Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2010 Adams CB1 & Adams CB2 Irons!

GolfSpy_X

CB1 makes me reconsider my PING i5. I work at a Golf Galaxy and we haven't seen these yet here in the Chicago area. Adams rep will be here this weekend.... He has some explaining to do!

Please give us some details on what he says!!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hit both over the weekend when the Adams rep stopped by on Saturday afternoon... LOVE THE LOOKS of both the irons! And stock shaft options of KBS Tour or Project X.... :lol:

Heard the price tag $799.... Adams rep also showed me the true blade as well... Looks sexy but too much stick for me.

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

I hit both over the weekend when the Adams rep stopped by on Saturday afternoon... LOVE THE LOOKS of both the irons! And stock shaft options of KBS Tour or Project X.... :D

Heard the price tag $799.... Adams rep also showed me the true blade as well... Looks sexy but too much stick for me.

8 bones...ouch....I'll look for a set on re-sale. :)

8 bones...ouch....I'll look for a set on re-sale. :)

I'm afraid to post what I'm paying for mine.... Another perk of a low paying golf job.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

based on the looks and feel.... 8 bones is worth it. if i weren't in love with my i5 irons i would seriously consider. Adams is so under rated it is a shame.... they make some of the best product out there.

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

I'm afraid to post what I'm paying for mine.... Another perk of a low paying golf job.

I remember those days....one of the few perks of the slave wage job, and based on the offer I got on the CG7Tours BP's I'm gonna guess around $350.

Oh....keep me in mind when you go to get rid of them.....friend. :lol:

Please don't post it, or I will remove you from my friends list!!!! :lol:

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

• 4 weeks later...

7-10 days we should see the CB1 and CB2 irons hitting the shelves at Golf Galaxy. Most likely will not keep the blades in stock........ Will be a custom order only, I'm sure.

Also.... Keep running dry on the Srixon Yellow..... Get em while they're hot!

Any more reports on these, It's seems I might have a little local insider whole sale pricing for these irons, but have to decide in the next two weeks

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Any more reports on these, It's seems I might have a little local insider whole sale pricing for these irons, but have to decide in the next two weeks

I'll take them....hit me up on here and I'll give you the specs. It's the least you can do for beating my for 5th place. :(

Still waiting for my sticks to appear.. sadly, I am hitting the current clubs better than ever... what to do, what to do...

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

I remember those days....one of the few perks of the slave wage job, and based on the offer I got on the CG7Tours BP's I'm gonna guess around $350.

Oh....keep me in mind when you go to get rid of them.....friend. :)

Go a little lower..... :(

I'll take them....hit me up on here and I'll give you the specs. It's the least you can do for beating my for 5th place. :lol:

Wait a minute, I was 7th, I think you might owe me!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Wait a minute, I was 7th, I think you might owe me!

Oh, I got it mixed up. It was 6th and 7th we were battling it out for, lol. I thought I had gotten 6th and you had gotten 7th. Then I got an email from Never Compromise instead of SeeMore (for the putters). When I asked Admin about it, they said after announcing things, they had found you had more points and had actually come in 6th....thereby putting me in 7th.

So...as you can see....you clearly owe me. :)

:lol:

(I feel like we've gotten into this scene)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUee1WvtQZU

CB1 arrived at Golf Galaxy, Schaumburg, Illinois! BEAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTIFUL! Flighted PX 6.0. $799.99.

CB2 should be coming shortly.

Not in mine yet, checked this Sunday. Hope to see and hit them during this week.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

• 1 month later...

Looking at getting a set of the CB1's. Had a demo day at my country club and hit some balls with them and let me tell you... flawless.

I just got my custom set on Tuesday. I can't begin to tell you how good these irons are. My only concern is the durability of the finish. With the limited amount that I play, it should not be too much of an issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice - solid just like their previous lines.

TM Superdeep TP 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard

TEE CB3 15 Motore Tour

Adams Idea Pro Tour Issue 20 KBS Hybrid

Titleist AP2 4-PW KBS Stiff

Taylormade XFT 52, 58, 64 KBS Hi-Rev Stiff

Cameron Coronado Welded Neck T Stamp

Taylormade Red (If they still made em)

Adams is just a good a company as Taylormade, Callaway, and Titleist. They make the #1 hybrid and have had plenty of good drivers and irons as well. As for these CB1's...I'll be buying a set within the year hands down. They're that good coming from a Mizuno iron guy.

Just ordered the CB1's, 2 degrees flat (don't hate me because I'm vertically challenged) 5-GW. Hit every aforementioned club on the range and for a "feel" player like me, THESE ARE THE CLUBS!!!!! Not sure if it's the material used or the weighting but knowing exactly how pure (or "un"pure) my strike is as soon as it comes off the club face is important to me and these are better than any previously clubs I have demo'd (Titleist, Mizuno, Callaway, Ping). Distance was good and maybe even a touch longer. 2 weeks and counting...

Driver: ADAMS Pro Speed 10 degree

Three wood: Orlimar Trimetal 12 degree with ProGold shaft

Hybrid: 18 degree Nike CPR

Hybrid: 24 degree Nike CPR

5-GW: ADAMS Pro Black CB1

SW: 56 degree (two dot) Cleveland CG15 Black Pearl

LW: 60 degree (two dot) Cleveland CG15 Black Pearl

Putter: Rossa Classic Daytona (Black)

Archived