Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2010 Adams CB1 & Adams CB2 Irons!

GolfSpy_X

Anyone else think the Pro Black Hybrid a little too tough to hit?...?...? I love the look but, ugh....

It was supposed to be. It wasn't designed to be your average hybrid. But most people just bought thinking they were then ended up hating them.

I have a revolving WITB policy.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the CB2 something I should look at in addition to the MX200's or are these more of a players model?

If I were you I would really look hard at the Adams clubs, and this coming from a Mizuno guy. The MX 300 is probably a little more forgiving though, but the Adams ones are very nice.

• SPY VIP

If I were you I would really look hard at the Adams clubs, and this coming from a Mizuno guy. The MX 300 is probably a little more forgiving though, but the Adams ones are very nice.

Do you think that the MX200 would be even more forgiving then?

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Do you think that the MX200 would be even more forgiving then?

200 easier than 300 easier than CB2 easier than CB1.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Thanks Nic

This is exactly what I wanted to know.

again, everything I post here is JMO, and should be tested in the real world with a real golf swing...

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Adams makes a great product and people are still a little bit hesitant to pull the trigger. The IDEA Pro Forged is a fantastic club, and the IDEA Pro Gold is very similar. (Especially now if you can find it on Clearance at a local golf store for a bit cheaper than it has been).

Having worked in a few golf stores, many folks still are really unaware of Adams as a whole. THEY MAKE A DAMN GOOD PRODUCT. Of course, they have been known for their hybrids for several years now, but their irons and ESPECIALLY drivers are gaining ground.

These new Pro Black irons have been generating some buzz for quite some time now... Hopefully they will sell better than previous Adams clubs.

Anyone else think the Pro Black Hybrid a little too tough to hit?...?...? I love the look but, ugh....

I never put much thought into adams clubs until recently.

i agree, the pro golds, especially the PVD's(i happened to score a set for a very good deal) have a great flight. It's "strong". Penetrating yet stops on the green. All i could ever ask in an iron to be honest. i like the CB1, but i think the pro golds just look a touch better.

as for the hybrids, i am still playing a pro gold 20 that i refer to as "old reliable". When i must put it in the fairway or layup on a really long par 5 after a terrible tee shot, she gets the call. Even not so stellar strikes seem to be rewarded without much arguing from the club.

the new problack looks good, albeit a little "boxy" around the toe which i am not so sure about. The same thing with last years hybrids, they seemed to upright for my eye therfore i did not care for them at all.

Driver wise, those speedlines look tough to be sure. I am going to hit one this summer sometime.

People Sleep Peacibly in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

I never put much thought into adams clubs until recently.

i agree, the pro golds, especially the PVD's(i happened to score a set for a very good deal) have a great flight. It's "strong". Penetrating yet stops on the green. All i could ever ask in an iron to be honest. i like the CB1, but i think the pro golds just look a touch better.

as for the hybrids, i am still playing a pro gold 20 that i refer to as "old reliable". When i must put it in the fairway or layup on a really long par 5 after a terrible tee shot, she gets the call. Even not so stellar strikes seem to be rewarded without much arguing from the club.

the new problack looks good, albeit a little "boxy" around the toe which i am not so sure about. The same thing with last years hybrids, they seemed to upright for my eye therfore i did not care for them at all.

Driver wise, those speedlines look tough to be sure. I am going to hit one this summer sometime.

The Pro Black Hybrids are so tough to hit. I think that unless you are a great ball striker, there might be a better option out there. I am still a big fan of the CB1's, and am working my sources for a set....

• SPY VIP

again, everything I post here is JMO, and should be tested in the real world with a real golf swing...

Sorry, I just ordered all four sets. oops

Even before the boards I would never buy without hitting.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Sorry, I just ordered all four sets. oops

Even before the boards I would never buy without hitting.

Just a little disclaimer... I say the same thing to my customers almost daily.

so baically it is the difference between the ap1s and ap2s

Not really. AP1's are geared at the player who wants to play Titleist, and needs some help. The CB1 and CB2 irons are very close in performance and look. Putting them on the ground next to each other, it is hard to tell the difference. Not so with the AP irons.

Not really. AP1's are geared at the player who wants to play Titleist, and needs some help. The CB1 and CB2 irons are very close in performance and look. Putting them on the ground next to each other, it is hard to tell the difference. Not so with the AP irons.

So what is the difference between sets then?

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

So what is the difference between sets then?

CB2 has a 4 way cambered sole and progressive offset, while the CB1 does not. CB2 flies higher than CB1, and both look like players clubs, not shovels.

CB2 has a 4 way cambered sole and progressive offset, while the CB1 does not. CB2 flies higher than CB1, and both look like players clubs, not shovels.

Ok...I'll take a set of each then. That way, I can figure out just which set is right for me. :)

Ok...I'll take a set of each then. That way, I can figure out just which set is right for me. :wacko:

Best plan I've heard so far. Credit card # please?

Thanks Nick! I do like the looks of both.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Thanks Nick! I do like the looks of both.

CB1's now on order!!!

5-PW Std length KBS Tour X soft stepped once, 2* flat, GPTVFC Grips. I hope they come soon...

CB1 makes me reconsider my PING i5. I work at a Golf Galaxy and we haven't seen these yet here in the Chicago area. Adams rep will be here this weekend.... He has some explaining to do!

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

I tested the CB1's with my sales rep and was very impressed, not enough to give up the blades, but they felt very solid. They really come out of the turf nicely and flight the ball very well.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

I tested the CB1's with my sales rep and was very impressed, not enough to give up the blades, but they felt very solid. They really come out of the turf nicely and flight the ball very well.

noticeably higher than pro blacks though right???

Not a great deal higher, it averaged to about a degree and a half higher launch angle on each club according to the Trackman.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

Not a great deal higher, it averaged to about a degree and a half higher launch angle on each club according to the Trackman.

Was this testing outside?? We have Kudu, and I found that the peak height of the flight of the CB1's was higher than the Pro Black's, not that that's all bad...

nicsherman,

What's the story on these? What's supposed to be the difference between the two? Which is more forgiving, which is the more blade-like? Yada, yada, yada.

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen. :(

nicsherman,

What's the story on these? What's supposed to be the difference between the two? Which is more forgiving, which is the more blade-like? Yada, yada, yada.

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen. :D

the 2's are supposed to be a bit easier to hit, but still have the "players look" to them. I found the 1's to be to my liking, with a slightly more controllable ballflight.. (like I can do that). It would be tough for the average consumer to differentiate between the 2 sets, IMO. It just seemed like the 1's were a bit more controllable.

Archived