Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,773 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Balls
Vendor: Titleist

image.png

Want to contribute to the data MyGolfSpy collects?

Welcome to Testers Wanted where we recruit readers like you for objective feedback on products that roll into HQ throughout the year!

Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x are known as class leading, and maybe even class defining golf balls, and in 2023 we're going to get a new revision to the Pro V1 lineup.  As is typical for this phase of the game, Titleist is providing little in the way of details, but short game and wind performance are expected to be a point of emphasis with the new balls.  Because data-driven objective testing is what we do, we need some of you to assess and report back to us at MyGolfSpy.

We are looking for TEN (10) US based testers to help us look for improvements from the prior models and performance differences between these two white box models.  Each tester will receive one dozen Pro V1 and one dozen Pro V1x (two dozen total) for testing.

New to the forum? Want to increase your chances of being selected for testing? Here is a link to a guide which lays it all out for you and will allow you to know exactly how, why and who we select for testing here: How to Become a Tester

Find the Member Test Progress and Review: HERE

116 Comments

This is an interesting opportunity for sure- I game the prov1x for the high launch off the tee and approach but would love for my inside-50 shots to check up more, so I guess I am looking for more spin? Weird. Anyway, GL to all. 

Edit: realized it might be pertinent- I use shotscope so I will have some semi-useful deltas around distance, approach distance, and strokes gained between the old/new balls, as well as the v1/v1x.

This would beat the found balls I usually play with... Although I currently have a shoe box full of found Pro V1 and 1x that I currently use. Can't wait for the winter visitors to get here as they don't look for their balls as often as the rest of year rounders. 

Any improvements   would be very subtle, I might br able to see a very small improvement, but heck I’m a rank amateur.  Still I would like to compare from last years product!

Have been Team Titleist for a few years now.  Have done testing before but it was several years ago.  Play Pro V1 x now.   Would love. The opportunity to be involved again.  Seeing the MGS results will be very interesting. 

It would be a great opportunity to test these.  I play predominately Pro V1’s with a couple of dozen ProV1x minded in.  The Pro V1 feel better but the x’s had better #’s in your 2019 ball comparison for my swing speed.  I play all winter several times a week and have a Skytrak in the garage for more accurate spin and distance comparison.  Thanks

I would love to be a tester for the ProV1 & ProV1x; I play only pro-line balls from most of most of the major manufacturers because i want the greenside spin, (Bridgestone Tour-B & BX; Taylormade TP5 &5x; Callaway Chrome Soft & X and definitely Titleist ProV1 & V1x.  In fact i was a Titleist proto-ball tester back in 2010 & 2012 and would love to test these new ones.

17 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Who's got the balls to handle this test!? 🤣  

Titleist coming in hot with an awesome opportunity to put into play the new Pro V1 and Pro V1x at the same time as the pros on tour! 

What changes do you think we'll see? 

Has Titleist kept its winning formula?

Do the tweaks make the balls similar or more different?

Signed UP! Thanks to MyGolfSpy's evaluation & testing of golf balls, I went back to playing ProV1 after switching to V1x & AVX. Testing showed the ProV1 was less of a compression than ProV1x.  The feel & sound off the driver & woods, of the ProV1 is just different than any other ball. Thanks MyGolfSpy & Titleist!

I would love to be a tester. I have been running side by side tests with both versions of Pro V1's against TP5's, Z Star XV's, Maxfli Tours and the new OnCore Vero 1's. Fortunately for this test, I hit a lot of balls out of bounds and get to hit way more often than most folks. Lucky me. 

I am an older golfer who has kept up with your reviews and play the ProV1X for its distance plus feel around the greens which is essential as I am losing distance and must make up for it with my short game.  So yes, it would be important to me to see how these new balls perform. 

Jerry

Going through overseed right now but our sister course opens Friday. Bonus being in AZ so we can play year round. Would be an awesome experience for this to be my first testing opportunity! Thank you. 

I accept the opportunity to test the new Pro V1 & X.  I play Titleist almost 100% and love the ball. It helped me shoot a 5 under 67 round today (bested my age by 3 strokes) - thank you Titleist!

This would be fun to get in on. Was a fanatical ProV1 user when I was working at a course back in the early 2000's.

These days, I can't really justify the cost but it would be cool to do some side-by-side comparisons with these new ProV's and the Kirklands I've been using all year.

Hey guys! I’d love the opportunity to try out the ball. I have a golf simulator in my apartment building I hit at every day so I could provide all the stats you’d need (backspin, side spin, ball speed, distance, launch angle, etc.). I had an average driver chs of 115 and iron chs of 100. Prov1 is my current ball of choice! Think I could be a big help on the simulator and the course!

85EA27CA-1ACC-4F45-88FB-BE109FD5A4E0.jpeg

D789AB3D-EC5B-42EE-A605-F9AD4CC7D82D.jpeg

Please add me to the candidates for testing the new Titleist balls. I live in an area that allows us to play year round. I play 4 times a week and can give these balls a thourough workout. Current handicap is 7.4. Thank you for the opportunity to apply.

I've received the plain white sleeves in the past!  Like a giddy school girl on Christmas morning!!!!  Would love to give these newest versions a go!

Would love to test this ball. High swing speed, high handicap (my "controlled" swing was 105mph average on a trackman a couple weeks ago; my "going-for it" swing speed was 113mph average; I'm ~24 handicap). I play at least 5 holes daily, and have been looking for a good high compression, low spin ball to help me off the tee and around the greens.

This Test is now closed to further comments.