Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

JustOne Golf Game - Do You Think This Will Spread?

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

Golfers Love Games...Do You Think This Will Spread?

From JustOne: 

Just One Golf, the innovative on course gaming system is bringing more fun, excitement and drama to golf courses across the country. Golf course owners are realizing that having the Just One game on their course is driving rounds, revenue, player retention and excitement! Just One Golf has added the following new courses across the country in just the last three weeks and continues to sign new courses every week.

Visit WebSite

#TruthDigest

It seems like a good idea. Golfers love to gamble.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Very cool premise, might have to send this over to my course GM.

I don't see how this wouldn't affect the pace of play though.  Just picturing one of our senior or technologically challenged members trying to input their info on the screen and it adds 5-10 minutes to hitting your tee shot.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

We have this at the course I live/play on. Literally, the tee area is 20 yards away from my kitchen window right in my backyard.

Cool idea, but the thing was out of service for the first 3 months it was installed.

Also, just like you said hckymeyer, it takes a while to input all of your information and after many frustrating attempts, neither I nor anyone I know has ever actually placed a bet with it.

I could count on 1 hand how many people I've seen place a bet on the machine since it was installed, and half of them were at a time when they had a cute girl sitting in a cart explaining the game to everyone for the entire weekend.

Would be a great idea if it was faster to use.

Driver: Ping G25 9.5° TFC Tour X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Whiteout/Red

Fairway Wood: 3w Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 13° Aldila RIP X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Black/Red

Hybrid: 3h Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 19° Aldila RIP X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Black/Red

Irons: Cobra Amp Cell Pro's 4i-PW KBS C-Taper X-stiff + 1/2" w/New Decade Multicompound Whiteout/Black

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM4's 50°, 54°, 58° DG S300's +1/2" w/New Decade Multicompound Whitout/Black

Putter: Nike Method 001 34" w/SuperStroke Mid-Slim White/Red

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x

Run from this company.  I used to work at a course that installed Justone Golf and it was nothing close to what was promised.  First of all, the install digs up the course as they have to run power and data cables.  More importantly, almost no golfers buy it so there is almost no benefit while you are left with a dug up course and ugly poles on one of your par 3 holes.

I suggest any course thinking about using Justone Golf to do their homework and call a bunch of their courses.  Not just the ones they tell you to call.  Sadly, our GM didn't do this.

One thing we found out after we installed Justone Golf is they copied this idea from www.chariteegolf.net.  Charitee Golf has is installed at Creekside GC in the Atlanta area and they have had it for three years. I talked to a pro at Creekside and they said Charitee program is 100% better.  They are solar powered and wireless so there is no tearing up of the course and they market it much better so people buy it and after three years, it is just as popular now as it was when it was new.

Do your homework on this company.  If you do, you will run.

Archived