TP Mills Softail 354g (carbon)
TP Mills Heritage 349g (carbon)
Byron Morgan 006 355g (carbon)
C&L CL1 368g (carbon)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I am interested in the CB1 model as I don't want progressive offset and I prefer a thinner blade type iron.

However, I am intrigued by the Pro Black MB (muscle back) irons.

Has anyone been able to try both of them out to know the difference in launch angle and spin rates? I can't seem to find any shop with the MB irons.

Ol' Stick

The MBs are NOWHERE to be found out this way. Even the quality shops with generally more knowledgeable staffs don't have a clue what I'm talking about when I ask about the Adams MBs.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

• 7 months later...

I've got a tour issued set of these heads on the way. CB2's 4-7, CB1's 8-GW. They were supposed to be here today, but the good ole' USPS finally run late.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 1 month later...

I've played 4 rounds with my CB2's and couldn't be happier. Scores have dropped each round. Shots are basically point and shoot. If I need to work it a little left or right, I can. Can hit knock downs, hit it high, whatvever is needed.

Specs were off a little, but I had a clubbuilder check and he bent them to my needs (even if you custom order, make sure to have the clubs checked when you get them). Was so impressed that I ended up buying a 9064 driver, Black Pro Hybrid and speedfast 10 3 wood. No complaints with any of those either.

Tried the Callaway Diablo Forged, Taylor Burner and Burner 2.0, Taylor Tour Preferred, Mizuno MP57, Callaway X22 Tour all in he past year. Taylor R9TP driver, fairways and hybrids, Callaway Diablo Edge Tour driver, fairways and Hybrids.

My playing partners are always wondering what I'll show up with next. The Adams are here to stay. Last round had my first nine under par in over 3 years. Would have shot a low 70's round except for a Kevin Na hole on the front side.

I'm a legit 11 handicap ( again a Kevin Na hole or 2 per 18 - elminate those and I can get into the low-mid single digits. )

Anyway - anyone looking for a new iron can't go wrong in giving the CB2 a fair shot.

Archived