Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,120 signups
Equipment Type: Irons
Vendor: MacGregor

MacGregor Golf is back and has a new line of irons by way of the MT86 OS Irons and MT86 Pro Irons

Screenshot 2023-03-12 15.35.01.png

We can trace our roots all the way back to 1829, with the founders of the company, a pair of English immigrants and expert woodworkers, opening a factory in Dayton OH.

The company initially started as a producer of hand carved wooden shoe lasts, pioneering a new lathe-based technique for producing lasts faster and more accurately than anyone around.

From 1875 to 1897, the company began a transformation. Two new partners were brought on; John McGregor, an expat from St Andrews, Scotland and a die-hard golfer, as well as Edward Canby, who soon became obsessed with the game.

In 1897, the partnership began the manufacture of traditional golf shafts and clubs, one of America's very first club manufacturers.

MacGregor clubs proved popular with both professionals and amateurs alike, with hundreds of thousands of clubs being sold around the world.

The company emerged from the Great Depression with new ownership and management, who sought the services of the legendary Tommy Armour, who in turn brought his assistant Toney Penna, and tour pros Jimmy Demaret, Byron Nelson and Ben Hogan. This was a formidable team; during the 1950s, MacGregor was the number one club and ball on tour. 

A period of innovation and growth followed which led the company to its most iconic partnership with Jack Nicklaus. Besides dominating on the course, Mr. Nicklaus was heavily involved with the management and direction of the company, and even ended up owning the company and bringing stability after a period of mismanagement. 

image.png

Since conception, MacGregor clubs have been used to win an incredible 59 majors in the hands and bags of all time greats like Jack Nicklaus and Greg Norman.

Now, though our pedigree runs nearly two centuries, our approach is thoroughly modern. Uncompromising quality shipped direct to the consumer for simply unbeatable prices. We're here to put the MacGregor back on the map, and truly make it The Greatest Name in Golf once more.

image.png

We are looking for 4 Forum Testers (2 OS & 2 Pro) to test and keep these incredible irons!

This test is open to RH and US only Forum Members

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New to the Forum? Interested in how we select our testers and want to increase your opportunity at being selected in this or future tests? READ MORE HERE!

153 Comments

Who would've thought that MacGregor would come back from the dead.  I would be most willing to give them a go. They are a beautiful looking clubhead. Does MacGregor put the shaft that they want on the clubhead or can the tester request a particular shaft, such as what they are currently using?

My first set of irons were MT ceramic face irons with leather wrap grips, yellow trim in them

Would like to try the Pro version out and compare to my Apex irons.

I also still have my macgregor persimmon woods, which is use once a year for historical purposes 

Oh man  - these would be a blast to test and report on.  I still have the Mike Souchak TSLs that were gifted me back in the late 1990’s.  Recently regripped I still play them when in the mood to hit classic blades.  I’m game for giving these a real go…

IMG_4318.jpeg

Never tried Mcgregor before… maybe before my time. But always love seeing more competition in the golf club game. 

fingers crossed - in need of some clubs to fix my game lol 

My first set of irons were MacGregor Mike Souchak.  My dad got me a set that included 1 and 3 wood laminated woods with 3,5,7,9 and putter. This was in the early 60’s.  Loved that set of clubs. 

Great looking irons, and the have great reviews on them already.

Best of luck to those that apply, my early golf days saw me playing MacGregor irons and persimmon woods in the 1960's through the mid 70's. Still have my set of MacGregor TCB irons here, although they are more a display item than anything else.

There have been some incredible testing opportunities this season. I was fortunate enough to be chosen for one of them. This is the first time I’ve felt a tinge of regret for signing up for the Garsen test. These irons are my absolute favorite current irons. Alas, I will have to follow along and live vicariously through the lucky few. Good luck to all the applicants!

This Test is now closed to further comments.