TESTERS WANTED! ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,072 signups
Equipment Type: Range Finder
Vendor: Cobalt

Cobalt Q6 Rangefinder
Cobalt might not be the first name you think of when it comes to golf rangefinders. But, the brand has been in business for 25 years and claims that "We’ve pioneered the technology trusted by tour players across the globe."

Ultimately, golfers want a rangefinder that is accurate, optically sound, easy to use, and hard to lose. Cobalt believes its direct-to-consumer platform gives golfers more bang for the buck, and its lifetime warranty never requires a receipt.

However, guarantees are only as good as the product they cover. This is where we need your help.

image.png
Screenshot 2022-12-16 20.19.35.png

This test is available to all MyGolfSpy Forum Members anywhere in the world! However we do require a timely review, so please be in golfing season or in an area where golf is open when applying.

Want to increase your chances of being selected for testing? Here is a link to a guide which lays it all out for you and will allow you to know exactly how, why and who we select for testing here: How To Become A Tester

61 Comments

I've only ever used my Garmin Fenix watch golf feature for yardages while on the course. Seems like the rangefinders provide higher accuracy. Curious about opinions from anyone who has used both. 

Would really love to try a good quality rangefinder 🫶🏼
Have had one or two. But tried many. Often resorts to my Apple Watch instead in those Sunday rounds to speed up play. Would however be interesting to see how this one stacks up agains some of the more premium models. Especially pin-finding-ability and slope. 

My Leupold has served me well for over a decade now, but I suspect it won't last forever.  So this would be a good opportunity to offer a good comparison review from North Carolina, where we play golf 24/7 - 365!

This would be fun to test, one of my local courses has poorly marked courses making it difficult to judge distances. Perfect timing too season wise for summer in Australia

I have heard about these and the people behind them. they sound very interesting. I would love to test it and I would be able to play.

Playing multiple times per week (often walking) on hilly LaPaloma CC in Tucson with many big elevation changes and tucked pins.  Not happy with GPS watches (Garmin, Sky Caddie) and also need to shoot yardages on range as practice tees are moved daily.  I am now convinced that for daily play, rangefinders are the way to dial in yardages.

I provided review in past for VOXX socks--I am sure  as an academic research MD I can again provide a thorough, analytic, unbiased, helpful and thoughtful review for MGS.  

Merry XMAS everyone! 

I would be interested in testing this device.  I am a long time SkyCaddie user, as I usually want more than just distance to the pin (back edge, carry on line to pin, distance to green features like ridges).  But my home courses have a lot of elevated greens where I cannot see where the pin is located (except by color of the flag).  In addition to using a slope feature, shooting distance to the pin and translating that on my SkyCaddie green layout could be super helpful, e.g. that red flag is really more center of the green over a ridge, rather than front of the green below the ridge.  I am semi-retired, and play 4-5 times a week in South Carolina, so we are always in season.

My brand-new Bushnell was stolen so this will be appreciated as I play warm weather spots over the winter!  I’ve used Callaway and Golf Buddy in addition to Bushnell over the years so have a good base for comparison. Looking forward to delivering a thorough review and analysis of the Cobalt Q6…thanks!

My Precision Pro NX9 has gotten something on the lens and has squiggly lines so trying out a new rangefinder would be awesome.  Plus, I'm always on the lookout for great gear that I can bring in for a charity golf tournament I put on.

I've had the same Bushnell V6 in my bag for probably 8 years.  Never tinkered with anything else.  Would be interested to see what an updated rangefinder with different features offers.

Would appreciate the opportunity to test. Currently am without a range finder since mine bounced out of the cart, off the bridge and into the lake. Year round golfer in Florida

This would be so timely as I am in the market.  Finally decided that it is time to retire my 12ish yr old Bushnell brick.  I'm in CO but I still manage to get rounds in, as long as there is not snow on the ground or high winds, 30's do not bother me any.  Plus I can test its ability to work in 30* weather and with patchy snow on the ground👍

Even though its winter here in Northern Virginia, I volunteered.  I'll be heading to Palm Springs in later January for almost 2 weeks of golf, that will be my opportunity.  If the units can't be provided before I go, I'll drop out knowing someone else will do a fine job reviewing the Cobalt.

This Test is now closed to further comments.