Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,794 signups
Equipment Type: Putters
Vendor: Sub 70

Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Putters

Screenshot 2023-08-29 10.31.38 AM.png

Just because the seasons are changing doesn’t mean there isn’t still ample time to test and review golf clubs. 

In MyGolfSpy Most Wanted Testing Sub 70 has performed well year over year and claimed third overall in 2023 Most Wanted Blade with the Sycamore 005 Wide Blade.  Bolstering an impressive lineup of 16 putters they have an option that will surely appeal to any golfer. 

Sub 70 says “Every Sub 70 putter is milled from a billet of 1045 carbon steel which leaves no welds, castings or inconsistencies in the head. This is the best way to make a putter head and you will not find a more solid, great feeling putter. Aesthetically each of the Sub 70 putters offers a clean, classic black and white color scheme with traditional alignment lines. We have purposefully made the heads slightly heavier than the industry standard as we feel it allows a more natural pendulum like putting stroke. “

Sub 70 also introduced a new graphite/steel putter shaft this year that offers more technology, feel and stability.

image.png

Add in these Sub 70 putters will often cost half of what major brands sell for and there would seem to be perfect balance of value and performance. 

This is where we need you!

We will be selecting four golfers to test, review and keep any putter from Sub 70’s lineup with the shaft preference of their choosing. 

What do you think? Up for testing what could be the best underrated putter you haven’t tried and providing your feedback along the way?

IMPORTANT! - Screenshot and/or share the Sub 70 Putter you want to test along with shaft and grip combo to be eligible for test! 

*Test is open to US only
*Available for Left and Right handed golfers. 
*Registration closes Sept 13 2023 and selections announced Sept 19 2023.

548 Comments

Would love to give this one a try with the midsize Super Stroke Zenergy Flatso 2.0 Black/White grip and Double Bend/Offset Putter Steel Shaft!

IMG_0702.jpeg

This one looks interesting to me.  

Sub 70 004 Mallet Putter

The 004 mallet has a wing/fang style head shape that is exceptionally easy to line up and get putts started on the right line every time. The 004 also has adjustable weighting which allows the player to go from 370 gr

Club Options: 

Grip Size: Oversize

Grip: Super Stroke Zenergy Flatso 3.0 Black/White - 827799 +$20.00

Shaft Type: Sub 70 Graphite/Steel Single Bend Putter - 827547 +$12.00

Length: 35"(Mens Standard)

thanks for the opportunity as always

Would really love to try this putter. I’ve wanted to purchase for quite some time, but it’s hard to buy a putter when you can’t try it in store. The simple alignment design fits my eye just right, and I’ve been wanting to switch to a mixed material shaft. I’ve become obsessed with improving my putting to drop down to being a scratch golfer. Maybe this test will help me go “sub 70” soon. 🤣

IMG_1338.jpeg

I have the Sub 70 699 Pro and their wedges.  Great clubs.  Would love to try out their putter.  

Grip Size:

Standard Midsize Oversize 

Grip:

Super Stroke Zenergy Tour 1.0 Black/White - 827770 

Shaft:

Double Bend/Offset Putter Steel Shaft -

Length:

-- Please Select --35"

Putter.jpeg

I’ve really though about sub 70 as my next irons. Didn’t think about putter because I love mine right now. But who’s to say I wouldn’t like this better!?!

IMG_2921.jpeg

IMG_2922.jpeg

What a great testing opportunity! I am a huge putter nerd and have been eyeballing these for a while. I have an O-Works red 1wide that is a similar set up to the Sycamore 005 Wide Blade. I would love to put these two through their paces and give a real apples to apples (albeit, Pink lady to Fuji). I have the Birdie ball mat in my simulator room and live near a golf course with a fast, smooth practice green.  The wheels are spinning!!!

Best of luck to all and I look forward to reading the results of the testers.

Sycamore 005 Wide Blade Putter

Putter of Choice for me would be the 005 Sycamore  RH 34.5 "  Single bend shaft (40 degree toe hang) with a golf Pride Tour SNSR Mid pistol grip,

image.png.8976cb5a5e0f07cdf5da438edbbd7385.png

image.png

image.png.e1c1d7a084eac12eaa52771ccebca6df.pngSub 70 Sycamore 009 Mini Putter

SKU: 827308-827775-813272-817993

Hand

Right Hand

Grip Size

Midsize

Select Grip

Super Stroke Zenergy Tour 2.0 Black/White - 827775

Select Shaft

Double Bend/Offset Putter Steel Shaft - 813272(RH)-8179 ...

Select Shaft

Double Bend/Offset Putter Steel Shaft - 813272(RH)-817993(LH)

Club Length

34"

Playing APT tournaments this would be an opportunity to see some strokes gained. I’m liking the looks of the SUB70 Sycamore 004 Mallet.

MB

Love to test the Sub 70 Sycamore 005 wide blade putter with Winn VSN Pistol and double bend black steel shaft (ideal 30-31", but 33" ok).  Right hand model.

image.png.ab99ff6b01f371c2ca78e8e60bece76b.png

This Test is now closed to further comments.