Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,997 signups
Equipment Type: Irons
Vendor: Edel

Edel Golf SMS and SMS Pro Irons

Presenting the first set of irons truly fit to your swing.  Edel golf has designed the SMS and SMS Pro irons to take your game to the next level.

LZ9_0072.jpg

edel_2022_by_lucas_botz_1496.jpg      edel_2022_by_lucas_botz_1439.jpg

Every Edel SMS and SMS Pro Iron comes complete with:

-  Swing Match Weight Technology

-  Forged Hollow Body Construction to Unlock Adjustability and Distance with Plasma Welded Maraging Steel Face Cup for Even More Distance (SMS)

-  Or a Precision Grain Forging for Incredible Sound and Feel (SMS Pro)

-  Players Sole Grind for Turf Interaction Versatility (SMS) or a Tour Inspired Tri-Stepped Sole Design for Enhanced Turf Interaction (SMS Pro)

Would you like to put the Edel SMS or SMS Pro Irons to the test? 

For this review opportunity we are looking for 4 MGS Forum Members to test and keep the Edel Irons!

Testers will be able to chose from in-stock shaft options currently listed on Edel's website and can choose from SMS Irons, SMS Pro Irons, or a blended combo set of irons! 

Testers will also be expected to get fit on their own within a week of selection or provide their known specs to the mod team for ordering.

This Test is open to right-hand golfers located in the United States.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Check out the Edel SMS reviews here

Be sure to check out the Forum Social Channels on Instagram & Twitter

309 Comments

This will be cool to follow! Looking forward to some good reviews!!! If I get selected, I hope to have some detailed video and statistics!

On 4/3/2023 at 1:23 PM, GolfSpy_SAM said:

Bigger name-brand appeal would be my gut instinct (and don't deny my gut  -  like Ron Burgundy, it's kind of a big deal), but also not everyone is in need/want of a fully customized set of irons.  I mean, I'M drooling at the prospect of hitting these one day, but ... I also have a library full of leather-bound books and mahogany, so...wait. I AM Ron Burgundy. Dammit.

Love it haha. Also, RH only removes more than half of folks interested no doubt. I feel for the lefties out there! From spiral notebooks, scissors, dinner table platings!, 

Been able to work with Edel Golf through work, and have yet to get my hands on them, but all the stats comparisons with their SMS adjustable weighting is quite intriguing see how much some golfers have increased their distances and ball speeds across all different levels of handicaps. 

On 3/30/2023 at 1:21 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

One test sign up is closed and another one opens up. 

Very curious to see if we crack 9000 registrations on this one. What an amazing opportunity by Edel and we cannot thank them enough for bringing this opportunity to the forum. 

Don't forget to check out our Instagram and Twitter to also see when all the tests release! Leave us a like a follow it would be appreciated!

https://www.instagram.com/forum.mygolfspy/

https://twitter.com/ForumMyGolfSpy

Best of luck all and be on the lookout for our announcement on the previous test Tuesday!

We got halfway to 9000! Crazy to think that these aren't acquiring more attention because these things are absolutely gorgeous. Good luck to all that signed up!

20 minutes ago, CSiders12 said:

We got halfway to 9000! Crazy to think that these aren't acquiring more attention because these things are absolutely gorgeous. Good luck to all that signed up!

They are a gorgeous looking set of irons. I am surprised by this as well.

I live in Thornton, CO and am really close to the Edel Denver facility.  I would love to share my first hand experience and get fitted directly with Edel if it helps please pick me!

I'm definitely surprised this didn't get more sign-ups. I wonder if its due to availability of fitting a s brand recognition.  I'm love seeing small brands that hang with the big boys.

Just now, pozzit said:

I'm definitely surprised this didn't get more sign-ups. I wonder if its due to availability of fitting a s brand recognition.  I'm love seeing small brands that hang with the big boys.

Agreed - their loss is possibly our gain? 😂

29 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

Agreed - their loss is possibly our gain? 😂

Completly agree 1:4000 arn't the worst odds. I'm surprised there isn't more love for the flexibility from a fitting potential but hey I also love to tinker with that stuff.

2 minutes ago, pozzit said:

Completly agree 1:4000 arn't the worst odds. I'm surprised there isn't more love for the flexibility from a fitting potential but hey I also love to tinker with that stuff.

💯- as an engineer, I love the tech (and ability to tinker) behind these! Would absolutely LOVE to be selected!

@pozzit @CFreddie maybe a lot of people are thinking the "just getting started" teases and early on in testing season they are going to save their application to make it earnest for something that wows them. 

I had this philosophy but these happen to be that "oohh" reaction item for me, for the tinkering aspects and a number of other reasons. 

43 minutes ago, richk9holes said:

@pozzit @CFreddie maybe a lot of people are thinking the "just getting started" teases and early on in testing season they are going to save their application to make it earnest for something that wows them. 

I had this philosophy but these happen to be that "oohh" reaction item for me, for the tinkering aspects and a number of other reasons. 

Lol couldn't agree more these are fantastic options to start.

Would you rather win a 5 or 6 million dollars?.... my answer is I would rather have a chance at both. And honestly there are only a few things I could think of putting above this test 

Really hoping whoever gets picked for these buys the extra weights to play around with and report on their experience adding more or less weight to each position. 

This test has the potential to be the most intriguing one yet from an iron perspective. 

7 minutes ago, Swood1994 said:

Really hoping whoever gets picked for these buys the extra weights to play around with and report on their experience adding more or less weight to each position. 

This test has the potential to be the most intriguing one yet from an iron perspective. 

Great idea - the possibilities are endless!

10 minutes ago, Swood1994 said:

Yea I'm curious how the fitting experience goes for sure since although many are willing to mess around seeing numbers and flight comparison would be really helpful.

18 minutes ago, pozzit said:

Yea I'm curious how the fitting experience goes for sure since although many are willing to mess around seeing numbers and flight comparison would be really helpful.

I mentioned it in a stop at CC and the fitter there wasn't enthused by the idea of fitting a person to equipment as opposed to testing multiple options and letting the clubhead/shaft combo show from your results.

I would assume it's not going to be as technically tuned to the club settings but rather a fitting for the golfer as per normal followed by analysis of the results afterwards to determine settings for the construction.

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Lock it down!  Thanks to all who applied, now we get to work to find out who our testers will be!

Time to make our dreams come true...we'll at least for .001% of us!  😜  Becoming a tester would help me out of my misery when the snow melts in the next week or two!  This picture is real time looking out my office window.  You'd never believe we had grass 3 days ago.

image.png.5c58c954355e39ef07c556571b7957fb.png

25 minutes ago, richk9holes said:

I mentioned it in a stop at CC and the fitter there wasn't enthused by the idea of fitting a person to equipment as opposed to testing multiple options and letting the clubhead/shaft combo show from your results.

I would assume it's not going to be as technically tuned to the club settings but rather a fitting for the golfer as per normal followed by analysis of the results afterwards to determine settings for the construction.

Thats true, I've never gone to a fitting knowing what I wanted and just dailing it in. Also with the weights there are 216 unique combination which will be some fun experimenting.

This Test is now closed to further comments.