Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,791 signups
Equipment Type: Putters
Vendor: Sub 70

Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Putters

Screenshot 2023-08-29 10.31.38 AM.png

Just because the seasons are changing doesn’t mean there isn’t still ample time to test and review golf clubs. 

In MyGolfSpy Most Wanted Testing Sub 70 has performed well year over year and claimed third overall in 2023 Most Wanted Blade with the Sycamore 005 Wide Blade.  Bolstering an impressive lineup of 16 putters they have an option that will surely appeal to any golfer. 

Sub 70 says “Every Sub 70 putter is milled from a billet of 1045 carbon steel which leaves no welds, castings or inconsistencies in the head. This is the best way to make a putter head and you will not find a more solid, great feeling putter. Aesthetically each of the Sub 70 putters offers a clean, classic black and white color scheme with traditional alignment lines. We have purposefully made the heads slightly heavier than the industry standard as we feel it allows a more natural pendulum like putting stroke. “

Sub 70 also introduced a new graphite/steel putter shaft this year that offers more technology, feel and stability.

image.png

Add in these Sub 70 putters will often cost half of what major brands sell for and there would seem to be perfect balance of value and performance. 

This is where we need you!

We will be selecting four golfers to test, review and keep any putter from Sub 70’s lineup with the shaft preference of their choosing. 

What do you think? Up for testing what could be the best underrated putter you haven’t tried and providing your feedback along the way?

IMPORTANT! - Screenshot and/or share the Sub 70 Putter you want to test along with shaft and grip combo to be eligible for test! 

*Test is open to US only
*Available for Left and Right handed golfers. 
*Registration closes Sept 13 2023 and selections announced Sept 19 2023.

548 Comments

Would love to test the Sub70 putters out. Heard great things about them.

My ideal is the Sycamore 002 Mid Mallet in "Left Hand" version

MidSize grip - Winn 2020 VSN Midsize pistol black
Shaft - Sub70 Graphite/Steel Straight Putter 827548
35" length
Standard Loft/Lie

See attached photo.

Sub70 Sycamore 002 Mid Mallet.jpg

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Sub 70 actually has two different departments so to speak. The UK branch is a family run section that kinda runs outside of the US side. 

I know. I've dealt with the UK guys directly, and indirectly via Stephen at Fit for Purpose Golf. Still grumpy not to have a chance to get my hands on a putter though.

I have been customizing Scotty Cameron putters for years and LOVE to see the new brands bringing on some seriously great products.  I think I currently own at least 7 putters to compare to, including Odyssey Toulon and Scotty Cameron.  I would love EITHER the Sub 70 TAIII 254 Wide Blade Putter -OR- Sub 70 005 Wide Blade Center Shaft Putter.  I think testing various face balance styles is a great way to understand how the manufacturer manipulates the putter construction for various biases that many of us have without even knowing. 

Great work to the Sub 70 team on these!

image.png.6bab72ff4df26f30b5e2b2d6ac67fba4.png

image.png.7acbbbcae3dda1a43ed6c1347715cca3.png

Just now, Jeff in the Mitten said:

I have been customizing Scotty Cameron putters for years and LOVE to see the new brands bringing on some seriously great products.  I think I currently own at least 7 putters to compare to, including Odyssey Toulon and Scotty Cameron.  I would love EITHER the Sub 70 TAIII 254 Wide Blade Putter -OR- Sub 70 005 Wide Blade Center Shaft Putter.  I think testing various face balance styles is a great way to understand how the manufacturer manipulates the putter construction for various biases that many of us have without even knowing. 

Great work to the Sub 70 team on these!

image.png.6bab72ff4df26f30b5e2b2d6ac67fba4.png

image.png.7acbbbcae3dda1a43ed6c1347715cca3.png

For what it's worth...I'd love to do some cool paint fill options with these too!  Could make an amazing combo with that green grip!  🙂 

I've really wanted to try out one of these putters.  I've read a lot about them, but don't know anyone who actually has one.  This would be a great opportunity to see if I should bring these in for the charity tournament I put on.  Always looking for new/different gear to introduce to our players.  I brought in Precision Pro rangefinders before they become popular and our players loved them.  Then I brought in the Claw gloves and the same thing, everyone loved them and keeps asking to get them again.  Which to say, if you want an awesome glove that never gets crusty, has awesome grip and will last years, check out the Claw glove by CaddyDaddy.  I used my first one for almost two years (playing 2x/week) and it still isn't worn out and is as flexible as day one.  I recently got another one and expect that to last for a long time.

Heard some good things about the Sub70 putters, would be Interesting to try them out and compare then to my current putter. Super excited to possibly be a tester!

3A4E09DE-23ED-463B-B4DE-BFC8F7A33258.png

B5277CC2-AB74-43C1-90AB-5ED65438DE84.png

I also would definitely go for the 008 center shaft model as is shown above - in fact was just looking at it last week - would be a step up for me and would complete the conversion to all Sub 70 

I would love to be able to test these! Been looking for a new putter and this might fit the bill! I would love to test the AL5 armlock putter, as I’m a huge fan of the wide blades and an armlock putter, with the SuperStroke Zynergy 17” grip, and a shaft length of 40”. Looking forward to seeing how this test goes!

IMG_5834.png

Have the Sub70 Armlock AL6 and love it. Would like to try a conventional putter in the 005 as I love wide blade putters, or the Armlock 005 since I can add weight and my Armlock length is 46.5 inches. I would love to try the graphite/steel shaft in the standard putter at 37 inches with the Winn oversized grip. If it’s the armlock I would love the standard shaft 46.5 inches with the Jumbo Max grip with the flat part facing my forearm. Love the company. Play the putter, wedges, and irons! Thanks for the chance! 

IMG_1385.png

Would love to try this one. I've owned center shafter putters from Scotty, Bettinardi, to my current gamer PXG. I live S. California so golf is year round for me.

image_2023-09-07_092503509.png

This Test is now closed to further comments.