Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,272 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Balls
Vendor: OnCore

Testers Wanted! Two dozen OnCore Golf balls.

OnCore Golf balls have proprietary materials expertise applied in unique and patented product designs delivering exceptional performance. World-renowned engineering and design team members led by John Calabria who has been behind many of the most successful golf balls ever commercialized.

image.png

OnCore Golf provides premium high performance golf balls for all skill levels using cutting edge golf technology, allowing us to be the first to offer a series of perimeter weighted golf ball designs. We are also proud pioneers of our top rated ELIXR, AVANT 55, VERO X2 and VERO X1 golf balls.

TESTERS ANNOUNCED!

___________________________________________________________________________________

New to the Forum? Interested in how we select our testers and want to increase your opportunity at being selected in this or future tests? READ MORE HERE!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Want more information about OnCore and the different Golf Balls provided for testing? Here is a deeper dive!

VERO X1 and X2 ball info:

OnCore’s premium golf ball line up consists of the Vero X1 and Vero X2.  As mentioned above all OnCore golf balls make use of perimeter weighting to increase the balls moment of inertia (MOI).  If MOI is new to you the best way to think about it is the amount of energy require to put an object into a motion.  If an object has a high MoI it is difficult for that object to start moving.  In golf balls this is a very good thing as a higher MOI requires more energy to start the golf ball spinning.  This translates to lower back spin and side spin which also translates to longer shots with more control.  Another benefit of higher MOI is once the ball is spinning it takes longer for the ball to stop spinning.  This translates into longer aerodynamic flight (because the ball still has enough spin at apogee to remain aerodynamic), a lower descent angle post apogee and longer rolls.   

- The Vero X1 uses a low to mid compression polybutadiene core with a very high CoR.  We’ve pulled as much weight as possible out of the core and shifted it to the mantle layer.  This reduces the filler in the core making the core much faster and it moves weight to the perimeter increasing the balls MoI and reducing its spin. The mantle layer is made up of a highly rigid ionomer compound that is filled with an extremely dense metal.  This metal mantle is stiffer, denser and more resilient than the competition due to the metal infusion AND it facilitates a higher MoI for the golf ball.  There is a nano layer between the mantle and the cover designed to dramatically increase adhesion between the two materials which insures better performance for all shots.  The cover is a cast urethane that is 0.025” thick.  The 0.025” cover thickness is very thin which helps us reduce spin off the tee and long irons more than our competition that use thicker cover layers yet the cover is thick enough to give all the control you want around the green.  The aerodynamic package is a 318 dimple pattern that flies with a relatively high flight but has outstanding wind resistance.  With our high MOI product and our aerodynamics our balls simply do NOT get knocked around in the wind.  The final ball’s compression is in the mid to high 80s with a nice feel from tee to green.  All of our balls are made to conform but we conform to the upper limits on ball IV to insure maximum distance.

- The Vero X2 construction is similar to the Vero X1 except it utilizes a higher compression core.  In testing with pros we found a lot of players wanted and needed a higher compression ball to get the most out of their very high swing speed.  All of the features of the Vero X1 are present in the X2 but with a higher overall ball compression.  The Vero X2 compression is in the low to mid 90s.

66 Comments

Just now, DStar said:

Left hand - check, USA - no check...

Getting closer to meeting the criteria 😁

Good luck to all the testers chosen 

I know the feeling! 

I promise we have been working hard to get all international and with any luck i may even have one or two international only tests. 

Working very hard behind the scenes to make it happen. 

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I know the feeling! 

I promise we have been working hard to get all international and with any luck i may even have one or two international only tests. 

Working very hard behind the scenes to make it happen. 

It's great that you guys manage to get so many tests and, obviously, USA is the main focus for the manufacturers. Any international stuff is just a bonus to have ago at  👍

Fabulous!  Having played the original VeroX1 before, I'd love to test out the new VeroX2 model for comparison.   

Thanks OnCore for allowing us ... the MGS community ... the opportunity to test these out.  Golf ball tests are always fun! 👍

I love following a good golf ball test. I still have a few Titleist Proto sleeves kicking around from last year's opportunity, so the testing never ends. Good luck to all the those who apply and I'm sure you will do the forums proud, 

I've been playing Bridgestone balls for years and love the feel and response off all clubs I get from them, but I am always looking to try new balls/equipment out. OnCore seems to be on to something, and really interested to see results/test these out.

21 minutes ago, DStar said:

It's great that you guys manage to get so many tests and, obviously, USA is the main focus for the manufacturers. Any international stuff is just a bonus to have ago at  👍

Seems like COVID and those supply chain issues from the past few years have changed the way a lot of companies are doing warehousing and shipping now. Even some of the ones that have offered international or even just adding Canada have been unable to do so. 

we do keep on trying though! We love our international members and want to have great opportunities for you all too!

The golf ball test done by MGS is my favorite info about golf that anyone does.  I feel I am constantly trying different golf balls to see which feel, performance and distance works best for me.  I have never hit any of the OnCore golf balls but would like to.  

Thanks MGS.  I've played the Elixer for a year and was l very pleased. Anxious to see what advantages the Vero will bring.  

Would love to try out the newer version of the Elixer as I played a sleeve of the 2020 version and loved the distance, but the ball scuffed to easy.  So in hopes the newer version would address that.

I found an OnCore X1 during play and was intrigued after just a couple of good swings gave me results better than expected. Leave it to MGS to stage a ball test on exactly what I've been researching. Timing is everything, in the golf swing and in Member testing signup.

The Elixer probably suits my game the best as I prefer a softer feeling ball. Unfortunately,  they didn't make the new version of the Elixer in yellow which is a must for me. I will definitely be following the testers thought on all 3 balls.

Win the opportunity or not, I am going to try golf balls that do NOT get knocked around by the wind.  (Although I don’t know that this translates for a low swing speed golfer). It’s quite a claim and I’m looking forward to putting it to the test.  I’m using the Taylor Made Tour Response right now but chose the x2 because I’d like to see how this high compression ball plays for me.  I’ve done well and enjoyed playing the Titleist Pro v 1x balls but that could be due to other dynamics of construction as much as the compression.  Either way, I’m looking forward to trying these.  

This Test is now closed to further comments.