly 1.5 miles to them (see below for why so little). 

Also this was the first round where I had my Superfeet insoles in the shoes. I tried them on TOP of the current insoles to see how they would work out. A couple other pair of shoes that I have, this ends up being nearly the perfect fit. Notes below on my thoughts of the shoes and how they held up. 

• Good AND bad results with the Superfeet on top of the other insoles. Even though the standard insoles are very thin, end very spongy, this created all sorts of challenges: First of all, the good was that by elevating my foot in the shoe, the squeaking/popping noise that I had heard since I first put these on went away in my left shoe (my left foot is a half size smaller). Bad news was that by elevating my feet that much in the shoe, I started to get some rubbing in the back of my ankle in the Achilles area. Not a full blister, but it was headed that way. Secondly, the bad was that for my right foot, I DID have enough rubbing that I got a bunch of small blisters and ultimately I had to take the Inesis insoles out of the shoes by the time I got to hole number 7.

Screenshot 2021-07-02 00.24.31.png

• So for the next six holes, I went with just my Superfeet. These insoles have been AMAZING for me. I had some lower back pain previously when I would walk full rounds, and those insoles have saved me. However, in these shoes, they didn’t seem to help. For whatever reason, with the way these shoes fit my feet, and the way that I walk with them, my lower back pain returned. I also was a little dehydrated, but my back hasn’t hurt like this in a long time while playing and walking. I had checked to ensure that the insoles fit, they weren’t slipping around, etc. 
  • For the final 5-6 holes I took out the Superfeet insoles and went with the standard insoles wanting to see if that made a difference or not. It didn’t help. End of the round, pretty decent amount of lower back pain and I’m starting to think that for my physiology, these shoes are just not a good match. 

For reference, on the final 18, even though I was riding, I switched to a different pair of Nike Roshe Tours (with the Superfeet insoles) and my back felt better almost immediately. I’m sure some of this was due in part to me riding, but also these just being a much better fit for me and my body. 

To help confirm or deny what I was experiencing, for the final 6 holes while riding I put the Inesis back on. And yup, by hole 14 my back was starting to get sore yet again. 

At this point, if you are someone who has a pretty “tall” foot, I would highly recommend these shoes. If you are someone with a pretty short or maybe flat foot, these might not be the best for you as they are not the best for me. 

Morning viewers and welcome to my first thoughts on the Inesis Waterproof shoes.

Initially we were told to go to the website: https://www.decathlon.com/collections/all-golf-shoes/products/mens-golf-shoes-waterproof-grip? and choose 2 different colours, one primary and one secondary and size. I chose Midnight Blue for my primary and Snowy White for my secondary. These shoes apparently tend to run small and I normally wear a US10.5, so I chose US11.5. If you look at the website, the available sizes are to me, are a bit odd. Some there are no half sizes and others there are no full sizes.

Anyway, we sent our requests in and the wait started...and we waited and waited. That was fine considering the issues of supply and demand the golf industry is having at the moment. And then...

The day arrived. I got a box unlike some of the others, my shoes were delivered in an actual box, rather than a plastic bag.

Screenshot 2021-07-02 00.24.44.png

I was hoping to get the Midnight Blue but obviously they're still not available so I was given the Snowy White in a US11.5.

Screenshot 2021-07-02 00.25.00.png

They looked pretty smart and the tread looked a lot different than my Puma Grip Fusions that I usually wear.

Screenshot 2021-07-02 00.25.12.png

Screenshot 2021-07-02 00.25.20.png

I walk 95% of my rounds so I think these will get a good work out. I've played 3 rounds in them so far and the grip is great, but the lack of sizing is a concern. If Decathlon could bring out more size options that would be fantastic. As I mentioned, I usually wear a 10.5 but these running small I got an 11.5 which are about a half inch too long. If I had an 11, they be perfect.

I took this photo after 9 holes the first time I wore them. We'd had some rain and my feet remained dry even when I purposely stood in a puddle of water next to the 4th tee.

Screenshot 2021-07-02 00.25.27.png

I want to get a few more rounds in before I give a final verdict but so far so good.

Took these shoes out for a tournament on Monday with The Fried Egg here in the Philly area. Played at a course called Rolling Green Golf Club, a William Flynn designed course from 1926 that holds true to its name. Elevation changes from tee to green could have been as much as 40-50 feet down, and 40-50 feet back up. Lots of sidehill lies, uphill lies, downhill lies and more. 

We played 18 holes best ball in the morning, 18 holes alternate shot in the afternoon, and (yay!) we made the playoffs called the Horse Race and so we played an extra two holes there.

Unfortunately for me, after hitting about 30 warmup balls, putting for 10-15 minutes, and playing just three holes, I had to change out of these shoes. The issues that I had in my previous post persisted here as well. Low back pain, rubbing in the rear of the ankle/achilles area and on the second hole, with there still being a little bit of dew on the ground, I did slip on one shot. I think this was a combination of the shoe and also the teebox (it was a little sandy). 

My review still stands on these and I plan on giving them one more go of it this weekend, but I'm not hopeful given my anatomy. They are a FANTASTIC value, they are extremely comfortable for probably 80% of the population out there, and for the investment, I would tell people to "give them a try" as you are looking to expand your footwear options. 

Some course shots below just for fun. 

Severe left to right canting in the fairway with this downhill tee shot on #9, a par 5, the number one handicap hole.

hole9-1.jpeg.f4dfa25d305533f37da1605ddc28b5cc.jpeg

Hole 14 here - 220 yard(ish) par three with that 45' tall walking bridge on the left. 

E65DFCE3-C299-4BF4-9FAC-680181DDCB6B.JPG.a6b21c1cb4645d9da79befcf6c4e0814.JPG

More elevation changes here on hole #11, downhill from the tee, right back up the hill to the green.

hole11-1.jpeg.fa2de5b7be45f5a6c8b6c721da42b626.jpeg

Nice reviews, guys!

@MattF, I agree with you on needing additional colours*.

*I know it's a standard, but I can't stand the phrase colorways (with or without the u). Weird personality flaw on my part, but it seems unnecessary.