Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,997 signups
Equipment Type: Irons
Vendor: Edel

Edel Golf SMS and SMS Pro Irons

Presenting the first set of irons truly fit to your swing.  Edel golf has designed the SMS and SMS Pro irons to take your game to the next level.

LZ9_0072.jpg

edel_2022_by_lucas_botz_1496.jpg      edel_2022_by_lucas_botz_1439.jpg

Every Edel SMS and SMS Pro Iron comes complete with:

-  Swing Match Weight Technology

-  Forged Hollow Body Construction to Unlock Adjustability and Distance with Plasma Welded Maraging Steel Face Cup for Even More Distance (SMS)

-  Or a Precision Grain Forging for Incredible Sound and Feel (SMS Pro)

-  Players Sole Grind for Turf Interaction Versatility (SMS) or a Tour Inspired Tri-Stepped Sole Design for Enhanced Turf Interaction (SMS Pro)

Would you like to put the Edel SMS or SMS Pro Irons to the test? 

For this review opportunity we are looking for 4 MGS Forum Members to test and keep the Edel Irons!

Testers will be able to chose from in-stock shaft options currently listed on Edel's website and can choose from SMS Irons, SMS Pro Irons, or a blended combo set of irons! 

Testers will also be expected to get fit on their own within a week of selection or provide their known specs to the mod team for ordering.

This Test is open to right-hand golfers located in the United States.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Check out the Edel SMS reviews here

Be sure to check out the Forum Social Channels on Instagram & Twitter

309 Comments

I should be cleared from PT in a few more weeks, after a recent Shoulder Replacement. I could not plat at all last year due to injury. This year me and my new right shoulder are gonna play as much as they'll let me.

I just don't know what my swing is going to look like. It would be great to really test out this new weighted fitting system which caters to your natural swing. I like the idea of fitting the mechanics of the club towards your swing, not the other way around where we have to fit our swing to match the static setup of the off-the-rack clubs.

Would love to review these. They look slick. Been pretty happy with my pxgs but always have my eyes open to challengers. Thanks for the opportunity and good luck to all

Man, testing season is off to a hot start! I'd love to give these a try - I feel like I've graduated from my RadSpeeds and could use something that is capable of generating a bit more spin and green-holding power.

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

No, it just opened.  Looks like some members are seeing different things or are not able to sign up.

We've got a note over to the dev to take a look.  If you can't sign up now check back later on.  Signups will be open until next week!

It worked! Signed up! 

I've never had the pleasure of swinging Edel irons but would love the opportunity to do so. I am in Atlanta quite often so would be able to be fitted at one of the many places there that are listed by Edel. I'm currently playing all Ping clubs, except my wedges. Good luck to everyone!

These would be amazing to try and get fit for, Edel has made some great products in the past and these don't look to disappoint.  Being able to drill down on the weight of the club head to match your specific swing sounds amazing.  

33 minutes ago, GolfSpy_SAM said:

Incredible opportunity for the forum to have these to test! So excited for whomever gets the chance to put these through their paces!

I think whoever gets chosen has to purchase a hat like you were wearing in the community call and has to wear it every round, even if the color doesn't match. 

Really love these,

Set Configuration : 5-PW, GW ($250/club)

Hand : Right

Loft : 1° Strong

Lie Angle : Standard

Length : +0.25"

Shaft x 7 : Aerotech SteelFiber i95 - S 95g

Grip x 7 : Golf Pride MCC Edel Red/Grey - Standard

Edel x BB&F Ferrule : Black & Silver

This is my set, would only be missing 50,54,58 wedges

I find it interesting that they are not going after the total jacked up lofts that other OEM's are offering. I have no idea what's considered "standard lofts" these days, but I would think that a 7 at 32* would be on the weak side., compared to what's out there. Would be interesting to see, if the weighting aspects offers comparable distances to the stronger lofted offerings.

To bad I'm injured once again. I'd love to test those SMS Pro's. Look pretty tight from what I can see so far. Looking at Edel's site and checking on the Pro's I wonder how the digger type swing will perform with those narrow soles. Pickers should do fine but just curious how much their bounce/grind will help the big divot taker, especially in wet conditions or soft conditions. Can't wait to read some of the reviews. 

This is an exciting test opportunity. Edel irons are very interesting and appealing! I would love to test a combo set. I know my specs and have easy access to GCQuad and Trackman. Providing detailed feedback posts, including comparison with my current irons would be a blast. 9 hc (have been as low as 6), I currently play ZX7 irons with steelfiber i95 stiff (hard stepped once). Thank you. Good luck to everyone! 

1 hour ago, ballhawk said:

I find it interesting that they are not going after the total jacked up lofts that other OEM's are offering. I have no idea what's considered "standard lofts" these days, but I would think that a 7 at 32* would be on the weak side., compared to what's out there. Would be interesting to see, if the weighting aspects offers comparable distances to the stronger lofted offerings.

So I had a chance to hit these today against my forged Tec which has 29.5* of loft in the 7 iron. So roughly half a club stronger. 

it was 40 degrees with a wind in the face, so not the best conditions, but the SMS and SMS Pro held up just fine against the stronger lofted cobra!

I know edel is well known for their fitting and customization, their putters are well regarded and their wedges have built a pretty solid reputation especially with their adjustable weighting options. I've played forged irons for years and would love to test the shot shaping abilities and distance control with the pro irons. Really hope to be selected and give a full breakdown and review of these beauties.

2 minutes ago, pozzit said:

Wow MGS really is starting the testing season on fire. Would gladly take a 2 hour road trip to get the fitting I need for this. Couldn't decide which I would test so I think blended is going to be best o f both worlds. This is getting an immediate follow when the reviews come out.

I thought the same, 5-6 SMS 7-PW SMS pro

This Test is now closed to further comments.